Ryanshow's Skyrim devourment add on mod

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ryanshow's Skyrim devourment mod

Postby Brutaller » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:34 pm

Tyrantofsyberia wrote:I feel like an idiot now. I deleted devourment because I thought this was a different mod. Hi guys, I'm the dumbest computer programmer in the world!

sh!t happens, mate :P there were times i had to reinstall whole skyrim because of how frickin much i messed it up with mods...

Anyway thanks for sharing ,Ryan! Does the mod redirect all of your spells as well? because thats the only thing that was bugging me since beginning of times.
Brutaller
Participator

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Vae wrote:Played through the mod extensively and found no bugs! congrats!

its wonderful to have some variation in the dialogue finally, thank you so much for the work you put into this!

I did notice something odd with a certain dialogue line, but wasn't able to find it again. I remember seeing an (illusion) option that started with "CAST*" and it looked quite out of place. think it said something about Jarls?

No that was supposed to be there. Indicating that you cast a spell on the girl to make her think that you murdered the jarl or something.

As I recall in that scenario she doesn't want to digest anyone so casting the illusion spell will make her think she is a guard out of Oblivion and you ate a Jarl so she takes appropriate action and eats you with digestion enabled.

Perhaps it was a bit too convoluted to come across well...
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:03 pm

Brutaller wrote:
Tyrantofsyberia wrote:I feel like an idiot now. I deleted devourment because I thought this was a different mod. Hi guys, I'm the dumbest computer programmer in the world!

sh!t happens, mate :P there were times i had to reinstall whole skyrim because of how frickin much i messed it up with mods...

Anyway thanks for sharing ,Ryan! Does the mod redirect all of your spells as well? because thats the only thing that was bugging me since beginning of times.

Redirect spells? What do you mean? Are you losing your spells on being digested? I didn't write any code for that. I've been playing a melee character and haven't even thought of that *smacks self*
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby vore2412 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:32 pm

Ok, have got the mod working now and tested slightly have had a few complete digestions-transfers to dovahkin, but once with Aela and once with Olfina I got crash on digestion, did not test their characters extensively on this, Ria, whitecloak guard, Gerda, and thats all I've tried so far have had successful dovahkin transfers. I think its a problem with devourment, some glitch for every other digestion, I can't be sure though, wish Vegan was able to help...don't know if Sid or Ryan has idea if its devourment or Ryan's mod...however, it could have happened because after I got digested, I was in the midst of speaking in the belly, so that may be a crash error, still great selection of conversation branches, very enjoyable so far.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 am

I've had just about everything working fine, no bugs to speak of, nor crashes.

The one problem I've had, the post digestion comments aren't triggering, just to be sure I enabled general subtitles, in case it was a random line spouted off rather than a dialogue prompt. Unfortunately still nothing.

Altogether a very nice addition. I hope you can work out the little kinks and wrangle some motivation to keep working on this. Probably the most I've enjoyed devourment since it's release.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:58 am

Erecant wrote:I've had just about everything working fine, no bugs to speak of, nor crashes.

The one problem I've had, the post digestion comments aren't triggering, just to be sure I enabled general subtitles, in case it was a random line spouted off rather than a dialogue prompt. Unfortunately still nothing.

Altogether a very nice addition. I hope you can work out the little kinks and wrangle some motivation to keep working on this. Probably the most I've enjoyed devourment since it's release.

They've been slightly finicky if anyone else is around and engaging in conversations that display subtitles as well as they will probably override what the pred is said. Also greet lines directed at your invisible player tend to ruin it as well.

I don't have any ideas so far on ways to make that more reliable, I can't really stop ambient conversations from happening, nor do I think I want to mess with that kind of arcane power I'd probably end up screwing up with something else like force greets that would break quests if they DIDN'T happen.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:01 am

vore2412 wrote:Ok, have got the mod working now and tested slightly have had a few complete digestions-transfers to dovahkin, but once with Aela and once with Olfina I got crash on digestion, did not test their characters extensively on this, Ria, whitecloak guard, Gerda, and thats all I've tried so far have had successful dovahkin transfers. I think its a problem with devourment, some glitch for every other digestion, I can't be sure though, wish Vegan was able to help...don't know if Sid or Ryan has idea if its devourment or Ryan's mod...however, it could have happened because after I got digested, I was in the midst of speaking in the belly, so that may be a crash error, still great selection of conversation branches, very enjoyable so far.

Have you been previously getting digested without issue? By these same girls without using the prompts and system of my mod? If you can manage to get digested by them without my mod it would be interesting to see if the error still occurs. Also are you using my stat restoring mod?
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Kirah » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:18 am

I can't seem to get the mod to work. I installed devourment and everything works as normal, and then I installed and enabled this mod. But it doesn't seem to load. Nothing's changed. I have it checked in the launcher though.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby saladboy21 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Looks good, I will have to try it out.

Are you looking at any further dialogue expansion? I would not mind convo options to talk people into my stomach, long or short term. I know I can just swallow them but a "seduction" including a (harder) digestion seduction would be neat.
saladboy21
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maurt899 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Kirah wrote:I can't seem to get the mod to work. I installed devourment and everything works as normal, and then I installed and enabled this mod. But it doesn't seem to load. Nothing's changed. I have it checked in the launcher though.

Occasionally I've encountered an issue with new mods where it will initialize and register in the game but have no effect untill you've reloaded a save with the mod active. try a quick save/load and see if anything changes
Maurt899
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:53 pm

saladboy21 wrote:Looks good, I will have to try it out.

Are you looking at any further dialogue expansion? I would not mind convo options to talk people into my stomach, long or short term. I know I can just swallow them but a "seduction" including a (harder) digestion seduction would be neat.

I have toyed with the idea of doing the reverse of this mod yes. Asking people if they'd like to get eaten with a few perhaps turning the tables and wanting to eat you instead. Right now my interest is swinging over to my visual novel game here. But if my interest comes back that will likely be what I implement.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Erecant » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Well, I got everything working as intended finally. I highly recommend Fus Ro D'oh, a mod available on the nexus, I think it was already mentioned above. I had an outdated version, which when updated worked like a charm, can see the post digestion comments and all.

Getting the whole package working brings it all together, very well done ryan.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby saladboy21 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:37 pm

ryanshowseason3 wrote:I have toyed with the idea of doing the reverse of this mod yes. Asking people if they'd like to get eaten with a few perhaps turning the tables and wanting to eat you instead. Right now my interest is swinging over to my visual novel game here. But if my interest comes back that will likely be what I implement.

Fair enough, thanks and good luck whatever you work on.
saladboy21
Somewhat familiar

Postby Crash » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:29 pm

Is it possible to add this mod if SKyrim is played through steam, or do I need an actual copy of the pc game?
Crash
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Crash wrote:Is it possible to add this mod if SKyrim is played through steam, or do I need an actual copy of the pc game?

The steam version is the only legal version of the game :?

The only non steam version is Razor which is ripped and cracked.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby Seifens » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:32 pm

One issue I've encountered that may have an easy fix... Is there some way to pause digestion while a dialog box is up? I keep dying/killing my 'guest' while trying to have a conversation with them. Even given that small annoyance, though, I'm really enjoying it so far, it adds a lot of variety to the base mod.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:48 am

Seifens wrote:One issue I've encountered that may have an easy fix... Is there some way to pause digestion while a dialog box is up? I keep dying/killing my 'guest' while trying to have a conversation with them. Even given that small annoyance, though, I'm really enjoying it so far, it adds a lot of variety to the base mod.

It's possible... Would add a boatload of new scripts to do it. I'm unsure how long it would take to accomplish... I'd have to take a good look to see. I'd have to add a duplicate script function to *EVERY* line for in stomach. and it may not be all that reliable to turn digestion back on. especially if the player cancelled out of the dialog by pressing tab, it'd fuck all kinds of shit up.

Good idea though.
ryanshowseason3
???

Postby night22 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:06 am

To be fair, it sounds like he modified devour and made it a standalone. IMO, title should be changed to something like devour add-on/extra dialogue.
night22
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:15 am

ryanshowseason3 wrote:
Seifens wrote:One issue I've encountered that may have an easy fix... Is there some way to pause digestion while a dialog box is up? I keep dying/killing my 'guest' while trying to have a conversation with them. Even given that small annoyance, though, I'm really enjoying it so far, it adds a lot of variety to the base mod.

It's possible... Would add a boatload of new scripts to do it. I'm unsure how long it would take to accomplish... I'd have to take a good look to see. I'd have to add a duplicate script function to *EVERY* line for in stomach. and it may not be all that reliable to turn digestion back on. especially if the player cancelled out of the dialog by pressing tab, it'd fuck all kinds of shit up.

Good idea though.

Guess it's not so simple as I thought. I figured there might be one hook you could add into like a 'dialog start' and 'dialog end' event, maybe a global 'digestion factor' modifier you could push to 0 temporarily... The fact that I've never looked at skyrim scripting must be pretty obvious. :)
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ryanshowseason3 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:51 pm

Seifens wrote:
ryanshowseason3 wrote:

Good idea though.

Guess it's not so simple as I thought. I figured there might be one hook you could add into like a 'dialog start' and 'dialog end' event, maybe a global 'digestion factor' modifier you could push to 0 temporarily... The fact that I've never looked at skyrim scripting must be pretty obvious. :)

Not that I can think of off the top of my head. I'm not an expert either I could be overlooking something... Like the G key being pressed, but I have no hooks into that event being raised.
ryanshowseason3
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game