Devourment API resource

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment API resource

Postby Brutaller » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:14 pm

[quote="ryanshowseason3"]
First off it seems to be 15 lower than the posted value in the MCM.
[quote]

I've read it somewhere.... variable05= [skill]-15, i believe since basic devourment skill is 15. :) good luck! we need more struggling modders like you! I'm trying to fiddle with creation kit from time to time but it's hard with no experience in anything around that area :lol:
Brutaller
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:07 pm

So I'm guessing the force dialog function defaults to initiating the dialog in the devourment dialog quest.

In any future iterations it would be really nice to be able to change a devourment quest var so that it would activate a different branch and topic that we could populate ourselves.

I foresee a lot of mod collisions in the near future all editing the devourment dialog quest.

Or am I mistaken? Is it just initiating a normal dialog through a forcegreet or something like that and loading topics normally?

Either way my work is going pretty well although it is hard to test for 100% coverage once you have multiple infos on random.

I've got...

16 dialog paths for strangers to eat or be eaten. 3 are for being eaten.
13 dialogs when the player is digested.
13 dialog paths for after the player is vomited and survives

All I have is the meat of my mod. The 13 different paths for talking to the pred while inside them. These are the biggest. I'm not done writing them yet even.

I had thought of doing this for the other side of things and asking to eat strangers, but this is already going to take another week putting it together and I will need some play testers. The other side will also require some additional scripting, I'm not prepared to f around with that right now.

There are so many dead functions in skyrim that just don't f'ing work. If this were my job I would quit, and I program for a living.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Erecant » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:16 am

I'd be happy to playtest for you. As, I am sure are many of us around here. Just send out an all-call, it's pretty exciting to see some progress on work with the API, you'll have no shortage of bug testers and feedback on writing.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby squeekydragon » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:52 am

I would also be happy to play test. If you decide you want testers let me know.
squeekydragon
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:32 am

I'd be happy to playtest.

edit:
Also I think it's loading dialogue normally. Except the devourment dialogue branch is a blocking branch with a higher priority than the normal dialogue branches and special variable checks for whether the player is prey and such. So so long as its criteria are met it overrides and blocks the other dialogue topics. My theory is if you modify the devourment dialogue topics so that they have a new variable check (customdevourmentdialogue==0) or something..and then have your own dialogue topics have identical criteria to the original devourment dialogue except (customdevourmentdialogue==1) then it should work like a charm. Though you might need to add a handler to trigger customdevourmentdialogue=0 when you get regurgitated. otherwise you'd have bandits talking like you coaxed them into eating you..which'd be WEIRD.
darkevilme
---

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 am

darkevilme wrote: Though you might need to add a handler to trigger customdevourmentdialogue=0 when you get regurgitated. otherwise you'd have bandits talking like you coaxed them into eating you..which'd be WEIRD.

There are three oddities with the dialog on regurgitation.
First the player has to go talk with the pred who ate them. There was no obvious way to force the dialog well even with the force dialog call. It was pretty unreliable after being regurgitated.

To guarantee stability I clear out the variables for my mod 10 seconds after you are regurgitated. They clear immediately on death. So you only have a 10 second window to start to talk to your pred after they vomit you up.

Second to track the pred that ate you I add a spell that does nothing through scripts and the dialog has conditionals to detect that they have spells. Meaning if you run ASIS you should turn it off for this mod or people will be talking like they ate you, because it will add the spell to random npcs
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby hexcorsist » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi just a minor request to vegan could you include a function called
UnRegisterDevourmentEventHandler(DevourmentEventHandler yourmod)
hexcorsist
Somewhat familiar

Postby megabenito » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:56 am

Hey, where I can download the Devourment API? I cand find it. :?
megabenito
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sideromelane » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:49 am

megabenito wrote:Hey, where I can download the Devourment API? I cand find it. :?

Example scripts are included with the 0.65c release, which was the last official one before Vegan departed. I myself will only be updating the scripts *if* I can improve on the functionality.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Isha » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:32 pm

Hey! Slow old me, I just found this thread XD...

I'm wondering if there's any way to adjust or alter when the devourment abilities are given to the player? I kind of want to set up a quest so that the player has to talk to a specific person to 'activate' the powers.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:35 pm

Isha wrote:Hey! Slow old me, I just found this thread XD...

I'm wondering if there's any way to adjust or alter when the devourment abilities are given to the player? I kind of want to set up a quest so that the player has to talk to a specific person to 'activate' the powers.

You could simply script your mod to remove the abilities on load as well.

Then add them again when it is appropriate.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Isha » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 pm

Heh. Figured it was something like that. How would I do so? I can't see anything in the API examples that leads me in that direction. Is it a specific command or something I have to access via the console...?
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:25 am

Isha wrote:Heh. Figured it was something like that. How would I do so? I can't see anything in the API examples that leads me in that direction. Is it a specific command or something I have to access via the console...?

Adding and removing abilities is something any mod could do. The devourment api examples don't have an example of it. You'd probably want to look for the required functions in the Bethesda documentation for the creation kit. I would look for the member functions for actors. I imagine it would be there somewhere.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Isha » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:47 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Isha wrote:Heh. Figured it was something like that. How would I do so? I can't see anything in the API examples that leads me in that direction. Is it a specific command or something I have to access via the console...?

Adding and removing abilities is something any mod could do. The devourment api examples don't have an example of it. You'd probably want to look for the required functions in the Bethesda documentation for the creation kit. I would look for the member functions for actors. I imagine it would be there somewhere.

:Edit: Never mind, found a sneaky workaround for the not-swallow thingy.

::Mega-*EDIT*::

It's all fixed and working! Blood of the Pred is getting better every day XD
Isha
Participator

Postby venomacer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:17 pm

Okay, so I was testing the whoSheAte function and it's giving me a clusterfuck of preys. Every time I invoke it via a swallow or dead digestion event, it gives me 128 items in the array it should return, even if I've only had my character consume one. Anyone else having problems with the function?
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:05 pm

Well here I am necro'ing this thread.

I'm having problems with disable escape.

Switch lethal has already been called and I'm in lethal digestion. The player is pred and I call disable escape.

But it doesn't seem to actually trap the prey. I still go into the regurgitation stage and bring them back up eventually.

Disappointing.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby jessimitnu » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:38 am

Would anyone be able to explain how to set up the Disable Escape function when a player is a prey?
jessimitnu
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game