Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM, Version Anim.5 | Animated Preds?!

Postby cakemanisreal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:40 pm

Heh...I don't blame you,because only 4 of them are only ever in Smash...One of them just being from a Zelda game...
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby cakemanisreal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:14 pm

The update with the 5 new preds seems to cause a error causing Starbound to close after startup...Did you forget about something,dude...?
I will be planning on making a new modpack exclusively for ATLauncher; GajinCraft! I'll need help on which mods to add to this modpack,through...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sheights » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:35 pm

Go to Starbound/giraffe_storage/ and post me your starbound.log file in a PM
It works fine for me but let's see if I made a mistake with the version.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cakemanisreal » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 pm

I sent it to you,dude...Hopefully you can fix this...
cakemanisreal
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Fevix » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:54 pm

It's an error with the yoshi recipe. Starbound tries to make a blueprint from every item that has a recipe, and you have a recipe for "voreyoshi". There is no such item, the Yoshi in the mod is simply "yoshi". I've made that one change in my own and it works just fine.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sheights » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:03 pm

Fevix wrote:It's an error with the yoshi recipe. Starbound tries to make a blueprint from every item that has a recipe, and you have a recipe for "voreyoshi". There is no such item, the Yoshi in the mod is simply "yoshi". I've made that one change in my own and it works just fine.

Nah, he was having issues with the new pred 'cause he made edits to them.
As for issue you are having, we really do need better version control. Delete SYV and you can find all the yoshis in the latest version of the mod I posted a page back.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PerfectDark » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:06 am

Sheights wrote:
Fevix wrote:It's an error with the yoshi recipe. Starbound tries to make a blueprint from every item that has a recipe, and you have a recipe for "voreyoshi". There is no such item, the Yoshi in the mod is simply "yoshi". I've made that one change in my own and it works just fine.

As for issue you are having, we really do need better version control. Delete SYV and you can find all the yoshis in the latest version of the mod I posted a page back.

We might want to set up a github with version control, or add in more numbers to the mod.
[Update name].(main version).(hotfix number).

And yeah, the yoshi recipe should have been fixed very early on. I decided to add on "vore" infront of all recipes incase you had something not related to vore and a character, to avoid conflicts.
We'll look into version control shortly. Sorry for the issues it has caused you.
PerfectDark
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelofHell64 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:44 pm

Two things I have found, one bug one maybe not a bug, and a little question as well. First of all, you can get attacked by enemies will inside a pred, not sure if that's able to be changed really. Second, The pink hungry bunny big does not have a belly when you get inside her, not sure about the safe pink bunny though. And the question, is there a hungry nude female? or just a safe nude female?
AngelofHell64
Participator

Postby Fevix » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:57 pm

PerfectDark wrote:
Sheights wrote:

We might want to set up a github with version control, or add in more numbers to the mod.
[Update name].(main version).(hotfix number).

And yeah, the yoshi recipe should have been fixed very early on. I decided to add on "vore" infront of all recipes incase you had something not related to vore and a character, to avoid conflicts.
We'll look into version control shortly. Sorry for the issues it has caused you.

I'm rather partial to Semantic Versioning. Essentially: Major.Minor.Patch
Patch is incremented whenever you change something without adding or removing features. Software that differs only in Patch version (eg., 2.1.1 vs 2.1.8) should be compatible, because you haven't actually added new items/objects/functionality/etc., simply made bugfixes or cosmetic changes.
Minor is incremented when you add new things, or take out old things. If the Minor version doesn't match, the software is incompatible (eg., 2.1.1 vs 2.0.1) because the Minor version denotes changes either to core components, or to other things that are not cosmetic in nature. (If you add a new predator, for example, someone using an old version won't have the new predator, and so will crash when their game encounters it.) Patch version resets to 0 when incrementing Minor version.
Major is large changes to the code base, or large amounts of new features. Unlike Minor, Major has no real criteria, it's more just whenever the devs feel like incrementing Major. Much like Minor, Major versions are not compatible with eachother. (2.1.1 vs 3.0.0). Minor and Patch are both reset to 0 when incrementing Major.

For example, with Semantic versioning, we would likely be somewhere around 2.5.0. Major v. 2 because I believe the animation support warrants a Major version, Minor v 5 because there's been some new preds added in (In bursts, it seems), and Patch v 0 because I haven't noticed any releases solely for bugfixes since the last Minor release.
Fevix
Somewhat familiar

Postby treebuddy » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:27 pm

<w< now to put some chaos , we are not even in version 1.0 if you look closely there's a dot -> . <- so it mean version 0.5 its not complete °o° and we are working hard every days to make it ^v^ and were still looking fore any people who wants to help . so dont be shy >u< and offer your support.
treebuddy
Participator

Postby GrinningSinning » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Been trying to install this for a little, can I get a tutorial somewhere?
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:44 pm

I think since there are [CV] tags for the CV preds, maybe we can add tags for the ones with disposal if they get implemented. I'd love to see my avatar's gooey remains being shot out all over the place <3
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby PerfectDark » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:13 pm

Zackatack98 wrote:Been trying to install this for a little, can I get a tutorial somewhere?

Simply unpack the zip file into your Starbound/giraffe_storage/ folder and launch the game.
PerfectDark
Somewhat familiar

Postby GrinningSinning » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Thanks.
GrinningSinning
New to the forum

Postby Twister231 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Sorry if this is an unnecessary question but I downloaded this but I don't know how to start it up, can someone help me?
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sheights » Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Twister231 wrote:Sorry if this is an unnecessary question but I downloaded this but I don't know how to start it up, can someone help me?

The answer is literally two posts above you...

The long answer is. You want to unzip the folder to you Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Twister231 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:05 pm

Sheights wrote:
Twister231 wrote:Sorry if this is an unnecessary question but I downloaded this but I don't know how to start it up, can someone help me?

The answer is literally two posts above you...

The long answer is. You want to unzip the folder to you Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder.

I don't see a Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder.
Twister231
Somewhat familiar

Postby Sheights » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:29 am

Twister231 wrote:
I don't see a Starbound/giraffe_storage/mods folder.

The starbound folder is in your steam library folder. You could even search your computer for "giraffe_storage" and probably find it.
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby treebuddy » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:06 am

look at the picture should show you what to do , and its pretty easy <w< so i think you'l be alright

note i think its the 3rd time i post this <o<
Attachments
got ya.png
got yeah.png
treebuddy
Participator

Postby Lucca_Manadragon » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:19 pm

A pred id like to see in the list is Flammie from Secret of Mana, possibly animated with a lil belly wiggle :3~o heres a good sprite sheet to use for it, specially the standing ones in the middle http://spritedatabase.net/files/mobile/ ... lammie.png
"By the will of mana, I shall protect the meek and helpless" ~Lucca
Lucca_Manadragon
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game