R.A.A.D.D Runner v2.5d (Back in motion)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: R.A.A.D.D Runner v2.5d (Back in motion)

Postby Maexam2 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:34 pm

The_Prof wrote:I would definately say skill points and getting the shop in order would take priority. Just my opinion

Agreed.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby lefish » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:19 pm

Im having an issue where after the boss timer runs out the game sometimes behaves as if the boss is still there leaving me in an eternal loop of doom. :(
lefish
New to the forum

Postby smokey12 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:25 pm

Which boss?
smokey12
Been posting for a bit

Postby tgcidolfus » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:39 pm

had an interesting boss encounter, the additional "help" took 1 dive at me before slowly floating off the screen

Spoiler: show
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby olgith » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:59 pm

I am gonna miss the perks where you could take pictures of the giantesses for money... and the giantesses..One day they may return to be a thorn in our side and a glorious booty in the sky for us to snap pictures of.
olgith
Somewhat familiar

Postby lefish » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:21 pm

smokey12 wrote:Which boss?

all of them in previous versions but so far in 2.5d just krystal. I didn't see anything related listed on bug page or when I briefly skimmed previous thread pages, i'll holler if I see it with any others.
lefish
New to the forum

Postby smokey12 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:55 am

I haven't seen that one happen. I have seen her disappear and never come back though lol.
smokey12
Been posting for a bit

Postby ajmajm28 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 am

I really like the game but am having some issues with the game crashing. Then when I start the game back up it does not save anything so everything I manage to unlock resets,
############################################################################################
FATAL ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object vigil_damager:

Unable to find any instance for object index '104641'
at gml_Object_vigil_damager_Alarm_0
############################################################################################

This error here is from a few pages ago. The error pops up but I am not sure if it is the exact same thing that is happening to mine. I may update this post when I get a chance to play it again but thought I would let you know.
ajmajm28
Somewhat familiar

Postby cybereel » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:26 pm

I kinda have to join olgith in asking, are there plans to bring back the giantesses eventually? they were always one of my favorite parts of the runs. admittedly, I think it had to do with how silly the notion was, but trying to get the pictures while avoiding (or not avoiding) the dangerous ones added a very fun layer to the challenge in the game.

Since this is my first post since you started over on the game, I just also wanted to say thank you for putting so much work into this game and trying to fix the problems it had before. I have wasted many hours on the original version, and your hard work is definitely noted.
cybereel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Delta32123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Before I begin, I want to say that I very much appreciate all the time and work you've put into this game. I know from experience programming isn't an easy task. However, there are a few things in this new version that feel very much like a step backwards and I'm hoping to give some constructive criticism. One of the biggest problems for me is the increased focus on the maps being vertical. While this does make things a little more interesting, the field of view is not nearly wide enough. There have been many times where I've been at 600 meters or so, can't see below me and have to make a leap of faith, then fall down a pit and die. Another little issue for me is that the game feels a lot slower. It might just be me, but in the old version, I was able to make it to a boss fairly quickly and regularly. In the new version, I've only made it to a boss once and it felt like it took a while. I liked it better when I was able to see bosses without having to keep at it for a little while, but that's just my preference.

Anyway, I hope I helped give you some good information to work with.
Delta32123
New to the forum

Postby eatme1234 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:30 pm

Guess I should make a post on whats currently happening, since its been a while since I've made a post. First lets respond to some replies.

I would definately say skill points and getting the shop in order would take priority. Just my opinion

Indeed. I've gotten the first tree done, but the others require some editing on what they do before I can start scripting them in.

Im having an issue where after the boss timer runs out the game sometimes behaves as if the boss is still there leaving me in an eternal loop of doom. :(

Please provide us with more information, such as which boss it is, does the boss timer disappear or go indefinitely into the negative. Also remember that if a boss in the middle of an attack while the timer runs out, they'll go a bit in the negative while they finish their attack.

had an interesting boss encounter, the additional "help" took 1 dive at me before slowly floating off the screen

Gotta love beegirls, they're quite persistent. Luckily they only will strike once before flying offscreen if they're in a biome different from their home biome.

I am gonna miss the perks where you could take pictures of the giantesses for money... and the giantesses..One day they may return to be a thorn in our side and a glorious booty in the sky for us to snap pictures of.

I kinda have to join olgith in asking, are there plans to bring back the giantesses eventually? they were always one of my favorite parts of the runs. admittedly, I think it had to do with how silly the notion was, but trying to get the pictures while avoiding (or not avoiding) the dangerous ones added a very fun layer to the challenge in the game.

(Please see below)

Alright so I've got some good new and then a bit of bad news.
Good News
So I have mentioned that I've been adding a sky biome, but I haven't mentioned anything that will be in said biome, because I wanted it to be a secret. But since its been a while I'll go ahead and post some information. The biome will be a special biome, meaning you won't be able to access it through the end of a cave, but through some other means during your run. In old raadd, I had actually planned to make it so the only way to access the mario biome was through a randomly generated pipe that you would go into, but I ran into some problems doing that. Now that I found a way todo that, its now the way to access the sky biome. (I won't say "exactly" how to enter the sky biome since I'll still keep a mystery :P) The point of the sky biome is the be extremely challenging, with there being greater rewards than down on the surface. (Some levels are bound to change)
Spoiler: show
sky1.png
sky2.png
sky3.png

Now by looking at the pictures you can see that the giantesses (or at least the idle ones) are being added back. They'll be an sky biome exclusive enemy (at least for now). I'm going to add at least 3 variants of them, each with their own attack that you'll have to figure out. I'll add the upskirt photos back, but you won't be manually snapping photos like old raadd, lets just say, it will be a risk getting gallery photos...

The not so good news
Where I live got hit by a tropical storm yesterday. It wasn't anything too serious, so no damage was caused. But it wasn't the storm that caused the most trouble. Apparently the electric company decided last night to do maintenance (You can tell its maintenance when they flick the power on and off three times). The problem is that I was working on the game when that happened... Normally I would have lost all data up to the point where I saved last (which I save often), but they happened to hit me at the worst of times, when the game was SAVING AND MAKING A BACKUP. So the backup and save that was currently being worked on got corrupted, meaning I had to load from a previous backup, said backup being a week and a half old. So I got some making up to work on...
eatme1234
Participator

Postby tgcidolfus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:24 am

Glad to hear the 1st part, and sad on the 2nd part, had that happen to me back in old play station 1 days, at the end of a RPG and was saving when I lost power. It deleted the save file in the end, losing about 80 hours of game play (was Saga Frontier with 2 saves before genesis heart in the Robot (T260G if I remember right) story line for those that know it). So keep your chin up along with your quality of work and we will happily wait for this exciting update.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:36 am

Wow, sorry to hear about that, pal. I've had it happen to me a couple times, each one was pretty frustrating and sucky. Well, we've all waited this long for the 2.05 and 2.5 versions, I'm sure that we can stand a bit longer. Hope it gets easier for you from this event on out. Good luck!
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:38 am

Ah, power fluctuations, what don't they fuck up. But hey, could have been worse. Good to see the giantesses making a return.

Now let's see how quickly the hivemind figures out the entrance to the sky biome. :P
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Exdeath27 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:03 am

so i just got back to this game and saw a new update and havent had the time to backtrack any of the comments would my progress carry through if i update it to a new version?
Exdeath27
Participator

Postby smokey12 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:47 pm

Depends if you have Raadd Reborn installed at a previous version or not. Otherwise, it is most likely reset to the start as the coding has been completely redone from scratch.
smokey12
Been posting for a bit

Postby jaebomber » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:59 pm

have a game glitching bug when you goto select your potions before starting a run it keeps you there not letting you go back to start the run
jaebomber
Somewhat familiar

Postby The_Green_Oni » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:34 am

I found a bug where the sounds when caught by an enemy don't stop after escaping from them, the sounds stop when I go into or leave a cave and when I get a game over.
"It looks harmless," final words of many explorers.
The_Green_Oni
New to the forum

Postby smokey12 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:45 pm

That bug has been fixed already. The version with the fix has just not been uploaded yet. The bug list can be found in the first post on the thread.
smokey12
Been posting for a bit

Postby The_Prof » Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 am

yeowch on the data loss... Well moral of the story: Save early save often... And backup every day
Evil genius, lover of catgirls, and tricking people into getting eaten is my game!
The_Prof
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game