[RPG Maker] DunRun [NO LONGER UPDATED]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: [RPG Maker] DunRun

Postby Sergit » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:55 am

Wow, that sounds very nice! Being able to choose what role do you want to have in the game doubles the fun, I think.

I will definitely play as a slime when the option to do so is released! : )
Sergit
Somewhat familiar

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:34 am

Guessing my commission is the one giving trouble?
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:12 am

Sergit wrote:Wow, that sounds very nice! Being able to choose what role do you want to have in the game doubles the fun, I think.

I will definitely play as a slime when the option to do so is released! : )

Slime(girl) will probably be one of the first ones. Because slimegirls are best. I figure Lamia, Harpy, and Slimegirl will be the first three to go in. Lamia and Harpy first because I already have some animations for them.
warbrand4 wrote:Guessing my commission is the one giving trouble?

Actually no. Airyal is fairly easy. Biggest issues I've had is just making the animations look different from the standard Harpy. :V
Nah, the animation that was giving me trouble was one that was just something I've never really done before. And it's done now, so no worries.

In other news, did a little work today, but mostly took a break because retail is exhausting. It was senior day today. All the not-fun old people showed up. And all the fun old people didn't show up to avoid the not-fun old people. ;__;

Also, while playing games, I got an idea. Not really something I can work on right now, but maybe something for the future. I need to flesh it out some more anyway. :V

EDIT:
Minor update:
-Leafy's Devour A attack is finished.
-Satiya's Cock Vore attack is finished.
-All new animations/enemies have been put in-game and mostly work.
-I guess I lied about the whole "Commissions won't slow me down" thing.

I also have set up this: DunRun Enemy Information Sheet
It contains more detailed information on all planned enemies and also a nice format that you can submit enemy ideas with to make things easier for me. Also, a more complete enemy list.

Feel free to throw comments on it as well. I'll read them. :V
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:51 am

looks like you have a lot to do, and a lot that is done.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:28 am

Update of the Day:

-Finished Centaur Anal Vore animation
-Finished Airyal Dark Clothes animation

I've also decided to cut out the Centaur unbirth for now. Why? Cause I'm not sure how to make it not look exactly like the Anal Vore one. I'll come back to it sometime.

What is left until next version:
-Satiya Breast Vore and Devour animations
-Leafy Devour B animation
-Airyal Devour and Unbirth animations
-Unclothed versions of various animations
-As many finisher animations as I can get done
-Fixing everything I broke while reworking systems

Since the Centaur is mostly done, the next version will release next Monday (Nov 3) with whatever I have finished by that time. I will most likely have all three commission characters finished, though I'm not sure how many finisher animations I'll be able to get done.

Things might move a little faster now that I'm mostly done reworking the game's systems. Oh, and the Preferences system will not be in the upcoming version. It actually probably won't be in for a while. I decided to make it a bit less generalized and make it so that you can disable specific enemies and attacks instead of just disabling "male", "anal vore", etc. It's nothing super complicated to make, it'll just take some time, so I'll slowly work on it between updates.

I really am sorry I'm working so slow. I've been lazy lately, and I'll admit it. It's frustrating when you want to work on a project but all these great games that you've wanted keep coming out. ;__;
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 am

I LOVE the slime invade, seeing my character with such a sexy little belly is so lovely, if your including pred modes, one where your still the human girl would be nice, so that I could unbirth and eat EVERYTHING! hahahaha!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Turbotowns
???

Postby Rayen » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:47 pm

Update:

-ANIMATIONS ANIMATIONS ANIMATIONS
-I'm gonna go nuts from looking at pixels so long.

Here's one of the animations I finished today, just cause I haven't posted one in a while.

Turbotowns wrote:I LOVE the slime invade, seeing my character with such a sexy little belly is so lovely, if your including pred modes, one where your still the human girl would be nice, so that I could unbirth and eat EVERYTHING! hahahaha!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Will probably be one eventually where you play as the normal Player character. And the "prey" would likely be all the enemies from other stages. Kinda a "revenge" sort of thing. :V
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:31 am

Hooray for stuff!!
Oh, Rayen? I got a question. While reading your Google doc about the game, I saw a status effect called "Dark Clothes", and you mentioned it in your post before the one before mine (confusing). I just wanted to know what kind of status is that? The doc says the status restores Cloth to the max, but I think I'm getting lost when it's describing the player's stats. I feel like it's blatantly obvious and staring me in the face and I have a feeling I'm gonna feel like an idiot when it makes sense to me, but I'm really confuzzled right now.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:09 am

VirtuosoViking wrote:Hooray for stuff!!
Oh, Rayen? I got a question. While reading your Google doc about the game, I saw a status effect called "Dark Clothes", and you mentioned it in your post before the one before mine (confusing). I just wanted to know what kind of status is that? The doc says the status restores Cloth to the max, but I think I'm getting lost when it's describing the player's stats. I feel like it's blatantly obvious and staring me in the face and I have a feeling I'm gonna feel like an idiot when it makes sense to me, but I'm really confuzzled right now.

It's a status effect that can be applied by one of the commissioned characters, Airyal. Basically, she turns into a set of "Dark Clothes", which makes the player run faster and restores her Cloth, but drains her Stamina at a fairly quick rate. Run out of Stamina and Airyal basically absorbs the character. Yeah, it's super specific, but wasn't too hard to add, so I didn't mind.

The information sheet wasn't entirely made with the intention of other people being able to read it super easily. I just thought I'd post it up for those who were curious. :V

EDIT:

Progress Update:

-Leafy is completely done.
-She is the first of the "Special" enemies that will appear on maps. Only one special enemy will appear on a map, and they don't respawn. It's semi-random which one will appear where, though they do have limitations. For example, Leafy will only appear in forests and other "natural" levels.They're worth a lot of points, but you better make sure you have enough Stamina. They have a pretty good grip and can be quite damaging. For future reference, most commissioned enemies will be special enemies, unless the commissioner says otherwise.
-Beat my head against an issue where the Slime enemy was failing to capture the player and then was able to fly through walls. Turns out that I forgot how to variable at some point. Remember kids, sleep deprivation is a bad thing!
-Blah blah, more animations, added sound effects to the Harpy's attacks, etc, etc.

EDIT 2: EDIT HARDER

I guess since Leafy is done, I have a commission slot open.

EDIT 3: HOW MANY EDITS CAN I MANAGE BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE POSTS? :V

Have an unfinished animation of a slightly reluctant pred.

Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Nice animation.
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby scottypilgrim » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:41 pm

I'd love to comission a slot for one of the girls I made to rp with ^^. I much prefer micro macro though :3. Is it possible to have her shrink the main character for her attacks or something similar? If so I'll definitely take that slot <3
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:I'd love to comission a slot for one of the girls I made to rp with ^^. I much prefer micro macro though :3. Is it possible to have her shrink the main character for her attacks or something similar? If so I'll definitely take that slot <3

Micro/macro is fine by me. I was planning for some shrinking stuff at some point anyway. Send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Also, the Monday demo might be a bit delayed. Been fighting a toothache since yesterday and don't really have much urge to work because of it.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby VoreNut » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Rayen wrote:
scottypilgrim wrote:I'd love to comission a slot for one of the girls I made to rp with ^^. I much prefer micro macro though :3. Is it possible to have her shrink the main character for her attacks or something similar? If so I'll definitely take that slot <3

Micro/macro is fine by me. I was planning for some shrinking stuff at some point anyway. Send me a PM and we'll work something out.

Also, the Monday demo might be a bit delayed. Been fighting a toothache since yesterday and don't really have much urge to work because of it.

Hmmm, one thing that could be a micro/macro thing is a great fairy, making her a rare encounter on levels that have regular fairies. She could easily shrink you with her magic, leading to various vore situations, like oral, breast, and unbirth, to name a few. As for another possible giantess scenario, perhaps a mousegirl. She could be a friendly character, who will give you plenty of points simply for catching her, but will slow you slightly, as she will take shelter from the enemies that are also hunting you by hiding in the main character's pussy. She could be an uncommon encounter, and will run away if she sees you, mistaking you for a hungry predator.
VoreNut
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:11 pm

Update of the Day:

-Satiya is mostly finished. Just needs two finishers.
-Airyal Unbirth animation finished. Just one more animation and then finishers.

New version will come... probably tomorrow at best. Why? Well, there was the toothache that took me out of commission for 2 days. That's the main reason. Also, I decided to rename all the graphics files for the project in order to make organizing them a lot easier, so I'm having to go through and redo all the animations. Though that will just take about an hour or two, so that's not a big deal.

Also, I'm going to go ahead and open up 2 more commission slots since I'll likely finish Satiya and Airyal tonight. I do have a rule where people who have just commissioned something will have to wait a week before they can commission again. So Shpadoinkle, Svartvinge, and warbrand4 cannot commission anything until next Monday. I do this so that we don't end up with a lot of creatures coming from one person. If you're interested in commissions, then just send me a PM. Remember that I'm willing to take pretty much anything in return including (but not limited to) money, games, art trades, and harpies.

VoreNut wrote:Hmmm, one thing that could be a micro/macro thing is a great fairy, making her a rare encounter on levels that have regular fairies. She could easily shrink you with her magic, leading to various vore situations, like oral, breast, and unbirth, to name a few. As for another possible giantess scenario, perhaps a mousegirl. She could be a friendly character, who will give you plenty of points simply for catching her, but will slow you slightly, as she will take shelter from the enemies that are also hunting you by hiding in the main character's pussy. She could be an uncommon encounter, and will run away if she sees you, mistaking you for a hungry predator.

Fairy Queen is a great idea for a Special enemy. And mousegirls (...micegirl? Micegirls..? Plurals are hard) sound good as well.

EDIT:
Okay, got more animations done. I have 2 more animations that I have to finish and they're both fairly simple finisher animations. Might finish them tonight, but definitely tomorrow. After that, it's just a matter of putting it in the game, doing a little testing to make sure everything vaguely works and then the new version will be up. Will likely be up a couple hours after I get home from work tomorrow night.

After this version comes out, I might take a short break from normal updates to catch up on the finisher animations. (After all, I do have 9 that I need to do) If I decide to do that, then I will basically just spend a week doing finishers and release a minor updated version with as many as I get finished.

EDIT 2:
Eeeeerrrghhhhhh....

Tomorrow. The game is throwing weird errors at me. Not sure what's causing it.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Rayen » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:15 am

Double post for the update I should have done like 2 weeks ago. :V

Version: 0.4.0 "Centaur"
ZIP: https://mega.co.nz/#!BUV2DC6Z!eZeVBq0Q3 ... nTj4ziqsho
EXE: https://mega.co.nz/#!kdsXSACD!2XVKU5rci ... w6T0KZa03Q

For now, the game does require the RPG Maker VX Ace RTP. Blame Enterbrain and their terrible decisions regarding the RTP.
Download the RTP here. (Link is at the bottom of the page.)

V.0.4.0 "Centaur" Release Notes:
- Added Centaur. Pretty basic enemy with 2 attacks.
- Added Satiya. A Special Enemy. A cute herm lamia. 3 attacks.
- Added Leafy. A Special Enemy. A bouncy deertaur druid girl. 2 attacks.
- Added Airyal. A Special Enemy. A dark harpy. 3 attacks.
- Added finishers for Slime Absorb, Harpy Devour, Satiya Devour, and all of Leafy's attacks.
- New Level Select.
- New HUD.
- Special Enemies. They do a TON of damage and are very hard to escape. But, they're worth a cool 1000 points. Risk vs Reward.
- A lot of reworked systems.
- Temporarily removed Tentacle trap. (So that I can add it back later when it's actually done.)
- Made everything quite a bit harder. Instead of doing no Stamina damage while clothed, attacks do half of their normal Stamina damage while clothed.
- Probably some other stuff. I'm bad at release notes.

Really looking for feedback on difficulty this time. I think I might have made it too hard.

Also, as a note, the Slime's Invade and Airyal's Dark Cloth attacks both cause status effects that drain your Stamina. They will eventually be able to KO you, but since I don't have finishers for them just yet, I just let them bring you down to 1 Stamina.

As usual, tell me when you guys find bugs, crashes, bees, etc. I'm sure I broke a lot of stuff.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby panolito » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:44 am

Aparently you uploaded the file with a lot of missing stuff, everitime i try to load game or when i get caught by a slime a message of missing file appears.(not the same file for everithing)
panolito
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheAllSeeingEye » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 am

Alright.... so I found a glitch....
If you get invaded by a slime & find the exit, you still have the slime inside you.
& if you lose w/ said slime inside you, you walk slow like you still have that slime inside

Also, I miss the running in the dungeons T_T

*EDIT: where are the other 2 special enemies? O.o
I can only find Airyal, but not Satiya or Leafy....
EXPLORE ALL THE BELLIES!!!
TheAllSeeingEye
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:29 am

The .zip files is missing files as panolito said, the .exe file seems to work fine.

When you escape an enemy sometimes all enemies around you seem to be reset, meaning suddenly all enemies around you disappear or are replaced by new ones.

The health bars are WAY too big. If you're running upwards you're practically blind.
Last edited by Someone92 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby panolito » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:31 am

Someone92 wrote:The .zip files is missing files as panolito said, the .exe file seems to work fine.

Well i guess that solves my problem thx.
panolito
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tastyboi » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:44 am

I think when you made things harder, you may have gone a bit too far with it. Having the slime invade slow you down, deal continuous damage and not wear off is a bit much, especially since you can no longer outrun enemies at that speed, so unless you're already right in front of the exit, it's basically a drawn out loss if this happens. I would suggest keeping the slowing and damage effects, but have it wear off after a certain number of steps, or allow struggling to end it and give bonus points if you finish with it still in effect, sort of like the risk/reward idea with the special enemies.

Another thing, since you can no longer run, (which I'm not sure was purposeful, since the game is called DUN[geon] RUN[ner] after all,) if you're in a level comprised mainly of one, or two square pathways (ie. the sewers) its almost impossible to sneak by an enemy without being caught as there's about a 50% chance of them moving onto that tile as you try to walk by if they don't see you, and if they do see you and start chasing you, then it is impossible. I understand that being part of the challenge, but it seems almost too much when you can only move as fast as they do. On the topic of no longer being able to run, the enemies' persistence in chasing you has become notably more annoying. With the land dwelling ones, you can still sort of out maneuver them by going around corners and obstacles and get away from them, but since none of those affect the harpy, they will sometimes chase after you over the entire length of the stage in some levels. Since it seems like you need to get a certain distance away from them before enemies will give up on chasing you, being unable to go faster than harpies, or outmaneuver them as they can just fly over walls and obstacles, makes it impossible to lose them except for the occasional time they will turn a random direction and widen the gap between you. Again, I can see this being part of the challenge, but when you have 3-5 harpies chasing you, which isn't uncommon in the forest stage, it becomes frustrating when one catches you, then the others take their turns when you break free of the previous one, not to mention the several lamias and centaurs also populating that stage. Basically what I'm asking in this rambling rant is to please bring the running back :-D

Also, I'm not sure if this was a glitch or if there is some spawn system in place whenever you struggle free, but there have been times where I break free, only to be instantly caught again by another enemy that suddenly appeared on that very tile. I've had it happen 4+ times in a row, 2-3 slimes, a lamia, then another slime, before I was able to take a step again, and even then there was a lamia that had spawned a couple squares behind me and immediately began chasing me. This took place in the sewers btw, if it was a glitch and not just a horribly unlucky spawning coincidence. Also I've encountered the slime invade glitch mentioned above. It's not a game breaker, but it is kind of annoying to have to exit the game at least to title in order to get rid of the effect.

Of course, I'm not suggesting that you get rid of all the things you added in to make things harder, I'm just saying maybe the difficulty could be toned down a tad here and there, at least for the easy and medium stages.

On an unrelated note, I've been having a very difficult time finding some of the special enemies. I can always find Airyal easily enough for some reason, but I've been hunting for the other two since I'm curious to see the finisher animations for them. Satiya I can sometimes find in the sewers, but then she/he (not sure what the correct pronoun is for herms) always does Breast Vore when I'm looking for Devour for the finisher, and there only seems to be the one per stage. Leafy I haven't been able to find at all, and I think it might be because any stage with the centaurs also has both the lamias and harpies as well, making it like looking for a needle in a haystack mixed in with two other haystacks. Now this being said, my frustrations with the difficulty that I mentioned above mainly comes from me looking for specific preds to use specific moves, and its always the wrong ones that get me in the end. So since its not relating so much with actually looking for the exit like you're supposed to do, I'm not exactly sure how much my comments are worth in the end ^^;

Anyway, overall its a awesome update! You brought in a lot of new content with this one and all the animations are looking great. I look forward to seeing how things progress :gulp:
Tastyboi
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game