A High Stakes Game v1.993 **Updated 12-10-2021**

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: A High Stakes Game v1.71 (Updated 8-21-16)

Postby Shironom » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:29 pm

So so so excited!
Shironom
New to the forum

Postby TheBlueOne » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:42 pm

Erecant, you forgot to change the download link in the OP. xD >.<
TheBlueOne
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:44 pm

Eh? Really!? craaaap. Gimme a second.

--Erecant

**Edit** Okay, I had added it to the previous versions listing, but not to the main current version link. I guess posting links in triplicate, while awesome for update readers, OP readers, and archiving is awesome, it makes it east to forget a step along the way. Fixed now.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 2quick4u » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:28 pm

FINALLY triggered the new scene before I had to run to work, it's Amazing!

So taking ALL of the hints Erecant dropped, I almost missed it because RNG HATES me and I'm a Dunce.

From my understanding it can ONLY happen during sex, ONLY if she Initiates it (can't burn affection to trigger th scene), and ONLY if YOU are in control of foreplay.
If you reach the "spend SP to resist" section the hidden scene won't trigger (as far as I know).

I can trigger the scene Reliably 7/10 times by doing unfocused 3 times, then something else.

Visiting others seems to screw around with the chances of it happening. I could only have it happen when Dates and Practices were the only thing I was doing.

I'm still not even sure if I'm going about this efficiently.

As I have been Turning Eva down 3 times before I try for this scene.

On another note, I'm shocked that drinking VP up when yo are already at 50+ VP doesn't immediately trigger a bad (good) end right there with Gwen.

I enjoy the fact that I can now ask Gwen and Zoey to lighten up, I accidentally maxed affection with Zoey to insane levels afterwards (I'm assiming the hidden black-box message means that).

And now, to find a page translator to attempt to create another outfit for Eva
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Erecant » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:46 pm

Grats on getting the scene! I won't go into detail on your breakdown, I can only say that it's partly spot on, and partly off. The important thing is, you unlocked it! After the 1st unlock the restrictions lighten tremendously. You can trigger it in any sexeh-time in which you have initiative by doing what feels intuitive. Additionally, after unlocking the scene, it may be asked for specifically when prompted for grown-up playtime.

2quick4u wrote:On another note, I'm shocked that drinking VP up when yo are already at 50+ VP doesn't immediately trigger a bad (good) end right there with Gwen.

Whoa . . . how could I have missed that one? Gotta add that to the ol' to-do list I think.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:18 am

For some reason when ever I try to play version 1.71 it tells me that "Filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect." and it refuses to play.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby FBnorman » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:52 am

How many girls are there in this game besides 2?
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:57 pm

Right now there are three, Eva, Gwen, and Zoey.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:36 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:For some reason when ever I try to play version 1.71 it tells me that "Filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect." and it refuses to play.

Do you think you could post a screenshot of tuat error message? It sounds like a client side error, rather than a problem with the game, but maybe I can help troubleshoot it.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bledthorn » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:20 pm

when you ask zoey to lower the difficutly does it lower it much because if so then its bugged as she seems to be as touch as she normaly is with how much i've beaten her in the past
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Erecant » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:38 pm

The difficulty decrease is rather small, , but you can choose it over and over again, unlike the other choices, which have behind the scenes costs and pseudo cool-downs. I may adjust the benefit a little, but Zoey isn't really much for pulling her punches to begin with, and she mainly sees Alex as a bit of fun right up until he's a bit of fat, so there's not much room for mercy in her mindset.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 am

Erecant wrote:
0Anesthetic4u wrote:For some reason when ever I try to play version 1.71 it tells me that "Filename, directory name, or volume lable syntax is incorrect." and it refuses to play.

Do you think you could post a screenshot of tuat error message? It sounds like a client side error, rather than a problem with the game, but maybe I can help troubleshoot it.

--Erecant

0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby xwrath » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:06 am

The problem maybe with that long filepath, try moving it to another folder, like some levels up
Awkward guy, so may not answer due to not knowing what should I say...
If I ever help you, don't need to credit me
[Bad english alert!]
xwrath
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:24 am

Yup, looks like Windows doesn't like the file path. Try un-nesting the versions.

-Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:46 am

yeah you really shouldn't nest folders like that for anything in windows....just leave all the game versions in the folder the first version is in....it's not hard to find them that way
Firon
---

Postby Erecant » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Oh boy! I've been posting a lot these days. I think I was pent up creatively for so long that I didn't even realize how much I loved doing this.

So I've done quite a lot of brainstorming, enough so to be able to confidently say I have plans for multiple scenes, fleshed out with both plot devices, and mechanics, written down, with actual structure. I plan on beginning work within the engine if not tomorrow, then this weekend.

Looking forward, I had originally intended for there to be 2 progress games until the finale. This has bloated to three progress games now, however I expect that not to change at this point.

Additionally, from the looks of my current notes, there seems to be three totally new side story/optional/hidden scenes, two sub-scenes which currently have Easter eggs hinting at them in the game, and a whole slew of adjustments to existing scenes. Finally there will be a new intermission between scenes, which will take things in a whole new direction when it is triggered.

So yeah, I've got big plans for the last stages of the game. I suppose it would be apt to call the next full release Act III. Yeah yeah, I know, Act 2 was only like, 2 progress scenes, but if you think about it, it had 3 sex scenes, Zoey's intro and her 2nd scene, and Gwen's intro and second scene. I feel like that's a good amount for an act, judging by the size of Act I.

Hey, wait a minute, am I defending my arbitrary decisions and naming conventions? Before I've even posted this? Gah, I've been doing too much brainstorming. It's almost like talking to myself bouncing ideas off the wall. Do enough of that and you're sure to start talking to yourself. Or your characters, but I've always done that in this thread, I guess.

Anyway, look forward to regular micro updates, I want 1 a week. Within the updates will likely be bits and pieces of the new material which will be locked behind unraisable flags until I'm ready for the reveals. I'll include only things open for public consumption in my patch notes, so don't think you'll be missing anything.

Oh, and I've begun a schedule of updates to my blog-thingy here on Eka's. Going to be posting Eva's outfits with source code for people's use, as well as my dev notes. Feel free to comment over there, too. The idea is for the thread to be more dev-related and such, while the blog will be chit chat and talk of impressions, character reviews, etc.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:45 am

Erecant wrote:Yup, looks like Windows doesn't like the file path. Try un-nesting the versions.

-Erecant

Didn't work.

Even made a new unpack outside the nested folders, still didn't work.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 2quick4u » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:20 am

Run as admin?
2quick4u
Participator

Postby Erecant » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:36 am

Off the top of my head, have you moved it since the last time you played successfully? Could we get a copy/paste of the full file path?

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Tomo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:19 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:......

Your problem is the filepath. Windows doesn't like long/complicated filenames, especially not one with symbols in it.
Remove any symbols in your filepath. ", . ! " # ¤ % &=? )" and move your game into a simple path, aka "C:/" or "C:/Games/" or "C:/User/MegaVoreMaster91/Documents/" Don't have folders with anything other then Letters and Numbers. Symbols will give you that error.
Erecant wrote:Oh boy! I've been posting a lot these days......

Great to have you back Erecant! I love your game, it's very nice to see a refreshing change in quality and approach to RPG maker games. Keep up your work and keep feeding us more updates!
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game