Skyrim Vore Mod (Male Ver.)?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Skyrim Vore Mod (Male Ver.)?

Postby GREGOLE » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:34 am

There's a difference between drawing a picture and programming a function into an already existing game world.
OBVIOUSLY there's an art to anything you create. But you can create a road too. Doesn't mean you can decide who's allowed to use it based on your vision.

What Vegan has created is a utility. It is not a character or an item or a quest, or anything of the sort. By issuing a Cease & Desist if people are going to reprogram it to allow male preds - Which is objectively FAR easier than starting from scratch - he is essentially creating a resource, then moderating who is allowed to use it. And keep in mind, he doesn't have to ever so much as look at a male vore scene for people to do this. He just doesn't want his work to ever be associated with that, no matter how indirect, no matter how utilitarian. No matter how many people are deprived of enjoyment, despite the complete lack of inconvenience it brings him.

And if you don't see what's wrong with that, then I just.... I don't get you, man.

When it was asking him to add male preds, I supported his right to say no. When it's about other people's ability to do so, that's where I draw the line. Someone modifying the program to allow males does not inconvenience him in the slightest. Just start a second thread for the male version. Piece of cake!

To clarify something, *I* don't crave the idea of male preds in the mod. I uninstalled Skyrim a while ago so I can take a break from it and free up some hard drive space. This isn't about what I want. This is about what I find ethical.
GREGOLE
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Kirah » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:38 am

GREGOLE wrote:There's a difference between drawing a picture and programming a function into an already existing game world.
OBVIOUSLY there's an art to anything you create. But you can create a road too. Doesn't mean you can decide who's allowed to use it based on your vision.

What Vegan has created is a utility. It is not a character or an item or a quest, or anything of the sort. By issuing a Cease & Desist if people are going to reprogram it to allow male preds - Which is objectively FAR easier than starting from scratch - he is essentially creating a resource, then moderating who is allowed to use it. And keep in mind, he doesn't have to ever so much as look at a male vore scene for people to do this. He just doesn't want his work to ever be associated with that, no matter how indirect, no matter how utilitarian. No matter how many people are deprived of enjoyment, despite the complete lack of inconvenience it brings him.

And if you don't see what's wrong with that, then I just.... I don't get you, man.

When it was asking him to add male preds, I supported his right to say no. When it's about other people's ability to do so, that's where I draw the line. Someone modifying the program to allow males does not inconvenience him in the slightest. Just start a second thread for the male version. Piece of cake!

To clarify something, *I* don't crave the idea of male preds in the mod. I uninstalled Skyrim a while ago so I can take a break from it and free up some hard drive space. This isn't about what I want. This is about what I find ethical.

My thoughts exactly. I've been saying this ever since the C&D. The beauty of modding is how open it is to everyone. What's happening here is essentially what happened in Minecraft a while ago: a bunch of modders refusing to collaborate, because everything devolved to "mine!". Issuing a C&D (even though the legal system would not support such an action in this case) just because you don't agree with their personal preferences is going a bit too far. Essentially, you're dictating how other people should play their game. Even if it doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Not to mention that Vegan actually kind-of quit working on the mod, and only then was a male version made. He/she suddenly returned and immediately asked to have it taken down. Why couldn't Vegan just have continued working on their own mod, while leaving the male version be?
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:27 am

Evilpancake wrote:it took me approx 37 seconds

i would take a look through the thread, maybe contact some of the people in it, they might have updated it, who knows. Thread has been locked for months

It's easy to find if you know there are 3 Devourment threads and you know what was written in which. If you do not know this you stand dumbfounded in front of 3 threads with over 200 pages, as well as some minor threads which have only partly something to do with the actual mod.

As for a male vore mod for Skyrim, just wait.
Vegan has already given up to artificially disallow male preds as it caused too many incompatibility issues. Once his mod is in a more complete state someone will eventually take the hassle to create an addon that will allow male preds.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:28 am

An attempt to nudge this in a more constructive direction...

Can anyone who has contributed meshes to Devourment (or is experienced with Skyrim armor meshes in general) please post a link to a resource explaining how it's done? I tried to do it myself but my mesh was incompatible with Skyrim's files. It's the last hurdle I need to overcome to start a new mod of my own.

P.S. Yes, I would finish Brogue first.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 pm

@Gregole:

Perhaps... we just don't completely get each other's standpoints on this. I think I understand your problem, and I do see it as a travesty. I just ethically hold Vegan's preferences a bit higher I suppose, and I dislike seeing him represented as malicious when I haven't seen any such attitude from him personally. Still, since you're arguing for what you see as ethically correct not just for your own preference of fetish material, I have to respect, so I apologize for my loss of temper.

In either case, arguing in favor of this, aside from what several people have pointed out here that Vegan has acquiesced to another programmer using his "ground work" (not sure how much that actually would mean, but it's got to be better than from absolute scratch) to make a male-pred version, arguing for this has gotten nowhere over a long period of time. I still think that if we started a thread with the rule of NOT arguing for straight up modding Vegan's work (to avoid having the thread filled with argument or locked) and for the purpose of recruiting a programmer or 2 and producing a mod that allows male preds, it would be more likely to get something productive done to this end.

I can understand that from an ethical standpoint, if you believe that Vegan allowing people to mod his work to male-pred content is what is right, that you might not want to accept less on the matter, because that would be to accept compromise with something you think is wrong. But there is, as you've mentioned, still the problem of people not being able to enjoy a skyrim mod compatible with their preferences, and this might well actually create significant progress toward making such a mod. What do you think?
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tastyboi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:37 pm

Myconid32 wrote:An attempt to nudge this in a more constructive direction...

Can anyone who has contributed meshes to Devourment (or is experienced with Skyrim armor meshes in general) please post a link to a resource explaining how it's done? I tried to do it myself but my mesh was incompatible with Skyrim's files. It's the last hurdle I need to overcome to start a new mod of my own.

See this is why people start new threads in order to ask questions, because if they try and ask one in an existing thread like this, they just get ignored in order to continue the shit parade of drama.

Good attempt to try and steer things in a better direction though Myconid, but this thread may have devolved too far to save. Even if you do somehow get someone who is able to answer your question, there are people here who just clearly can't let things go, so it will just continue over top of it.
Tastyboi
Been posting for a bit

Postby ShadesofBlack » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:53 pm

Myconid32 wrote:An attempt to nudge this in a more constructive direction...

I'm afraid I don't personally know how to do this, but I found a few resources that look promising. Perhaps you will find some of your answers here:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... n-blender/
http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Crea ... im._Part_1

I think everyone here, regardless of their position on other discussions, would love to see more successful vore mods.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:35 am

@ShadesofBlack

I had found the latter link before (which led to some weird issue involving Nifskope), but not the first. I'll take a look... thanks for posting :D
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ownednooberhaha » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:45 am

i do have the male mversion on my computer but im not posting it here thought
ownednooberhaha
Been posting for a bit

Postby puck5 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:59 am

GREGOLE wrote:The mod is not based on lore or any kind of artistic vision. It is 100% utilitarian. There is no good reason to disallow other people to alter it to suit their tastes. It is quite simply depriving other people of their ability to enjoy a product.

Besides that, if someone would just up and do the minor reprogramming it would require, we could stop arguing about this forever.
Why don't you make a male vore mod for Skyrim?
puck5
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Person » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:35 am

With Blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the male vore mod!

Seriously though this thread is ridiculous.

Sideromelane wrote:THAT SAID - It is actually VERY easy to make your own male preds. Until or unless Vegan gives it his blessing i will not go any further than proof of concept (I really don't care enough about male preds to pursue the matter even for my own use), however I can 100% confirm it *IS* possible to have 'male' preds with NO editing of Vegans work required at all (At this point, bug-fixing and textures may require some work but again, I just don't care enough to investigate further at this time).
Proof of Concept Screenshot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/338 ... oncept.PNG

If in future it becomes acceptable, I *MAY* release either a mod to add the required files, or a tutorial, describing exactly how to go about it. But only if people stop whining about it. It is NOT a difficult thing to figure out, GO TEACH YOURSELF HOW. You don't even need Creation Kit for it, i did this in 15 minutes before work using an off-the-shelf mod and renaming several non-devourment files.

If someone wants even I could just do this for you guys and PM it to you. It's probably pretty easy. :|

Edit:

...Not that I'm interested in the slightest. Someone else would probably have to test it for me. :P
Person
Somewhat familiar

Postby Richter » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:32 pm

I'm with demonskunk. As a gay male furry I don't like the fact that it's exclusively focused on female preds, vagina power and the mod's "all men are evil, unclean, and worthless" attitude. Infact I've always been outwardly offended by it.
Richter
Somewhat familiar

Postby dagar » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:08 pm

Please.... don't necro a thread.... in order to bring up an argument again.....
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby slpowerhouse » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:43 pm

First and foremost I was part of the original argument over the whole stop making a male version fiasco. I am also not going to be really taking sides this time but will explain in my opinion what happened.
1. Vegan started working on a vore mod for Skyrim
2. Vegan stated he was not going to be putting male preds in the mod as the thought of it made him ill.
3. Vegan decided that he was going to stop working on the mod due to personal reasons. (not going into this as it is each person's right to privacy)
4. Devourment was picked up by another person (sorry don't remember who picked it up).
5. The person that picked up devourment starts a new thread for their version so it is easier to find the new version.
6. The person that picked up devourment figured out how to allow male preds as well as female preds.
7. I join in on helping with pseudo code for possible addition of accidental digestion to the mod.
8. Vegan heard that devourment was being continued by a new person and returns with the intention to help them understand the code he made.
9. Vegan sees the male pred addition and tells the new person to stop all working on the mod.
10. Vegan eventually states that he has no problem if a male pred mod for Skyrim is made just it can't be made using any of his code in devourment.
11. Vegan's friend takes up the moding portion of devourment with Vegan helping them out with the vore side of things.
12. Vegan's friend has a life changing experience and leaves the development of the mod to Vegan alone.
13. We get the current version of the mod.
14. Vegan's family finds out about his vore fetish and blackmails him to stop working on it, though this time Vegan stated he would continue when he figures out a way out of his current predictiment.

puck5 wrote:
GREGOLE wrote:The mod is not based on lore or any kind of artistic vision. It is 100% utilitarian. There is no good reason to disallow other people to alter it to suit their tastes. It is quite simply depriving other people of their ability to enjoy a product.

Besides that, if someone would just up and do the minor reprogramming it would require, we could stop arguing about this forever.
Why don't you make a male vore mod for Skyrim?

This would involve someone making a male vore mod from scratch since as far as I know Vegan requested that none of his code be used for a male vore mod in skyrim.
Never lose sight of the light that illuminates your path and you shall always find a glimmer of hope even in the darkest of hours
meet my dragon(s)
ImageImageImageImageImage
slpowerhouse
Somewhat familiar

Postby ShadesofBlack » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:09 am

dagar wrote:Please.... don't necro a thread.... in order to bring up an argument again.....

THIS^

@ Richter: Sending you a PM to discuss a point you brought up that's been on my mind too lately. But please, please please please, don't pull the "Vegan is gone, flame him for not wanting male preds and restart the argument!" thing. That's already happened. Twice. Nothing good came of either time.
-Shades
ShadesofBlack
Advanced Vorarephile

Previous

Return to Vore game