ShrunkCraft v0.6 - Single Player Map Released

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What do you think of the new kitchen? (Still a WIP)

I love it!
48%
I like it!
24%
Meh/I don't know/I don't care
21%
I don't like it
1%
I hate it, go back to old kitchen!
6%

Total votes : 129

Re: ShrunkCraft v0.50 - Dedicated server is up!

Postby TERMINATOR90 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 am

I have a problem, I can not connect. during the connection phase minecraft goes in error
TERMINATOR90
New to the forum

Postby eatme1234 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:04 am

Zeldazackman wrote:I'd hate to ask, but is there any way I could get a copy of the server's files for my own private use?

I'd love to play on this map but there is no way I can attempt to even get mc running with everything going on in the background well enough to not die all the damn time to a simple spider as this pc was to mainly be a NAS controller (Main fapping pc winded up getting fried due to siblings general shenanigans).

Eventually I will updated the downloadable single player version. But remember, plugins and the like won't be working...

AngelofHell64 wrote:Problem, I try to join and it times me out, why would this be?

Make sure your connecting to the new ip. If you're still having this problem, then I might have to reset your player data and see if that works. I'll compensate for any lost items

TERMINATOR90 wrote:I have a problem, I can not connect. during the connection phase minecraft goes in error

Can you post the error for me?

NekoYuki wrote:Well, it was that or the server just flat out goes down permanently, because his sister keeps yanking out the internet.

The server doesn't have to be online-mode=true. I could easily set online-mode=false even on our hoster. It's just that the poll said a majority wanted online-mode=true. Honestly, the only thing that online-mode does is allow players to see your skin. But there is a less chance of a hacker logging in and causing chaos. Honestly I am reconsidering setting online-mode back to false. Its mainly just those people who don't know how to /register to come on a server
eatme1234
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:06 am

But then i'll lose my adorable kitty skin Q3Q
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Brutaller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:28 am

NekoYuki wrote:But then i'll lose my adorable kitty skin Q3Q

hey thats strange... I'm playing on a free server and players who bought minecraft got skins visible.... let me ask the owner maybe there will be a way!
Brutaller
Participator

Postby eatme1234 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:05 am

Brutaller wrote:hey thats strange... I'm playing on a free server and players who bought minecraft got skins visible.... let me ask the owner maybe there will be a way!

Ever since minecraft 1.6.4 mojang remade they way which skins work. That could be why skins currently don't work, but if you find a solution let me know and it will contribute to turning online-mode back off
eatme1234
Participator

Postby Brutaller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:12 am

eatme1234 wrote:
Brutaller wrote:hey thats strange... I'm playing on a free server and players who bought minecraft got skins visible.... let me ask the owner maybe there will be a way!

Ever since minecraft 1.6.4 mojang remade they way which skins work. That could be why skins currently don't work, but if you find a solution let me know and it will contribute to turning online-mode back off

okay that could be a problem..... the server i play on is 1.6.4

but there still should be a way to attach the skins manually... like from the server...... it could even be automatized... players upload their skin and enter their nickname..... and stuff.... but hell shouldn't the premium users just shut their mouths? i dont think shrunkcraft is a type of server to go premium-only..... i was holding back up till now.... but that's B.S.
Brutaller
Participator

Postby CutenessOverlord » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 am

eatme1234 wrote:
Brutaller wrote:Ever since minecraft 1.6.4 mojang remade they way which skins work. That could be why skins currently don't work, but if you find a solution let me know and it will contribute to turning online-mode back off

I don't know if there's mods like that for 1.7.9, but HD Skins mods often works by loading the skin from another server than Mojang's. Those mods are clientside, so they would not be necessary to come on the server, and that would allow players with a cracked Minecraft to use a skin they want. Everyone would need the mod to see the skins, though.
Kyah! ♫
I'm just a genderless micro halfling! Half-Human, Half-Gryphon! ♥
(And my size is somewhere between 0.05mm and 1cm, depending on your imagination.)
CutenessOverlord
Been posting for a bit

Postby Brutaller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:39 am

Gryffen wrote:
eatme1234 wrote:
Brutaller wrote:Ever since minecraft 1.6.4 mojang remade they way which skins work. That could be why skins currently don't work, but if you find a solution let me know and it will contribute to turning online-mode back off

I don't know if there's mods like that for 1.7.9, but HD Skins mods often works by loading the skin from another server than Mojang's. Those mods are clientside, so they would not be necessary to come on the server, and that would allow players with a cracked Minecraft to use a skin they want. Everyone would need the mod to see the skins, though.

that's exactly what i meant... if you download the skin you want and upload it directly onto the server and refresh the resource pack once per i dunno 3 days.... you would have to wait for the skin max. 3 days BUT that makes new problems.... 1) you need someone who can program all that goddamn stuff, ideal thing would be ShrunkCraft launcher.
2) some premium users might QQ about being on the same level with warez versions....
Brutaller
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Brutaller wrote:
2) some premium users might QQ about being on the same level with warez versions....

Ok Stop trying to incite a fight here, lest we not forget you're actually using an ILLEGAL version of minecraft.
This was put to a popular vote and Skins won, EM right now is paying this server out of pocket as of this week and is trying to make as many people happy as possible in hopes we might get some donations.

Don't insult and be rude to players who actually bought the games or this'll just turn into yet another thread that's a flamewar between A & B.
NekoYuki
???

Postby Brutaller » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 pm

NekoYuki wrote:
Brutaller wrote:

Ok Stop trying to incite a fight here, lest we not forget you're actually using an ILLEGAL version of minecraft.
This was put to a popular vote and Skins won, EM right now is paying this server out of pocket as of this week and is trying to make as many people happy as possible in hopes we might get some donations.

Don't insult and be rude to players who actually bought the games or this'll just turn into yet another thread that's a flamewar between A & B.

i wasnt trying to make a fight.... and apart from someone here, I'm actually trying to solve this thing.... And by the way I've been on the server alot (i mean when i was able to connect) and i've never sdeen more than 3 people at once connected... my question is: will the people who participated in the goddamn voting actually go and play on the server?! by the way i know the answer...
Brutaller
Participator

Postby AngelofHell64 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:38 am

I suggest we quite the bickering while we are ahead, trying or not Brutaller you are indeed beginning to start one. And 'solve' wouldn't really be the correct word to use, it's more like trying to find a way to stay on the server with illegal usage of Minecraft. The vote has already spoken, and indeed not many people are on at a time, but they are usually never the same people every time, so most likely everyone who did vote actually does play on the server, you may think you know the answer, but you might also only be saying that to try and seem like no matter what you are correct, which has not been proven, since you are the only one complaining about not getting to stay on a server you like, illegally.
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby Brutaller » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:44 am

AngelofHell64 wrote:I suggest we quite the bickering while we are ahead, trying or not Brutaller you are indeed beginning to start one. And 'solve' wouldn't really be the correct word to use, it's more like trying to find a way to stay on the server with illegal usage of Minecraft. The vote has already spoken, and indeed not many people are on at a time, but they are usually never the same people every time, so most likely everyone who did vote actually does play on the server, you may think you know the answer, but you might also only be saying that to try and seem like no matter what you are correct, which has not been proven, since you are the only one complaining about not getting to stay on a server you like, illegally.

well i bought premium minecraft a few years back to be honest.... when it was still within my price range and someone stole it from me but that doesn't matter. What does matter is, there's hundreds of as you like to call it "illegal" servers for minecraft, be it creative ones, survival ones, modded ones and so on. I just see no point in particularly this server going online mode=true... Look at it objectively, will you?

online mode=true: Only premium accounts can play, no need to press ~16 buttons on joining server, 40% of players can just fuck off...
online mode=false: Everyone can join and enjoy, there is a way to preserve skins, players have to press ~16 buttons on joining server...

And another thing... How many games on Eka require you to purchase the official version of anything? Because apart from shrunkCraft as it is now, I'm yet to discover one.
Not for those ~20 people's selfish desires and total ignorance of others, ShrunkCraft could be accessible to anyone just now....
Brutaller
Participator

Postby CutenessOverlord » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:05 am

Well, you're right and wrong at the same time.

First, I want to say this is only what I personally think about that. And my preference is for online-mode = false (As long as I can use a mod to show/see skins) because... Well, I like when a ton of players can play with me.

online-mode = true:
+ More security for the server. No need to install plugins that eats the processor and the RAM, too.
+ Players can use their skin without the need to install mods. It's also easier to join the server.
+ The game is overall more user-friendly. No need to /register. No need to install mods to see the skins of other players. Less cheaters. (Only idiots would use their true Minecraft account with cheating clients.)
- We're ignoring some peoples. But 40% is maybe a little too exaggerated, don't you think?

online-mode = false:
+ Everyone can play.
- Requires mods that are not supported by 1.7.9 to use skins. We'll need to upgrade the server to 1.7.10, if we want to use something like that. (I don't think we can host skins directly on the server. It's possible, but only with special clients that allows plugins to interact with/send datas to the clients. That's why we need a mod.)
- Less security: Cheaters would be able to act like they want. (<= Even if plugins are able to protect servers from some cheats, there's no way to fully protect a server.)

Even if I would like to be able to play with a maximum of people, I still think online-mode = true is better for the server.
Kyah! ♫
I'm just a genderless micro halfling! Half-Human, Half-Gryphon! ♥
(And my size is somewhere between 0.05mm and 1cm, depending on your imagination.)
CutenessOverlord
Been posting for a bit

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:40 am

Also. You say if we want donors. Set online to false. But if people won't she'll out to get a game they play regularly. Do we really have a chance they'll donate to our server?
NekoYuki
???

Postby eatme1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:42 am

Brutaller wrote:And another thing... How many games on Eka require you to purchase the official version of anything? Because apart from shrunkCraft as it is now, I'm yet to discover one.
Not for those ~20 people's selfish desires and total ignorance of others, ShrunkCraft could be accessible to anyone just now....

I have to somewhat agree with Brutaller here. This doesn't mean I fully support his ways of trying to start a fight, but the only difference I see with online mode is that skins will show.

+ More security for the server. No need to install plugins that eats the processor and the RAM, too.
+ Players can use their skin without the need to install mods. It's also easier to join the server.
+ The game is overall more user-friendly. No need to /register. No need to install mods to see the skins of other players. Less cheaters. (Only idiots would use their true Minecraft account with cheating clients.)

1)Its technically more security as long as a user doesn't login using an admin account. I all admins should have a good enough password. Also a plugin such as AuthMe doesn't use up much RAM. After all it only runs when the user doesn't login.
2) I honestly don't see what's the big deal with skins. Sure miko your skins nice, but is it really worth losing potential players (and donators, if any). Shrunkcraft has a small player crowd, only gts lovers know about it. By making the server true, this limits it to only gts lovers who have an mc account...
3) Again a simple thing such as /register isn't that hard todo.

- Requires mods that are not supported by 1.7.9 to use skins. We'll need to upgrade the server to 1.7.10, if we want to use something like that. (I don't think we can host skins directly on the server. It's possible, but only with special clients that allows plugins to interact with/send datas to the clients. That's why we need a mod.)

The only plugin I kno of that allows custom skins like that is spoutcraft (or is it spigot?) Of course if I were to get that a majority of plugins wouldn't be working (we have bukkit), and its a bit more ram usage on the server.

online mode=true: Only premium accounts can play, no need to press ~16 buttons on joining server, 40% of players can just fuck off...

That's what you really think Brutaller? Thats like me being on the titanic and stealing a lifeboat to my self and saying "screw the others!" You're saying screw 40% of the people just so you (which is probably the 1%) can get on. Besides, I don't see anyone else complaining about the online-mode being set to true. Sure I used to have a minecraft cracked client at one time, but a very good friend of mines bought me it.

Also. You say if we want donors. Set online to false. But if people won't she'll out to get a game they play regularly. Do we really have a chance they'll donate to our server?

So far we've gotten no donations. I'm currently making donator rewards. They won't be getting good/op stuff or creative tho, they will get getting purely cosmetic stuff stuff as simple as player particle trails and pets that don't fight. Of course the rewards will be within limits of the mojang server eula. Estimated prices will be $3 for VIP and $6 for MVP. Of course you can donate anything above, below and in-between those two numbers. Donor perks will only last for a month. When you donate, please pm me with your mc username and the amount of money you donated, so I can put you in the right perm group

tl;dr Brutaller stop trying to make this a flame pit. but now I am slightly reconsidering setting online-mode back to false...
eatme1234
Participator

Postby Brutaller » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:32 am

eatme1234 wrote:That's what you really think Brutaller? Thats like me being on the titanic and stealing a lifeboat to my self and saying "screw the others!" You're saying screw 40% of the people just so you (which is probably the 1%) can get on. Besides, I don't see anyone else complaining about the online-mode being set to true. Sure I used to have a minecraft cracked client at one time, but a very good friend of mines bought me it.

I am aware of your mind standing and this wasn't aimed at you. Sorry. I was trying to make the online mode=true fanatics aware of the fact, that it's nonsense to just decline a portion of players. Also the poll wasn't so straightforward either. When i was putting my vote in it, online mode=true was winning by only 4 votes. Also why do you think I'm the only one to fight for the freedom of pirated versions? The other ones left after reading that they won't be able to connect on the server from now on... And all what's left are memories of the two good days spent on ShrunkCraft...

Spoiler: show
By the way i got premium Minecraft just before it went full version for my birthday on year 2010. Told ya someone stole it :cry:
Brutaller
Participator

Postby eatme1234 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:46 pm

Did you just try to bribe me to get online-mode on? I could have just sworn you just posted a message saying something along the lines of "That's too bad, now I'm gonna have to buy premium minecraft, and I won't be able to donate to the server..." guess you edited it out, a wise choice. I am doing what the people want, that's why I made a poll in the first place, I'm not doing this just for donations, after all all the money is going straight back to the server.

Anyways, setting the server to online-mode is on my possibility list, along with various other features that have been suggested, such as same-sized vore scenarios, Male Giants, and anthro characters. If there was a way to allow certain cracked clients by username to join even with online-mode being true, I would do that. But I don't think one exists
eatme1234
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:07 pm

I guess the easiest way to "have a vote" may be to have a box placed in survival at the spawn. With a hopper. And give people a book and quite to write online/offline down. Then only people who play vote.
NekoYuki
???

Postby RyderDark » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:16 am

I canno't enter rhe server it says Invalid session
RyderDark
New to the forum

Postby NekoYuki » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:13 am

RyderDark wrote:I canno't enter rhe server it says Invalid session

1: are you using paid for or pirated minecraft?

2: when did you last log in?
NekoYuki
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game