Action RPG: Sieeton Chapter 1: DEMO download ready

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: ActionVoreRPG (Game Maker) U13: GoatGirl and Potions

Postby komaru » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:21 pm

Potions seem to be working well, Love the goat-girl boss so much, everything about her is adorable!

EDIT: So I tried to see if I could sniff out any bugs, and here's what I found:

1. reforming after being digested by goat-girl leaves me without armor until I move.

2. Forest spirit instantly digests you if caught in her roots (maybe intentional?)

3. Trying to reform after being eaten by forest spirit pops this error:

of Create Event
for object obj_charmer:

Unable to find any instance for object index '0' name 'o_link'
at gml_Object_obj_charmer_Create_0
############################################################################################
komaru
???

Postby vore2412 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:38 pm

No errors for me except being unable to eat anything myself, just eaten by both spirit and goat girl, satyr, possibly :)
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:30 am

1. reforming after being digested by goat-girl leaves me without armor until I move.
That should be fixed now.

2. Forest spirit instantly digests you if caught in her roots (maybe intentional?)
Yes, if you are in the vines and the spirit catches you it is supposed to digested you very fast.

3. Trying to reform after being eaten by forest spirit pops this error:
That error should be gone now, when the objected was created it would look for the player if the player didn't exist it would cause a problem, now when it is created it check if the player exists.

vore2412 wrote:No errors for me except being unable to eat anything myself, just eaten by both spirit and goat girl, satyr, possibly :)

To eat anything at the lower levels the enemy's health needs to be quite low. Try putting on the armor and spamming 'V' at the NPC in the house to see if you can eat her. If that works it just means the enemy health wasn't lower enough.
Let me know how it goes.

Here is the bug fixes:
https://mega.co.nz/#!cUgwVTwQ!zX89EZSGg ... wBdDBnYjp4
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: Action RPG: Sieeton(Game Maker) U14:Shops, Amulets and R

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:22 pm

Once you start the game there will be a chest behind your character press space on it to collect a few starter items. The chest will have 2 types of armor, a sword, a magic, a ring and an amulet.

You can now purchase and sell potions at the shop NPC in the south part of the starting building. Press space to bring up the menu and press 1 to buy or 2 to sell.

Now required to see enemy health bars is an amulet or ability of life force. In the starter chest there will now be an Amulet of lesser life force that will allow you to see the health bar of weaker enemies. I have also added a magic ring to the starter items that will increase your characters intellect by 1.

I am thinking of adding a crafting and alchemy system into the game. Obtaining certain items from monsters and herbs from the ground will allow you to make items, spells, potions and armor. You would collect herbs by pressing space on the herb. - I can't promise this, but it would be an interesting challenge.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:26 pm

I tried to add a poll but it wouldn't work, it kept giving me odd answers, please make a post if you want the alchemy / crafting system
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby komaru » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:39 pm

New addition works well so far.

Crafting system sounds neat for sure!
komaru
???

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:09 am

Ok I have now played the game and I have several suggestions to make.

1 Player speed is WAY too slow, on top of it simply looking wrong, the way the kick their feet so many times for such little movement, and aside from it being irratating trying to get anywhere like that, its also increadibly inconvienient for fights. You have next to no ability to dodge, or juke the enemy at that speed, and your speed realy limits the number of foes you will be able to fight effectively later in development. The character should move at least 50% faster.

2 I know that the Inventory Key being on I seems intuitive but you can practically controle the entire game with your left hand, and the "I" Key being so far away is alot more trouble then it seems like it should be. It means stopping every now and again to look down at your keyboard and taking your hand away from where it's resting to go to your inventory. If shift isn't going to be used for a Run Key, the I would suggest that, controle, B(for bag), or G.

3 I suggest benifits to Vore. Like health regen, greater EXP, and maybe a damage buff from the greater ammount of weight you can throw into your attack, while costing in movement speed and attack speed due to the added heft. The health regen should peter off eventually so the speed nerf would be more of a con eventually. You could have it so the player can Vore as many people as they want, but would slow to a Crawl to do so, requiring them to got to the bathroom to regain their speed.

I also suggest that you add a toggel for Scat sceens. Most players aren't interested in that.

I have other suggestions but I assume that they are things that are already going to be addressed eventually as this game is still in the earliest stages of development, like a Save system and the like.

I have to commend you on your work though, this is a fantastic start, but I'm sure you agree thats all it is. Barely the start. This might hold the record for the earliest Alpha/Demo ever released on the Portal.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:06 am

"1 Player speed is WAY too slow, on top of it simply looking wrong, the way the kick their feet so many times for such little movement, and aside from it being irratating trying to get anywhere like that, its also increadibly inconvienient for fights. You have next to no ability to dodge, or juke the enemy at that speed, and your speed realy limits the number of foes you will be able to fight effectively later in development. The character should move at least 50% faster."

I am still working out the combat system, so speed will likely change. I am also thinking about adding a sprint key which will drain stamina.

["2 I know that the Inventory Key being on I seems intuitive but you can practically controle the entire game with your left hand, and the "I" Key being so far away is alot more trouble then it seems like it should be. It means stopping every now and again to look down at your keyboard and taking your hand away from where it's resting to go to your inventory. If shift isn't going to be used for a Run Key, the I would suggest that, controle, B(for bag), or G."

I like this idea, I will probably change it closer to the left.

"3 I suggest benifits to Vore. Like health regen, greater EXP, and maybe a damage buff from the greater ammount of weight you can throw into your attack, while costing in movement speed and attack speed due to the added heft. The health regen should peter off eventually so the speed nerf would be more of a con eventually. You could have it so the player can Vore as many people as they want, but would slow to a Crawl to do so, requiring them to got to the bathroom to regain their speed."

There is already a couple of benefits to vore, if you vore something you will gain whatever health it had left, you should be getting double exp for voring a creature too. I am currently investigating other buffs and debuffs. I also don't want players to be able to vore as much as they want as I want the vore skill to increase with level, including how many monsters the player can eat.

I also suggest that you add a toggel for Scat sceens. Most players aren't interested in that.

This option should be available soon.

I have to commend you on your work though, this is a fantastic start, but I'm sure you agree thats all it is. Barely the start. This might hold the record for the earliest Alpha/Demo ever released on the Portal.

It's not even in alpha, I mentioned in the first post that it is still in development, so it is pre-alpha. However putting it up this early has allowed to obtain some good feedback/suggestions and allowed me to fix some bugs before I have built them too late into the game. I want the community to be involved with the game as I am making it for them. Releasing it at this early stage allows them to see their suggestions and feedback shape the game as it happens.

Thank you for your feedback. :)
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby vore2412 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:04 pm

alright replayed, cheated slightly using q to help add a stat to each skill than ate all the enemies. Forest spirit is pretty darn tough, only way to damage really is sword, which puts you at GREAT risk of being food (not that I mind). Is there supposed to be a bear?
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Bosses eat you way too easily. I even gave myself tooooons of XP to level myself out and had like 15 in all stats, but the bosses would still eat me immediately upon touching me and I'd be unable to escape. That combined with being unable to see their health so you could eat them back in return is kinda irritating to say the least.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby komaru » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:42 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:Bosses eat you way too easily. I even gave myself tooooons of XP to level myself out and had like 15 in all stats, but the bosses would still eat me immediately upon touching me and I'd be unable to escape. That combined with being unable to see their health so you could eat them back in return is kinda irritating to say the least.

Hmm, escape should be pretty easy at full health at least (unless you get hit with the vine-bolt spell on the plant boss, which is essentially instant death atm).

As for HP, in the chest at the start, you should get a ring (or neck, forget which) that gives you the ability to see enemy HP over their head.

The problem I see with voring bosses atm (If it's even intended to be able to do so.) is that it requires you to be right on their hitbox, and atm it seems as though bosses auto-vore on contact (or at least, have a very high HP threshold, giving little to no opportunity.)
komaru
???

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:55 am

Komaru is correct, there is an amulet in the chest that will let you see enemy health. This is a feature I will extend on in the full game.

Yeah, I am still trying to work out a good balance, your feedback is valuable. It's hard to make a game on your own, since I have made the game I know how the bosses will react to certain things. Having other people let me know of issues allows me to adjust things accordingly. I did intend to make the vines almost insta-vore if people think that is to hard I can change it.

As for the Goat Girl boss, I might change it so she needs to hit you two or three times to give you a better chance.

The bear hasn't been added yet. The next version should have herbs, alchemy, an option to turn off or on the scat endings and maybe crafting of items.
Last edited by FoxyVixen21 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:56 am

Yeah. That's the problem I've been having.

Also I haven't checked to see if this was fixed in the new version, but when my struggle meter filled with the plant boss (no vine spell) I digested instantly rather than escaping
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:00 am

Schpadoinkle wrote:Yeah. That's the problem I've been having.

Also I haven't checked to see if this was fixed in the new version, but when my struggle meter filled with the plant boss (no vine spell) I digested instantly rather than escaping

That's not suppose to happen, I will check that out too.
Thanks
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Re: Action RPG: Sieeton (Game Maker) U15: Alchemy

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:05 am

You can now create potions if you have the right herbs and an empty vial (which you can buy from the shop) and you walk up to the alchemy table and press space. There are 2 types of herbs on the first map red grass and purple flowers just walk up to them and press space to collect them.

I have changed the inventory button to B.

You can also toggle scat with '0' (Zero) now. At little red S will disappear and appear near the bottom right of the screen, if there is a red S that means scat is enabled.

I have slowed down the forest spirit's digestion, and set the goat girl to normal AI for the moment while I revamp her.

download: https://mega.co.nz/#!QRIjgaRb!0Ds7Vibe2 ... 8fqYTv33pQ

I want to start migrating equipment and stats over to the character sheet during the next couple of development versions.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby komaru » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am

Alchemy and scat toggle both seem to work well so far.

Also seems as though (at high levels at least, like 13-14) the thresholds for vore on bosses is much lower now, so overleveled players will be able to vore them in the future.
komaru
???

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:02 am

komaru wrote:Alchemy and scat toggle both seem to work well so far.

Also seems as though (at high levels at least, like 13-14) the thresholds for vore on bosses is much lower now, so overleveled players will be able to vore them in the future.

Yeah, once the actual game is out the players won't face a boss for a few levels. Bosses should be harder to vore and will require a stronger character. There will be abilities and amulets that will increase a players vore attack. So players with a combined high strength, charisma, abilities and/or amulets should vore the bosses under the right conditions.

I may also tweak this and allow any player to vore a boss who is under 5% or even once the bosses loses all its health the player has an option to eat them.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Schpadoinkle » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Will we ever get an animation for disposal for the character like the bosses have?
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:21 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:Will we ever get an animation for disposal for the character like the bosses have?

This is my current problem, I don't know if I want that to be the main character of the game, at the moment it's a place holder. So eventually I want to make a main character of my own but I am not experienced enough with spriting yet. I think I am improving and soon I may be ready to make a sprite a main character for myself. Until than I don't want to spend much time improving the one I have. I am even hesitant to create anymore armors for it.

So yes, in the future you will get a disposal for the main character like the bosses but not until I believe my sprittng skills are good enough.

Everything but the NPCs and the main characters is art created by me, it's not great but I am learning.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 pm

This was asked before in the end of a comment so not sure if you saw it Foxy so i'll ask myself. Is the bear finished? Or in the game yet? I see the sprite posted but where is it?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game