Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0Z

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:54 pm

it's just a thought but, could you mabey add a prey type monster... if there isn't already one? please? something like a fawn or something
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0ZA

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 16, 2016 1:35 pm

a prey type monster? someone wants easy meals. But it takes all sorts.

and the poll has spoken. there will be support for larger than tile sprites next update. and there will be much rejoicing. Adding support for game over portraits I've decided to postpone, no one uses portraits outside of game overs after all so its not like portraits are in wide use that needs to be expanded.
darkevilme
---

Postby Cygni » Wed May 25, 2016 12:25 am

So what's in store for the next update? Do you have any sort of roadmap?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed May 25, 2016 9:25 am

funny you should ask that.

Alpha 10 will include:
a readme file (such informative)
Useability improvements (much hotkey)
new location dungeon (so danger)
new enemies (lot scary)
new smut scenes (wow lewd)
auto-scaling npc sprites (large sophistication)
a rename of the project from tech demo to alpha (much milestone)

As for a roadmap of the future:

my current plan has a series of implementation goals. vote here for which one comes in the update after this one.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10307637

Some implementation goals lead to others later on that I'll reveal when the time comes. But the main thing I want right now, and I admit I'm struggling with..is content. Alpha Minoris 2 isn't anywhere near complete and needs a lot more work. And I want to have at least one other planet in the star system that's close to complete. If by some miracle though I end up with 2 planets, a moon and a spacehulk all near enough complete in the game I will start tackling a significant expansion of the game.

Faster than light travel and the assembly of other starsystems (and later, npc ships, ship to ship combat, ship boarding)

So that's the plan. Keep on tackling the implementation goals and try to garner enough inspiration, ideas, guest writers, third party content to fully build the first starsystem.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Wed May 25, 2016 3:50 pm

If I could I would vote for additional enemies as it's always nice to have more than one new enemy to find with each update. But also for level up perks I have two perk ideas one being increased health regeneration and the other being more effective satiation consumption ( Aka drains slower ).

Those are my thoughts that I wanted to mention but weren't in the poll. However I still will give a vote in the poll to improve the feedback on what you have planned already!

Really has become one of my favorite vore games. Looking forward to what the future brings in updates!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Wed May 25, 2016 10:42 pm

So is the PC going to always be female, or will you be able to play as a male character?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 10

Postby darkevilme » Thu May 26, 2016 7:24 am

Dragonvorelover135 wrote:If I could I would vote for additional enemies as it's always nice to have more than one new enemy to find with each update.

I would put it up there. But for the fear that if I put up the direct option to vote for fetish content people would never vote for anything else. And I actually like the coding bits of this project. That being said as we've transitioned to Alpha I am going to make sure there is always some fetish content in each update from now on. How much is pretty dependent on how many guest writers I have during that period.

addendum: also dependent on levels of inspiration. Enemies often get added as and when ideas for their appearance, behaviour and most importantly new zones come to me. As I need some idea to create their location with and some notion of why the player is braving these beasties that seek to threaten and devour.

Maenethal wrote:So is the PC going to always be female, or will you be able to play as a male character?

No to both. once the mutators go in and I start writing content for it there will be an option to end up herm, but the player will always start off female and will never have the option of starting as a male. I have no enmity towards those who wish to play males. But its my hobby project and so I'm building it by and large according to my own preferences.

edit: and it's out. It's as complete as I can get it. I'm going on holiday saturday till next saturday so I won't be around next week to fix bugs or work on it. Enjoy.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/s7427fo0pfsu753/Nomad_alpha_10.zip
darkevilme
---

Postby Runek » Tue May 31, 2016 9:09 am

For whatever reason I find that you cant actually return to previous planets after leaving them, the game crashes and doesnt indicate a reason
Runek
Been posting for a bit

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:23 pm

i noticed you added unbirth skill, how does it worl?- edit, i found out
and i see you added fawns... thanks... they are hard to catch
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Runek wrote:For whatever reason I find that you cant actually return to previous planets after leaving them, the game crashes and doesnt indicate a reason

i have the same problem it crashes without an error report when trying to return to planets i have allready been too, mostly the one ye start on
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Unsurprised by errors. Disappointed. But not surprised. If someone would post up a link to where they uploaded a save file with this problem that'd be grand. It'd let me go beat it dead once i'm properly back.

also. Sending this message via my phone's wireless hub function and a mobile phone mast in rural france. So be glad for the unexpected developer presence.

Any other feedback? ideas I can steal for new stuff? locations? npcs? places of interest? player victory interactions with defeated npcs?
darkevilme
---

Postby vayne358 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:24 pm

finally decided to try this game out and instantly found something
When i met the mushroom mom monster in the cave on the first planet if she fully seduced me nothing happened. she just vanishes.
Also just a question since im stupid, how do i craft and stuff? i have no idea what im doing qwq
vayne358
Somewhat familiar

Postby Tira » Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:37 pm

The saves fail to load currently. The game simply crashes as you try to load.
Some bug with the x2 metal packs. I got 3x2 of them plus 2 of normal ones and failed to make a mace. But with splitting them into 3 different x2 made the craft work properly.
A bit hard to search for more bugs without save-load >.> raptor girls hit for 5dmg quite painful and often
Tira
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Alpha 10A

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:23 pm

okay. Back from holiday. new update out fixing syntax error (mushroom mother should BV again now) and hopefully fixing the 'stacks of stacks' error Tira was reporting and the related save load issue. No movement on whatever runek was mentioning as I lack error.log reports or a save file to diagnose the problem from.

Also. companions and faction support won the poll. though lord knows it's going to be a tricky one to implement. Meanwhile. I will try to formulate a good list of content to add to the update. It's post tech demo, each update should have content.
darkevilme
---

Postby warbrand4 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:50 pm

I doubt this is a good idea, but I have a suggetion.

STORY SUGGETION: the more I mess with this the more I think of a story for it, I doubt this will be concidered cause will it likely clashes with the actual story.

GAME start

upon starting instead of being in the escape pod start the player on a small ship with several NPC's that they can talk to, this start would have two main functions, One it allows players to get the gear they start with in a belivable way, and two it gives the players an objective.

Things to note from ship, when game starts player chooses their character info like before, then their ship job. once the job is selected the player "wakes up" in a cryo pod, is told to get dressed and report to their station.

JOBS

Ship security
info: start with better health, and a laser pistol.
station report: security.
unqiue start loot: energy cells, bullets, rifle.

ship cook
info: saturation recuces much slower, can cook.
station report: kitchen
unique loot: seeds, and food.
(seeds would likely require farming plots or something)

janitor
info: have a higher resolve and a knife
station report: bridge to clean a spill
unique loot: money, distress pulser (tells you where the other survivors set up camp)

Once you sellect your job, you move to your location, and jsut as you start to get to work the ship is hit with an asteroid causing the captain to lock down part of the ship and tell everyone to abandon ship. from there you move to one of the 6 escape pods on the ship (1 is only accessible through security, the rest are at the back)

Which pod you choose doesn't matter for location of landing but most have other survivors who will follow you if you let them. (other wise they stick to the a village near the crash zone and try to contact the others)

LANDING ZONE
upon landing, an AI in the pod informs you that the ship has gone down to the north east several miles away, though exact location is unknown, and that unkown avian like lifeforms are massing around the pod.

leaving the pod starts up a dialog which the player can either talk peace with the harpies around them, cause them to fear you, or cause their messanger to try and claim you.

None of the three options are fatal but all three change how the near by vilage acts around you.

talk peace, causes you any weapons you have, but they will give you a rest area for free.
fear: keep weapons, but you must trade for food and rest.
claimed: other survivors[if any] in pod killed via UB, your character is claimed as a slave, in this path you are allowed to keep weapons, and gain the free rest, but if you leave your hut with out your "owner" the hole town will be hostile to you.

YEah probibly to complex of an idea for a start and well probibly doesn't fit the game but hey no reason to not post it, and hope something in this post can be useful.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Cygni » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:31 pm

Your idea about that enslavement thing is interesting, but it would be very tedious. Like, pretty much Game Over, but you can still "play." If that was an option, you should be able to skip time, or do some stuff to not just be sitting there.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:48 am

@vayne358:

You can craft at a crafting bench, this isn't minecraft and you can't build things just anywhere. There's two benches on alpha minoris IIA (Where you start) and one on alpha minoris II. And your goal is to get off alpha minoris IIA and onto alpha minoris II.

spoiler guide:
Spoiler: show
the ship you need to escape in is located in the SE zone. the moon is a 2x2 grid of zones. to get it to fly you will need:
1. computation valves and scrap metal from the ruins in the NE. Use these to craft fuel tank and navigation console(at the crafting bench) and install them in the shuttle.
2. fuel, at least 10 crystals worth of it to reach alpha Minoris II comfortably. You can find fuel by raiding the locked room in the ruins or by invading the caves, the cave entrance is in the NW zone and is a large mass of different coloured stone. when you've acquired the fuel put it inside the fuel tank.
3. during this you might get hungry, scavenge alien fruit from the bushes in the SW.
4. Once you've got fuel and navigation the shuttle can take off, then head NE to reach alpha minoris II.

@ warbrand4 :

I think the starting equipment being a combination of items you find in the survival locker and had on you when the Heinlein broke is a perfectly reasonable explaination. Though two ideas I'm taking away from this is:
1. It could be useful to have a brief acclimatization period aboard the Heinlein. A tutorial of sorts, as currently players tend to complain they drop into the first world, go south, then get turned into pussy juice by the harpies before they've figured out what's going on or how to play. Having a bit aboard the Heinlein would alleviate that.

2. sometime after the FTL update it should be possible and indeed necessary to find the wreckage of the Heinlein and maybe that provides the necessary star charts to plot the location of earth.
darkevilme
---

Postby eeveerocks1000 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:41 pm

putting a knife in a generator crashes the game
eeveerocks1000
Somewhat familiar

Postby R3X » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:47 am

well, the game might try to teach you something there :p
Don't Panic
R3X