Freely licensed vore art for use in games

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Freely licensed vore art for use in games

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Surprising I didn't make a thread like this earlier, or forgot if I ever did. I'm interested in seeing (and likely making) more vore games, including image based ones (eg: point and click). But I'm not a good artist, and fewer game developers are also also skilled at drawing. There is however a lot of awesome drawn art on this site, which could be made interactive or added to vore games, even if it wasn't intended for this purpose. While most artists are not okay with their art being used by other people, there are occasionally those who allow their art to be reused. So I decided to start a thread for sharing freely licensed vore art, in hopes that this makes it easier for game developers to create vore games using existing content.

The idea behind this thread is something among these lines: Let's say someone made a high quality POV vore comic, which they decided to post under a free license. Someone finds it and links it here. A game developer which is looking to create a Flash / HTML5 vore game with minimal effort sees the post and the comic in cause. They download the comic, load it up in Photoshop or Gimp, erase the chat bubbles and background from each panel, and extract the panels into individual images, which they then turn into sequences or use as an animated cutscene at some point in the game. Single images can be useful too, this is only to give a good example.

The general rule is: Post any vore art you make or find which the author releases under a free license... such as Public Domain, CC-BY-*, or anything else. Also, when possible, link the source of the image in case it was made available... for example psd files for Photoshop. That way individual layers and components can be extracted and used separately, which is a lot easier.

Anything that's vore art will do. Although I'm especially thinking of comics, since multiple character poses can be extracted from the panels. Animated gif's are another great source, as they can easily be broken apart and made interactive. I made a separate thread for low resolution sprite sets however, this is mostly for normal drawn art.

Please however only mention art that is released under an explicit free license. Bad example: "It's okay to use it if you credit me", versus good example: "It's licensed CC-BY-SA". They mean the exact same thing really, but the second is more certain and safer to stick with. I believe it also counts if the image simply has a Creative Commons logo as a watermark.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Freely licensed vore art for use in games

Postby CutenessOverlord » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:38 am

I'll try to help a little with that if I have some free time, but I'm not a great artist.
Also, I'm kinda good with user interfaces, menus, etc. So if you really need help, just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.
Kyah! ♫
I'm just a genderless micro halfling! Half-Human, Half-Gryphon! ♥
(And my size is somewhere between 0.05mm and 1cm, depending on your imagination.)
CutenessOverlord
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:55 am

Gryffen wrote:I'll try to help a little with that if I have some free time, but I'm not a great artist.
Also, I'm kinda good with user interfaces, menus, etc. So if you really need help, just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

I don't currently have any projects of my own planned. That is helpful to know though.

But just to be clear: This thread isn't really for recruiting developers for making specific vore games. Just a place to share freely licensed vore art, and sources for such art when possible... so that developers can easily see them and get material for making image based vore games. It's based on my (yet to be tested) idea that by grabbing and hacking everyday art, we could more easily make simple Flash / HTML5 games.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby CutenessOverlord » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:15 am

I know... What I meant is that I'll make free resources and put them here when I'll have some time. (For the first part of the message.)
And, for the second part, if people needs help for other things such as buttons/menus/etc.(which could still be useful for flash/HTML5 based games, especially things like inventories in a point and click), I'd be glad to help them with that too.

Anyway, my previous post was misleading, sorry...
Kyah! ♫
I'm just a genderless micro halfling! Half-Human, Half-Gryphon! ♥
(And my size is somewhere between 0.05mm and 1cm, depending on your imagination.)
CutenessOverlord
Been posting for a bit

Postby eatme1234 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:17 am

I support this thread. I'm making a vore game (RAADD Runner) and I am not very good at drawing, so I must find vore pictures off the internet and use those. To be on the safe side, I do have a disclaimer stating that If your art is on there and you wish to have it removed please notify me and I'll do so as soon as I can.

This thread could greatly help me and anyone else planning to make a game.
eatme1234
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

This thread died pretty early. I tried doing a search in the gallery for free licenses, and searching for "creative commons" by text is pretty much the only thing that offers a one page result: http://aryion.com/g4/search.php?q=creative+commons

Irony is, the gallery allows users to specify an alternative license which is printed on the submission itself... but you can't seem to filter search results by it. Perhaps this could be brought to Eka's attention, and license could be added as a filter type for the advanced search page? I vaguely remember this being discussed in the past actually, several years ago.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Bright » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:27 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing my art in games, but I don't think I have anything suitable for games.

Though, one of my images are used in one of Mystas games as a predator.

Feel free to take a look through my gallery and see if anything could be of use in a game.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat May 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Nothing so far? Someone posted a vore logo earlier, and I noticed the license is CC-BY-SA on the submission, so here it is:

Spoiler: show
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SaintxTail » Sat May 09, 2015 9:37 pm

Not sure if this would be helpful but in a few months I'll be working on royalty free image packs for private and commercial use. You'll have to pay a small price for an image pack however (very small like less than $5 for multiple images), may consider offering samples for free. I like to do visual novel type games so hopefully images will be useful for games. I'll check back in this thread when I have something :3. Right now my computer is broken.
Find out how to support me at SaintxTail.com
SaintxTail
Somewhat familiar

Postby FemmiK » Sat May 09, 2015 10:58 pm

I will be moving on to doing digital art in a short time. Once that time comes I'll be more than glad to add to this idea, I support it fully and will try to spread the word on it. ^^
FemmiK
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game