Working on a Text Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a Text Game

Postby AlienEagle » Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:45 pm

I've tried the game, and it is kinda fun so far. I think I need a command list, cause a lot of what I type doesn't do much, but maybe I'm just not thinkin right. Cann't wait for the next update
AlienEagle
New to the forum

Postby Dark_phoenix » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:40 am

I'd like a command list as well, I've noticed that you can't see your health which is a pain during combat.
Phoenix-Male Human/Angel hybrid
Born from a human father and Angel, Phoenix has wings and can use fire spells. His combination of wings and fire gave him his name Phoenix. he dresses in a cloak to hide his wings from the public.
Dark_phoenix
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby bluescreen » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:29 pm

Is this game still being worked on?
bluescreen
New to the forum

Postby luxario » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:31 am

I take it the project has been dropped since the lack of response in quite some time.
luxario
Somewhat familiar

Postby bluescreen » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Seeing as this project, is there anyways i can edit this game using quest engine? I try to open it up to edit in quest, but it says it is using the wrong file type. The game is .quest and the engine wants .aslx
bluescreen
New to the forum

Postby TheDragonDrake » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:58 pm

bluescreen wrote:Seeing as this project, is there anyways i can edit this game using quest engine? I try to open it up to edit in quest, but it says it is using the wrong file type. The game is .quest and the engine wants .aslx
Change the file name to a .zip instead of a .quest. Then open it up in 7-zip or something, extract it, and you have the .aslx file.
EDIT: Also, I hope someone will continue development on this project. It has quite a bit of potential.
Also, a command list below.
Switch/Swap: changes characters.
Grab/Grapple: Attempts to grab an enemy. There's already a button for this.
Eat/Swallow *victim name*: Oral vore.
av/Anal Vore/Anal *victim name*: Anal vore.
bv/Breast Vore *victim name*: Breast vore.
cv/Cock Vore *victim name*: Cock Vore.
ub/Unbirth *victim name*: Unbirth.
Struggle: Attempt to escape an enemy's stomach. If you type this in while inside your partner, it will say "There's nothing to struggle against", even if they are currently digesting you.
Sleep: Self-explanatory.
Release: Releases your partner/enemy from your body. Only thing is, it releases them all at once.
Attack: Self-explanatory.
TheDragonDrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:53 pm

hey you know ou are inside your team mate when he/she dies your stuck in side of him/her with no way out
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Tue May 26, 2015 8:31 pm

Ok I'm going to level with you all- I no longer have a computer! So if anyone was still wondering if this game would be continued after like 6 months I appreciate the vote of confidence but I have some bad news for you.

Anyway, if I can pick this up again, yall will be the first to know, but meanwhile, the whole source is available in the built download, feel free to mess with it if you want. Everything works on inheritance; if you make a new creature or something inherit from the basic monster class and fill out the organs and AI script and nest location and the game handles the rest. If you want something to be interactable while inside a player make an object inheriting "Image" and link it back and forth with the creature.

Speaking of which, there's a command up there that dragondrake missed, you can use "release <name>" to release a specific creature. In any case maybe I'll get back to this when I have a new machine. Time will tell.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Skeiron » Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Sad to hear. Maybe some time in the future :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby AstralMessenger » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:23 am

Where can I actually find the source? The download at the front page won't let me edit it in quest.
AstralMessenger
New to the forum

Postby TheDragonDrake » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:53 pm

AstralMessenger wrote:Where can I actually find the source? The download at the front page won't let me edit it in quest.
You get the source code by renaming the v2.quest file to v2.zip, then opening the zip file and extracting the .aslx to somewhere on your computer.
TheDragonDrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:26 pm

There's actually a bit more than removing the source code if you want it to be easily editable in Quest. Luckily, I know how to do that, so because Zixer gave the okay a few posts up:

Quest-editable source code here (MEGA).
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Zixer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 pm

RakeVuri wrote:There's actually a bit more than removing the source code if you want it to be easily editable in Quest. Luckily, I know how to do that, so because Zixer gave the okay a few posts up:

Hey, thanks! I couldn't exactly get at the source code now. Which is too bad, I'd finished up a complicated set of events involving a weasel with a gambling addiction and strange ideas about appropriate stakes before my computer went.

Anyway, thanks for putting that up, and I suppose it bears mentioning that your work inspired me on this project in the first place!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:52 am

Zixer wrote:Hey, thanks! I couldn't exactly get at the source code now. Which is too bad, I'd finished up a complicated set of events involving a weasel with a gambling addiction and strange ideas about appropriate stakes before my computer went.

Anyway, thanks for putting that up, and I suppose it bears mentioning that your work inspired me on this project in the first place!

Ouch, I know how much it sucks to lose progress on anything. That weasel idea does sound fun though. And I'm just happy to be able to inspire more people to try out game development. Quest's really easy to work with after all.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby RakeVuri » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:05 pm

So I've been editing this a bit on my own time, and I feel like I've added and optimized a bit, so I'll toss my own branch of the game into the mix. It adds quite a few things, most namely the 'submit to' command and a new NPC in the inn. It also explains how to do combat in the intro, though I changed species creation into a specific list. Just for the sake of species specific scenes being possible in the future.

Game here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!jN0VgIjL!g5vrhr2Hz ... I3a7lIwL2o

Source here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!mcczQJSa!PjtKdPdOY ... qbw2ciFjxc
Last edited by RakeVuri on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby AeroBlaze » Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:48 am

Quite like the Added content you Added Rake!. Do you have to wait for the time people are released though?..such as submitting to something.
AeroBlaze
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alesleo » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:05 am

Good addictions Rake.
The thing I really find interesting about this game is the fact that you have two characters. While they are basically silent protagonists I can roleplay them how I want.

The thought of the weasel eating the character while his companion watches (or viceversa) is quite... kinky :D
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:03 am

RakeVuri wrote:So I've been editing this a bit on my own time, and I feel like I've added and optimized a bit, so I'll toss my own branch of the game into the mix. It adds quite a few things, most namely the 'submit to' command and a new NPC in the inn. It also explains how to do combat in the intro, though I changed species creation into a specific list. Just for the sake of species specific scenes being possible in the future.

Game here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!OAdFhKAD!vyg-l9ZMU ... JLixuksoa0

Source here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!6V9lzKzI!P_1NjhB3Z ... 75Fa8mxqT4

Cool! Hope I get the chance to play it!

Ask me if you've got any questions on how the code works! I did a lot of future-proofing and not a lot of documentation >_> (heck I'm not even sure comments and such show up in the build->unbuilt->source...)
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:15 pm

Due to a particular bug with both Devin and the Damage() function, it didn't work properly. I fixed it, I hope.

Game here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!jN0VgIjL!g5vrhr2Hz ... I3a7lIwL2o

Source here:
https://mega.co.nz/#!mcczQJSa!PjtKdPdOY ... qbw2ciFjxc

MEGA is odd in that it doesn't let you edit uploaded files. Have to use new links each time.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Assimilation » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:11 pm

RakeVuri wrote:There's actually a bit more than removing the source code if you want it to be easily editable in Quest. Luckily, I know how to do that, so because Zixer gave the okay a few posts up:

Thanks, Rake. I've been playing around with this myself. My branch is going in the opposite direction: I'm not a fan of AV, BV, CV (after this many years, I only just realize we could call these ABCV), or furry species so I'm working a trimmed-down game that focuses on other things.
Assimilation
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game