Working on a Text Game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Working on a Text Game

Postby Chaos199416 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:43 pm

Zixer can you possibly give me an updated link at least i can't seem to find one
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:06 pm

Chaos199416 wrote:Zixer can you possibly give me an updated link at least i can't seem to find one

This update's not out yet, sorry for getting your hopes up. My most recent update is in my first post, and there's a few mods on the last page. I'll have an update link when I finish, which could be a while, dunno.

Been making hella progress today, though- the sewer dungeon's mapped out and has room logic, and I just need to program the weird parts of the enemies' behavior before that's all done.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaos199416 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Okay thanks for letting me know i am glad that you actually keep people updated
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:24 am

You know what forget the cult

https://mega.nz/#!0RUXVAKQ!sv3vEPfLXnqS ... YrKcL77VJM

NONSENSE ADDED:
-Unbirth Transformations
-Digest/Indigest commands
-Kerva Dungeon- Kerva's offering spelunking tours after you first find her! Be careful of what's lurking around in some of those caves... (couple of ub scenes)
-Sewer Dungeon- The sewer has monsters in it now. Who would've guessed. They seem to be dragging people off somewhere...
-various bug fixes
-new intro
-various text formattings
-various stuff I forgot
-an exposition lizard in the mountain area. He can undo transformations.

There's some plot stuff for kerva's dungeon to add, some sex scenes for the sewer dungeon end (and something to do with that npc you can rescue), and a cult that I didn't add here- that all comes a later day. Next time I think I'll work on fleshing out the RPG mechanics.

There's probably a ton of bugs with this now. please let me know if you see anything at all that looks off.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheDragonDrake » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:26 pm

First bug I've noticed is that you can't swap to a character that you've consumed in any way. Quest crashes whenever you try >.>
TheDragonDrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Well, that's a problem. Let me see what I can find.

Edit: looks like the inventory swap is trying to recurse itself, i guess???? quest this is why no one likes you.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get it fixed along with whatever anyone else finds in the next day or so

Edit 2: I was using the wrong regex standard and it was trying to swap organs around. Previous statement applies.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:35 pm

Zixer wrote:Well, that's a problem. Let me see what I can find.

Edit: looks like the inventory swap is trying to recurse itself, i guess???? quest this is why no one likes you.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get it fixed along with whatever anyone else finds in the next day or so

Edit 2: I was using the wrong regex standard and it was trying to swap organs around. Previous statement applies.

i seem to now lack the ability to submit to things..... was that just in the mods or... did it get turned off somehow?
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:12 pm

Rake's mod, sorry!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zixer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Odd bug with this version; went down ta the sewers and started eatin' goo gators as I explored. After digestin' one or two, I was suddenly gettin' "You can feel Seashell Locket squirming in your stomach" messages. Maybe a wanderin' gator ended up triggerin' that sequence fer itself?
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:05 pm

...this is related to an old bug where that item appeared randomly on the sewer floor. Never found out how it was happening.

You have no idea how many ways that message should be impossible. To fix the message, try taking a dive off the cliff to meet kerva to get the item normally. Will try to kludge it tomorrow.

E: also if you want to fully explore the sewer don't forget to try to get ate. Forgot to mention that in the update.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:26 pm

Zixer wrote:...this is related to an old bug where that item appeared randomly on the sewer floor. Never found out how it was happening.

You have no idea how many ways that message should be impossible. To fix the message, try taking a dive off the cliff to meet kerva to get the item normally. Will try to kludge it tomorrow.

E: also if you want to fully explore the sewer don't forget to try to get ate. Forgot to mention that in the update.

Did take a dive afterwards, but I didn't get the normal shell locket event message. Made it back ta the top of the cliff, and still got the shell locket message. Managed ta release the locket, but then it just became invisible in gone.

Maybe instead of checkin' fer a null location, make an empty room fer it (and maybe future items) and then check if the location is there?
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:59 pm

That's actually exactly what I've been doing- it's labeled NullObject and it holds items and the creature image dummy objects you use to interact with things in your stomach. Somehow the locket's... escaped
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby luxario » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:37 pm

The hell is the seashell necklace for, is it just a filler object at the moment?
luxario
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:12 am

Zixer wrote:That's actually exactly what I've been doing- it's labeled NullObject and it holds items and the creature image dummy objects you use to interact with things in your stomach. Somehow the locket's... escaped

Then maybe a second room fer objects that's separate from the creature image dummy things? Maybe the locket gets carried along by one of the Goo Gator things somehow.

luxario wrote:The hell is the seashell necklace for, is it just a filler object at the moment?

Hint: turns out that "give <object> to <subject>" is a command. Somethin' might happen if ya give it ta the right person...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jaxed » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:51 am

How do you offer yourself to predators in this version? The old "offer (predator name)" isn't working.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:53 am

Jaxed wrote:How do you offer yourself to predators in this version? The old "offer (predator name)" isn't working.

Zixer wrote:Rake's mod, sorry!

ArgobargSoup wrote:Then maybe a second room fer objects that's separate from the creature image dummy things? Maybe the locket gets carried along by one of the Goo Gator things somehow.

Yeah I'm just gonna throw it on the cliff floor for now and scour the goo creature references.

ArgobargSoup wrote:Hint: turns out that "give <object> to <subject>" is a command. Somethin' might happen if ya give it ta the right person...

This is advice you should all take for all adventure games! Whenever you get a new thing, rub it on everyone.

Spoiler: show
This one only works on two people for now though

Edit: shoot you should probably be able to give it to Elvon too. Next update!
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaxed » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:22 am

Aw, I enjoyed the traveling partners having some vorish fun with one another. I'm still really enjoying all you've added, though!
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Zixer » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Jaxed wrote:Aw, I enjoyed the traveling partners having some vorish fun with one another. I'm still really enjoying all you've added, though!

Hey thanks! Honestly I should probably be adding that function in myself but I'm lazy.

Speaking of which, the last bug update s here- https://mega.nz/#!VI0SzRIQ!6rWD6PUsMwQk ... x1B-2vx7Tw -and it's the last update for a long while since it looks like I'll be loosing actual computer access for some time. Wish me luck!

Hopefully the locket thing is fixed, and you can now give it to Elvon.
Zixer
Somewhat familiar

Postby luxario » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:54 pm

I did actually attempt to give it to a whole ton of folks, just didn't seem to work
luxario
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game