Nomad Vore Game Alpha 34.3C

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0V

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:44 am

The game won't even open for me. :C Stupid Java...
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:11 am

If it's the problem it was last time then it's still an issue that your openGL doesn't support the features Nomad's graphics engine requires. apologies.
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:30 am

Hey! Me again with another round of questions. So after a month or so of being able to do nothing but class work, I finally have a few hours to fool around with this again and continue making a few enemies. I updated myself to 0V now, and am just looking through the new NPC stuff, and was curious about a few things/want to make certain of a couple of assumptions I made thus far:

-I like the new move layout, a lot easier on the eyes!
-I noticed that the rangedMiss, and MeleeMiss texts were removed, assuming this is just handled by the player/game itself now? (not that I mind not having to think of new ways to say "You missed the 'X'!" for every monster)
-experience values also seem to be gone, are experience values just static now or based on player level or something?
-the new combatMove tag properties, I figure "name" is pretty self-explanitory, pattern I'm guessing is what determines if an attack is melee or ranged? If so, is it possible to set "how ranged" an attack is now? bonusAttribute, guessing that determines if a defined attribute can provide additional damage? and finally the "timeCost", it seems to be '2' for all of the current enemies, is that just a constant I should keep going with? I have no idea what it does.
-I noticed the robot has some new attributes, Kinetic, Tease and Shock, judging from the logic that a robot should be very strong to teasing, I'm guessing these function like weakness/resistances? If so, I like this a lot!
-Also on the robot, I'm curious what the statusTag (in this case combined with the tag "radio") does.
-Possibly related: You mentioned there's status conditions now (or rather, stun effects), how would I go about adding one of these? Is it possible to create attacks that have different chances to stun? (i.e. a very weak attack that has a 75% to stun, and a strong attack that only has a 30% chance to stun.)
komaru
???

Postby darkevilme » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:49 am

komaru wrote:-I like the new move layout, a lot easier on the eyes!
-I noticed that the rangedMiss, and MeleeMiss texts were removed, assuming this is just handled by the player/game itself now? (not that I mind not having to think of new ways to say "You missed the 'X'!" for every monster)

thanks. and the texts are now tied to the combat move not the target for that. same way as hit text is tied to the move.
-experience values also seem to be gone, are experience values just static now or based on player level or something?

experience values are still there in the files.
-the new combatMove tag properties, I figure "name" is pretty self-explanitory, pattern I'm guessing is what determines if an attack is melee or ranged? If so, is it possible to set "how ranged" an attack is now? bonusAttribute, guessing that determines if a defined attribute can provide additional damage? and finally the "timeCost", it seems to be '2' for all of the current enemies, is that just a constant I should keep going with? I have no idea what it does.

it's possible to add a how ranged ability. i was planning to add 'explosive' and 'aura' as the ranged and melee (affect all in a 1 tile radius of impact) but i can add a 'sorta ranged' pattern if you like.
bonus attribute for combat move determines what adds a bonus to hit. bonusAttribute="MELEE" means that master swordsman with attribute melee at 6 gets a +6 to hit. it also determines the defending attribute by pairing up. melee vs parry, ranged vs dodge, almost all else vs willpower. Also I've realized I've left some ranged weapons using melee as their bonus attribute just now...whoops. oh well, next update I'll have it corrected.
time cost determines how many time units using the move uses. and yes, most things cost 2 time units. taking a step while unencumbered for instance takes 2 TU. stick with 2 for now. I'm still working this feature out.
-I noticed the robot has some new attributes, Kinetic, Tease and Shock, judging from the logic that a robot should be very strong to teasing, I'm guessing these function like weakness/resistances? If so, I like this a lot!

actually. it and everything else has had support for this for a WHILE. the player's resistances and weaknesses are usually controlled by what they've got equipped. but the robot is the only prominent foe with resistances and weaknesses...and yes, its very strong against teasing...its a robot, and not even a sexbot, you cant seduce it.
-Also on the robot, I'm curious what the statusTag (in this case combined with the tag "radio") does.

status tags are for the new status effect system. it allows npcs to be vulnerable to or immune to certain breeds of status effects based on their tag (you can expect a tag poison on the robot when a poison attack comes in, poisoning robots is silly) take a look at the radio gun in the item list. it has <statusTag tag="radio" inverse="true"/> which indicates A, it's a status effect of type 'radio' and B, the inverse means it ONLY affects targets with that tag as opposed to being unable to affect those with that target and affecting everyone else. This means that the radio scrambling only works on robots, harpies dont have antenna on their head and aren't able to be affected.
-Possibly related: You mentioned there's status conditions now (or rather, stun effects), how would I go about adding one of these? Is it possible to create attacks that have different chances to stun? (i.e. a very weak attack that has a 75% to stun, and a strong attack that only has a 30% chance to stun.)

yes.
Code: Select all
<combatMove name="high impact" ammoCost="0" pattern="MELEE" bonusAttribute="MELEE" timeCost="2">
<effectDamage type="KINETIC" minValue="1" maxValue="6" modifier="STRENGTH"/>
<effectStatus probability="25">
<applyText>TARGET is stunned.</applyText>
<statusStun uid="9" duration="30">
TARGET is no longer stunned
</statusStun>
</effectStatus>
<missText count="1">
<text>you fail to whack TARGET</text>
</missText>
<hitText count="1">
<text>you clobber TARGET for VALUE damage</text>
</hitText>
</combatMove>

Code: Select all
<combatMove name="high stun" ammoCost="0" pattern="MELEE" bonusAttribute="MELEE" timeCost="2">
<effectDamage type="KINETIC" minValue="0" maxValue="3" modifier="STRENGTH"/>
<effectStatus probability="50">
<applyText>TARGET is stunned.</applyText>
<statusStun uid="9" duration="45">
TARGET is no longer stunned
</statusStun>
</effectStatus>
<missText count="1">
<text>you fail to whack TARGET</text>
</missText>
<hitText count="1">
<text>you clobber TARGET for VALUE damage</text>
</hitText>
</combatMove>
darkevilme
---

Postby komaru » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks for all of the info!

That status tag thing is actually pretty neat, I'll definitely have to start using that!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and on the topic of the "sort of ranged" thing, yeah, if it's not too much work, I think it'd be cool for things like a flamethrower type weapon, or a monster, with say a "whip"-like attack, or a short ranged charge to have like a 1 tile reach.
komaru
???

Postby GreenSlime » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:18 pm

So, i actually was thinking of updating tileset graphics. This is the first version, it's still terrible, but i am working on improving it, adding tiles for other landscapes (Jungle currently) and messing around with location .xml files to add variations of one tile (to reduce the mosaic effect).

But i have an important question: What kind of palette to use? I have earthlike greenish and teal/pink Hyper Light Drifter-like palettes on my mind. Which one do you people prefer?
Attachments
screenshot.png
GreenSlime
Participator

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0W

Postby darkevilme » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:49 pm

greenslime....wooo. tileset by someone who isn't me and thus can spare time and talent to make it look better. kudos.

I'll leave choosing between the two colourschemes to the community for this game though small as it is.

And UPDATE:
Apparently I broke combat in revamping it leaving a huge exploit. So I put out a fix for that. This fix also includes a few new features and bits of a not fully implemented features that aren't ready for prime time.

Things that weren't finished:
the spacehulk

things that were finished:
exposition (now possible to have written material, books, journal entries, etc, cause players weren't getting given enough information)
ship module placement revamp (old system was unintuitive and confusing, new system is ...different, maybe better.. i dont know i'm biased)
smart tiles (a new form of tile, see reference in the spacehulk to their use. these tiles are aware of whether they have identical tiles as neighbours and can have their image set to 1 of 16 pictures accordingly.)
Karma meter. solves the problem of omnivore players having the game on easy mode in comparison to prey players...in theory.
possibly other stuff i've forgotten along the way.

edit:
0W update released. SPACEHULK. new enemy.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0WA

Postby R3X » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:57 am

so, how does one get onto the spacehulk ? moving the shuttle onto it crashes the game for me
Don't Panic
R3X
Somewhat familiar

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0WB

Postby darkevilme » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:24 am

if the game crashes, then send me the error.log file. I will test this though, its quite possible this is an unfixed bug.

edit: FIXED
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0Y

Postby darkevilme » Sat May 07, 2016 10:56 am

new update out. relatively small but I want to save the 3rd character for bug fixes for now.

features:
more content for alpha minoris II
WASD and arrowkey support
other things i may have forgotten

and the future?

Still hoping for guest writers. Beyond that, at least suggestions for things to put on alpha minoris II would be good.

pull for next update:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10151358

edit:
note, arrow and WASD support only applies to the personal scale mode not space mode. space mode extension is coming but will be tomorrow at the earliest. use numpad in space mode until fix arrives.
darkevilme
---

Postby 1122334455 » Sat May 07, 2016 4:25 pm

darkevilme wrote:new update out. relatively small but I want to save the 3rd character for bug fixes for now.

features:
more content for alpha minoris II
WASD and arrowkey support
other things i may have forgotten

and the future?

Still hoping for guest writers. Beyond that, at least suggestions for things to put on alpha minoris II would be good.

pull for next update:
http://www.strawpoll.me/10151358

edit:
note, arrow and WASD support only applies to the personal scale mode not space mode. space mode extension is coming but will be tomorrow at the earliest. use numpad in space mode until fix arrives.

Is alpha Minoris 2 the large planet next to the large spaceship? if so i crash every time i go near it.
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sat May 07, 2016 4:36 pm

yep. yep it is. and no, no it shouldn't. Send me the contents of the error.log file...sending me your save is optional.

edit: sending me the save file is no longer optional as I can't reproduce this error on my end. also, dude you set your forum account to not receive private messages. stop sending me private messages i can't respond to.
darkevilme
---

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:10 pm

darkevilme wrote:yep. yep it is. and no, no it shouldn't. Send me the contents of the error.log file...sending me your save is optional.

edit: sending me the save file is no longer optional as I can't reproduce this error on my end. also, dude you set your forum account to not receive private messages. stop sending me private messages i can't respond to.

I get the error too.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
at shared.ParserHelper.LoadString(ParserHelper.java:71)
at zone.Zone.load(Zone.java:713)
at nomad.World.load(World.java:430)
at nomad.World.Generate(World.java:68)
at spaceship.SpaceshipActionHandler.land(SpaceshipActionHandler.java:113)
at solarview.SolarActionHandler.doAction(SolarActionHandler.java:24)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.handleCollision(PlayerShipController.java:54)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.move(PlayerShipController.java:71)
at spaceship.PlayerShipController.control(PlayerShipController.java:100)
at solarview.SolarScene.Update(SolarScene.java:48)
at vmo.Game.Update(Game.java:321)
at vmo.Game.Run(Game.java:302)
at vmo.Main.main(Main.java:11)
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 1122334455 » Sat May 07, 2016 10:28 pm

weird. I think i changed my settings so i can PM, never knew they were off. hopefully we can find whats messed up as i'd enjoy seeing the content you made on that planet!
New to the forum

Postby Cygni » Sat May 07, 2016 11:23 pm

Ok, we've gone over every build from A to Y. What about Z? Z??? BUILD Z!!! (Bonus points if you can tell what I'm referencing)

Is the next build going to fix players not being able to nom enemies? Also, what kind of enemies were you thinking of adding in? Just any enemies, since they can be on different planets that they "make sense" on? Because I'd like to try writing some things for this.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0YA

Postby darkevilme » Sun May 08, 2016 3:20 am

hooray. a potential guest writer.

Any enemies can work. Thematically so far I've been writing demihumans/monstergirls and females/herms cause it matches my prefs. But while I won't hold people to that it would make for a more cohesive work if that was so (at least the gender thing, if people want to write anthros or nonmorphics i won't mind really, just not gonna write them myself).

alpha minoris II seems to have a vaguely reptilian theme developing so reptilian enemies could go there..be they demi, anthro or nonmorphic.

I will of course be on hand to provide answers to questions regarding content creation.

As for what I'm planning content wise for the future:
when I do bind states there will be naga on alpha minoris II
when i get around to it there will be player victory smut for raptors
when i get around to it there will be a herm raptor variant
when I get around to it there will be more smut for the alien village
when I get inspiration for more stuff there will be more content on alpha minoris II the place is really really sparse right now and its meant to form a stepping stone between the the moon and the spacehulk. Also I might need to buff the zetamorphs when that happens so they're still a challenge.

edit: regarding the error. I still can't reproduce it. but if you want a guaranteed if drastic fix, delete alpha minoris II.sav in the save folder and then land. it'll regenerate the planet.

edit edit: hot fix produced that might fix it (0YA). also covers ship movement controls now including WASD and arrowkeys.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0YD

Postby GreenSlime » Sun May 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Funny you said that, i was already experimenting with adding more variables to generator (including a very "creatively" named "hasdong" variable).

So, maybe not in the Nomad, but i was making a draft of my own global modification/settig change.

I'm still doing tiles too (and still on hyper light drifter high, so expect A LOT of turquoise, pink and other neon colors), although i haven't even started to dig into how this border sprites thing actually works. I'm prepared to test it, though.

Lastly, maybe it's rude of me, but i wanted to ask about characters' sprites. Is there a way to make them bigger and jutting out, like in OVRL and Vore War? The thing i liked the most about OVRL was its flexibility - you could just write in sprite's dimensions and it would automatically place and center it. This is not important right now, but it will make character spriting easier.
Second, can there be a method to change your sprite based on costume/lack of it? I was thinking of being able to "inherit" your prey's clothes, but with graphical sprites it would be harder to show.
Again, those are less important than gameplay. And i'll go make tiles for now.
Attachments
first draft.png
first draft.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
GreenSlime
Participator

Postby Cygni » Sun May 08, 2016 10:55 pm

If you wanted clothes to show, it would be easier to have a static sprite in a neutral pose, that way any clothing or items can just be an overlay.
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Mon May 09, 2016 4:27 am

GreenSlime wrote:Funny you said that, i was already experimenting with adding more variables to generator (including a very "creatively" named "hasdong" variable).

So, maybe not in the Nomad, but i was making a draft of my own global modification/settig change.

I'm still doing tiles too (and still on hyper light drifter high, so expect A LOT of turquoise, pink and other neon colors), although i haven't even started to dig into how this border sprites thing actually works. I'm prepared to test it, though.

each smart tile takes the next 16 images. the sequence is made by assigning values to each face 1=north, 2=east, 4=south, 8=west and combining them to figure out which of the 16 images to use. so the sequence goes something like 0=no neighbours 1=north 2=east 3=north & east 4=south 5=north & south and so on.
Lastly, maybe it's rude of me, but i wanted to ask about characters' sprites. Is there a way to make them bigger and jutting out, like in OVRL and Vore War? The thing i liked the most about OVRL was its flexibility - you could just write in sprite's dimensions and it would automatically place and center it. This is not important right now, but it will make character spriting easier.
Second, can there be a method to change your sprite based on costume/lack of it? I was thinking of being able to "inherit" your prey's clothes, but with graphical sprites it would be harder to show.
Again, those are less important than gameplay. And i'll go make tiles for now.

I sometime want to do something a bit more TITS style with the player appearance, so a non abstract player sprite probably wouldn't be a good idea. As for the npc sprites...yes there is a way, yes I will handle it sometime. But it's currently losing the poll to those who want bindstates and snake people in the next update so it won't be handled soon.

and yes, tits style, there will be a HASDONG check.

edit update:
the poll has spoken. Bind States will be part of the next update.
darkevilme
---

Re: Nomad Vore Game Tech demo 0Z

Postby darkevilme » Fri May 13, 2016 12:56 pm

new update 0Z:
bind states, lamia, power generator, more content

feedback on this update welcome, guest content contributors and writers super welcome.

For everyone else there's this here strawpoll to suggest what i should work on next.
http://www.strawpoll.me/10201692
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game