Unofficial SSVM, Server Thread

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Unofficial SSVM, Server Thread

Postby SpotTea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Sheights wrote:wierdo2000, I need to talk to you, I sent you a PM. Get back to me ASAP.

Okay so the hub world is dead. I estimate it was caused by an offending piece of mod content. When I talk to wierdo hopefully I can figure out what it was, but until then the hub world is dead

We made a back up of the hub world if we get it fixed. There is no working Starbound world editor. So we can't remove the offending object without being on the world. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry....

You may request supplies to start anew, anything you want in any quantity.

Again I'm really really sorry.

(Please be careful about what you join the server with.)

Drat, might give it a bit of a rest for now <3
That, or build on a world and not make it public ^_^;;
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:07 pm

SpotTea wrote:
Sheights wrote:wierdo2000, I need to talk to you, I sent you a PM. Get back to me ASAP.

Okay so the hub world is dead. I estimate it was caused by an offending piece of mod content. When I talk to wierdo hopefully I can figure out what it was, but until then the hub world is dead

We made a back up of the hub world if we get it fixed. There is no working Starbound world editor. So we can't remove the offending object without being on the world. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry....

You may request supplies to start anew, anything you want in any quantity.

Again I'm really really sorry.

(Please be careful about what you join the server with.)

Drat, might give it a bit of a rest for now <3
That, or build on a world and not make it public ^_^;;

I invite you to build on my location. It's an asteroid belt. You can build a fun structure on one of the asteroids and we can connect them all with skyrails.

-21,-12
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SpotTea » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:11 pm

Sheights wrote:I invite you to build on my location. It's an asteroid belt. You can build a fun structure on one of the asteroids and we can connect them all with skyrails.

-21,-12

Thanks for the offer, I think I'll hide away for the moment, burrowing and digging away like a good springhare. Will see how it goes before making anything public <3
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sheights » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:22 pm

The world killer has been brought to justice! A patch will be out shortly and the hub will be returned!

Wierdo2000 I no longer need to talk to you. Ignore that PM
Sheights
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wierdo2000 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:56 pm

Sorry i was asleep, x..x
I dunno what happend, i was just helping building with the Npc hotel, And it crashed like 2-3 minutes after i was done with it,
I was mostly afking, So it was probebly not my fault :b
Unless those npc crashed the server

*edit, Oh the hub world seems to work now?
gg? :b
wierdo2000
Somewhat familiar

Postby ArgobargSoup » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:16 am

The problem was with the Linko pred object. Had a tickin' time bomb in his animatin' that goes off if there's too much script lag. Been fixed.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AnjaRungstal » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:55 pm

Has anyone thought of making a team speak channel?
AnjaRungstal
New to the forum

Postby linko736 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:24 am

I must be too good if I can crash servers : 3
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby SpotTea » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:04 am

I've got a reasonable way into the new planet, so I figured I'd share it with you all, in case anyone else wants to settle or use it as a base~

-----

The Raptor-Rodent Partnership would like to present their first joint colony!

Located at 504,236 on the only Habitable-zone planet in the system, This colony will be the first in a series of outposts created by the Raptor-Rodent Partnership, and will serve as the central colony.

To ensure all Raptor-Rodent Partnership colonists are well tended to, there is both a fully working Avali workshop as well as an working advanced laboratory within the main complex.
Fully catered with a small kitchen and chef serving and selling food to those within the restaurant, you can rest east in the main complex, as security is provided by the Avali section of the Rodent-Raptor Partnership, with security checkpoints at the town perimeter and in their Security Headquarters right in the middle of the town, which also houses the teleporter room, and spawn point.
Unlike many colonies, the RRP Home world even has working plumbing, and shortly will have toilets connected to this!
To the west you will find the extensive hydroponics garden beyond the recreation area (under construction), which is collecting new plants for every rack until full. Feel free to pick the fruit, but please ensure the plants remain!

To the east you will find the Markets and Easten perimeter township. The people there are a more hardy folk due to the various creature incursions from beyond the perimeter. The RRP accepts that the Easten area is a hard to secure section, so please be careful around the markets and township.
While gossip of willing sacrifices being made to some giant frog outside by the township can be easily ignored, be especially careful of the cave outside...

As with all new worlds, the RRP Homeworld isn't without it's problems. Immediately outside the town there is known to be a plant colony, brought on-world accidentally from a seed in someone's foot-claws. These plants are known to consume all moving creatures that stray too close, so do take care around the foliage! Also, it is advised not to enter the sewer system as there is known to be a congregation of slimes in the easten section, growing there due to it's slightly stagnant nature. Plus, there is talk of hungry amphibians lurking further down in the sewers, awaiting to carry away those who venture below.
As such, the Sewers are controlled closely by RRP officials, and the main entrance is left deliberately flooded to minimise interaction. There are talks, however, of an alternative entrance to the sewer system from the west, though how one can say "easier" when it sits in the middle of beastie-infested ruins (under construction!) is not known~

I is also worth mentioning that visitors are encouraged to not disturb the small fluffy rodents that wander the town. These are part of the RRP group, and maintain the Home World to the benefit of all, and as such the local Avali raptor population consider all rodents in RRP worlds as foo- ...friends.

For a graphic to aid in finding the world, please see here:
http://i.imgur.com/m145UAI.png

-----

As a note, if you see any ruins or items hat have been placed, please do not build on them as they are likely 'earmarked' as me for part of the RRP project. This includes hungry plants and flags! Also, please do not destroy/build in the RRP township itself, but feel free to use it's facilities, buttons, storage etc.
Beyond that, I'm more then happy for people to build teir own colonies, houses and the like on the planet. We might be able to connect them even~!

If you have any suggestions of what you want on this colony, let me know. I'll be making more RRP outposts on other planets of interest after finishing the home world.
SpotTea
Been posting for a bit

Postby scootaloorulez1997 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:47 pm

Ok my friends i am happy to announce that i have begun working on a colony!

Right now on the Eccentric star of Mintaka Cradle i am laying down the foundations for a colony!~

I already have four houses built (Wood) and some steel/titanium level crafting stations.
I even built next to a nifty looking well. be careful though, i feel as there might be something nasty down in the wells depths.

The coordinates are X: 507, Y: 239
The Area is Mintaka Cradle VI
The planet is Mintaka Cradle VI-a, A Lush planet.

The planets threat level is Mostly Harmless and i have encountered two tribes, One Floran (Hostile) and one of...Mushroom people (Neutral).
The native monsters on the planet are mostly hostile except for one owl looking creature and another poker faced land animal.

You can build and help grow the colony as you please. just try and notify me if you can either through pm or in-game.
My in-game name is Bailey Oswald.

If you decide to visit the area that is my colony you go right when you teleport down to the planet.

Just be warned if you decide to settle down you might soon encounter some predatory neighbors.~

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Hope to see you soon!~ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
"with any amount of time a man can master the physical. with enough knowledge a man may become wise. it takes a true warrior to master both." -emperor yoshiro red alert 3
scootaloorulez1997
Been posting for a bit

Postby dezzykitsune » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:27 pm

You may want to remove the Kangaru race or at least find a way to fix the problem that I've encountered. You can not upgrade your Matter Manipulator for some reason and its missing Steel Armor set for you to progress the game any further with the character, meaning you can't get the FTL drive needed to explore the galaxy. So unless its fixed, I say that race is unplayable.
dezzykitsune
Artist

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:59 pm

dezzykitsune wrote:You may want to remove the Kangaru race or at least find a way to fix the problem that I've encountered. You can not upgrade your Matter Manipulator for some reason and its missing Steel Armor set for you to progress the game any further with the character, meaning you can't get the FTL drive needed to explore the galaxy. So unless its fixed, I say that race is unplayable.

They still sorta work. The Matter Manipulator isn't a problem; the AI just hasn't had its dialogue updated. Ya only need Manipulator Modules, not copper bars and whatever.

As fer the steel armor... well, yah, the Kangaru don't get the recipes fer their steel armor and durasteel armor like they should, but it doesn't have ta be Kangaru steel/durasteel armors fer those quests. If ya can find an NPC village or a merchant on the right level planets, you might be able ta get iron/titanium armor of another race... which will unlock the steel/durasteel armor of that race. Say... gettin' Glitch iron armor, you'll get the recipe fer Glitch steel armor. And I think ya only need one piece of the relevant armor...

If all else fails, you could always ask someone else on the server fer steel/durasteel armor. Or make a second character, get them up ta the required levels, and have them leave armor somewhere fer yer Kangaru ta pick up. It's a bit inconvenient, but they ain't totally "unplayable".
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby dezzykitsune » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:15 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:
dezzykitsune wrote:You may want to remove the Kangaru race or at least find a way to fix the problem that I've encountered. You can not upgrade your Matter Manipulator for some reason and its missing Steel Armor set for you to progress the game any further with the character, meaning you can't get the FTL drive needed to explore the galaxy. So unless its fixed, I say that race is unplayable.

They still sorta work. The Matter Manipulator isn't a problem; the AI just hasn't had its dialogue updated. Ya only need Manipulator Modules, not copper bars and whatever.

As fer the steel armor... well, yah, the Kangaru don't get the recipes fer their steel armor and durasteel armor like they should, but it doesn't have ta be Kangaru steel/durasteel armors fer those quests. If ya can find an NPC village or a merchant on the right level planets, you might be able ta get iron/titanium armor of another race... which will unlock the steel/durasteel armor of that race. Say... gettin' Glitch iron armor, you'll get the recipe fer Glitch steel armor. And I think ya only need one piece of the relevant armor...

If all else fails, you could always ask someone else on the server fer steel/durasteel armor. Or make a second character, get them up ta the required levels, and have them leave armor somewhere fer yer Kangaru ta pick up. It's a bit inconvenient, but they ain't totally "unplayable".

There's only so little places for you to go to and I have explored all of the areas in my sector and haven't found a merchant that provides any steel armor set to utilize. So yeah, I'm kind of stuck in my little system unless someone makes steel armor for me.
dezzykitsune
Artist

Postby ArgobargSoup » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:29 pm

dezzykitsune wrote:There's only so little places for you to go to and I have explored all of the areas in my sector and haven't found a merchant that provides any steel armor set to utilize. So yeah, I'm kind of stuck in my little system unless someone makes steel armor for me.

No merchants sellin' even iron armor? Hmm. Yah, ya might need someone ta make ya steel armor then.

Alternatively, ya could temporarily use the character in single player; I think yer character should show up over a different garden planet, in a different system, givin' ya a few more places ta explore.

Now I'm wonderin' if I should write a fix patch; somethin' that would just add the missin' "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" to the relevant armor files...
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby treebuddy » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:00 pm

ArgobargSoup wrote:
dezzykitsune wrote:There's only so little places for you to go to and I have explored all of the areas in my sector and haven't found a merchant that provides any steel armor set to utilize. So yeah, I'm kind of stuck in my little system unless someone makes steel armor for me.

No merchants sellin' even iron armor? Hmm. Yah, ya might need someone ta make ya steel armor then.

Alternatively, ya could temporarily use the character in single player; I think yer character should show up over a different garden planet, in a different system, givin' ya a few more places ta explore.

Now I'm wonderin' if I should write a fix patch; somethin' that would just add the missin' "learnBlueprintsOnPickup" to the relevant armor files...

or spawn one in solo with admin command ' its pretty easy
treebuddy
Participator

Postby TheOmenedSpectreKP » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:27 am

I'm not even sure why it's left up to vote, If there's a cheaty mod to make things much easier vs going out and finding it.. Likelyhood is that there are going to be more people who want the mod because they'd rather obtain such things with little effort in order to get on with their building.

I'd rather not have it, but if it's there I'd likely use it if there's a block I wanna try using.
TheOmenedSpectreKP
New to the forum

Postby ekadragon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Honestly? I like the idea of having what we currently have. It works, it's -relatively- stable (given the server went wierd just a few minutes before this post) but too much and I'd worry it'd just break. Plus, cheating kinda makes the experience shallow, you know? Though in the case of stuff like not having the right armors, I totally relate because I had that problem when I played races like the kobolds on other servers (kobolds only go to titanium at the most last I checked and that's incomplete) so... something that fixes armor availability is roughly okay in my books.
ekadragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby ArgobargSoup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:23 pm

I was the one that suggested the BlockTable mod, mostly because while I was explorin' the server, although most of the builds were pretty darn nice, they consisted mostly of either wood and cobblestone bricks, or Avali materials. Which I'll admit is a nice aesthetic, especially the tent/tapestry bits, but it always bugged me how it often seemed more vulnerable ta monsters at times...They love ta spawn all over the top of them fancy tents.

Personally, I feel the mod's not actually that cheaty, although ta be fair I'm sorta comparin' it to block mods I used in the past.

1) Ya still have ta actually find a block in the first place ta get a recipe fer it. Gotta find a glitch castle/sewer fer that imposin' dark stone brick, gotta find an avian village fer that lovely soft brick (mmm), etc.
2) Ya still need ta expend effort gathering materials. I got a separate save folder with the mod, where I'm buildin' quite the elaborate structure, and I'm still havin' to go on resource gatherin' trips surprisingly often. Several thousand wood/cobblestone/whatever goes by really fast. And I've only built a few small rooms... not even a 1/16th of what I have planned...

I'm also pretty sure it won't affect server stability. From past experiences with Starbound servers, I think the only real issues that you'd have is if the server had the mod and you didn't, same as if ya tried ta log onto the server without havin' the SSVM mod. It's just one object* and a buncha recipes.

*Well, actually, several objects, but the others are just different appearances of the block table, like an apex style one, avian style, etc. The "compatibility" version of the mod doesn't have recipes ta craft them.
I be fulla sharp things.
ArgobargSoup
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby luxario » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:46 pm

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned it's actually quite fair, there are a limited amount of worlds and no one wants to spend hours upon hours searching for an illusive block type, farm it all up and reduce the overall resource for everyone. This at least allows players who have at least picked up one block of it to craft move, also there is the fact that I can't seem to find how building blocks class as cheating. Getting high grade weapons, yeah, but I use a creative mod to build my places in the game all the time, just makes it a lot easier and doesn't ruin un-renewable resources for everyone.

(I don't actually play on the server, but figured I'd give my view on it from previous experiences in game.)
luxario
Somewhat familiar

Postby AnjaRungstal » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Who do we message to suggest new mods?
AnjaRungstal
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game