On The Menu: Rise of Zee "Im Back Baby!"

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: On The Menu: Rise of Zee "Im Back Baby!"

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:44 am

NekoYuki wrote:I already offered to help you. And that offer stands. That also includes help with RPG maker. As well as just finding errors.

Same here.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LPWolfiLP » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:15 am

Gives it no download link q-q?
LPWolfiLP
Somewhat familiar

Postby FutureBellyAche » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:02 pm

Looking forward to any updates. If you want a play tester you got one here.
FutureBellyAche
Participator

Postby acrylic » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:49 am

How can I download this game?
acrylic
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:16 am

acrylic wrote:How can I download this game?

The Demo has been retracted due to a shift in the games direction, the new demo will be out in a few days supposidly.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby beagirl » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Wow never making a guess of a date ever again, stupid life getting in he way...

Anyway for all those who wish to help test the game a download is now available

-Thank You.
beagirl
New to the forum

Postby Catzalot » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:59 pm

Don't even worry. You are providing this product for free. You should get a break on scheduling thanks to that ;)
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Hey, no worries beagirl. Around the portal, we pretty much take any releases as a gift, regardless of timetables. That you find time to put effort into your project, and that you enjoy doing so is what matters most.

--Ere
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby DjConnorJ » Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:23 pm

Unable to find file:

Graphics/faces/megara 2

Is there a fix for this?
DjConnorJ
Participator

Postby Erecant » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:30 pm

with the encrypted archive, not really. Avoid the trigger, and save frequently, and document where they happen so Beagirl can fix them in next update.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:42 pm

found a bug step on the pentagram for the dual again and it starts that fight and scene again.. worse if you win game bugs if you lose black screen and game bugs.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:20 pm

You can fix that issue by creating the folders and images that are missing. Just put them in the Rise of Zee Folder.
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:23 pm

the bug isn't a missing image it is the game is not programmed for you to win, also the black screen bug is a fade out which has no fade in.

found lots of other bugs many events can be triggered before they should, many more are just plane broken. hell you have a chest right out side of the school which when opened teleports you to your objective but breaks events by doing so.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Catzalot » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:27 pm

I was replying to DJ connor, not you. Sorry.

I have no idea what that bug is caused by.
Catzalot
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:38 am

Okay, first impressions time!

I really like the direction you've gone here, the overall production value has increased tremendously. I like that you're not just using the stock, cartoony portraits. The new Zee took a little getting used to, but she's adorable. I rather miss a blonde Sam, but I imagine I'll cope. I appreciate the effort you've taken to flesh out the earlier areas and the opening in general, the groundwork is definitely there, and the maps are progressively more interesting with each version you put out. I notice a couple of the scenes were altered a bit, most notably, the scene in the opening, when you lose the duel with Sam, you no longer have a choice in how it plays out. Not major, but that was a fun little scene branch we no longer have access to. Overall, I like this new version quite a lot, and can tell a lot of effort went into it's production, especially looking at the files and groundwork you've laid.

That said, there are some pretty hefty bugs to work out. Principally, image names and references cause issues all over the place. When you changed images for both the character sprites, and the portraits, you changed image names, understandable, but many of your events still try to reference the old images, rather than the new, resulting in crashes. User side this can be avoided by making a file structure and placing blank or copied placeholder images. Not a huge deal for testing, kinda why we do this. A second bit I've noticed, spelling (and to a lesser extent grammar) are again issues. Again, what testing is for, but it can be pretty jarring. There's a few other bugs I've seen, but I'm sure others will bring them to light.

For sure RPGMaker is a rough system to find bugs and proofread, lots of places to hide little errors in the event structure. My suggestion would be to go through with an old copy of the game (or at least the old image resources, see what all may have been referenced, and check through to see if any old files are still used in the new game.

For those wondering, it looks like this release isn't a content update, so much as a total system overhaul, you'll recognize the story, and the characters by name, but images, details, and game engine have all undergone substantial tweaks.

Beagirl, Keep up the fine work, I'm sure many other bugs will crop up, but this is part of the design process. This has been, and will remain one of my favorite games on Eka's, and heartily encourage you to keep at it.

--Ere
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby forumlurker » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:24 am

Apart from the bugs pointed out, I'd like to mention fighting beegirls or perhaps other enemies as well can suddenly reduce your level back to 1. Quite nasty.

I love the new style though and the diaries are a lovely little touch.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VoraciousArtistry » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:13 am

I have found one thing, not sure if it is a bug though but after the cut scene between Edan and Wes discussing their plans on the cliffside, the game freezes after the prompt 'one week later' all there is, is a black screen with no way of doing anything.

Another thing is that when you enter the cave under the two shrine like structures near the covern you witness the scene where Grace is eaten by the witch hunter. When the scene ends you are in the acient temple and must fight the Slime mother. It then goes back to the cave where Zee is gone and the party now consists of Daisy, Grace and Sam.

Edit: It seems as though the bug occurs when the Tutorial is not selected, I will notify if this is the case, I will have to play through the game again.

Edit: No. it still breaks even after finnishing the Tutorial, is anyone else having this particular problem. This means that it is impossible to get past chapter 2.

Edit: Not opening the teleporting chest does nothing, I have aslo noticed that the framerate drops form 60 FPS to 1 FPS when this prompt appears.
VoraciousArtistry
Participator

Postby Cribbey » Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:42 pm

Any insight on where to go/what to do after the tutorial?
Cribbey
Participator

Postby rolf » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:31 pm

hmm i have a problem every time i play a scene the game close and say Graphics/face/megara 2 or something like similar appears
rolf
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:28 am

I hate to be nitpicky, but I think Sam's new face looks like it's off a pic of a guy.

... Also is it just me or does Zee look like she's straight out of Hetalia?

Out side of that I have barely scratched the surface on this game.

And hey I'm still available to help with the art. Any pic you wan't edited, I can edit... But mostly only on weekends now. I work a 6 to 5 job, and I need my rest during the week. Still on weekends I am available to help fo FREE.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game