Skyrim Vore Mod (Male Ver.)?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Skyrim Vore Mod (Male Ver.)?

Postby Demonskunk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:53 pm

I heard from a friend of mine that the Devourment mod (I think that's what it's called) was discontinued by the creator, then picked up by someone else, who decided to make it compatible with males, and non-giantesses.

I heard that then the creator came back and bitched him into submission and forced him to remove all of the male stuff because M/m or M/f vore fans are horrible filth that deserve to never enjoy a single game, and somehow forced him to pull it down.

does anyone know if the male version has turned up anywhere else? Personally I have no interest in all this cat-walk, female slut bullshit that seems to be 100% focused on in skyrim modding, and I'd really love this mod to be available. (I'd also love some femboy body mods, that'd be pretty rad too, but you can't always have what you wish for, I guess.)

Thanks to anyone who has any information on this.
Demonskunk
New to the forum

Re: Skyrim Vore Mod (Male Ver.)?

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:02 pm

Demonskunk wrote:I heard from a friend of mine that the Devourment mod (I think that's what it's called) was discontinued by the creator, then picked up by someone else, who decided to make it compatible with males, and non-giantesses.

I heard that then the creator came back and bitched him into submission and forced him to remove all of the male stuff because M/m or M/f vore fans are horrible filth that deserve to never enjoy a single game, and somehow forced him to pull it down.

does anyone know if the male version has turned up anywhere else? Personally I have no interest in all this cat-walk, female slut bullshit that seems to be 100% focused on in skyrim modding, and I'd really love this mod to be available. (I'd also love some femboy body mods, that'd be pretty rad too, but you can't always have what you wish for, I guess.)

Thanks to anyone who has any information on this.

Read the threads and do not ask this again.

EDIT: Actually let me expand a little. This has been asked before, it has been answered before.

Your friend has not filled you in correctly (or entirely truthfully). The existing threads cover the whole story if you take the time to look.

If you also read the resource thread, there is no particular bar on what you do with the mod on your own time. I can easily add/make it compatible with male preds, however I choose not to because a: not worth the effort and b: it would be against the wishes of the mod owner and creator and I have at least a little more respect for HIS wishes than the people who took the mod over from him during the period when he set it aside.

You can use any body mods you please.

Asking for a male compatible version of the mod, and making remarks like the ones you did, mark your post for a lock, deletion and potentially a ban, as the owner of this site has made HER feelings on the matter quite clear.

TL:DR - Read the threads for yourself before bitching about it as if you are actually entitled to anything.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Demonskunk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:32 pm

I didn't claim any entitlement to anything, it was explained to me the way it was explained to me.

and saying I can "easily add/make it compatible with male preds" is implying that writing mods for skyrim is just a matter of waving my hand over the code and telling it to obey me.

I heard someone had modified it, I wasn't implying that you should go out of your way to modify it because I asked. I was asking if anyone had the *already existing* mod file, or knew if it was up anywhere, and was using a joking tone when I said the "M/m M/f vore fans" being filth thing, because of the prevalence of F/x vore, not outwardly being cruel. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to be offended.
Demonskunk
New to the forum

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 pm

Demonskunk wrote:I didn't claim any entitlement to anything, it was explained to me the way it was explained to me.

and saying I can "easily add/make it compatible with male preds" is implying that writing mods for skyrim is just a matter of waving my hand over the code and telling it to obey me.

I heard someone had modified it, I wasn't implying that you should go out of your way to modify it because I asked. I was asking if anyone had the *already existing* mod file, or knew if it was up anywhere, and was using a joking tone when I said the "M/m M/f vore fans" being filth thing, because of the prevalence of F/x vore, not outwardly being cruel. Maybe you shouldn't be so quick to be offended.

Maybe if you read the relevent threads you would already HAVE an answer.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Demonskunk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Maybe I don't have time to read through a billion threads to find an answer, and one person could spend 5 minutes to answer a question instead of me spending hours sifting through forum after forum after forum looking for a tiny scrap of information.

Maybe you didn't have to take time out of your busy day to respond to me, and then yell at me for being entitled.
Demonskunk
New to the forum

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:46 pm

There are two relevent threads. One of them, and arguably the exact one you need is right in my sig.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Evilpancake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:53 pm

https://mega.co.nz/#!5M4DmZ4D!fIIM-xEly ... iTxhUjvYZo

found in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=35868

it took me approx 37 seconds

i would take a look through the thread, maybe contact some of the people in it, they might have updated it, who knows. Thread has been locked for months
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pyrod » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 pm

I thought they were told to stop once the original maker got back working on it.
Pyrod
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 pm

The question the community was faced with pretty much was, have a laughably incomplete mod that will never be completed due to lack of available talent but did support male preds* Or a mod that will at least in theory eventually be completed and doesn't support male preds. The community chose the latter and I find it hard to blame them.

Also you grossly mischaracterized Vegan's position on the matter. He stated that the very thought of male preds made him ill. I for one do not think contributors to the community should be asked to make things they're strongly opposed to for free.

That being said. Nothing is stopping someone making their own more inclusive vore in skyrim mod except a belief that complaining that vegan won't make it will achieve more than taking the time and learning to make it themselves.

*it's my understanding that apart from enabling male preds the devourment necromancy project didn't achieve anything whatsoever.
darkevilme
---

Postby Sarethas » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:28 pm

I'll make the long story short. Vegan started the mod. Male preds were requested, at which point Vegan elaborated that s/he would in no way include them for, I would guess, personal reasons. Vegan got the mod half complete, lost the spark for it, and set it aside. Some adventurous souls took over, decompiled part of the code, and started working on their own. This prompted messages to Vegan, discussions of copyright laws, various annoying arguments that should not ever happen again for the sake of our sanity if nothing else. Vegan came in, stated that the people adjusting the mod were deliberately going against their wishes, and shortly after that announcement, the thread was locked as I recall, because it degenerated into a drama-fest from there. I don't recall if it was suggested by Vegan or if someone else suggested it and Vegan accepted, but someone close to them was willing to take over, once a financial matter was settled. It was settled, the friend took over, but a few months in, they got a good job that required enough time that they wouldn't adequately be able to work on it. I'm not sure if the mod is actively being continued at this stage, as I haven't paid much attention to it after the reboot.

If I got any of this wrong, I appologize for that, but it's been several months, and as said, I stopped paying attention partway through owing to headache inducing arguments. Also, Demonskunk, the way you're phrasing everything in all three of your posts makes you sound entitled. I can't find too many other things to draw from the way you've stated things, because it simply sounds like you're upset that most of the people who take time out of their lives to create something are doing it more for their own preferences within this fetish than your own. Which is how things work. If that bothers you, learn one of the many programs out there to create a game and show the community what you're looking for. They are available, and rather easy to find. If that doesn't appeal, you can always learn to code yourself and make something from scratch. I personally just write when I feel the need, and while it is admittedly crappy writing form and not that compelling, nor as long as I'd like, it at least helps scratch an itch if I feel too lonely.
If you bring the drama, I'll bring my squeaky rubber hammer and flail you into submission.
Sarethas
Somewhat familiar

Postby Evilpancake » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:59 pm

Sarethas wrote: but a few months in, they got a good job that required enough time that they wouldn't adequately be able to work on it

actually this part is incorrect, he "tripped out on shrooms and had a life changing epiphany, thus no longer wished to work on a fetish mod", i'm paraphrasing but... ya...
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Demonskunk » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:20 pm

Sarethas wrote:I'll make the long story short. Vegan started the mod. Male preds were requested, at which point Vegan elaborated that s/he would in no way include them for, I would guess, personal reasons. Vegan got the mod half complete, lost the spark for it, and set it aside. Some adventurous souls took over, decompiled part of the code, and started working on their own. This prompted messages to Vegan, discussions of copyright laws, various annoying arguments that should not ever happen again for the sake of our sanity if nothing else. Vegan came in, stated that the people adjusting the mod were deliberately going against their wishes, and shortly after that announcement, the thread was locked as I recall, because it degenerated into a drama-fest from there. I don't recall if it was suggested by Vegan or if someone else suggested it and Vegan accepted, but someone close to them was willing to take over, once a financial matter was settled. It was settled, the friend took over, but a few months in, they got a good job that required enough time that they wouldn't adequately be able to work on it. I'm not sure if the mod is actively being continued at this stage, as I haven't paid much attention to it after the reboot.

If I got any of this wrong, I appologize for that, but it's been several months, and as said, I stopped paying attention partway through owing to headache inducing arguments. Also, Demonskunk, the way you're phrasing everything in all three of your posts makes you sound entitled. I can't find too many other things to draw from the way you've stated things, because it simply sounds like you're upset that most of the people who take time out of their lives to create something are doing it more for their own preferences within this fetish than your own. Which is how things work. If that bothers you, learn one of the many programs out there to create a game and show the community what you're looking for. They are available, and rather easy to find. If that doesn't appeal, you can always learn to code yourself and make something from scratch. I personally just write when I feel the need, and while it is admittedly crappy writing form and not that compelling, nor as long as I'd like, it at least helps scratch an itch if I feel too lonely.

I didn't mean to come off as entitled, I was merely briefly stating my opinion on the matter of vore things - most creative vore projects tend to be exclusively female preds.
I wasn't trying to imply that someone should be making a mod expressly for my enjoyment, but as I'd heard it, there was progress on a male version of the mod and it was shut down for selfish reasons, apparently I heard at least somewhat correct.

I don't dabble in game modding because I don't have the patience for coding, I'm an artist (I don't have anything up here, but I post a lot of vore stuff on FurAffinity), so I typically draw to get my stuff out.
Admittedly, the tone of the initial post was very negative because I'm a little bothered at the primarily female-focused nature of the vore community, and as previously mentioned, because the mod I was interested in was killed because the original creator, who decided to abandon it, finds male preds repulsive and decided to make a huge deal out of it.
Demonskunk
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:00 pm

You guys are pretty much talking about exactly the same thing viewtopic.php?f=79&t=38324 said. If you don't have time to read another thread, how did you get time to start a new one?
Please seriously consider just move over there and READ first before you comment. Many things here are already answered and debated repeatedly.
Eka
Administrator

Postby Tastyboi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:43 pm

I can understand where Demonskunk is coming from, it isn't entitlement, its frustration. There is very little male focused works being made, (and before anyone jumps on me and twists my words, I am NOT saying that people should go out of their way to make things just to please me, I'm just making a statement,) and the few out there that I have seen have at least one, though usually more, people making posts along the lines of "Ew that's gross, it should be a woman" or "This would be so much hotter if it were a girl" or just asking for female preds even though the thread title and the first post clearly indicate that its main focus is for it to be male. It's incredibly annoying and its seen all the time, so getting a bit pissed off when making a post is understandable. Granted, the misinformation he stated was biased, but whenever you get info from a second or third party, it's always biased, especially on the internet.

Also, for the record, getting angry at him for making a new thread to ask a question instead of searching for the information when the very first thing in Sideromelane's signature says "Just trying to prepare a collection of useful knowledge and commands for use with the Devourment Mod for Skyrim, as I am seeing a lot of requests for information that is already buried somewhere in the (currently) 100 page topic." doesn't seem very fair since clearly he isn't the first one to ask for info instead of searching through the "100 page topic"

I should also mention, the mod itself and all the drama attached to it, mean nothing to me. I'm not really a PC gamer, I don't use mods or know much about modding or any of it, so please don't feel the need to inform me about all the issues involved with that whole spectacle, I don't care. I'm not taking any sides on the matter, or involving myself in it in anyway, I'm just making statements based on this thread.
Tastyboi
Been posting for a bit

Postby GREGOLE » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Instead of acting like everyone who asks for a male-compatible version is somehow acting more entitled than the designer, how about a tutorial on altering the program so we can do it, already? Not all of us are programmers. I'd go so far as to say most of us aren't.

I'm getting real sick of Vegan and his supporters acting indignant over other people wanting to be able to enjoy the damn mod. It's LONG since stopped being about asking the artist to do something they don't want to do, and has become the artist flat out trying to stop other people from doing it.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Farfanuggen » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:08 pm

GREGOLE wrote:Instead of acting like everyone who asks for a male-compatible version is somehow acting more entitled than the designer, how about a tutorial on altering the program so we can do it, already? Not all of us are programmers. I'd go so far as to say most of us aren't.

I'm getting real sick of Vegan and his supporters acting indignant over other people wanting to be able to enjoy the damn mod. It's LONG since stopped being about asking the artist to do something they don't want to do, and has become the artist flat out trying to stop other people from doing it.

Not to jump to defend Vegan, but didn't he already state that if people wanted to use his groundwork for a new mod that included male preds, he would allow it? Keyword there being groundwork. Not just copy the whole mod over and change a few things.

That's the reason why people get upset from what I've seen. That they can't just plagiarize the whole mod to include male preds without getting any kind of negative feedback by the community and the mod creator himself.
Farfanuggen
Participator

Postby kenny316 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:17 pm

I hope this gets locked soon.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 pm

GREGOLE wrote:Instead of acting like everyone who asks for a male-compatible version is somehow acting more entitled than the designer, how about a tutorial on altering the program so we can do it, already? Not all of us are programmers. I'd go so far as to say most of us aren't.

As far as I've read, he does NOT object to people doing it. As far as I've read, he is NOT "acting indignant" or being rude about it in the slightest (though some of the people who argued in his favor were, admittedly.) He objects to people doing it USING HIS WORK. It just happens that his work is currently the best and most fleshed out work towards the end that you want. I wish I had the know-how and the patience to make something like this for male preds honestly, about 80% JUST to get people off his back about it. A small part of me really wouldn't mind seeing cock-vore or M/F. But I understand that he doesn't want his work being altered directly into something that squiks him, just like if I wrote a really hot vore story, I would be upset if someone went and edited the ending to a scat paragraph and posted it up everywhere as "Shades' story scat-edit" for the people who like scat. I don't have anything against people who like scat, but I don't, and I'd be bothered by MY work being altered into it, especially if it was not only without my permission, but after I specifically asked people not to do it and post it.

Instead of constantly beating this subject like the proverbial dead horse, maybe we could get a topic out there asking for programmers who might be interested in tackling the project of making a male-pred centric Skyrim mod? Sure, it would take some time to start from scratch, it would be
following the forum rules,
respecting artists all around,
and no one will get their feelings hurt.
In the long run, the authors for both might even be willing to share tips and tricks to each other to help overcoming some of the major pitfalls, since it would be just helping to enable a fellow artist, not having one's work directly copied.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby GREGOLE » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:38 pm

The mod is not based on lore or any kind of artistic vision. It is 100% utilitarian. There is no good reason to disallow other people to alter it to suit their tastes. It is quite simply depriving other people of their ability to enjoy a product.

Besides that, if someone would just up and do the minor reprogramming it would require, we could stop arguing about this forever.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 am

GREGOLE wrote:The mod is not based on lore or any kind of artistic vision. It is 100% utilitarian. There is no good reason to disallow other people to alter it to suit their tastes. It is quite simply depriving other people of their ability to enjoy a product.

Wow. So what you're saying is that this work, which you crave badly enough to argue and whine and continue to bring the subject of your particular desire up regardless of being asked not to, except for 1 little thing that you want changed... doesn't have any creativity involved whatsoever, has "no artistic vision," and so... wow. I'm just... wow. As a comp-sci major, I'M insulted. As an artist IRL who runs my own business making semi-unique creations from pre-made parts, I'm insulted. That's like if I looked at a drawing of a woman swallowing a man and said "There's nothing original or artistic about it, women swallowing men is done all the time on these boards. There's no artistic vision, you just have a knack for drawing is all. But that's %100 utilitarian. If I could draw, I could make that." Seriously, I thought I had gotten emotionally detached enough from this whole thing that nothing anyone said on it would make me personally mad again, but you just proved me wrong.

I'm not even gonna go into what your idea of "minor reprogramming" might actually require, since it's pretty obvious that even if you knew, you wouldn't appreciate any work done on code and programming. This took the guy 6 months of his hobby time just to lay out some barely functional ground-work, counting the trial and error of getting it right, and has taken a fair bit of work, paid commission, and effort on his and another's parts since. That you will just dismiss his work and effort as "not based on lore or any kind of artistic vision" and say that means you should be able to do whatever you want with it, even when he's basically said that doing what you want feels to him like taking it and wiping your butt with it and that's the ONE THING that he doesn't want to be done with it... this is supposed to be an art forum, where artists post their works, and we appreciate them for it. Not where we take what they've slaved over and say "We want it like THIS, and if you won't make it, we'll copy-paste it and make our OWN VERSION." And not where we should wine and gripe, and defame them constantly as "haters" of people who like what we like, when we don't what we want made for us.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game