Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018 May~

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) [Demo2.1, 9/8

Postby Birichino » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:18 pm

Charlotte's image is just a placeholder for that girl; it's not actually her in that scene.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby NekoYuki » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:28 pm

It's nice to see the events and side quests. But you should work on fixing their repeatability. Especially if you plan to take this game further. The fact you can just repeated a scene over and over to level up or get gold is ultimately game breaking.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby TheVoreEngineer » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:42 pm

Birichino wrote:Charlotte's image is just a placeholder for that girl; it's not actually her in that scene.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes, I'm not really that good at noticing the obvious. However I still stand by my comment that some kind of system that disallows repeating of scenes, as said above so that you cannot infinitely gain XP and Gold. For the time being in a small demo where neither much serve any purpose, it isn't the biggest off issues, but as the game expands, I feel it needs to addressed. Still, just a personal opinion.
Come check out my stuff!
The Aussie words man who just keeps coming back apparently.
TheVoreEngineer
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:57 am

Totally disagree. Repeating scenes is a major draw for me. Otherwise I'd need a lot more saves so I could revisit. If anything, I'd like revisiting to have options to lose. For instance, I can no longer attack people and lose. That's a bunch of scenes lost that I'd have to restart to visit again. Since there are limited encounters though, maybe a quick travel option will become available, allowing us to skip past zones to the one we want. If you'd like to limit leveling then maybe there's a way to make it so you only get experience the first time you eat someone new.
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby RediQ » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:25 pm

The repeatability is intentional, mainly for the reason Zomulgustar said of not needing to keep a ton more saves in order to see the content. And being able to visit content through gameplay rather than just picking a scene from the save list. And also because if people disappeared, the game would eventually turn into just wandering through empty backgrounds with nothing to do (or just running into the same non-vore encounter over and over), and that would be awful.

Yes, you can grind an encounter repeatedly for money/levels, but I wouldn't really call that any more gamebreaking than grinding monsters for experience or gold or items in a real RPG. "Gamebreaking" itself is a weird concept to try to apply to this, because things like "difficulty" or "balance" are also weird concepts that might not actually exist in a dialog-based game with no real combat system. It's less a question of how challenging the game should be and more one of how challenge would even be defined, or if it even needs to be or even can be challenging in the first place. And my answer to that is that I don't really think that it needs to be challenging, or rather that whatever challenge exists would simply be in trying to discover every different path and scene (which I also feel is the bottom line challenge of almost every vore RPG here, regardless of how it structures leveling or combat).

Try not to think of levels as becoming overpowered or whatever, because there's not really a difficulty or power curve and the only thing it does is unlocks more player-as-predator scenes. Eventually I am going to add a way to de-level or reset your level to 1, so that you can experience losing prey scenes without having to reset to a save (you can also get those losing scenes through dialog, but I understand if it doesn't feel quite the same without the actual battle loss preceding it). Ultimately, there will probably even be a way to win the game without leveling at all, if you want to play prey-only. So don't sweat the idea of getting Too Much of anything (even gold, which will become relevant later), because it doesn't actually matter aside from giving you access to new/different scene branches.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:07 am

Honest question. Is it gonna be 100% humans or are you gonna toss in some demis? I Can imagine a cute, curvy neko following you around, trying to tempt ya into gulping her down. Or maybe a mermaid lurking for a 'victim' at a river.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby RediQ » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:04 am

Probably 90% humans, with maybe a catgirl and/or a human-like monster girl. I haven't found any good source portraits to edit for those kinds of characters yet, but I'd like to have something eventually.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Azirov » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:53 pm

So I have 2 questions:
1) Will the MC have a name ?
2) Will the people we have already met be seen again in future updates ?
Azirov
Somewhat familiar

Postby dat1guy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:12 pm

RedmanQ wrote:Probably 90% humans, with maybe a catgirl and/or a human-like monster girl. I haven't found any good source portraits to edit for those kinds of characters yet, but I'd like to have something eventually.

What about a wolf girl?
dat1guy
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:19 am

RedmanQ wrote:Probably 90% humans, with maybe a catgirl and/or a human-like monster girl. I haven't found any good source portraits to edit for those kinds of characters yet, but I'd like to have something eventually.

may sound like a bad idea but... *chin-taps* I'd recommend looking up "Monster Girl Quest" there's a flak-ton of portraits in that game that can probably be used... However... there is the fact that the game is a 'buy only' deal so I'm unsure if the pics can be used.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby MenchiCutlets » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:35 pm

I am admittedly curious about how this game is progressing. ^^ Any possible word on hows its going?
MenchiCutlets
Been posting for a bit

Postby RediQ » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:39 am

Yeah sure. Honestly, I haven't gotten much of anything done since the last update thanks to the school semester being in full swing, plus all the great videogames that have been coming out this year occupying the free time I have had.

Things have finally slowed down starting this week, though, so I should have some more time to work on this again. The next update will probably be all the bugfixes that have been done since the last version plus either a new scene branch for the existing characters or a whole new character. I don't really have a timetable on that, but I would like to be able to put it out before Thanksgiving.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Golnor » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:10 pm

New character? Sweet.

So how would a new character work? Would it just be different graphics and/or choices for the same storyline, or a new story altogether?
This is my signature signature!

When in Rome, eat the Romans.
Golnor
Somewhat familiar

Postby e2s86 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:14 am

I came upon an idea with Sarah at the riverbank
How about eating Sarah after she has eaten the swimmer girl?
for example.( I say something sexy things about her belly and goes over and rubs it - while she's enjoying the belly rubs you lick your lips and you saying that she looks delicious with that big the belly of her - Sarah looks up at you drugged and confused - what do you mean? she asked with half-closed eyes - This you say to her, and devours her - after it is the struggles and plead for mercy - After that it's belly talk with the prey in the stomach - digesting her sleep and dream .

So what do you think? ^^;
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby RediQ » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:45 am

Golnor wrote:New character? Sweet.

So how would a new character work? Would it just be different graphics and/or choices for the same storyline, or a new story altogether?

sorry, i meant like a new NPC character, not a new player character. So they'd work the same as all the others, just a different encounter.
RediQ
Participator

Postby trompaquin » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:00 pm

this is one of best game i play cant wait for next update . did your gona put more micro and willing vore? (sory bad english but i try :) )
trompaquin
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:11 am

Yeah I'm a big fan of willing myself, hearing prey moaning and wiggling in pleasure is a weakness..
The 'beggings' and the 'screams' put me off... >.>;;
[unless she's begging to be digested.]
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Azirov » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

So are there any news on the next update ?
Azirov
Somewhat familiar

Postby RediQ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:11 pm

I'll be getting some work done on it this weekend. Don't know if that will be enough to call a finished (small) update yet because I'm not sure exactly how much free time I'm gonna get (and writing+scripting new scenes takes longer than anything else by far). Hopefully I should be able to, though, since I found some larger bugs that are now fixed and if nothing else would like to put that out.

Update edit (11/30): Didn't quite finish new scenes in time, and holiday travel means i haven't had access to my laptop with the game on it for the past few days and won't for about another week.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:15 pm

Well take your time on your work, quality over quantity is ideal.
Ryan-Drakel
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game