Working on a Text Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a Text Game

Postby RumiBelly » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 am

I ate my partner and switched allowing a wolf to attack me. I switched back due to the attacking wolf and got a load of errors due to my partner being in my stomach,
Error running script: Error compiling expression '"You feel " object.prefix + space + object.alias + " squirming within your stomach."': SyntaxError: Unexpected token "object___DOT___prefix" <IDENTIFIER>; expected one of <EOF>Line: 1, Column: 13
and even more when I was eaten as well
The wolf digests Pyth!
Pyth collapses..
Error running script: Too many parameters passed to MoveObject function - 3 passed, but only 2 expected
The wolf digests Pyth!
Pyth collapses..
Error running script: Too many parameters passed to MoveObject function - 3 passed, but only 2 expected
repeat until I struggled out of the wolf. then it went back to the first error until I released my partner

later I was eaten by the huge snake with two wolves in it's stomach
Pyth collapses..
You are now Babrat.
You are on a Road.
You can go north or west.
A wolf attacks!
A wolf attacks!
Error running script: Error evaluating expression 'ObjectDictionaryItem(targetDictionary, result)': The given key was not present in the dictionary.
the error happened when entered 1
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:53 am

We definitely got an error now when you swallow one of the characters.
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:19 am

Whoops forgot a +.

https://mega.co.nz/#!Zdd2lJQY!31P2QnXFtZhppojmLydqk5Of_pqEL49_WARvBA8xdJU

Well, that's embarrassing. I could have sworn I'd fixed that.

That should solve at least two of those problems. Possibly the third but if not (probably not) I'll just need some extra handlers for a player death mid input
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:44 pm

unfortunately I still get the present ASL error...guess I won't be able to play test your game
Firon
---

Postby Snowytiggy » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:24 am

I too am getting the error with the asl version number
Snowytiggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:13 pm

New short update! Features AV.

https://mega.co.nz/#!dFFHhITB!LiqHumhplIf3N4Az6UEoXdTm3gbgDo8iVk5ifeiL-EI

Use "clench" to bring something from your intestines to your gut.

Will probably start work on choosing player species next so if y'all have anything you want in I'm open to suggestions.

Also, anyone getting the ASL number, do post your current version. Miiiight be a cheatish way around it?
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:24 pm

O_o... New version, Av works. Is digestion in? I see the wolf Digest, but so far no character digest?
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:52 pm

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13990849/

Same engine, might have a few things that could help. First thing that came to mind when I saw you were using quest. I'll have more to comment when I play your game.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby Firon » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:40 pm

Zixer, I'm using quest version 5.4.1 for the very thing Dracon_kitsune just posted

Gineb has a lot of problems with later quest versions as runs best from 5.4.1....thusly why I wouldn't want to update the engine
Firon
---

Postby RakeVuri » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:56 pm

Firon wrote:Zixer, I'm using quest version 5.4.1 for the very thing Dracon_kitsune just posted

Gineb has a lot of problems with later quest versions as runs best from 5.4.1....thusly why I wouldn't want to update the engine

Quest 5.5 isn't completely faulty. My only real complaint with it was that Pause() was removed from the engine, which was a simple way to freeze all player input for a certain amount of time. I haven't really come up with a better way to go about it, but wait for keypress works pretty well, and SetTimeout() is probably the second best thing to Pause().

And you should probably update Quest at some point. Gineb 0.6.2 uses Quest 5.5.1 now!
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Zixer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:15 am

Whereaminow27 wrote:O_o... New version, Av works. Is digestion in? I see the wolf Digest, but so far no character digest?

Digestion has always been in, but right now player characters won't digest each other. They'll digest animals and whatnot.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:17 pm

RakeVuri wrote:
Firon wrote:Zixer, I'm using quest version 5.4.1 for the very thing Dracon_kitsune just posted

Quest 5.5 isn't completely faulty. My only real complaint with it was that Pause() was removed from the engine, which was a simple way to freeze all player input for a certain amount of time. I haven't really come up with a better way to go about it, but wait for keypress works pretty well, and SetTimeout() is probably the second best thing to Pause().

And you should probably update Quest at some point. Gineb 0.6.2 uses Quest 5.5.1 now!

Yeah, I see there is a bunch of stuff wrong with Gineb. lots of errors, but a few full on crashes. :? Yeah, cant digest other characters yet -_- be glad when npcs, and details of stuff get here :)
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:13 pm

Whereaminow27 wrote: be glad when npcs, and details of stuff get here :)

Believe me, I will too!

Tomorrow evening I will see about a way to cheat around the asl error. Will let y'all know then.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Big_D » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:32 pm

this way be fun to to play, but with out some way to make it turn based the combat is very one sided since you can only just type faster than the system can attack, but i do look forward to new content
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Update!

https://mega.co.nz/#!VIMwmRLQ!TYY02yGo0Zvceu7MMdxrg6nvTPT2l3EPKF1uezwcxkM

Added some bugfixes, fixed how enemies flee after being regurgitated outside of the wilderness, etc, and added species options and a single NPC.

First off, anyone who's eaten an enemy then let them go may have noticed that they immediately flee; this was in order to keep them out of areas they shouldn't be in, but it caused them to flee places they shouldn't normally be able to escape from. Like your stomach. They now flee only if they're outdoors, in some place they should not be.

There's now species options for character generation. It's a very basic list for now. These do nothing now, but later you'll have some more options in different contexts depending on your species. You'll also be able to change your species, through methods you can probably guess.

There's a shrine in the town you could walk into to revive your bro if they died in combat and/or someone's gut. The shrine now holds a statue which you touch to meet the single npc of the game so far, who will revive your companion after some time has passed.

On a side note, much later when I have more of a game down, you'll have something of an alignment counter that changes with your actions. Push it too far to the low end, and you might see a very different npc dealing with your afterlife business...

I did try to cheat around the asl error. Didn't work. I'll let y'all know if something changes.

Next on the list is content- more places, more people, and more vore types.

Also: If you ever see an error, please post it. I'm trying to get rid of actual errors or crashes ASAP. The code's a little sloppy now, and just because I say I've fixed an error doesn't mean I haven't made the same mistake somewhere else in the code.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Whereaminow27 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:27 pm

O_o..... Keep up the work, Dam this is really starting to actually come together pretty quick.
Whereaminow27
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:18 pm

New Update! Surprise!

https://mega.co.nz/#!sF1jVTZI!UgCVaqTzVUa_f55D-tF8EcVshIDOVmplkwnu7oie2sw

Added an innkeeper. And sleep mechanics. Sleeping will cause the reincarnation timer to complete.

Also, added a new NPC, Essa the innkeeper! She's friendly enough, but may.... overreact if you don't have enough money for a room...
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Mab17 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:28 am

...Do we have any money in the first place? XD
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:36 am

the ASL error is still present
Firon
---

Postby Zhao » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:29 am

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but while the wolf continues to digest you in it's stomach, the huge snake does not.
It eats you, digests once, and then their are no other digest attacks, giving you infinite time to struggle. I am using the newest version of Quest.
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game