Real digestion consequences (block player, delete data, etc)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Real digestion consequences (block player, delete data,

Postby DigiThing » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:48 am

deamented4343 wrote:Maybe adding a system in which you can save only a few times? As in maybe only saving from the very start or when you are at the final boss for the chapter? I have played games in which you start off the game after customizing your character; but it doesn't let you save anywhere you want unless you look for certain items that WILL allow you too save your progress but these items are only found in limited quantities.(can't remember the names though.)

For example: You know a dragon you have too kill? Want too save but can't? then go around the world and level up a bit; and at the same time look for these items that will allow you too save (random number maybe only enough items for 2 save files?) that's just an idea i had in mind. Anyone else think that will be good idea?

it has merit, or there are hidden mini bosses scattered around the world (no more, no less) and only by killing them do you get a save/respawn token, you can use it to save or if you die with in on you, you respawn. (keeping it should have consequence, like you incounter theaves and enstead of stealling gold, they take the crystal (better hope you can steal it back, other wise THEY will respawn when you kill the lol ))
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby masterofvore1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:17 pm

hey I know! since we want a game that breaks it's self if you lose, thus making it unable to be enjoyed in the future, why not make one that formats the dis, causes the CPU to overclock to 700000ghz and then catch on fire and burn the house?

(obviously, I'm joking.)
masterofvore1
---

Postby smiley » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

A game that can make itself unplayable after a certain condition? That kinda reminds me of a creepypasta-ish story I read a while back.
But in all honesty I think that such a future would get annoying pretty quickly. Character permadeath has been done before (Notably by roguelikes) but can always start over with those.
If such a future would be added to a game I think there should at least be a way to Hard-reset it so that you can start over from the beginning.
smiley
Participator

Postby Rein1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:45 pm

could do it darksouls style... say your characters an spirit or something that can only be 'digested' while in human form but if your digested you respawn in spirit form where you have to do either side quests or crafting or something so you can regain your humanity.
Rein1
Somewhat familiar

Postby masterofvore1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:07 pm

smiley wrote:A game that can make itself unplayable after a certain condition? That kinda reminds me of a creepypasta-ish story I read a while back.
But in all honesty I think that such a future would get annoying pretty quickly. Character permadeath has been done before (Notably by roguelikes) but can always start over with those.
If such a future would be added to a game I think there should at least be a way to Hard-reset it so that you can start over from the beginning.

I don't get why it would go to the extreme of making it unplayable. I mean, I can understand someone wants it to be more permanent, but what's the point of playing a game if you can only play it once?
masterofvore1
---

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:51 am

Diablo hardcore, make character if character dies then they die for good
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby evilsociopsych » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:54 pm

I wouldn't push it to the extremes like removing player data/save :) however in prey pov rpg style game it would make sense that characters become disheartened and suffer a strong debuff while witnessing their fellow party member being swallowed ,and if not saved in time, digested by vore boss - empowering the creatures appetite and moving the edge, it would certainly make those encounters unique to the usual mob grind
On the other hand i don't know if it's even possible to implement and how to avoid tediousness with such mechanics, there's of course matter of resurrection :D
evilsociopsych
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:12 pm

evilsociopsych wrote:there's of course matter of resurrection :D

AKA tracking the creature for a few hours in secret till it deposits the "remains" of you party member? XD
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby evilsociopsych » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:18 pm

AKA tracking the creature for a few hours in secret till it deposits the "remains" of you party member? XD

hehe. good one :lol:
I was rather thinking about pounding the damn beast until it chokes companion out :D
evilsociopsych
Somewhat familiar

Postby masterofvore1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:54 pm

NekoYuki wrote:
evilsociopsych wrote:there's of course matter of resurrection :D

if you continued with other characters and managed to find the creatures, could be done to make it so that some times would get digested and others would get stuck inside or pass with the former party member
masterofvore1
---

Previous

Return to Vore game