skyrim devourment Online Server

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: skyrim devourment Online Server

Postby kenny316 » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Chryseum wrote:
rathdakrogan wrote: im using windows 8.1 which isnt quite working so I'm about to upgrade to linux server software...

If you like, I could try to host a server until you get one set up?

yes, please!
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chryseum » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:25 pm

kenny316 wrote:
Chryseum wrote:
rathdakrogan wrote: im using windows 8.1 which isnt quite working so I'm about to upgrade to linux server software...

If you like, I could try to host a server until you get one set up?

yes, please!

Before I do I'd like permission from Rath, as it was his initial idea to host the server. If I am allowed to, I'll post the stuff here until he's ready to bring in his own.
Chryseum
---

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:30 am

I'll definitely follow this with interest...though I personally like a more Co-Op game rather than PvP. That might just be my history with other people being jerks using friendly fire, but I personally favor a game without such allowed.
Looking for RP:
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f ... 68#p419268

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.
Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Jacobdragon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:51 am

What mods are you using?
Jacobdragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby kenny316 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:33 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:I'll definitely follow this with interest...though I personally like a more Co-Op game rather than PvP. That might just be my history with other people being jerks using friendly fire, but I personally favor a game without such allowed.

I think you can still use tgm.. so it wouldn't matter lol
kenny316
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Midir » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:33 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:I'll definitely follow this with interest...though I personally like a more Co-Op game rather than PvP. That might just be my history with other people being jerks using friendly fire, but I personally favor a game without such allowed.

The thing is, NPCs are not synchronized at the moment. Each player sees their own NPCs. So it is probably absolutely impossible. PVP is still...better than nothing I guess?

Probably wouldn't be able to do it with vore, still.
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chryseum » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:46 am

Midir wrote:

The thing is, NPCs are not synchronized at the moment. Each player sees their own NPCs. So it is probably absolutely impossible. PVP is still...better than nothing I guess?

Probably wouldn't be able to do it with vore, still.

They are working on NPC syncronization, so co-op can be possible. I'm also sure the mod will work on other players, but the best way to test it would be to use the non-lethal swallow.
Chryseum
---

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:06 pm

Yeah, I saw that in the notes. Although I'm wondering if dovatransfer would break the mod...considering the niche of devourment, I wouldn't think he thought of it. If I'd join a server I might use a second install of skyrim, just because my single player game is modded to oblivion (har har...) and might not appreciate the strain of online. The comprehensive list of mods is big. In a plus aspect, co-op players would be far more intelligent than followers.
Also I missed if there was a chat feature or would players be reliant on a chat program?
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Chryseum » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Yeah, I saw that in the notes. Although I'm wondering if dovatransfer would break the mod...considering the niche of devourment, I wouldn't think he thought of it. If I'd join a server I might use a second install of skyrim, just because my single player game is modded to oblivion (har har...) and might not appreciate the strain of online. The comprehensive list of mods is big. In a plus aspect, co-op players would be far more intelligent than followers.
Also I missed if there was a chat feature or would players be reliant on a chat program?

Most servers that were listed used a Teamspeak to communicate, so I don't think an in-game chat is implement as of current. Since you play Skyrim through steam, it wouldn't be hard to make a group that is themed on the server to use as a form of chat room.
Chryseum
---

Postby Gah » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:13 pm

Color me interested.
Gah
Participator

Postby rathdakrogan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 am

If you like, I could try to host a server until you get one set up?[/quote]

yes, please![/quote]

Before I do I'd like permission from Rath, as it was his initial idea to host the server. If I am allowed to, I'll post the stuff here until he's ready to bring in his own.[/quote]

That would be great im still hard at work trying to get it to work besides this is a community project anyone is okay to run a server i didnt want to prevent others from starting up
rathdakrogan
Been posting for a bit

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:12 am

rathdakrogan wrote: That would be great im still hard at work trying to get it to work besides this is a community project anyone is okay to run a server i didnt want to prevent others from starting up

Alright. I do have a few personal projects I'm working on. I should be able to get a server set up later on today though.
Chryseum
---

Postby Royal_Starlord » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:21 am

Question: How will you get the server running with the slowdown of certain perks that might interfere other players gameplay experience?
Royal_Starlord
Participator

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:41 am

Royal_Starlord wrote:Question: How will you get the server running with the slowdown of certain perks that might interfere other players gameplay experience?

Most things that affect a player are only through their game. Things like realistic needs or frostfall will only be seen on your screen, while weapon, armor, and race mods would be seen by other players if they owned the mod. I'd need you to tell me what you mean by certain perks before I could answer you better.
Chryseum
---

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:58 am

i think he mean perks like when you cope-in with archery with the slow-down perk.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:15 am

I'm not entirely sure. It'd have to be something to try and see once you got in game, but I have a feeling it might work.

Edit: I found that friendly fire with a bow is disabled in game, so the slow-down perk most likely doesn't affect players.
Chryseum
---

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 am

Before I saw someone post "if I don't have your mod I won't see it" or something to that effect. Has this been tested with races, or is this talking environmental/armor replacers, etc?
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:37 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:Before I saw someone post "if I don't have your mod I won't see it" or something to that effect. Has this been tested with races, or is this talking environmental/armor replacers, etc?

If you don't own it, you won't be able to see weapons, armor, races, or spells. So if you didn't own the devourment mod then you'd not be able to see when someone consumed another person.

Also, for any that want to attempt to join, I have a connection set up. The wan IP is 174.111.234.149, port forward 1283. I don't know if it'll work, but if you want to try you can, as I'd love to know if it's working correctly :) .
Chryseum
---

Postby Nomad_Zeke » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am

That's what it sounded like...I wasn't sure if that meant the game would drop in a generic body or your custom race would be completely invisible. It'll be interesting to see once I'm actually at home when a server is up
Looking for RP:

Nomad_Zeke
Participator

Postby Chryseum » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 am

Nomad_Zeke wrote:That's what it sounded like...I wasn't sure if that meant the game would drop in a generic body or your custom race would be completely invisible. It'll be interesting to see once I'm actually at home when a server is up

Well for races it may just toss in a generic body, I'm not sure. I'm hosting my server at the moment, but I don't know how well or if it will work, though.
Chryseum
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game