Yaei - Monmusu (MGQ) Soundtrack Question

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Yaei - Monmusu (MGQ) Soundtrack Question

Postby MotherOfMonsters » Sat May 09, 2015 2:17 pm

The music of a game that has vore...still close enough for the Vore Game section or should it be in Rest Of The World? I'm not sure - feel free to fix it.

TL:DR - Who wrote this awesome song?! o .o

Anyway, a while ago I tracked down many of the songs from the Monster Girl Quest soundtrack, and was pleased to find that a lot of them were available from the original composers under a fairly lenient free license (and have thus been used in several Japanese games, not just Monmusu).
For those of you who may be interested, the artists' site is here. Though it is - naturally - in Japanese.:
http://www.rengoku-teien.com/rule/index.html

Now for the real question. Unfortunately there is one song I was looking for that I could not find on that site, which sucks because it is the song I went looking for in the first place. The piece i'm referring to is "Yaei", or "The Camp" in English. Surprise surprise it's the BGM for the scenes at the campsite in game. It's a wonderful little piano piece, and if you haven't heard it, you can certainly find it youtube, but I have no clue what the license terms are, so i'm not ready to link it. Which leads us at last to my point.

I absolutely love this song. I made my own arrangement of it years ago and taught myself piano just on it. However without knowing the source, I can't know what kind of license the song is protected by, or what i'm allowed to do with it (I.E., distribute my arrangement, perform it, etc), and I respect to artist too much to just assume it's fair game.

So, does anyone know who wrote this piano piece and where their information can be found? It would totally make my day if you did. Thanks!~
MotherOfMonsters
Somewhat familiar

Re: Yaei - Monmusu (MGQ) Soundtrack Question

Postby Nanamitu » Tue May 19, 2015 7:10 am

Hello, MoonfallWolf. :-D

I know about that song.
(If my reading skill is enough to read your post correctly,)It is the "あの日" (It means "That day").
It made by MasamiT, and he is acting in his homepage,"オーライフジャパン".
His homepage is here: http://o-life.jp/

Select "音楽" (It means "music".) , then find "あの日" from the music list. (You can find it in the middle of the list.)

By the way, I found that you have some worrying about the licence of the music, so I tried to translate his policy.
Original source can see in the "概要".

-Beginning of the Translation from the site-

About the reprinting;You can use my song in my site, even if its purpose is on business, or not.
You can use my song to the BGM, without author's permission.
But, you must write the author's name in the credit. It is indispensable.

-End of Translation-

I searched about the arrangement and its distribution, but there are no note about that in his page.
So, I recommend to you to contact to author about the distribution of your arrangement.
He is in the Twitter and he said that he is usually watch it, so, if you have Twitter account, please try to contact with him in the Twitter.
His account name is written in "概要".

And, I introduce to the Music list of MGQ in the MGQ wiki.
http://seesaawiki.jp/mong/d/BGM%b0%ec%cd%f7
曲名 = Song name
ファイル名 = File name
配布サイト = Distribution page
原曲名 = Original name of the song

If you want to know who is the author of music, please see here.I hope you like it.

I'm Japanese, and I'm not good at to read English, so, maybe I have mistakes in the sentences. Please forgive me.
Good luck! :wink:
Nanamitu
New to the forum

Re: Yaei - Monmusu (MGQ) Soundtrack Question

Postby MotherOfMonsters » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Ah! This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much! :3

I haven't been online in a while, and I honestly didn't expect anyone to respond. However, your directions and links were perfect for finding the song, and your translation is very helpful.~

Thanks again!

~MoonfallWolf
MotherOfMonsters
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game