Pokemon Vore Game (full conversion)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Pokemon Vore Game (full conversion)

Postby Blahblahbum » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:56 am

So I was flipping through the achieves and I came across this: http://aryion.com/g4/view/277789

So uh... why aren't we funding this? Total conversion of all Pokémon into female/male variants and making the game into a TOTAL VORE CONVERSION!!! ( silver trumpets sound) I am assuming there is not already one in existence or progress here.

You know what? I am doing this. I am issuing an official call out to everyone for advice on how one can mod/recreate the any of the Pokémon games into a TOTAL VORE CONVERSION!!! (silver trumpets sound) Anyone with advice on what software to use, how to mod the game, what kind of art to use, how to make the sprites, anything anyone would think of as useful in making a mod project would be most appreciated.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments? Would you play a game like that?
Blahblahbum
Been posting for a bit

Re: Pokemon Vore Game (full conversion)

Postby Kirah » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:45 am

Sure, I'd like to play a game like that.

Problem is, it's not like you can snap your fingers and just make it. It takes work, time, and knowledge. Lots of people say things like "how cool would it be if X was a game? It should feature Y concept. Go make it!", but many don't realize how hard it is to make games, or mod existing ones if they're not made for it.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Masuo15 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:10 am

First off, the comic you posted was uploaded this very same day, so thats why no one has come with such a game.

Now, to change a pokemon game into such thing, it implys from the start,t o re-designe every single pokemon's sprit (two times because genders), include generic animations for the new attacksto represent the vore acctions and most probabbly change a lot of dialogues and lines in the game.

The whole thing requires different skills and not just one guy but a group of people in wich each one have the experience to work in one of the previously menttioned aspects of the game. And it will require (like Kirah said) a lot of time and work.
Masuo15
Somewhat familiar

Postby Doomlycupcake » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 am

Aso since how would typing work? our are we replacing them to with vore types?
Doomlycupcake
Participator

Postby komaru » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 am

Would totally play it.

Would likely take a huge amount of effort to code in though.

1. Just for the "Genderizing" - even if you just did gen 1 to start, we're talking roughly 300 sprites (accounting for 1 gendered or genderless pokemon)
2. Vore visuals - presumably another 300 sprites, assuming each pokemon only has 1 vore move (For example, if you add CV, that say, another 140-ish sprites for the males.) This is also ignoring any kind of vore animation.

3. How does vore work in this context? If a pokemon is vored, are they simply counted as KO'd? Do you lose your pokemon for good? Is it something that happens as you hit 0 HP? or a status condition (Frozen/Poison combined for Digestion damage?)
4. Based on some of the above questions, some attacks may need new animations, as well as some code that makes certain inflict, or have a chance to inflict the "eaten" status, if that was the route we go.
5.A lot of new dialogue would need to be added in for a full conversion, trainer text, battle text, pokemon center text, maybe item names, etc.

6.-ish. After all this, we still have people's vore preferences, so we'd have to find a way to extend the menu to cover some vore toggles, especially if multiple forms of vore were implemented.

Not really meant to intimidate, but what you suggest is a very ambitious project, even if you had a group working on it (especially if we go past 1st gen.), if it's doable at all, I know some pokemon mods have been made (although, it was mostly stuff like a Gold/Silver remake in the FR/LG era; nothing nearly as involved as what you mention.), so the source coding is out there, but I don't think anyone has tried to make a vore mod of it before, so it may not even be possible.

Nevertheless, if you did try and pursue this, I wish you luck, and I would be willing to help out a bit with the text creation, maybe some spriting, if I could get back into it (although I have very little free time atm)

-------------

Although, what may work (although likely taking a hell of a lot more effort, but having the benefit of building the code from scratch, rather than hoping the existing code allows for what you're proposing) is making some kind of java/Flash game mimicking the actual pokemon games. As I said, it would have the benefit of surely allowing vore, as we build it from scratch, but it also means that, well, we have to build it from scratch, which means we're no longer just having to deal with just the vorish aspects, but also making sure all of the other aspects of pokemon are implemented properly. (Which would be, a monumental task, at best.)

Following this Line of thought though, If it's mostly vorish battles we're after, it may be (slightly) easier to make a Pokemon Stadium-esque game, which would cut the overworld from the equation, cutting a food chunk of work out, meaning we'd only need to design the battle system, maybe add a "story mode" with dialogue (i.e. the Gym battles from Pokmon Stadium).

---------------

Those would be my 2 cents on the subject. Like Others said, the main reason it hasn't been done is the sheer amount of work required, especially as we include more and more pokemon. (Assuming we use all 6 generations, guesstimating about 100 are either genderless or have only 1 gender, we have about 1450 Sprites to make, double that for "full" sprites, now up to 2900. Now let's assume people want some alternate vores, well, AV and UB are easy, we can use the full belly sprites from OV, but let's say we want Breast Vore and CV, bam, now we're up to a whopping 4800 sprites or flash drawings (Not even going to mention if we tried to animate the flash drawings.))

Suffice to say it would likely take a small group of people a good couple of years to really come up with something playable, no matter which route you went.
komaru
???

Postby Delet932b4sk » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:48 am

I'd play it, no doubt. Sounds pretty amazing. And yes, the work required would be astronomical.
Delet932b4sk
Participator

Postby Blahblahbum » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:12 pm

Dear freaking science I did not think this thing out properly, it seems. That'll learn me to try to think in the early hours of the morning before I properly woke up.

Still, I cannot help but think that the concept, at least, is a sound one. One that many people on Eka's would enjoy playing though.
Blahblahbum
Been posting for a bit

Postby Maexam2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Hm... Interesting concept! It certainly has potential!
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Noxyoursox » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Blahblahbum wrote:Dear freaking science I did not think this thing out properly, it seems. That'll learn me to try to think in the early hours of the morning before I properly woke up.

Still, I cannot help but think that the concept, at least, is a sound one. One that many people on Eka's would enjoy playing though.

If you ever decide you do want to move forward with this, there are a variety of tools available that have been developed by others who modded or remade pokemon games. In terms of realistic goals, you would probably start with just the status effects of being vored and some purely text description, maybe have attacks like Swallow be the trigger and add them as TMs to the game. Basically, lay the groundwork first so that the system actually works, then take your time with things like sprites and animations.

(PS, I totally think Minimize should be a shrinking move that makes pokemon who use it more vulnerable to vore! :D )
Noxyoursox
Participator

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:22 am

Another way to go about it, while it would still require a lot of sprite conversions and script meddling is with rpg maker xp. There is a pokemon essentials kit that lets you make pokemon and pokemon style games. With a spriter, a scripter and an animator, it would be possible without too much hassle.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby Redpod » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:54 am

Nice idea:
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:36 pm

There are techniques to make it easier.

Just how skyrim or other games like it don't handcraft every single npc model up.

You can start with a base male/female models then apply different skins to them and then develop attachments where appropriate for wings, leaves etc.

You then only need to create the animations for each type of vore ONCE and not 300 times over.

This minimizes the work necessary.

The unfortunate side effect is that everything is very "same" looking. And all assumedly humanoid looking
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby gundamrs » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:40 pm

I've been mostly content to just lurk around here for some time now, but this is one topic I simply can't pass up. I've been thinking about ideas for vorish versions of various video games for years, including Pokemon, Disgaea, Rampage, and Kirby. I never seem to get past the design stage though, but I do have plenty of ideas. Perhaps if a share a few ideas for once, something will actually happen.

The first issue would be the amount of work involved. A complete Pokemon game that allows one to start in any region and eventually travel to the other regions and catch every single Pokemon would be both fantastic and a ridiculous amount of work for just one or two people to complete in any reasonable amount of time. komaru suggested something similar to Pokemon Stadium and I believe that is definitely the place to start. That would allow one to focus mainly on the combat engine, which is definitely going to be the main attraction. I think it would also help to pick an even smaller starting point than that for the first version. The first Pokemon Stadium game had different competitions you could enter which had varying restrictions on which Pokemon could be used for that competition such as Level, Height, and Weight. I believe using the rules for the Pika Cup competition from the 1st Pokemon Stadium game would be a good starting point.

Pika Cup Rules:
  • Each Trainer will enter 6 Pokemon into the competition
  • Each Trainer will enter 3 Pokemon into each battle
  • Each Pokemon must be at a Level ranging from Lv. 15 to Lv. 20
  • The total Level of the three Pokemon entered into each battle must not exceed 50
    For example;
    You can enter two Pokemon at Lv. 15 and one Pokemon at Lv. 20 (15 + 15 + 20 = 50)
    You can enter two Pokemon at Lv. 16 and one Pokemon at Lv. 18 (16 + 16 + 18 = 50)
    You cannot enter two Pokemon at Lv. 20 and one Pokemon at Lv. 15 (20 + 20 + 15 = 55)
  • There are NO RESTRICTIONS on the Height of the Pokemon entered in the competition
  • There are NO RESTRICTIONS on the Weight of the Pokemon entered in the competition
  • Special/Legendary are not Permitted (such as Mewtwo, Celebi, and Lugia)
  • You may not enter more than one specimen of any specific species of Pokemon
    For example;
    You may not enter two Bulbasaurs, but you may enter one Bulbasaur and one Ivysaur
    You may not enter three Pikachus, but you may enter one Pikachu, one Pichu, and one Raichu
  • You may not give the same Held Item to two or more Pokemon; each Pokemon must have a different Held Item (or no Held Item)

If you start with the above set of rules and restrict the game to Generation 1 Pokemon to start with, I think that cuts the work load down to around 100 Pokemon that would need to be programmed for the first proper release. Afterwards, Pokemon from Generation 2 that qualify for these rules could be added before working through Generation 3 and up to the current one. Alternatively, Double Battle and Triple Battle variations of the Pika Cup competition could established before adding additional Pokemon. Or you could expand into competitions that have rules that would allow for Pokemon from Generation 1 that don't qualify for the Pika Cup (such as Dragonite).

As for simply getting a functional game engine, perhaps sprites for Yoshi and Kirby could be used as placeholders while doing the coding. You could use different colored Yoshis and different colored Kirbys/Kirbies (Does anyon know the proper plural form for Kirby?) to represent diffent Pokemon while programming the game engine. They could then be replaced with the proper the sprites whenever they are ready. For actually doing the graphics, my first thought would be to begin with some Pokemon that might be easier to edit, such as Nidoqueen, Charmeleon, and Machop. This would provide some time to figure out how do sprites for some of the oddballs. Anybody have any thoughts on how to do anthropomorphic versions of Staryu/Starmie and Diglett/Dugtrio?

And typing of spriting, I suppose options for the art style would need to be discussed. The comic that's linked to in the 1st Post (drawn by WeaselK) is certainly an option. If you compare the Nidoqueen depicted in the comic with offical artwork you'll notice that the changes actually aren't that drastic (in my opinion), with the most obvious changes being a change in the shape of the head and the increase in the size of the breasts.

I also think the style used by Requiem might work, and he even has a gallery here:

http://aryion.com/g4/gallery/Requiem

Most of Requiem's Pokemon-related work is in the folder labeled "Team Gullet", but there are a few in other folders.

Another artist I know whose depictions of anthropomorphic Pokemon are interesting is "Green Bird of Blue Sky". The way he depicts various Pokemon such as Cofagrigus, Bronzong, and Lapras as well as bird Pokemon and serpentine Pokemon (like Dragonair, Arbok, and Rayquaza) is vary interesting. I think a graphical style like this could also work with ryanshowseason3's suggestion to use "skins" and attachments.

Two things before I post a link:

First; he is NOT a VORE artist.

Second; English is NOT his native language.

http://gb-of-bs.deviantart.com/

I was going go into incorporating vore into the battle mechanics next, but this post has already exceeded the capacity of my monitor (resolution is 1440 x 900), so I think I'll save that for a separate post. There are few things I still need to think about on that aspect anyway.
gundamrs
New to the forum

Postby Terrafox » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:13 pm

Well here are a few thought that I have for the game.

First we really don't need all of the first generation pokemon as there are lots of them that no one really chars about, What we should do is use the best of the 1st gen and some of the more popular ones from other gens like Lucario, Gardivore (vore), Blaziken, The Eevees,ect.

Second, vore wise lets stick with the easy to do vore that results in just huge bellies like soft vore, anal vore, unbirth, which would make it much easier for the artist so they can make things faster, So exclude cock vore, Breast vore, hair vore,

This might not work do to copy rights, but maybe use the original non combat screen and battle background and some of the music to A. bring back the great old time pokemon feels to every one and B. it would make creatating the game easier and faster to develop.
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game