skyrim devourment Online Server

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: skyrim devourment Online Server

Postby 20threeyears » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:50 pm

well that's a shame really
20threeyears
New to the forum

Postby Chryseum » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Well the mod is in early stages. It may be awhile, but it'll work eventually, I'm sure. Just have to give the author a little time.
Chryseum
---

Postby 20threeyears » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 pm

It'd be nice to see it completed eventually. Definitely following the mods.
20threeyears
New to the forum

Postby kenny316 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am

Just in case people aren't following the online mod much... new update again. (just passing along info as i see it)

1.1.0 - Quest synchronization has been implemented. A new server option "questtype" determines the type of synchronization, -1 (no synchronization, best performance), 0 (host synchronization, default), 1 (ffa synchronization, everyone's quests synchronize with everyone else). Removed cluttered code from the server.
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Gah » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:49 am

kenny316 wrote:Just in case people aren't following the online mod much... new update again. (just passing along info as i see it)

1.1.0 - Quest synchronization has been implemented. A new server option "questtype" determines the type of synchronization, -1 (no synchronization, best performance), 0 (host synchronization, default), 1 (ffa synchronization, everyone's quests synchronize with everyone else). Removed cluttered code from the server.

That's neat and all, but what's that have to do with mods linking up? Or devourment being available?
Gah
Participator

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:35 am

He was only providing information to an update to show there's progress being made. There's no need to jump on him.

If you want to know how it helps the mod: Quest synchronization. This paves the way for mod synchronization in the future.
Chryseum
---

Postby AMCJavelin » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:51 pm

For now I am bookmarking this thread, I can't do this Skyrim multiplayer right now, new connection can't hack it sadly, but I have my eye on it
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby kenny316 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:29 am

Chryseum wrote:He was only providing information to an update to show there's progress being made. There's no need to jump on him.

If you want to know how it helps the mod: Quest synchronization. This paves the way for mod synchronization in the future.

I learned never to try to keep people in the loop about a mod ever again.. haha
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rathdakrogan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:17 am

well if quest sync is implemented then all we need to do is try to get devourment think the other player is an npc... it works and then dosent what i found interesting is that when my friend and i tried the game allowed it to work but all he saw was himself dying... it treated him as an npc.
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

Postby DigiThing » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Guys the server works on LAN! so you will need something like Hamatchi or Evolve
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby rathdakrogan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:30 pm

good news I finally got my official server a dell poweredge running at 2.33ghz core and is a rail one so far everything runs except skyrim which requires a pretty hefty graphics card whichs comes Monday so ill send the details Saturday or sunday and plan to do a live recording Monday for youtube showcasing the server if anyone Is interested in being in it or doing a server stress run send me a message or let me know in the chat... ill upload pics of the server tonight and show all the details and specs for those interested!!!! Rath out!!
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

Postby kongpow » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:44 am

DigiThing wrote:Guys the server works on LAN! so you will need something like Hamatchi or Evolve

Tungle will work as well I bet.

rathdakrogan wrote:good news I finally got my official server a dell poweredge running at 2.33ghz core and is a rail one so far everything runs except skyrim which requires a pretty hefty graphics card whichs comes Monday so ill send the details Saturday or sunday and plan to do a live recording Monday for youtube showcasing the server if anyone Is interested in being in it or doing a server stress run send me a message or let me know in the chat... ill upload pics of the server tonight and show all the details and specs for those interested!!!! Rath out!!

This is interesting, so Devourment works with the multiplayer mod but not on other players? But players can witness it working on npc?
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rathdakrogan » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:37 am

from what we know no it is witnessable if you both have the mods my friend was able to see it work, that was in lan though... as for the server it requires a graphics card meaning i had to go out and get a riser which comes monday.
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chryseum » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:17 pm

If you actually do plan to do a stress test soon, I'd happily help out. I've been following the mod but every test I've personally done has been to no avail. As for DigiThing's post on Hamachi/Evolve, they should be able to work via either program. Hope to see more updates in the near future.
Chryseum
---

Postby rathdakrogan » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:55 am

alright the riser for the server was a bust so I order an new graphics card for the server a 2gb zotac 610 low profile graphics card that will in fact work, the issue I have is the server requires an express 2.0 to work or 1.1 so my graphics I own wouldn't operate so long and behold had to purchase a new one, luckly it arrives tomorrow go prime so once up I will upload the op system. just an fye the system will run with the mods cbbe the main one, devourment .65, gender specific audio, and finally strangermod so I guess you don't need all of them but it may improve the experiences, expect on the 28-1 to have the server up just in time for zootopia. thanks to everyone who kept up with this despite me going dark ive run into many potholes working on this.
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

Postby kongpow » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:17 pm

rathdakrogan wrote:alright the riser for the server was a bust so I order an new graphics card for the server a 2gb zotac 610 low profile graphics card that will in fact work, the issue I have is the server requires an express 2.0 to work or 1.1 so my graphics I own wouldn't operate so long and behold had to purchase a new one, luckly it arrives tomorrow go prime so once up I will upload the op system. just an fye the system will run with the mods cbbe the main one, devourment .65, gender specific audio, and finally strangermod so I guess you don't need all of them but it may improve the experiences, expect on the 28-1 to have the server up just in time for zootopia. thanks to everyone who kept up with this despite me going dark ive run into many potholes working on this.

Sweet, I'll put together a data folder for this that contains the minimum pre requisites for dev.65

In order for say, a hairstyle to be seen by all players on the server, that hair mod needs to be activated on the server box host as well right? If this is in fact the way it works, I could see requests to include mods becoming a thing in the future.

vanilla hair... "shudders"

cheers!

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chryseum » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:04 pm

Well mods are client side, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not entirely sure, but I have a really strong feeling (80% sure) they are. If I'm wrong however, please tell me, because I'd hate to be saying it if I am.
Chryseum
---

Postby Pilum » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:48 pm

To clarify a few things I know about the mod:

The author, Siegfre, has done a very impressive job of putting multiplayer into Skyrim, but it isn't perfect, and is full of bugs. He hasn't put much work into the mod recently, but according to the mod thread on the Nexus website, he should be coming out with another update soon.

As for other mods working with the mod: For the best possible integration, all players on the server must be using the same mods in the same load order. Entries loaded from a mod are given specific identifications in the format of XXYYYYYY, where XX is the load order and YYYYYY is the location in that .esp file. If you don't have the same mods and load order, the entries loaded will not be the same. From what I've seen, and given the nature of the mod, this won't lead to wild glitchiness, but entries just not loading. If player A is wearing an armor that player B doesn't have in their mod list, player B does not glitch, but does not see player A's armor and they're instead rendered as wearing nothing.

I have not tested the mod with devourment or any of its features, so I cannot say anything about devourment working with it. The mod includes NPC and quest synchronization, which are needed by devourment, but I do not know about magic effects/spells being synchronized.

What I would recommend: Whoever is hosting the server should post a mod list and their load order for the server that they are running. For best compatibility, anyone wanting to join their server should download the same mods and put them in the same load order. It would be best to establish a standard list of mods between all participating players, in the case of some people wanting to include specific armors, hair, faces, weapons, etc. I'd advise against everyone dumping in a bunch of requested mods, as it means everyone else would have to download a lot more mods and adds plenty of other complications. The closer you are to vanilla Skyrim, the better the mod will work.
Pilum
Participator

Postby kongpow » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Pilum wrote:To clarify a few things I know about the mod:

The author, Siegfre, has done a very impressive job of putting multiplayer into Skyrim, but it isn't perfect, and is full of bugs. He hasn't put much work into the mod recently, but according to the mod thread on the Nexus website, he should be coming out with another update soon.

As for other mods working with the mod: For the best possible integration, all players on the server must be using the same mods in the same load order. Entries loaded from a mod are given specific identifications in the format of XXYYYYYY, where XX is the load order and YYYYYY is the location in that .esp file. If you don't have the same mods and load order, the entries loaded will not be the same. From what I've seen, and given the nature of the mod, this won't lead to wild glitchiness, but entries just not loading. If player A is wearing an armor that player B doesn't have in their mod list, player B does not glitch, but does not see player A's armor and they're instead rendered as wearing nothing.

I have not tested the mod with devourment or any of its features, so I cannot say anything about devourment working with it. The mod includes NPC and quest synchronization, which are needed by devourment, but I do not know about magic effects/spells being synchronized.

What I would recommend: Whoever is hosting the server should post a mod list and their load order for the server that they are running. For best compatibility, anyone wanting to join their server should download the same mods and put them in the same load order. It would be best to establish a standard list of mods between all participating players, in the case of some people wanting to include specific armors, hair, faces, weapons, etc. I'd advise against everyone dumping in a bunch of requested mods, as it means everyone else would have to download a lot more mods and adds plenty of other complications. The closer you are to vanilla Skyrim, the better the mod will work.

Ah then it works very similarly to hosting a dedicated server for a source game like say Gmod. Only there is no built in downloader to get the clients the needed files when they connect to the server. Rather the clients have to manually add the mods themselves before hand.

Good to know it doesn't just break when clients are missing files. Keeping the mod list size small and essential will be the way to go then. I'm still gona try to run an enb on my end, I don't see it not working as it doesn't involve the data folder and should be client side only, but the host probably shouldn't run an enb or any graphical or visiual enhancements because they are huge resource sinks, which would probably impact server performance. Any mod with a large filesize is a bad idea. (hello frozen tundra my old friend.)

SkyUI, SKSE, CBBE, devourment and it's addons/fixes, and HDT physics are the ones I consider as essential for this. Although I won't like it, I can live with vanilla hair, but what about mods that could be considered essential for skyrim? Such as the unnofficial skyrim patches , brawl bugs patch, and fnis (I'm pretty sure generate_fnis_for_users is needed to get the static belly animation working properly, as well as being required for pretty much anything that adds animations). With the nsfw nature of this project and this site, Sexlab/Submit should also be considered I think.

Cheers!

OFFTOPIC PICTURE: Greetings from the 24/7 irradiated hellhole that is my fallout 4!
Attachments
greetings.jpg

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby rathdakrogan » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:51 am

Welp the part comes on the fifth now so a minir delay the part I ordered was once again incorrect due to the way dell made the poweredge motherboard anyways I have to irder straight from dell themselves to make sure it was correct. Anyways ive hopefully added some photos to go with this post.
Attachments
20160227_130003.jpg
Server blackredragoness
20160227_130020.jpg
Graphics card 2gb zotac 610
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game