Unofficial SSVM

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM

Postby seth270 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:40 am

Keep up the Good Work Sheights and Please do take your time with this As many say

" You can't rush perfection "
seth270
Participator

Postby seth270 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:08 am

OOOk Fenerox are Bitches to spawn just so Everyone knows specically given their furiniture i keep getting Zebra Centaurs

*edit* Seems I've Discovered a Bug with our Long eared Fox Alien brethren They D.O.A (Die on arrival)
seth270
Participator

Postby Znonymous » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:11 pm

"Sheights shouldn't waste his time repeating himself to everyone who asks him the same questions. Seriously, he's told people to check the FAQ before"

Basically that. Leeches will cause a burn out in any creator. So was just a fair warning, but ohmy did that bring out the insane bits.
Znonymous
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Znonymous wrote:"Sheights shouldn't waste his time repeating himself to everyone who asks him the same questions. Seriously, he's told people to check the FAQ before"

Basically that. Leeches will cause a burn out in any creator. So was just a fair warning, but ohmy did that bring out the insane bits.

Honestly I would like to say you are absolutely correct. Sheights should not tend to people who won't take the time to read an FAQ. And it's definitely important Sheights uses all the time at his disposal working towards updates to the mod rather than people who clearly need more patience to troubleshooting their game.

People that lashed out at you honestly need to think about what you said in technical terms. You weren't insulting Sheights at all, you were just giving some technical advice. I'm surprised that people didn't at least show some courtesy to your advice.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Darken » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:49 pm

anyone know where to find the micro vor dungeons?
Darken
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:44 pm

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:
Znonymous wrote:"Sheights shouldn't waste his time repeating himself to everyone who asks him the same questions. Seriously, he's told people to check the FAQ before"

Honestly I would like to say you are absolutely correct. Sheights should not tend to people who won't take the time to read an FAQ. And it's definitely important Sheights uses all the time at his disposal working towards updates to the mod rather than people who clearly need more patience to troubleshooting their game.

People that lashed out at you honestly need to think about what you said in technical terms. You weren't insulting Sheights at all, you were just giving some technical advice. I'm surprised that people didn't at least show some courtesy to your advice.

I think he could've phrased it better. His current phrasing felt insulting and snobbish.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:01 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:
Dragonvorelover135 wrote:

I think he could've phrased it better. His current phrasing felt insulting and snobbish.

Sure but no where in his statement did he demand or imply Sheights to do anything. I'm not sure where you got the idea what he was saying isn't helpful. It's actually pretty bad that people are unable to get a mod to work for a game like this to the point of bothering Sheights to fix it.

If anything he's giving advice to not treat people who can't follow an FAQ as if Sheights was their "Servant" to help them. You still lashed out without much thought to it. If it was badly worded then next time just tell them that.
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Shroomz » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:43 am

One's personal misunderstanding does not mean that something was said badly. It just means you didn't get it. Normally this is where I'd hope to see apologies from those who absolutely jumped on the guy for doing nothing wrong, but this is the internet and I won't get my hopes up.

More on topic though, I hope Sheights is having a good go of things lately. I'm wondering a bit, are there any 'expansions' of the Food Mall in mind right now? I can't think of any in particular I'd be LOOKING for persay, I'm just curious if there are already ideas for other services there, like some kind of gambling game with noms at the end. Come to think, I've got no idea how hard it'd be to do, but you might set up like a roulette room and have a random pred object spawn near the table when you arrive, and clicking the table rolls a RNG to see if you get nommed. I know some people like that kind of thing. Might not be worth the effort though.
Shroomz
Been posting for a bit

Postby nanakra » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:19 pm

*Blushes*

Znonymous's clarified statement is a lot better worded than the one they posted first.
Their original came off as kind of pretentious to me and being the hot headed fire fairy that I am, I took it the wrong way.
That being said, my response wasn't any better and I do apologize to you Znonymous.
I didn't mean to jump down your throat.
Unless you wanted me to. I am quite small and tasty.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Znonymous » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Ahhh well. Considering I'm often a rather curvy ice fairy. That could cause an interesting reaction..
Znonymous
Somewhat familiar

Postby DrHotDog » Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:26 pm

I found that the .modinfo file is missing in the 8.3.0, should i use the one from the 8.2.0 release? I also didn't manage to use Nexus Mod Manager to install it, conflict problem between 8.3 and 8.2.
DrHotDog
Been posting for a bit

Postby HS » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:31 am

lbnesquik wrote:I found that the .modinfo file is missing in the 8.3.0, should i use the one from the 8.2.0 release? I also didn't manage to use Nexus Mod Manager to install it, conflict problem between 8.3 and 8.2.

There's no need to use the mod manager. SSVM isn't a Nexus mod anyway. Just follow the instructions at https://github.com/Sheights/StarboundSimpleVoreMod/wiki/Download-and-Installation to install the mod.

Also, it seems the .modinfo isn't needed anymore. I assume that the _metadata does what it used to do.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:39 am

Okay this is interesting. =w=;; I left a "furniture" named Callie, a big-tailed kobold, on my ship with the crew... and I come back to find her with a cigar and a tommy gun talking like a 40s gangster with the "Nyah sey, nyah nyah" and she isnt a furniture anymore.
ooh it was also the Healing one.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby seth270 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:10 am

Just a lil question out of curiousity only(Not in anyway pushing anything) but when could we potentially see another update to the mod? I know Sheights plans to release something for halloween which is cool but my question more refers to future additions. again I'm not pushing content to be made just asking out of curiousity
seth270
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:03 am

seth270 wrote:Just a lil question out of curiousity only(Not in anyway pushing anything) but when could we potentially see another update to the mod? I know Sheights plans to release something for halloween which is cool but my question more refers to future additions. again I'm not pushing content to be made just asking out of curiousity

Updates happen on the eighth and twenty third of every month I think, so there will probably be an update Sunday. Unless of course it gets pushed back and added onto an update on Halloween. But I don't think that will happen.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:44 am

I have read back a few pages but I couldn't find any information about this.

What rules has current mod authors have about editing/contributing to the mod?

If it is allowed I want to add the ability for NPCs digest (instead of just teleporting back to your ship as soon as you die) and poop you out. After a bit your character than respawns.

(I have already made a really rough version of it that works like the harpy eggs).

If allowed would anyone else be interested in it?
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby DollyFailFail » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:17 am

FoxyVixen21 wrote:I have read back a few pages but I couldn't find any information about this.

What rules has current mod authors have about editing/contributing to the mod?

If it is allowed I want to add the ability for NPCs digest (instead of just teleporting back to your ship as soon as you die) and poop you out. After a bit your character than respawns.

(I have already made a really rough version of it that works like the harpy eggs).

If allowed would anyone else be interested in it?

I think the main reason nothing disposal has been added is because not everyone likes it, and they want the mod to be enjoyable by as many people as possible, but yeah, I'd be down for it. However it's probably never going to be added to the main mod, you can still probably make your own copy WITH disposal for people to use though.
Heyyyy! I don't think we've met before. I'm just your average Punk Girl ehehehe!!
DollyFailFail
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:49 am

failbird105 wrote:I think the main reason nothing disposal has been added is because not everyone likes it, and they want the mod to be enjoyable by as many people as possible, but yeah, I'd be down for it. However it's probably never going to be added to the main mod, you can still probably make your own copy WITH disposal for people to use though.

As long as they mind me doing a copy based off their work then I will be happy with that. Since it is their mod it is really up to them. :)
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:32 pm

FoxyVixen21 wrote:
failbird105 wrote:I think the main reason nothing disposal has been added is because not everyone likes it, and they want the mod to be enjoyable by as many people as possible, but yeah, I'd be down for it. However it's probably never going to be added to the main mod, you can still probably make your own copy WITH disposal for people to use though.

As long as they mind me doing a copy based off their work then I will be happy with that. Since it is their mod it is really up to them. :)

I think the main reason the mod doesn't have disposal content is that nobody's really submitted disposal content. There IS a merchant in the Food Hall, hidden away off ta the right, underneath the bathroom, that's meant fer this stuff. Nothin' brown yet, though, just some bone piles and other sorts of disposal.

If ya wanna make a separate addon, though, ya don't have ta do a complete copy of the mod. When ya make a mod, there's a metadata file. (Look fer the file in existin' mods ta get a better idea on how it's put together.) If ya add...
Code: Select all
  "requires" : "ssvm",
to yer mod's metadata file, Starbound will load SSVM first, and your mod won't have ta worry about missin' SSVM files. So fer example, you could make a "pomerchant.object.patch" file and add items to the sewer store that way, and not have Starbound scream at ya because it hasn't loaded the po merchant itself yet.

Could take an existin' NPC as a base; there's those puffy aquatic NPCs (shark, orca, catfish) that are programmed ta burp up some bones and play a burp sound effect if their prey gets digested. You could try usin' that code and replace the bones with the existin' vanilla "poop" item. As fer sound effects... there's some "sandworm" sound effects in the vanilla Starbound files as well. They might be more fittin' than the name implies. :P
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:22 am

ArgobargSoup wrote:I think the main reason the mod doesn't have disposal content is that nobody's really submitted disposal content. There IS a merchant in the Food Hall, hidden away off ta the right, underneath the bathroom, that's meant fer this stuff. Nothin' brown yet, though, just some bone piles and other sorts of disposal.

If ya wanna make a separate addon, though, ya don't have ta do a complete copy of the mod. When ya make a mod, there's a metadata file. (Look fer the file in existin' mods ta get a better idea on how it's put together.) If ya add...
Code: Select all
  "requires" : "ssvm",
to yer mod's metadata file, Starbound will load SSVM first, and your mod won't have ta worry about missin' SSVM files. So fer example, you could make a "pomerchant.object.patch" file and add items to the sewer store that way, and not have Starbound scream at ya because it hasn't loaded the po merchant itself yet.

Could take an existin' NPC as a base; there's those puffy aquatic NPCs (shark, orca, catfish) that are programmed ta burp up some bones and play a burp sound effect if their prey gets digested. You could try usin' that code and replace the bones with the existin' vanilla "poop" item. As fer sound effects... there's some "sandworm" sound effects in the vanilla Starbound files as well. They might be more fittin' than the name implies. :P

Yeah I was able to edit the Harpy and use the egg as quick and rough example. It worked as intented. I will make a seperate addon using the 'requires' and patch the merchant you mentioned upload it soon to see what people think.
FoxyVixen21
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game