[RPG Maker] DunRun [NO LONGER UPDATED]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [RPG Maker] DunRun

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:57 am

Rayen wrote:I would like to say that I am aware that it is possible for you to vote multiple times. I also am able to see timestamps of when you voted. If I see a lot of votes for a specific enemy all around the same time, some votes WILL be removed.

Ahh, I was wondering about that. Well, aside from the voting multiple times, I think it's cool that you can't see how many votes a choice has. I always felt like my choice was affected by looking at what had more votes. Now it's just vote which one you want.

Rayen wrote:Wasted all day today playing Hyrule Warriors

I can assure you that you have not wasted your day playing that game, my good friend. Just out of curiosity, who's been your favorite character to play as so far?
Spoiler: show
I haven't played as all of them yet (still missing the last 4 adventure unlockable characters, and haven't even played as Zelda, Darunia, Midna, or Fi. Don't know why I haven't, to be honest. ), but even though Ganondorf and Link are the most powerful, and I loved playing as everyone I tried, I think I would say Impa's my favorite at the moment. I love her special attack and I love the fact that she's carrying and swinging that huge sword around like it's nothing. Also, I love the OoT reference from that sword. Anyone remember that long ass fetch quest for the Biggoron's sword? ...I've been saying "love" a lot in this rant...
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:27 am

Update of the day:

Added some clothes/armor to the centaur. Now she looks less boring. Also started working on the commission characters some.

VirtuosoViking wrote:
Rayen wrote:Wasted all day today playing Hyrule Warriors

I can assure you that you have not wasted your day playing that game, my good friend. Just out of curiosity, who's been your favorite character to play as so far?

I actually just finished unlocking the last few characters about an hour ago. Still need to get Link and Lana's last weapon types though.
As far as Link goes, Gauntlets and Sword/Shield are the best in the game in my opinion. They wipe out entire fortresses very quickly. Ganondorf is also pretty good at that and he just feels powerful.
Impa is fun, though I don't really like the Nagitana as much as the Sword.
Lana is kinda meh. Her Spear is pretty good though.
Shiek is alright, though I don't play as her much.
Zelda is also pretty good at wiping out groups, and is my roommate's favorite. Her Baton weapon is also interesting.
Haven't actually played much as the other's to make a real opinion. (Haven't gotten to play Zant at all.) Though I can safely say Ghirahim is the absolute WORST character. His attacks are stupidly slow, and he always does some stupid pose after each one, which leaves him open. Also, I just think he's super creepy. .__.;

So yeah, Gauntlet Link is probably my favorite, even if I'm a little better with Sword/Shield.

I'm super disappointed that Cia is not playable. I actually liked her quite a lot. .__.
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:44 am

Okay, this will hopefully be the last off-topic thing I type.
I just read that Nintendo is releasing a dlc soon that will let you play as Cia, Volga, and Wizzro. Cia and VoIga look awesome to play as, but I don't see myself playing as Wizzro, actually. He doesn't really seem appealing. Course, if he plays better than what I saw from him in the story, I'll give him a chance.

ON topic, hooray for armor! Armor is awesome.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 am

Progress of the Day:

Worked on commission characters mostly.

Here's some WIP samples that are very subject to change:

Satyia
Commissioned by Schpadoinkle

Airyal
Commissioned by warbrand4

(Currently working on Svartvinge's commission, so I'll probably have a sample of it up tomorrow)
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:14 am

Airyal looks nice, though the jewel between the eyes on her mask probably needs to be a different color. ((just looks strange)). yeah Sorry I should have given some different info on that part. As stated the image I use as reference is temp. Though your work looks really good, maybe the jewel would look better as some other color.((what ever you think would look good))
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 am

Sati looks adorable~. Great job.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AngelofHell64 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm

Looking back on it, it was probably me who made said pun, although at the time I was pretty tired and not thinking straight, and I didn't even mean for it to be a pun, just found my response a little stupid and humorous, so I do sincerely apologize
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby Rayen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:40 am

Update of the day:

-Reworked the HUD again. Now it's across the top of the screen and has some (terrible) GUI graphics.
-Massively overhauled the status effect system. This allows me to do more interesting stuff with status effects. The only one in the game at the moment is the one where the slime goes inside you and slows you down. Now it will actually damage you over time (more damage the longer you have it) and can lead to you becoming a puddle. It also adds some new possibilities with upcoming enemies.
-Redesigned the Level Select area. Just tried to make it easier to get an idea of which paths lead to which areas.
-Worked more on the deertaur commission. It's more difficult than I anticipated.

AngelofHell64 wrote:Looking back on it, it was probably me who made said pun, although at the time I was pretty tired and not thinking straight, and I didn't even mean for it to be a pun, just found my response a little stupid and humorous, so I do sincerely apologize

No worries. You just almost made a pun. So long as you stay in the realm of "almost", we're fine. :V

Also, I'd like to officially (and secretly) confirm Pred Mode. I've already started working on the various systems required for it.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreNut » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:42 am

This is a good game so far, but i'm slightly disappointed at the lack of sound effects for the harpy. Keep up the good work and have fun doing it.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 am

Ok, sense you mentioned the slime unbirth doing damage now, For some reason I get the feeling that that game over should have the character being turned into a slime girl instead of a puddle.

Also really wish you would allow some things to be connected between dungeons and the hub. like lets say finding an item in one dungeon which isn't active for that round but can be used latter in another dungeon. ((I have a few ideas for things like that, you already know one of them))

With that I really wish there was a way to have the character start a map with out cloths, sort of a hard mode which can be activated for any map.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:26 am

warbrand4 wrote:With that I really wish there was a way to have the character start a map with out cloths, sort of a hard mode which can be activated for any map.

Ive had that same idea o_o
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Souliguide » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:44 pm

Rayen, you did pretty good job at this game :)
I wish i could help you somehow, tho I am pretty busy for next month :X
So hang in there, and keep the shit updating lol. I will eventually show up later, and offer you some help?
peace
Souliguide
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rayen » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:57 pm

VoreNut wrote:This is a good game so far, but i'm slightly disappointed at the lack of sound effects for the harpy. Keep up the good work and have fun doing it.

Sound effects will come. I actually forgot to add it in at the time of the demo. You've probably noticed that I'm pretty bad about missing stuff like that. :V

warbrand4 wrote:Ok, sense you mentioned the slime unbirth doing damage now, For some reason I get the feeling that that game over should have the character being turned into a slime girl instead of a puddle.
Also really wish you would allow some things to be connected between dungeons and the hub. like lets say finding an item in one dungeon which isn't active for that round but can be used latter in another dungeon. ((I have a few ideas for things like that, you already know one of them))
With that I really wish there was a way to have the character start a map with out cloths, sort of a hard mode which can be activated for any map.

As for as turning into a slimegirl, that'll be more with the Slime Elemental enemy.
And I've already talked to you about the items thing. MAYBE eventually, but that is far down the road.
The start without clothes option is fairly easy to add. I might do it.

Souliguide wrote:Rayen, you did pretty good job at this game :)
I wish i could help you somehow, tho I am pretty busy for next month :X
So hang in there, and keep the shit updating lol. I will eventually show up later, and offer you some help?
peace

I'm always willing to have help whenever you're able. Just curious, what sort of help would you be offering anyway? :V
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:22 pm

I can't help it, I like things to interconnect. Also would power ups that activate in a dungeon be possible, like a one off item similar to the power up orbs in pack man.. If so I know how I would use my next commission if or when I earn it. ((I don't mean an item that turns the player to pred, but one that makes the preds ignore the player for a time))

Also I bet I could figure out an excuse for things to interconnect in some way with out any real trouble. As you stated you are going for a arcade feel well most arcade games have levels which end with a boss that is near impossible to beat after that it unlocks the next level. I have an idea which allows interconnecting with out actually interconnecting things. ((though it requires named characters)).

Also Sorry that I keep bugging you with this, I know I really need to shut up about the ideas as it is your game. Well I need to shut up about the ideas involving things being connected.
Last edited by warbrand4 on Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:53 pm

What about an item that would allow you to eat a non-boss monster?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:04 am

warbrand4 wrote:I can't help it, I like things to interconnect. Also would power ups that activate in a dungeon be possible, like a one off item similar to the power up orbs in pack man.. If so I know how I would use my next commission if or when I earn it. ((I don't mean an item that turns the player to pred, but one that makes the preds ignore the player for a time))

Also I bet I could figure out an excuse for things to interconnect in some way with out any real trouble. As you stated you are going for a arcade feel well most arcade games have levels which end with a boss that is near impossible to beat after that it unlocks the next level. I have an idea which allows interconnecting with out actually interconnecting things. ((though it requires named characters)).

Also Sorry that I keep bugging you with this, I know I really need to shut up about the ideas as it is your game. Well I need to shut up about the ideas involving things being connected.

As I said before. There MIGHT be items and stuff later on. The boss idea would require some reworking, and I sent you more about it in a PM. Also, no worries about bugging me. I'm always open to ideas, but there are some things that I need to say no to, otherwise this project will end up getting more complicated than it needs to be.

Schpadoinkle wrote:What about an item that would allow you to eat a non-boss monster?

Sorry, but no. That would require a rewrite to the entire capture system. I'm not really willing to do that right now.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:16 am

Yeah, I know how you want to keep it simple... which is one of the reasons I think I need to stop coming up with ideas... at least for now.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:23 pm

Sorry for double post but I have trap ideas

1. Worm
info: player steps on it and is instantly eaten by a worm, screen will go block and the player will be plopped on a random area with out cloths, if they have no cloths, with stamina halved. ((could use region thing to mark possible locations))

2.succubus lore
info: a succubus trying to draw hte player in with her legs spreed, if the player moves to the succubus she unbirths the character and cums out their liquid remains. ((game over trap))
Rare event: rarely the succubus will let the player go and heal there stamina.

3. fishy
info: like the worm only for water tiles.

4. spider webs
info: player has a 10% chance of tripping on the webs when they walk over them, if taht happens they will be covered in the webs and slowed.

5. slime pool
info: a slime which has dissolved its self, walking over it triggers the slime devour move.

6. trap door
info: a trap door which when activated will drop the player into a random part of the map, stamina damaged even if clothed.

7. honey trap
info: a pool of honey that if the player walks into, will slow them.

8. moths
info: a small group of fluttering moths, if the player walks into them they will quickly devour the players cloths.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:42 pm

Update of the Day:

-Did some work.
-Did a lot more smashing.

warbrand4 wrote:Sorry for double post but I have trap ideas

[Several Ideas]

You could have always sent it in a PM instead of double posting. :V

Oh well.

Worm is good. Might have to mess with it some.
Succubus Lure probably won't happen. They're already an enemy and turning them into an instant KO trap is a bad idea. (Sometimes traps might block one-tile wide paths that you must take)
Fish is good.
Spider Webs are actually already done. They slow the player down while walking through them.
Slime Pool is good, though I'll probably end up making a different animation for it.
Trap Door is fine and easy enough to add. I'll probably throw it in at some point.
Honey Trap should be called Honeypot because reasons. It would work just like Spider Webs, though maybe a bigger slowdown, but smaller area.
Moths are jerks. I'll probably add it at some point. :V

For future reference, I will shoot down anything that is instant KO. They usually just are cheap difficulty and end up being annoying. I actually aim to make this game more about getting the highest score rather than struggling to complete the levels.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Ah, ok. Will PM ideas form now on, unless they are minor ones or on current topic. ((aka incoming IDEA dump.))
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game