a dragon interactive text adventure

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

a dragon interactive text adventure

Postby Br2nd66 » Tue May 26, 2015 2:17 pm

Br2nd66
Somewhat familiar

Re: a dragon interactive text adventure

Postby VoreLover99 » Tue May 26, 2015 5:58 pm

Good find! I love text games like this and Corruption of Champions. It's good to see that there are some vore-related ones in circulation :gulp:
VoreLover99
Been posting for a bit

Postby nyanyan » Tue May 26, 2015 6:51 pm

VoreLover99 wrote:Good find! I love text games like this and Corruption of Champions. It's good to see that there are some vore-related ones in circulation :gulp:

I agree that it's a good game (been playing it for a while, even got my name on the credits for helping out a little with suggestions/bugs/what have you).

Now, a warning to anyone playing this for the vore: It's not that vore-ish, it's mainly hard with little description. It focuses more on sex/slavery/mind-control(read any enslave text, it mentions messing with their minds) at the moment. I've asked about potential for more vore once, and the creator said that wasn't really his thing, so it's not likely to get too descriptive. On the upside, I don't think anyone's ever done a text game like this before.

On another note: It's not being updated at the moment, the creator has had a creative 'distraction' as mentioned in a journal. He seems to be a bit focused on an MLP fan fiction or something (haven't read it in a while).

And finally, some tips: Don't kill everything you see if there's an enslave option, the more of a species you kill the less the rest of the species will be willing to surrender, should you need slaves (or pawns, as they're called.), if they become too difficult to capture via Roar (used when they're low on HP and does a stat check to potentially make them surrender) there are two options: 1) use Wrestle, a skill you can learn from a follower you get from a later area, or 2) If you manage to capture an enemy, release it, releasing enemies slowly decreases the 'dracophobia' hidden stat that makes that race harder to roar into submission. If Roar is always grayed out during the fight, then the opponent isn't able to surrender, you can just kill them.

Collect lots of pawns, as they're used for combat and carrying items for you (as a non-anthropomorphic dragon, you can't carry much yourself, getting into the first new area can get you stuck and confused if you don't realize this, if you can't do anything after exploring the second area, check your inventory, you might have too many items.) as well as defending your eventual bases.

Next, there is no level up system, your level is based on your average stats, examples: You have 10 in every stat, so you're level 10. You have 10 in all except one stat, which is 9, so you're barely under, and are still level 9. You have 3 stats at 3, 4 at 2, and the rest at 5 (there are 12 different stats), so you have a total of 42 stat points (3*3+4*2+5*5) which means you're lvl. 3.5 (42/12). etc. To gain stats, you can either devour defeated opponents, or interact with followers (which are different from pawns, a few units will join willingly), for example: one of the followers allows you to 'tell stories', which has a chance to increase the Fear stat.

And last but not least, when you get to mass encounters, try to have lots of archers, because they're rather OP, but only their normal attacks. Until he fixes the code, as long as the attack hits, it's pretty much a guaranteed OHK, at least, nothing I've ever hit has survived. To get bows, you'll need to set up a base in the third area, and build a certain building.

That's all the spoilers/tips I'm giving for this block of text, but feel free to ask if you want to know something, and I'll attempt to answer to the best of my ability (to take pressure off of the creator, though he is quite good at responding to all the comments.).
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed May 27, 2015 4:43 pm

That's all the spoilers/tips I'm giving for this block of text, but feel free to ask if you want to know something, and I'll attempt to answer to the best of my ability

So for some reason I only get one Kobold to surrender with roar and then every time I try it again they always want to die. I even had one at 00% health and he was level 3 I was 7 with Roar Stat Very Strong, and guess what? He still didn't surrender... I don't know if that's a bug or not but sheesh...

I do wonder if failing a roar attempt on an enemy means they won't surrender though. I thought that might be why at first but I did repeat the same outcome as above and used roar for the first time in battle with it at 00% Health and it still didn't surrender. Anything you could help me on that?
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nyanyan » Thu May 28, 2015 3:23 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:So for some reason I only get one Kobold to surrender with roar and then every time I try it again they always want to die. I even had one at 00% health and he was level 3 I was 7 with Roar Stat Very Strong, and guess what? He still didn't surrender... I don't know if that's a bug or not but sheesh...

I do wonder if failing a roar attempt on an enemy means they won't surrender though. I thought that might be why at first but I did repeat the same outcome as above and used roar for the first time in battle with it at 00% Health and it still didn't surrender. Anything you could help me on that?

No, I have that problem as well a lot. It's not a 1-time chance per fight, you can roar as often as you'd like. I've found that Kobolds just tend to not surrender, it's probably a bug in the code I've mentioned a few times to the creator. As for making them surrender when you can't use roar, you need a skill learned from a follower you get in the area following the kobold's area.
Spoiler: show
Jillian, Jack's brother. If you don't know who Jack is, you'll find him in the warren eventually, he's a prisoner. She's one of the first encounters (rather, she's common) in the forest, and you need to have Jack as a follower for her to join up. Talk to her, and you'll eventually learn 'Wrestle' Which will NEVER kill anything you use it on, but if you use it on something with 1 HP (tip, don't let them defend the turn before you use it) it will be a guaranteed capture.

While I'm here talking about skills learned from followers, almost all followers teach a skill of some sort at the moment, make sure you talk to them all at least once to see if you can find the option, it's pretty obvious. And not all skills are for combat, example: one lets you cook your enemies meat, so that you can eat that if you capture/release too many creatures and start getting low on energy/stamina.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nyanyan » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:39 pm

The game is being updated again! It's going to be a bit slow, but the creator's back from his months long break and doing some work on it. Hopefully we'll get new content pretty regularly.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game