Devourment Update Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment Update Thread

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:33 pm

Aces wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:The question I want answered is, "Is this the Best Devourment mod that has been made to date?" Is this an older version that you got your hands on and began working on, or is it you picking up where the latest version left off?

This is a new version, but it is unstable. Then again so are all of the devourment mods.

Is it Uniquely Unstable, more so then others?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby warbrand4 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:00 am

Some screenshots showing any visible changes and a good change log would be nice. (current feature list is hard to read can't really tell)
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Sideromelane » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:32 am

I've had a few bug reports, all saying pretty much the same thing. Since real life means I've had limited chance to even boot my computer there has been no progress on fixing that as yet. But its not being ignored.
Sideromelane
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SpotTea » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:36 am

Tried out the new 0.70, and I really wanted to say, compared with the 0.63, I am very much happier with the 0.70.
A strange bug with NPC dialog I had generally was fixed when updating (uninstalling didn't fix it, and I was thus unsure it was devourment causing it, so thank you!), the animations for snacking on someone/player work whence once they never did. That and the smaller tummy bulges to me makes for a perfect upgrade.
Thank you so much for this, the work you've done in improving and tweaking this mod I might use a bit too much puts a happy twitch in this springhare's ears!
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby tariq » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:17 am

Thank you very much for all your work on this. We all appreciate it.

I have a very easy bug report, which I'll send via PM. I'll replicate it here just in case others encounter it and want to try the fix: I find that while gender specific sounds work correctly for named NPCs, generic NPC, such as bandits, guards, etc. always trigger the male 'belch' sounds.

I believe the issue is in GenderSpecificSoundScriptFix's use of GetActorBase() (http://www.creationkit.com/GetActorBase_-_Actor) rather than GetLeveledActorBase() ( http://www.creationkit.com/GetLeveledActorBase_-_Actor). For testing, I've changed the call and recompiled the script and it seems to fix the issue (i.e. female bandits now use the female 'belch' sounds when perishing).
tariq
Been posting for a bit

Postby captainbobey » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:19 pm

This is a kinda odd request, but can we have a list of known bugs on the front page, just so that people can tell the difference between what's being caused by the mod, and what's being caused by other conflicts. Its just kinda weird not being able to look through the pages to find someone with the same bug as you.
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby Hoodoo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Hey, just got to trying out the updated version and it works perfectly on a fresh install. Couldn't find any bugs after about thirty minutes of testing it, and the dialogue works now which is a first.

My only complaint is that the belly model has had a significant downgrade with the new patch. Swallowing a full grown person in the game makes your character look pregnant, now. I realize you probably made this change to differentiate how many prey are actually in the belly, but now it just looks weird and nonsensical. The stomach would make more sense starting out as big as it used to be, and grow less drastically with each additional prey - simply because of the way spheres work. A sphere that holds two people is not going to be nearly twice the size of one that holds one. Each additional person would cause it to grow less, but it wouldn't start out small.

Perhaps you should look into the new scaling and adjust accordingly?
Hoodoo
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby CrazyMates2300 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:53 pm

Hoodoo wrote:Hey, just got to trying out the updated version and it works perfectly on a fresh install. Couldn't find any bugs after about thirty minutes of testing it, and the dialogue works now which is a first.

My only complaint is that the belly model has had a significant downgrade with the new patch. Swallowing a full grown person in the game makes your character look pregnant, now. I realize you probably made this change to differentiate how many prey are actually in the belly, but now it just looks weird and nonsensical. The stomach would make more sense starting out as big as it used to be, and grow less drastically with each additional prey - simply because of the way spheres work. A sphere that holds two people is not going to be nearly twice the size of one that holds one. Each additional person would cause it to grow less, but it wouldn't start out small.

Perhaps you should look into the new scaling and adjust accordingly?

Your most likely having issues with RedBlues mod that is included in the download. The problem isn't really the mod itself is mostly because it uses pregnancy bodies found at this link http://www.loverslab.com/topic/24254-ps ... odyslide2/ I actually had the issues too i just had to mess with the bodyslide settings a lot so that it doesn't look like the belly's a torpedo or a pancake.
CrazyMates2300
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:05 am

Is there anyone who has a list of all the Compatible Skeletons, skins, and clothes?

And is there a way to give all the NPCs Devourment compatible clothes?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, but there are a staggering number of threads on this subject around, and they all tend to have more then 100 pages.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RedHaze » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:00 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Is there anyone who has a list of all the Compatible Skeletons, skins, and clothes?

Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, but there are a staggering number of threads on this subject around, and they all tend to have more then 100 pages.

Hey. Yes there is. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/? These armours work with devourment's new belly. And yes, when you download this mod, all NPCs will have these armours and clothes.

Also to those that have issues with their character being digested and then regurgitated out by NPCs, try unticking "Play After Digestion" (atleast I think that's what the buttons called from memory). If that doesn't work, try installing Redblue's mod by itself.
RedHaze
New to the forum

Postby Isha » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:44 am

warbrand4 wrote:doubt fallout 4 will take this mods thunder... vore doesn't really fit the vibe of fallout that and hard vore is already in fallout games and is quite prominent if you think about it.

So fallout has hard vore in game, and skyrim has soft vore in mod, think I like skyrim better lol. anyway skyrim has a better fantasy vibe which vore fits into more and can be placed into with less lore break hell vore exists in the elder scrolls lore, though it exists there as a trait of one really messed up vampire cult.

Though if you ever want to make a story jumping point in lore that can be used, make it a power of a subtype of vampires... though that would either break werewolf vore players or require really good writing to explain why a werewolf could be a werewolf and a vorepire... (bad pun).

I've written a mod (Blood of the Pred) that ties the vore powers into the Companions' questline, though it's currently not entirely compatible with the Dev 7 update. I'm (fairly) certain it isn't broken -- I was just not working with the new belly system at the time. At worst, you can probably expect the scripted Companion scenes (specifically, the Dustman's Cairn ambush and Skjor/Aela in the Underforge) to look a bit odd.
Blood of the Pred is reborn for Devourment Refactor. Keep up to date at viewtopic.php?f=79&t=42376
Isha
Participator

Postby captainbobey » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:40 pm

Is anyone else having the game breaking bug whereby when they digest somebody they continue to digest them, and get constant prompts to loot them? I know the instructions are to not post bugs here, but I'm really curious as to if other people have the bug so whether or not I should try to fix it myself... Its kinda frustrating because I can't test anything else about the alpha release with this continuously happening :s
captainbobey
Somewhat familiar

Postby hannibal89 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:14 pm

Yes! I thought it was just me, I have no clue what's causing it either
hannibal89
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:19 am

RedHaze wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:Is there anyone who has a list of all the Compatible Skeletons, skins, and clothes?

Hey. Yes there is. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259/? These armours work with devourment's new belly. And yes, when you download this mod, all NPCs will have these armours and clothes.

Also to those that have issues with their character being digested and then regurgitated out by NPCs, try unticking "Play After Digestion" (atleast I think that's what the buttons called from memory). If that doesn't work, try installing Redblue's mod by itself.

Thank's for that. I was sure there had to be an, Every Female dresses Sexy mod, anyway. I'd been looking for one but couldn't find it.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby testuser » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:41 am

Has there been any news on the voice acting?
testuser
Somewhat familiar

Postby DevourmentDev » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:40 am

I am working on trying to fix the bugs that have been reported to me - SO far the game breaker seems to be the belch-inventory loop, however I need to wait for Redblue's input as I suspect it is something I have done to his scripts causing the problem. A secondary issue has been reported also, which will be fixed at the same time.

Further complications are that my install has become unstable again and I need to revert to an earlier backup myself - backing up and restoring ~20gb of data at a time has slowed my progress down today a fair bit.

In the meantime, alpha testers wishing to revert to a working game will have to restore a backup, or live with the existing bugs. I am hoping to have a fix this weekend, or early this coming week.

Thankyou for all your patience.
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

Postby essedess » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:43 pm

captainbobey wrote:Is anyone else having the game breaking bug whereby when they digest somebody they continue to digest them, and get constant prompts to loot them? I know the instructions are to not post bugs here, but I'm really curious as to if other people have the bug so whether or not I should try to fix it myself... Its kinda frustrating because I can't test anything else about the alpha release with this continuously happening :s

Yeah me too, I think I would rather just loot the bone/puke/crap piles like it used to be rather than loot them after eating them.
essedess
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Tylmarande » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:16 pm

essedess wrote:
captainbobey wrote:Is anyone else having the game breaking bug whereby when they digest somebody they continue to digest them, and get constant prompts to loot them? I know the instructions are to not post bugs here, but I'm really curious as to if other people have the bug so whether or not I should try to fix it myself... Its kinda frustrating because I can't test anything else about the alpha release with this continuously happening :s

Yeah me too, I think I would rather just loot the bone/puke/crap piles like it used to be rather than loot them after eating them.

I'm having this problem as well, although included in the constant loot prompts are constant Devourment Level Ups and Absorbed Skills from the prey I just ate. Gave up after the counter hit 20+ Redguards from eating only one. :(
Tylmarande
New to the forum

Postby Horsemenofchaos20 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:51 pm

I don't think I can use this with my current Vore save. When I install it and try to load my vore save it just crashes on the loading screen immediately. I'll give this a try if I make a new vore character.
Horsemenofchaos20
New to the forum

Postby DevourmentDev » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:25 am

Opening Post Updated
DevourmentDev
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game