Ultimate Blackjack [Moddable for custom text]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Ultimate Blackjack

Postby Journeyman » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:55 pm

pseudo, Thanks! To answer your question-- yes, and yes :D
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby forumlurker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:47 am

Journeyman wrote:TrainKay, ThankyouThankyouThankyou!! ^^;
DjConnorJ, Thanks for thinking about it! Any amount helps! :)
forumlurker, 3-4 per image~
Battalia, Schpadoinkle, bigmacrmuk, thanks for the feedback on campaigning, though I'm not really sure what the best way to do it would be! At present, the goal is just to get the amount needed to commish another character~ I've had similar rates quoted to me by several people!!! I don't think I'll use a gofundme, just because of the Terms of Service over there--adult stuff isn't allowed, real names are required, and a fee of 8% is taken from anything you receive.

But, I've added a little progress bar on the OP!! Will that help? I'm keeping it updated on Sunday nights ^_^

I'll keep looking around for artists, too; the trick is to find high-quality artwork that somehow takes the artist very little time and is therefore cheaper. I'll certainly consider even drastically different styles, but I don't want to compromise the overall "finishedness" of the art quality, and I don't want to squeeze the artists either~ :?

8 images so about 24/28 hours in total? Means about 24/28 dollars an hour as well. way too much I say again.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:14 am

Part of me feels angry that it feels like my donation was wasted. However. A still am pleased with what you made and in still glad I gave you something. Projects like this deserve funding. Though as steam showed paywalls don't work.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Battalia » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:10 pm

@forumlurker

Feedback like that does very little to help out. If you feel it is too much, why don't you go out, and find an artist who is willing to do adult and vore content, and live up to the quality journeyman is looking for and post the info here? That would go much further than just claiming too much was spent. Be constructive, not critical =)
Battalia
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:13 pm

It would be constructive in a way that the developer won't be ripped off again by paying an outrageous sum of money. Above all, I don't want another asshole to abuse him as a cash cow. Again, it would suit the previous artist if he'd return some part of the money. Future artists can consider whether the shoe fits them or not.

End of my small rant, but I consider that way more important than a possible new addition to the game.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:20 pm

I don't really see it as a ripoff. I actually did some calculations and considering thebigbrap's normal prices the amount that Journeyman quoted does actually make sense.

He charges $50 per single character color image. And including all the different changes in pose and each individual image in the ending sequences it does add up to about $750.

ALthough I'm a bit surprised. I always thought TBB offered discounts on bulk orders.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shadowlyger » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:25 pm

Schpadoinkle wrote:I don't really see it as a ripoff. I actually did some calculations and considering thebigbrap's normal prices the amount that Journeyman quoted does actually make sense.

He charges $50 per single character color image. And including all the different changes in pose and each individual image in the ending sequences it does add up to about $750.

ALthough I'm a bit surprised. I always thought TBB offered discounts on bulk orders.

The dude charges almost as much as a retail video game for a single character picture? Holy shit.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:54 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:The dude charges almost as much as a retail video game for a single character picture? Holy shit.

He's not the only one. A lot of people on this site charge about the same or almost as much.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby maleperduis » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:29 pm

forumlurker wrote:
Journeyman wrote:TrainKay, ThankyouThankyouThankyou!! ^^;
DjConnorJ, Thanks for thinking about it! Any amount helps! :)
forumlurker, 3-4 per image~
Battalia, Schpadoinkle, bigmacrmuk, thanks for the feedback on campaigning, though I'm not really sure what the best way to do it would be! At present, the goal is just to get the amount needed to commish another character~ I've had similar rates quoted to me by several people!!! I don't think I'll use a gofundme, just because of the Terms of Service over there--adult stuff isn't allowed, real names are required, and a fee of 8% is taken from anything you receive.

But, I've added a little progress bar on the OP!! Will that help? I'm keeping it updated on Sunday nights ^_^

I'll keep looking around for artists, too; the trick is to find high-quality artwork that somehow takes the artist very little time and is therefore cheaper. I'll certainly consider even drastically different styles, but I don't want to compromise the overall "finishedness" of the art quality, and I don't want to squeeze the artists either~ :?

8 images so about 24/28 hours in total? Means about 24/28 dollars an hour as well. way too much I say again.

There's more than 8 images. I count 5 for the main game (neutral, winning, losing, good hand, bad hand), 3 for victory, 2 for losing, for a total of 10. Then there's also the POV images during the winning/losing sequences which aren't full character images, but may well have been included in the average to get that 3-4 per image figure, which would bring the total up to about 15. That's $12.50-$17 an hour, which doesn't seem all that excessive.
maleperduis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Journeyman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Hey everyone!

Looks like we forgot to chat about the game and started dishing on the artist for charging an extremely normal amount of money again! This has happened before in this thread, and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a deadly turn-off for any future would-be artists. After all, who wants to charge a normal commission, and then get ripped on in the forums?

Several points that I've got to remind people about:
  • Not 8 images. 15. At 4 hours per image, TBB would be better off working at McDonalds for a week, so I certainly hope that most of these images took him closer to 2-3 hours.
  • I'm currently involved in the international publication of a book with a "major" publisher (Perigee, an imprint of Penguin Books). As such, I've been made familiar with very current "going rates" for freelance illustration work. $35-$40 per hour is a common rate of pay
  • Freelance illustrators often bill at rates which seem higher than many conventional full-time jobs. This is done to account for the inconsistency of employment, the unpaid hours required to self-promote, to maintain a portfolio, and to provide for one's own professional development and equipment. Freelance employees are frequently also responsible for providing their own healthcare and other benefits.
  • A game may cost $50 to purchase, but such a game in today's market typically cost several millions of dollars to create.
Sorry to post a bunch of points that aren't "discussion points" -- they're just facts of life. But I feel that I had to say something just because it seems like there may be some misunderstandings about how things work when you get into game making!

I will *definitely* be open to working with other artists in the future, too! I'm not going to squeeze artists to work more hours for less pay, but if others are able to create good stuff for less, why not, right?!

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure we don't get into another run of insults about the artists ._. More Blackjack strategy! More plots to bring down Raven! :gulp:
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Schpadoinkle » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:51 pm

Journeyman wrote:More plots to bring down Raven! :gulp:

But I already brought her down! Now I wanna put my squirming belly on the next dealer's table to psych them out into being dessert. :3
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Humbug » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Journeyman wrote:Hey everyone!

Looks like we forgot to chat about the game and started dishing on the artist for charging an extremely normal amount of money again! This has happened before in this thread, and I'm pretty sure that it's going to be a deadly turn-off for any future would-be artists. After all, who wants to charge a normal commission, and then get ripped on in the forums?

Several points that I've got to remind people about:
  • Not 8 images. 15. At 4 hours per image, TBB would be better off working at McDonalds for a week, so I certainly hope that most of these images took him closer to 2-3 hours.
  • I'm currently involved in the international publication of a book with a "major" publisher (Perigee, an imprint of Penguin Books). As such, I've been made familiar with very current "going rates" for freelance illustration work. $35-$40 per hour is a common rate of pay
  • Freelance illustrators often bill at rates which seem higher than many conventional full-time jobs. This is done to account for the inconsistency of employment, the unpaid hours required to self-promote, to maintain a portfolio, and to provide for one's own professional development and equipment. Freelance employees are frequently also responsible for providing their own healthcare and other benefits.
  • A game may cost $50 to purchase, but such a game in today's market typically cost several millions of dollars to create.
Sorry to post a bunch of points that aren't "discussion points" -- they're just facts of life. But I feel that I had to say something just because it seems like there may be some misunderstandings about how things work when you get into game making!

I will *definitely* be open to working with other artists in the future, too! I'm not going to squeeze artists to work more hours for less pay, but if others are able to create good stuff for less, why not, right?!

Anyways, I just wanted to make sure we don't get into another run of insults about the artists ._. More Blackjack strategy! More plots to bring down Raven! :gulp:
Thank you. This always bothers me about online art-focused communities. The prices here are a real steal, often lower than minimum wage, and that's because a lot of artists in communities like this think their art isn't worth that much, so they artificially drive down the price it would otherwise be. "Well, X Good Artist is only charging $20 for a fully detailed and colored landscape drawing. Why are you charging so much for the same when your ability is about the same?"

I personally keep my prices about where they should be (I'm not a master of the craft by any means, but I'm not terrible either) by making them about $10-12 an hour or higher if I'm doing an animation (a specialized, less common skill). That way I'm not only getting paid more or less what I'm worth, but I'm also keeping my schedule not-cluttered, and I'm not insulting my fellow artists by having lower prices than them for approximately equal work.
Humbug
---

Postby forumlurker » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 am

Actually, here's another idea. It might break with the art style of the game so far, but how about asking photo manipers to commission series of dealers for the game? It's easier, cheaper and probably a lot faster. There are a lot of talented photo manipers around and I bet plenty of them would be willing to do it for free or for a decent/low price.

It will give you time to focus on dialog, new card games etc.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Demicus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:39 am

Bloody loving this. The desire to see her get nommed is real. The house can't win forever! GET IN MAH BELLY!!!

...I may or may not be on a loosing streak but I will win! :P
Demicus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Schpadoinkle » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:22 am

forumlurker wrote:Actually, here's another idea. It might break with the art style of the game so far, but how about asking photo manipers to commission series of dealers for the game? It's easier, cheaper and probably a lot faster. There are a lot of talented photo manipers around and I bet plenty of them would be willing to do it for free or for a decent/low price.

It will give you time to focus on dialog, new card games etc.

I would really rather photomanips not be involved at all.

They look weird, and they almost never have the permission of the original model/person in the picture to be used in such a way and it's just skeevy all around.
Schpadoinkle
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anthony050 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:04 am

Just won my first time. Was rather underwhelming. Still like the game though would be interesting to see a player character in the future.
anthony050
Participator

Postby Journeyman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Demicus, :D

Hey everyone! Couple new notes!! We've got a bit of a fandom!! :o

Blackjack_Dealer
I got a few PMs about http://profile.aryion.com/profile/Blackjack_Dealer. It's a Roleplay account featuring Raven's image and bio, with some additions. I want to mention that this is not an account connected with the game. However, I'm ok with it as long as you guys know that fact. The account does provide a link back to hear and mentions that it is not affiliated with us, so I've written to it to say that it's alright. I've asked that account not to use any images from the ending vore scenes so that those are still a reward for all of you.

DoubleOSnake
Created a fan story! Woooo! Give it a read over here: http://aryion.com/g4/view/297995 !

Bright
Wrote a fan story too! But sent it in a PM--I cant find it in his/her gallery ><

the_game
Created fan art! http://red-star-alchemy.deviantart.com/ ... -521311134 We have fan art!!!!

This stuff is all great--it builds the atmosphere of the game, and shows that people are really connecting with the experience! Thank you everyone!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Ultimate Blackjack - A POLL!

Postby Journeyman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:43 pm

Ohnoes, I'm double-posting!! Forgiveness?

Some of you have already noticed! THERE IS A NEW POLL!
The results so far are very, very one-sided. Have a look. Take the poll! Speak here!

And.. who's this?!
11204685_10153280051547943_751641241_o.jpg
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Ultimate Blackjack - A POLL and an UPDATE

Postby Teruyo » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:21 pm

Bunny dealer confirmed for best dealer.
Teruyo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Ultimate Blackjack - A POLL and an UPDATE

Postby Badviper » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm