Working on a Text Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a Text Game

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:48 pm

devin is immortal!
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:13 pm

um rake I am making my own addition (just adding area in town) can you test it for me
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:48 pm

It says I digested and killed devin but he never dissapers frm inventory
like when you eat a wolf or something
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Hey guess who. I have a computer again!...sorta! OK so I'm borrowing a computer, very limited access, but I at least got this out!

It's not much added; there's the gambler in the first town that I don't think made it into the last release, and a new town! With one dude in it. New Innkeeper! Since I also allowed multiple commands, you can reach him immediately after character creation with "s.s.s.s.s.e.s.s.se".

Will probably be a while until I can work on this again. Will keep you updated! Might also start some modding documentation; there's a few pitfalls to keep background game stuff from crashing things you try to add to it. Please let me know if I've messed up anything, though I probably won't be able to fix it right away.

On that note, please don't hesitate to inform me if I've screwed up grammar somewhere; there's a lot that depends on the difference between object.article, .gender, .possessive, etc and I don't always spot my misplacements!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Is there any new vore scenes other than the gambler in the new update? Haven't been able to find or trigger any others.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RakeVuri » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:38 pm

I noticed something with the new gambler. Looking at the code itself, it looks like you randomize the coin toss in the if conditional, and when the player loses, it displays the player's choice during the lose events. Sorta like:

>pick Heads
The ferret jumps up and claps as the coin lands Heads! "I win! I win!"

Which is definitely not how it should work.

edit:
Also an error with Ordi after joining your companion. I'll note you it.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:12 am

never mind i got it fixed :)
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:56 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Is there any new vore scenes other than the gambler in the new update? Haven't been able to find or trigger any others.

Yeah; head south out of the first town, take the first east exit, then keep going south to the next town.

RakeVuri wrote:I noticed something with the new gambler. Looking at the code itself, it looks like you randomize the coin toss in the if conditional, and when the player loses, it displays the player's choice during the lose events. Sorta like:

>pick Heads
The ferret jumps up and claps as the coin lands Heads! "I win! I win!"

Which is definitely not how it should work.

edit:
Also an error with Ordi after joining your companion. I'll note you it.

...hah, seriously? Whoops! I have no idea how that got missed. I do know how the other one got missed though, which is a bit funnier; I ran into a caps problem there... And then to fix it, I went and capitalized the wrong G.

There's actually a lot of problems with the new version, but a lot of them come down to the player doing arbitrary things like feeding your companion a wolf, feeding the companion to Ordi, and then releasing the wolf and leaving the stomach. The rest are grammar problems. Unfortunately I won't have a computer for like a month!

...actually thinking back I think the gambler bug might have been one I fixed, but I may have not been able to retrieve the latest source. Unfortunate; there could be a few other things I've missed too.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah; head south out of the first town, take the first east exit, then keep going south to the next town.

Well I did that. But i'm not sure what triggers the new vore scenes? I've tried pretty much all I know that would trigger something with the new characters that aren't the gambler.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:09 pm

can you give out the source code?
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Alesleo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Well I did that. But i'm not sure what triggers the new vore scenes? I've tried pretty much all I know that would trigger something with the new characters that aren't the gambler.

Try to rent a room while not having enough gold for it.
Alesleo
Been posting for a bit

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:43 am

Hi a question here, is there any way to earn gold? If the answer is yes, then what is the easiest way to get them?
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 pm

eeveerocks1000 wrote:can you give out the source code?

I'd rather not until I have the common framework (right now, the RPG elements) worked out in a way that is readable and works without the various kludges implemented into the system, but at the rate things are going I might have to. I'll decide based on the rate of development I can manage.

zxcfrtyuiop wrote:Hi a question here, is there any way to earn gold? If the answer is yes, then what is the easiest way to get them?

Well, there should be, but it's bugged. I may manage a quick bugfix release in a couple days.

Something next on my list (after at least the next NPC) is monsters carrying around small bits of treasure, undigestable remains from various unfortunates they've eaten; but they're carrying it the only way they know how... You'll have to go in and search for it!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Zixer wrote:
eeveerocks1000 wrote:can you give out the source code?

I'd rather not until I have the common framework (right now, the RPG elements) worked out in a way that is readable and works without the various kludges implemented into the system, but at the rate things are going I might have to. I'll decide based on the rate of development I can manage.

zxcfrtyuiop wrote:Hi a question here, is there any way to earn gold? If the answer is yes, then what is the easiest way to get them?

Well, there should be, but it's bugged. I may manage a quick bugfix release in a couple days.

Something next on my list (after at least the next NPC) is monsters carrying around small bits of treasure, undigestable remains from various unfortunates they've eaten; but they're carrying it the only way they know how... You'll have to go in and search for it!

That might be fun i hope the wolf have at least 2 gold in there so that i don't get stuck with no way to heal my HP back.
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArgobargSoup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:51 pm

So after downloadin' the Rake edit, and findin' out that ya could get at the source fer the game kinda easily, I looked around in the code. Ended up pokin' some stuff, learnin' some stuff, and addin' some stuff...

Do I have permission from both of ya ta post it? It was startin' from Rake's edit, so it doesn't have some of the newer stuff, like the new innkeeper...

The stuff I did:
Spoiler: show
-Changed the snake ta be named "snake"
-Fixed a weird bug with Shara poppin' out yer companion every time ya spoke ta her after one resurrect (added "Shara.Stage = 0" into the resurrection bit)
-Made it so you couldn't "submit to" yerself, trappin' yerself inside yerself unless the you that ya submitted ta decided ta eat ya and digest ya (if submit target = yourself, NAWP, else, submit)
-Looked at Essa's description code, liked it, and did something similar fer the player; if ya "look at" yer companion it'll now tell ya what sorta bulges they got. Plus little tells if it's a combo belly bulge, like gurgles if it's a meal, walkin' funny if it's a butt plug, and rubs and blushes if it's a womb filler.

I didn't know how ta make it Quest-editable, so I did all my edits via Notepad++.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:14 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:So after downloadin' the Rake edit, and findin' out that ya could get at the source fer the game kinda easily, I looked around in the code. Ended up pokin' some stuff, learnin' some stuff, and addin' some stuff...

Do I have permission from both of ya ta post it? It was startin' from Rake's edit, so it doesn't have some of the newer stuff, like the new innkeeper...

The stuff I did:
Spoiler: show
-Changed the snake ta be named "snake"
-Fixed a weird bug with Shara poppin' out yer companion every time ya spoke ta her after one resurrect (added "Shara.Stage = 0" into the resurrection bit)
-Made it so you couldn't "submit to" yerself, trappin' yerself inside yerself unless the you that ya submitted ta decided ta eat ya and digest ya (if submit target = yourself, NAWP, else, submit)
-Looked at Essa's description code, liked it, and did something similar fer the player; if ya "look at" yer companion it'll now tell ya what sorta bulges they got. Plus little tells if it's a combo belly bulge, like gurgles if it's a meal, walkin' funny if it's a butt plug, and rubs and blushes if it's a womb filler.

I didn't know how ta make it Quest-editable, so I did all my edits via Notepad++.

That should be good, it make the game more better.
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:53 pm

zxcfrtyuiop wrote:That might be fun i hope the wolf have at least 2 gold in there so that i don't get stuck with no way to heal my HP back.

You should always have a free way available to you to Sleep. Eventually I'll have some benefit to sleeping in a bed you paid for rather than in someone, but for now you're actually kinda getting ripped off if you pay for a room.

ArgobargSoup wrote:-Looked at Essa's description code, liked it, and did something similar fer the player; if ya "look at" yer companion it'll now tell ya what sorta bulges they got. Plus little tells if it's a combo belly bulge, like gurgles if it's a meal, walkin' funny if it's a butt plug, and rubs and blushes if it's a womb filler.

Nice.

ArgobargSoup wrote:I didn't know how ta make it Quest-editable, so I did all my edits via Notepad++.

Niiice.

The description stuff is something I've been meaning to get further into but haven't, so it's fine by me for you to put it up here and I'll make a link in the OP for it, but understand that I may steal your descriptions for use in the main game if you write them too well! Just clear it with Rake I guess and you're good to go.

Hey speaking of new versions BUGFIX UPDATE. I maaayyy end up with a new npc by this evening? No idea.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby zxcfrtyuiop » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:56 pm

Zixer wrote:
zxcfrtyuiop wrote:That might be fun i hope the wolf have at least 2 gold in there so that i don't get stuck with no way to heal my HP back.

You should always have a free way available to you to Sleep. Eventually I'll have some benefit to sleeping in a bed you paid for rather than in someone, but for now you're actually kinda getting ripped off if you pay for a room.

ArgobargSoup wrote:-Looked at Essa's description code, liked it, and did something similar fer the player; if ya "look at" yer companion it'll now tell ya what sorta bulges they got. Plus little tells if it's a combo belly bulge, like gurgles if it's a meal, walkin' funny if it's a butt plug, and rubs and blushes if it's a womb filler.

Nice.

ArgobargSoup wrote:I didn't know how ta make it Quest-editable, so I did all my edits via Notepad++.

Niiice.

The description stuff is something I've been meaning to get further into but haven't, so it's fine by me for you to put it up here and I'll make a link in the OP for it, but understand that I may steal your descriptions for use in the main game if you write them too well! Just clear it with Rake I guess and you're good to go.

Hey speaking of new versions BUGFIX UPDATE. I maaayyy end up with a new npc by this evening? No idea.

You mean that paying Essa 2 gold for a room to sleep in is not better then sleeping for free?
zxcfrtyuiop
Been posting for a bit

Postby Zixer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:12 pm

zxcfrtyuiop wrote:You mean that paying Essa 2 gold for a room to sleep in is not better then sleeping for free?

That's correct; when the rpg mechanics are more complete it'll give you some kind of buff, but every innkeeper will have an "alternate" room or two and for now they're just as good.

I should really work more on mechanics rather than keep adding npcs but I guess I'm just really bad at that because NEW UPDATE hint try the sewers also if there are any bugs here please let me know because after tomorrow morning I won't have this computer ok bye!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Monopolus » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 pm

I'd ask if you can keep a version number on the first page, so people can see what the most recently updated version is when they hit the download link.
Monopolus
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game