Action RPG: Sieeton Chapter 1: DEMO download ready

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Action RPG: Sieeton Chapter 1: DEMO download ready

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:44 am

FoxyVixen21 wrote:Update:

Chapter 1 will contain:
* more than 10 different enemies
* A few NPCs that will try trick you into being eaten by them
* 2 towns
* 2 different areas (forest, and the plains surrounding town 2)
* 3 'Story' quests-lines
* About 15 side quests
* 4 different armors
* 5 different weapons
* 4 Different spells

No date on when it will be completed yet. As I am still making improvements to the actual engine as I get further into the game. If there is enough interest I may post another demo in between now and the full release of chapter 1.

I also haven't got much feedback on what the demo I have already posted. So any comments on that would be appreciated too.

I didn't realy want to comment on the demo because I didn't want to be too harsh.

It honestly at this point feels like there's less to do, but more hassle in doing it, with the map being bigger and the quests being fewer. Everything is so far away, and it took me for ever to find the Forrest Spirit.

Also I ran into a glitch where after I fought the forrest spirit, I became slow and could no regen my speed.

I also think the Scaling belly could use a little work, it gets realy pixelated after just a few enemies.

But this is just a Demo. It looks like a great start, but thats all it is, which is why I am hesitant to write this. There just isn't enough in the way of completed content for a fair Critique.

Hope I didn't knock your mood down. This is still quite impressive. More then most can come close to doing, it just isn't far enough along for us to realy start loving the game.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Salanth » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:14 am

I made a note to comment on this some time ago but I forgot about it later. Anyway,I appreciate the fact that it's different from the standard rpgmaker game on this forum, but it does have a few flaws. Hitting enemies is finicky as your range is so short (and it seems like the hitbox is set up in such a way that having enemies be northwest of you makes it easier to hit them than in front of you, assuming your character facing east) but on the other hand making it a lot easier to hit them will probably make the game too easy. So I'm not sure how you could solve it.

As far as bugs go when you load a game there is no music until you go into a zone where there is different music from the zone where you loaded in. Also, your character can still walk around in the crafting/shop screen, but considering how there seem to be a few new walls appearing when you do I get the feeling that you knew this already.
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
I didn't realy want to comment on the demo because I didn't want to be too harsh.

It honestly at this point feels like there's less to do, but more hassle in doing it, with the map being bigger and the quests being fewer. Everything is so far away, and it took me for ever to find the Forrest Spirit.

Also I ran into a glitch where after I fought the forrest spirit, I became slow and could no regen my speed.

I also think the Scaling belly could use a little work, it gets realy pixelated after just a few enemies.

But this is just a Demo. It looks like a great start, but thats all it is, which is why I am hesitant to write this. There just isn't enough in the way of completed content for a fair Critique.

Hope I didn't knock your mood down. This is still quite impressive. More then most can come close to doing, it just isn't far enough along for us to realy start loving the game.

Nope, that stuff is good. I will checkout the problem with the Forest Spirit and losing speed, was it after she hit you with a vine?

I can change the graphic that the belly scales uses, I might use a bigger image and shrink it down, instead of using a smaller image and scaling it upwards. Apart from the image does the concept seem to work ok?

In the full version there is suppose to be more on the maps, and since the quest to find the forest spirit was hard I might make it more clear to find her.

Thanks for the honest feedback, it is what I am looking for, it doesn't need to be all positive. (Just as long as it isn't mean)

That1guy wrote:I made a note to comment on this some time ago but I forgot about it later. Anyway,I appreciate the fact that it's different from the standard rpgmaker game on this forum, but it does have a few flaws. Hitting enemies is finicky as your range is so short (and it seems like the hitbox is set up in such a way that having enemies be northwest of you makes it easier to hit them than in front of you, assuming your character facing east) but on the other hand making it a lot easier to hit them will probably make the game too easy. So I'm not sure how you could solve it.

As far as bugs go when you load a game there is no music until you go into a zone where there is different music from the zone where you loaded in. Also, your character can still walk around in the crafting/shop screen, but considering how there seem to be a few new walls appearing when you do I get the feeling that you knew this already.

Yes, I am aware of the hitbox I am still working on it. I might make that a priority for the next version.

Music was only just implemented and I am still working on a system. I need to have some kind of object controlling the music.

I didn't know the player could move around in the shop and crafting screen. I will fix that next version.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Fixes that need to be made:
* Fix belly scale graphic
* Forest Spirit speed bug
* Better direction with quests
* Hitboxes
* Music system
* Disable movement during shop and crafting menu
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:25 am

FoxyVixen21 wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:

Nope, that stuff is good. I will checkout the problem with the Forest Spirit and losing speed, was it after she hit you with a vine?

I can change the graphic that the belly scales uses, I might use a bigger image and shrink it down, instead of using a smaller image and scaling it upwards. Apart from the image does the concept seem to work ok?

In the full version there is suppose to be more on the maps, and since the quest to find the forest spirit was hard I might make it more clear to find her.

Thanks for the honest feedback, it is what I am looking for, it doesn't need to be all positive. (Just as long as it isn't mean)

That1guy wrote:I made a note to comment on this some time ago but I forgot about it later. Anyway,I appreciate the fact that it's different from the standard rpgmaker game on this forum, but it does have a few flaws. Hitting enemies is finicky as your range is so short (and it seems like the hitbox is set up in such a way that having enemies be northwest of you makes it easier to hit them than in front of you, assuming your character facing east) but on the other hand making it a lot easier to hit them will probably make the game too easy. So I'm not sure how you could solve it.

Yes, I am aware of the hitbox I am still working on it. I might make that a priority for the next version.

Music was only just implemented and I am still working on a system. I need to have some kind of object controlling the music.

I didn't know the player could move around in the shop and crafting screen. I will fix that next version.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Fixes that need to be made:
* Fix belly scale graphic
* Hitboxes
* Music system
* Disable movement during shop and crafting menu

Yes it was after the Vine Bind Attack.

The concept is great, but the exectuion is a little funny. The Belly scales up so minutely after each devoured enemy, which is odd when you eat Bears a couple times your size. It seems rather small for people too. I don't know what the updated belly graphic will look like so I don't know if you were already planning on fixing it.

Might I suggest multiple belly graphics depending on level of fullness. Like how it is in Vorewar, were the belly gets bigger and rounder the more enemies you've eaten. I don't know if that's feesible in the engine you've made here, and it would be an extra touch, but those extra touches are what make games feel quality.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:
Yes it was after the Vine Bind Attack.

The concept is great, but the exectuion is a little funny. The Belly scales up so minutely after each devoured enemy, which is odd when you eat Bears a couple times your size. It seems rather small for people too. I don't know what the updated belly graphic will look like so I don't know if you were already planning on fixing it.

Might I suggest multiple belly graphics depending on level of fullness. Like how it is in Vorewar, were the belly gets bigger and rounder the more enemies you've eaten. I don't know if that's feesible in the engine you've made here, and it would be an extra touch, but those extra touches are what make games feel quality.

Yes, I will look at improving the belly scales, at least I have the concept working. Another idea is to assign each monster with a size and the character can only eat up to that size. The size will also change how the belly scales up. A player might start with belly room size of 10, and a bear might take up 9 while a worm might take up 4. Which means the player can eat one bear or two worms.

I have improved the hit boxes and made the sword attack have a little bit more range.

Here are my list of things to fix before the next demo:
* Fix belly scale system - monster have size
* Music system
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:50 pm

Was wondering if everything was going okay with you Foxy. Been awhile since you last updated the thread.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 am

How's the game commin?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:05 am

It's coming ok, but I haven't done much! I have been really busy with work because Easter is coming up! Afterwards it should quiet down again. I will try and release something in a couple of weeks. I have fixed the bugs mentioned. I am still playing with the music system and I have created a new monster/npc.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sat May 02, 2015 12:20 pm

Just checking to make sure everything is alright Foxy since it's been awhile since the last update again.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sat May 02, 2015 4:00 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Just checking to make sure everything is alright Foxy since it's been awhile since the last update again.

Yes, I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that the current version of the project probably won't be finished.

The good news is I am re-creating the whole project with a new engine I am working on (which re-uses a lot of code from the previous one) and with better and more detailed art work.

The reason for the change is simple. When I first started the game with the old engine it lacked any real direction. So it is quite messy. However the new one I am working on will not have the same issue. I will be re-implementing all the features of the old one into this new one.

I also wanted the improve the artwork of the game. The old engine couldn't take bigger and detailed characters. This new one will. Here is an example:
http://imgur.com/Rpsfvzr

The character may not look as good (yet) as the old ones, but it is twice as big and will allow me add much more detail. I also wanted to add a swallowing animation which the older engine lacked as well.

I don't have an estimated date yet, but once I have been able to create the main character, the UI and stats I will release a small tech demo.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby forgreatjustice18 » Sun May 03, 2015 10:50 am

that sounds awesome!
forgreatjustice18
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:09 pm

Been a pretty long time since the last update on your remake of the game. Any new updates you can give us on how the games coming along? And if you're doing alright?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:38 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:Been a pretty long time since the last update on your remake of the game. Any new updates you can give us on how the games coming along? And if you're doing alright?

Yes, sorry for the lack of updates, I have been doing some work in the Unreal Engine. I am going to make a game with that now. So I don't when I will return to this project.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby DarkRain » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:19 am

DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby eleventh » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Having just stumbled on this, I'd like to ask if the various enemies (naga,goat girl, etc.) that were mentioned are present in the demo, or if those were only in the pre-demo stuff.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby RC8015 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:08 am

Quoting the Main post:

"Currently there is 2 quests. The worms that have invaded the farm and the forest spirit harassing the town of Duncaster."

So no, the game only has two enemies in it and was abandoned long ago
(Writing this with my phone so can't quote the main post correctly)
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby JackBright » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm

This seems promising~!
JackBright
Been posting for a bit

Postby RC8015 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Did...did you read the last post in this topic? Last update of the main post was 25 Feb 2015, and the creator even said on this page that he is doing some work with unreal engine and has no idea if/when he returns to this project...and he posted that half a year ago...I guess it's dead....
why does noone check at least the inital post, its time stamp, the creator and the last few posts of a topic before necroing...
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby eleventh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:01 pm

Yeah, that one's probably my fault for dragging the thread out into the open again. Figured this'd be the best place to ask, and forgot that any thread activity will be seen as a notable development.

Although I basically took the reply as pretty close to the resounding "no" of complete forum silence.
RC8015 wrote:Quoting the Main post:

"Currently there is 2 quests. The worms that have invaded the farm and the forest spirit harassing the town of Duncaster."

So no, the game only has two enemies in it...

Bears, lizards, plants, worms, and the spirit.
I really need to just post things without rewriting them dozens of times.
eleventh
Participator

Postby wood249 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:45 am

this was a fun demo!
wood249
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game