Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) ~UPDATE 2018 May~

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Taste of Adventure (RPG-Visual Novel, F/F) (early demo)

Postby RediQ » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:48 am

Quick update since I've been quiet for a while: This isn't dead! I've decided that I want to have the game be more fleshed out for the next release, rather than just being a minor update with sound and only one or two new scenes.

I work 5 days a week and obviously don't always feel like spending my free time writing weird smut, so I've had limited occasions to work on it, but so far I've gathered a set of decent-sounding audio and have inserted it into the existing scene as well as one new encounter. I've also added some extra short encounters that aren't vore or sex related to sort of fill out the game's random encounter system. All that's really left before it's out is writing more sex/vore scenes, probably about 3-4 of them with multiple paths for each, but of course that's still time consuming and kinda relies on being in the right mood. I don't have any particular timeframe to give, but my hope is that I'll be able to find the time to get it done within the next month.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Birichino » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:13 am

Ah, I'm sure nobody would object to an update with what you have so far. I guess every time you feel your motivation or progress slip, updating it would be a good way to rekindle interest and support.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: Mostly another plane of existence, sometimes Canada

Postby mysta » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:36 pm

RedmanQ wrote:I work 5 days a week and obviously don't always feel like spending my free time writing weird smut, so I've had limited occasions to work on it, but so far I've gathered a set of decent-sounding audio and have inserted it into the existing scene as well as one new encounter. I've also added some extra short encounters that aren't vore or sex related to sort of fill out the game's random encounter system. All that's really left before it's out is writing more sex/vore scenes, probably about 3-4 of them with multiple paths for each, but of course that's still time consuming and kinda relies on being in the right mood. I don't have any particular timeframe to give, but my hope is that I'll be able to find the time to get it done within the next month.

Aha ha ha, I feel your pain. :lol:

Sometimes I find its better to just write the scenes on word while I'm in the mood and worry about programming them in in some downtime later. Maybe that could help, maybe not.

Your content seems promising though, keep up the work!

Mysta
Support me on Patreon for early access, polls and other bonus content! https://www.patreon.com/Mysta
mysta
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Snorlaxkid » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:55 am

I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but it's fairly bad design to have you refusing to eat the second person you run into be an unavoidable death. What if I just don't want to be a pred? :?
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby replicatkd » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:43 pm

Snorlaxkid wrote:I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but it's fairly bad design to have you refusing to eat the second person you run into be an unavoidable death. What if I just don't want to be a pred? :?

I guess that's why is a demo. So that people give feedback and know what they are getting from the game. Although this happens in the prey-only games too, so isn't bad to point things out.
replicatkd
Participator

Postby LPWolfiLP » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Still alive ..that demo o.o?
LPWolfiLP
Somewhat familiar

Postby RediQ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:57 am

LPWolfiLP wrote:Still alive ..that demo o.o?

Almost done with the next update, actually. Should be able to put it out next time I can get in a solid day's work, which hopefully will happen before the fall semester starts.
RediQ
Participator

Postby RediQ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:00 am

Snorlaxkid wrote:I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out, but it's fairly bad design to have you refusing to eat the second person you run into be an unavoidable death. What if I just don't want to be a pred? :?

You'll need to eat people to level up (which gives access to more pred scenes) and probably to finish the game eventually, so it was always kinda meant to be a game for both preferences, but for what it's worth I'll try to make every prey scene accessible without needing to level.

As for that first encounter, my advice once the next version comes out would be to just mash through it, make a save after it's done, and just play the rest of the game pretending it never happened.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Birichino » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:14 am

Can't prey just level up through other means? Even little items scattered around the game world which give XP, if you have the right justification, meaning you can give them fixed max levels at fixed times.
Or would it be a whole other thing to add clicking background objects in a little Where's Waldo setup?
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RikuHidanza » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:55 am

Birichino wrote:Can't prey just level up through other means? Even little items scattered around the game world which give XP, if you have the right justification, meaning you can give them fixed max levels at fixed times.
Or would it be a whole other thing to add clicking background objects in a little Where's Waldo setup?

While I agree that prey should try to be represented fairly in vore games I will say this. If you like being prey and not pred then realisticly you shouldn't be making it that far in the first place because you like to be eaten.

That being said if at the start of the game you could pick a personality type of pred or prey and that effects encounters from there on out it would be a easy way If not time consuming to create to represent both pred and prey fairly with prey lvling up by surviving their preds
Sex is like pizza. When it's good it's great, when it's bad it's better than nothing.
RikuHidanza
Participator

Postby DangZerglings » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:00 am

Hmm. I have DirectX 12, and the game doesn't work. o .o Do I need to stick the .dll file for DirectX 9 manually somewhere?
Lilysse (Nights of Azure): I will always love you...
===============
Because willing lesbians and nonfatality need far, far more love in vore.
DangZerglings
Somewhat familiar

Location: Watching a girl eat another girl with her pussy and possibly letting her out a half hour later

Postby RediQ » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:50 pm

DangZerglings wrote:Hmm. I have DirectX 12, and the game doesn't work. o .o Do I need to stick the .dll file for DirectX 9 manually somewhere?

Unfortunately I don't know. I would have expected dx12 to just cover everything that needs dx9 or 10, but in the event that it doesn't you might just need to install the older versions as well. I think you'd want to actually go through the install/reinstall process for it rather than just putting the .dll somewhere, but to be honest I've never messed with that stuff much.

Birichino wrote:Can't prey just level up through other means? Even little items scattered around the game world which give XP, if you have the right justification, meaning you can give them fixed max levels at fixed times.

It's not really got anything close to a combat system, so leveling doesn't actually give any advantage to prey since you're not getting new skills or better stats or that sort of thing. If anything, a player who prefers being (unwilling) prey actually wants to avoid leveling up.

The way the levels work is that the game checks your level in the event that you decide to attack someone instead of talking to them - if it's high enough, you win and get the opportunity to eat them, if it's not then they'll beat you up and almost always lead to an unwilling or unconscious prey scene. The level doesn't come into play at all outside of those situations. Of course there will also be different sorts of pred and prey scenes available through conversation as well, and in most cases there will also be an opportunity to just flee or otherwise avoid an encounter completely.

Also, regarding the bit where I mentioned maybe needing to be a pred to win the game, I'm rethinking that from this feedback. I haven't actually planned much of the ending so far, so once it comes time to make it, it wouldn't be hard at all to make sure that players can get through using a series of choices that avoid level checks or eating people. So I'll probably just do that instead, eventually.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Birichino » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:54 pm

RikuHidanza wrote:

While I agree that prey should try to be represented fairly in vore games I will say this. If you like being prey and not pred then realisticly you shouldn't be making it that far in the first place because you like to be eaten.

That being said if at the start of the game you could pick a personality type of pred or prey and that effects encounters from there on out it would be a easy way If not time consuming to create to represent both pred and prey fairly with prey lvling up by surviving their preds

Even prey can have pride, you know. Personally, I kind of have a thing for the prey being arguably more powerful -or at least more authoritative- than the pred.
But I guess if you think of it as a pred forcing their way through the game and a prey styling it, with the same options outside of vore available to each, it's okay, anyway.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Azirov » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:52 am

Any news on the update ?
Azirov
Somewhat familiar

Postby RediQ » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:29 pm

School, work, family, blah. Literally haven't had a day off in more than 3 weeks. In retrospect, I'm sure I could have had it done by now if I were putting in small amounts of work on a semi-regular basis instead of waiting until I can finish it in one nonstop burst, but whatever, everything looks simpler in retrospect.

The good news is that I'll have a ton of free time this weekend, finally. I'm already editing a couple scenes before bed tonight, I plan to be working on it as much as I can tomorrow evening, and I'm gonna do everything I can to have a much larger version of the game posted on saturday or sunday night. Ideally, it'll be released on saturday and i'll have sunday to fix whatever mistakes or bugs you guys happen to find.

I know I'm already way behind the schedules I've been giving so far, but I mean it this time! The scope of release #2 has kinda grown from what I initially thought it would be - it's still the same number of encounters, but there are a ton more branches and variations and detail than what I expected to write, and I hope people are gonna enjoy that.
RediQ
Participator

Postby Birichino » Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Well, hey. Life generally takes precidence over weird fetish projects, right? Even if they are particularly good on their own merits.
Birichino
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kreeyz » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:15 pm

Interesting project, I'll follow up the development and good job so far :D
Kreeyz
Participator

Postby MissedIt » Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:00 pm

keep downloading it, cant seem to get it to work...
MissedIt
---

Postby RediQ » Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:33 am

Update: The update definitely won't be finished tonight. But I've made a lot of progress and can double-down on the guarantee that it'll be done this weekend. Monday (labor day) night at the absolute latest. This last encounter sequence is turning out to be about as big as the rest of the game's scenes combined, it's got like 8 endings and a ton of branches just on its own.

MissedIt wrote:keep downloading it, cant seem to get it to work...

What kind of error are you getting?
RediQ
Participator

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:09 am

Well I used a lot of effort getting this game to work, and it was quite short. I like what I am seeing so far though.

I would suggest having the girl who tells us that the game is incomplete, Vore the main character. I also know it might be more work, but I would also realy apreciate the ability to chose the look of the main character. Well since I already made two suggestions in this paragraph I might as well make more. I would love to see a Rival Character who repeatedly Vores the main character only to have her escape, like the Red Haired Girl in Mysta's Myst Adventure. And of course more secret Suprise Vore for chosing weird diolague options like what happens when you refuse to vore the first girl.

I guess thats enough of me telling you how I would make a game though. Iook forward to seeing more from this game.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game