Vore War 05A

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore War 04D

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:34 pm

The game crashes if a unit tries to walk off the map, kinda annoying when it's the last enemy unit left.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:12 pm

situations where the game crashes and people don't provide an error log are situations I do not try to troubleshoot.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:37 pm

Oh I just thought of a New stat you could add.

A digest stat. The higher it being the faster your character can digest thus emptying your stomach faster and allowing for the consumption of more enemies.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Oh I just thought of a New stat you could add.

A digest stat. The higher it being the faster your character can digest thus emptying your stomach faster and allowing for the consumption of more enemies.

We have far too many stats as it is..and people can already break the game battle system over their knee with mass devouring attacks which are already absurdly powerful.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 pm

darkevilme wrote:

We have far too many stats as it is..and people can already break the game battle system over their knee with mass devouring attacks which are already absurdly powerful.

Yes but, 1 breaking the game is fun. It's enjoyable to run ruffshot over the enemy. 2 It isn't fun to sit there at the end of a match for 10 extra turns digesting. 3 It would also be a danger to you as you would have less time to save devoured units, and less chance of escaping. 4 I don't think there are too many stats. I'm always wanting for more to upgrade on my characters. I hate throwing away levels trying to get Health upgrades.

Might I also suggest doubling the ammount of Enemies possible. I enjoyed fighting the hoards, I just didnt like the game crashing. A consistant 30 enemies wouldn't be so bad.

That1guy wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:The quoting got kid of messed up on this message, so I only just realised what you were asking me. Personally if a recruit had a Strenght of under 10 I would dissmiss them outright. Over ten I'd give them an Axe. I alway put points into my Voracity when given the chance so my girls could eat the enemy at any opportunity. This Made Will mute, because you can't get swallowed if you've got an enemy in your belly. I'd then Augment their strenght as fully as possible. Once I had a team of strong enough girls that I was reasonably sure I wasn't about to lose half of them in any single fight, I started Devouring ALL towns down to the Last, thus getting points twords levels, and leveling all their stats, particuarly hoping for Stomach as it allowed me to insta kill up to 4 enemies at a time.

After that you have more EXP then you know what to do with and you can take any threat as long as the game doesn't crash.

Interesting. A strip mining strategy of sorts then? I swore that you must have grinded that army as much as possible but I see how you could get that strong by just doing that. Well played my good man.

Its actually not hard at all. You don't need to grind. You just go to one base at the begining of the game. Get 8 or 9 girls with a strenght Greater then ten. One of them's bound to have a strenght of like 15 or so. Then just defend your self. For a couple turns. Any girl that gets a Voracity of 20+ becomes your main after leveling up a bit. Basically at that point you can hit once then Vore. They will level up quickly because of that and start taking on more heavy attacks from enemies, then the name of the game becomes gang up on enemies with your other characters and finish them with a Vore from the Girl best at Voracity in the smaller group. Very quickly will your First girl level up to increadible hights especially if you get alot of Voractiy and Stomach upgrades out of luck quickly, but the other girls won't trail far behind. It does have a problem with leaving a very small number of girls in the dust. Two or three maybe. but once your team is strong enough forcing their levels are easy, by devouring towns, and using your strong girls first and leting the weak ones finish.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:57 pm

darkevilme wrote:situations where the game crashes and people don't provide an error log are situations I do not try to troubleshoot.

There's nothing in the error log and I'd assume you could reproduce it by walking a unit off the map in any fight ever.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby EtPerMun » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 am

Funny you should say that...

EtPerMun
Participator

Postby darkevilme » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:13 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Yes but, 1 breaking the game is fun. It's enjoyable to run ruffshot over the enemy. 2 It isn't fun to sit there at the end of a match for 10 extra turns digesting. 3 It would also be a danger to you as you would have less time to save devoured units, and less chance of escaping. 4 I don't think there are too many stats. I'm always wanting for more to upgrade on my characters. I hate throwing away levels trying to get Health upgrades.

Might I also suggest doubling the ammount of Enemies possible. I enjoyed fighting the hoards, I just didnt like the game crashing. A consistant 30 enemies wouldn't be so bad.

I could make the enemy armies have a higher cap. Though I'd need to reconsider the way armies are handled, the 16 slot thing is the primary constraint.

As for stats.
Well you've said will is easily made redundant so I could do with losing that and putting vore resistance on another stat, possibly the same one that runs health.
I'm not sure if it's worth having two stats controlling vore when I could easily compact stomach capacity and devouring chance into a single value.
And so forth.
Hell by the sound of it people seldom bother raising parry or block so maybe I could merge those into a single defence stat.

These are all considerations for vore emblem though, which I'm not working on but will receive the abundance of lessons learned from vore war.

edit:
horde mode up. Not backwards compatible with earlier saves. But possibly more of a challenge. The cap on army size and garrison size for the AI is now 32 instead of 16. No promises of stability are offered.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m42rzzv623cf1js/vorewar_04hordemode.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby Gpby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:56 am

Got a bug for ya.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 32
at vorewar.Actor_Unit.moveRightUp(Actor_Unit.java:427)
at vorewar.Actor_Unit.Move(Actor_Unit.java:336)
at vorewar.TacticalAI.RandomWalk(TacticalAI.java:176)
at vorewar.TacticalAI.FindFriend(TacticalAI.java:321)
at vorewar.TacticalAI.RunLinefighter(TacticalAI.java:357)
at vorewar.TacticalAI.RunAI(TacticalAI.java:76)
at vorewar.TacticalMode.AI(TacticalMode.java:727)
at vorewar.TacticalMode.Update(TacticalMode.java:433)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:202)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:190)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:12)
Gpby
New to the forum

Re: Vore War 04E

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:55 am

Gpby wrote:Got a bug for ya.

Joy. Fix Up.
darkevilme
---

Postby Gpby » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:49 pm

In addition, F5 doesn't seem to be saving the game. No save game message comes up and the saves file is still empty. I've tried pressing it battle mode, the overworld, and in the army options.
Gpby
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

F5 works only in overworld, and seems to work fine on my machine. Be sure you have the function keys enabled and such, and the files aren't somewhere java wont have write permission.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:00 am

Hey I thought of a Fix for the enemy being a push over with my stategy of abusing Voracity.

Remove their belly limit restrictions. If they have a chance to Vore you no mater what, you can't make your self near invincible by simply Voring first turn.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:22 am

If I remove all limits the graphics are going to well...break.
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:46 am

darkevilme wrote:If I remove all limits the graphics are going to well...break.

Couldn't you just assign Belly for 4 to anything after 4? The point is simply to make you incapable of defending your self from Vore by simply taking the initiative which you always get, not to make it so one unit can go around and get your enitre team. Though I would love a Higher Vore Cap and bigger bellies, I understand that you don't want to work on much else but the code currently. You need that will Skill. Can't alway prioritise Strength Voracity and Belly above all else.

Anyway I was just spitballin an Idea I had to fix my method of Cheap Victory.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:24 am

its actually not a code issue with the bellies..bellies bigger than size 4 wouldn't fit in the 64 by 64 pixel sprite frame.

I will consider if there's another solution though. stand by
darkevilme
---

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:29 pm

darkevilme wrote:its actually not a code issue with the bellies..bellies bigger than size 4 wouldn't fit in the 64 by 64 pixel sprite frame.

I will consider if there's another solution though. stand by

I can think of 2 potential fixes 1, have the belly grow no larger then when it contains 4 regardless of how many occupants it has.

2 Apply the belly expansion to a layer thats on top of everything but doesn't affect anything. It's just a visual effect that in no way affects the character.

... I thought of a 3rd one. Embrace the problem. Let it make the character take up more spaces. They'd grow a larger hit box so they would be more vulnerable, they'd be less mobile as the would not be able to pass some of the obsticles, and it would remove the headache of trying to find a way around the problem.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:51 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:... I thought of a 3rd one. Embrace the problem. Let it make the character take up more spaces. They'd grow a larger hit box so they would be more vulnerable, they'd be less mobile as the would not be able to pass some of the obsticles, and it would remove the headache of trying to find a way around the problem.

He's saying a belly that big wouldn't actually fit in the space for the character sprites he uses, meaning it'd wind up clipping off the edges of the sprite once it grew too big.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:... I thought of a 3rd one. Embrace the problem. Let it make the character take up more spaces. They'd grow a larger hit box so they would be more vulnerable, they'd be less mobile as the would not be able to pass some of the obsticles, and it would remove the headache of trying to find a way around the problem.

He's saying a belly that big wouldn't actually fit in the space for the character sprites he uses, meaning it'd wind up clipping off the edges of the sprite once it grew too big.

And thats why I'm saying when they out grow the existing space start alocating more spaces to their sprites. The'd take up more space on the grid, but that would be a good thing, and offer more area to detail them in.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:44 pm

I'm just going to say, rather than go into details..that it really isn't as simple as you believe and would require a significant reworking of the graphical engine..which i'm not going to do for this project. The engine is constrained into creating characters by combining 64 by 64 pixel squares from a single large spritesheet in order to create characters you see on the field.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game