Dungeon Master v2

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Dungeon Master v2

Postby SoSayWeAll » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:19 am

*Edit 24/5/17 This game is currently on hiatus. Sorry! :(

After a long break in which work, RL, other games, and many other bits and bobs taking up my attention, I'm finally back with an update. Whew, here's hoping the next update doesn't have a gap like this XD. Here's the blow by blow on the additions over the long months:

- Quest Journal added: Should have a lot more guidance for where to go, what to do and suggestions for how to fill your time
- First and Second Key quests are pretty much finished, although they may be expanded on in the future if any new ideas spring to mind
- New vore scenes: Self explanatory really
- 2 new dungeons: In a game called Dungeon Master, there was a surprising lack of dungeons XD so there are two added, full of puzzles, traps and whatnot
- New areas: Some houses, towns and castles have opened their doors for you to explore
- New quest chains: The gems are finally being put to use, get 3 gems to open up the way to the first real Dungeon of the game so far. The place is full of deathtraps to keep you on your toes, so keep saving ;)
- Combat: After trying, and failing, to implement a nifty combat system, I gave up and moved that system to another game to be made in the future. Combat is simple: Get a gun, shoot stuff, find special bullets and shoot more stuff
- Relationships: Because I intended to have a party made up of people who like you, you will have to gain their interest if you want to recruit them for the 2nd key quest. Since it's a vore game, 3 guesses as how to go about this :P just make sure to do it early on ;)
- RM device: The RM device to survive vore scenes has it's own quest, and can be done immediately on starting the game

Here's hoping there aren't too many bugs left after my playtesting :D there are currently 16 possible vore scenes in the game, not all of them survivable so better diligently quick-save ;) I'm also wondering if there should be more artwork in the game, so if there's any vore, hentai work out there that's free to use in a non-commercial game, or if there's any artist willing to spare some time for this game, I'd love to know :)

As always, any advice, suggestions and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated :-D

Screenshots:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/7r1i2itwq ... t%201.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/etph6rea0 ... t%202.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/frzwwnwhm ... t%203.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/c3abgaou3 ... t%204.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2x4g4ctd8 ... t%205.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/3ud33cx7x ... t%206.png#
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xa2a779e9 ... t%207.png#

Here's the latest version of the game (with a quick bugfix):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/08daawgsz ... Master.rar

Bugfixes:
Spoiler: show
-chest containing the Wanderer's Friend: I removed the "complete_quest" part in the event, it fixed the issue.
-Warehouse 3: The events had been left on "Below Characters" by mistake, fixed it so they'll be accessible now
-Warehouse 2: the ghost did have a move issue, meant to be Turning instead. Fixed it by jut having the ghost pop out in another event page instead, it's working fine for me now
-guy on the horse on the River Crossing: mixed his move route, and let it skip if it clashes again so the game won't freeze up
-entering Ravenswood: fixed the event, was missing the part where if you entered without recruiting anyone or not everyone that you continue on regardless, shouldn't have an issue now.
-Countess: fixed her event, removing the self switch A did work thanks for pointing that out :)
-'Recruitment' switch: Yes it starts with the Horse Guy, might make it optional in the future in case it just makes for too much meandering for players
-Vaile, on the River Crossing map: Yes she was meant to head back to her house in Nishkae after the thief quest, since the landslide is now clear. After playtesting a bit more I think I'll leave her at the River Crossing for longer, and only have her head back if you've already got her interest instead, as she can be missed easily otherwise.
-Vaile's house's door: Changing it to having her interest instead, so it makes more sense why you can barge in.
-Eva without food, but with the RM device: Fixed the event, the door had a self switch turning on that it wasn't supposed to, and one page was missing the sprite
-thief hideout area under the Red house: wasn't sure what was wrong, so changing up the event locations to make it an easier progression so hitting the switch won't matter too much
- Kelpie fight: added some hp restore after the fight, event should continue as intended now
-first floor of the tower you meet Cindy in: removed the green tiles, just have moss down instead so there's nothing blocking the paths
- Shiny stones: fixed the Journal entry, should now only trigger the gems turned in
- Second key quest should update in the journal now, after talking with the Countess to finish the quest
- Box in Urekomea: Have the player take a step back if activated from the side, no longer gets stuck
- Roper event: Changed to 'player touch', fixed typo with name
Recruiting Eva: No change needed as she is located on the beach by the RM merchant, not in Anthrax. Updated the message on her door to make this a bit clearer
- Fixed the transfer event in the red house, should be able to get into the tunnel now
- Thieves battle: Fixed events that lead to battle, now set to 'player touch'. Added a surrender skill to the player, should reduce them to 1hp at any point in a fight.

Just be aware, the file size is quite large as the game is becoming quite big.
Sláinte!
Last edited by SoSayWeAll on Wed May 24, 2017 8:43 am, edited 20 times in total.
You knew him?
Know him? He was delicious!
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Re: My 1st Vore game

Postby Skeiron » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:36 am

My advice is not to be too ambitious on everything that you want to include in your first game. Making a game is a big undertaking, and it can be frustrating at times! So it is better to start small and work your way up to bigger things, instead of biting of more than you can chew (no pun intended) from the start. Other than that, make a game that you would like to play yourself. Everyone has different tastes, and trying to please everyone is simply impossible, so don't bother including other people's requests if they are not your own.

Good luck with the game :) looking forward to trying it.
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby forumlurker » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:52 am

Don't be too ambitious yes. But an adventure game or a game like Resident Evil 1 would sound nice.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darknessblades » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:18 pm

a hint for making it:

make the overworld first.
then start on emtpy area's with paceholder/temporarily event activators (paceholder characters)
after you created as many locations as you wanted. you can start working on the first few levels, and building up.

this way it might be easyer to complete the whole game.
darknessblades
Participator

Postby SoSayWeAll » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks for your comments :) I know, a bad habit of mine is to start out over-ambitious with a project, which then gets toned down when actually making the game, so I usually settle on something more feasible and entertaining. The idea is going to be like a mix of RPG, puzzle adventure and survival horror, sort of like Resident Evil meets Shadowgate for the main dungeon and some other areas, with typical RPG for the rest of the world as such, though it may change to something more (I like building areas that are not everything they seem).

So far I have the overall world built, whereas the towns, castles and single houses are under way, just need to populate them and work in some vore scenes (where the real fun begins XD). Once they're more complete I'll post some screenshots ^^; the main dungeon is still being planned though, so may not have much on that as soon, want to have a clear view so I don't mess something up completely and have to scrap it and start over. Looking forward to building it though :)
You knew him?
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Sounds like an interesting premise for a game.
Wish you luck.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Re: My 1st Vore game *First look ready

Postby trompaquin » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:05 pm

did we can give the letter to talk to the prisonner(in jail) in the demo i try that dont worf (sry bad english i am french)
trompaquin
New to the forum

Postby forumlurker » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:03 am

I must say the first impressions are awesome. I took look around the world map. It seems large and very detailed. The maps that aren't finished yet look impressive already.

Little bug report:
- If you enter the second floor of the barracks in town you get stuck in a bed. And not in a good way.
- talking with some of the sailors in the pub causes the sprites to glitch to another image.
- If you talk with the maid in the pub across the table, the game freezes.
- If you leave the house of the mayor on the east side, you can't get back into the house and thus get stuck.
- I can't show the letter of the mayor to the guard in the prison yet. (intentional?)

It seems that's all the content there is so far right? As I said, I love the setup and the amount of details. I personally wouldn't mind the vore scenes just a tad longer. Apart from that, I'm curious to see how the economy of the game will work out. The stat items seem rather cheap and might break the game.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LightningLord2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:03 pm

My thoughts playing this:

-There's no need to use quotation marks in the dialogue windows - the portrait in the text already signifies speech.
-I think selling stat boosters could become problematic...
-You can't get out of West Harvest.
-Another game where vore is merely used as an easily avoided game over...
-Also, it feels pointless to go for any of the shops since there's no battle scenes so far.
LightningLord2
???

Postby RC8015 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Screenshots in the first post would be nice too.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LilianiMirx » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:53 am

You should edit the title of the thread and include the title of the game.
I'm going to try it out later, I just started it up to see how it was like and a bit of criticism of the town: The edges of the first town? Try to create a thicker forest around it, it looks weird when just beyond the trees it just stops and there's nothing but grass there. Small aesthetic nitpick of mine but it could look better.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby SoSayWeAll » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Cheers for the feedback everyone, really appreciate it :) progress has been pretty stagnant this month because of work so hoping to get back on top of things next week.

Couple of notes so far:

-The prisoner sequence isn't complete yet, so the quest wasn't included
-Dialogue with "" is taken as spoken out loud, so any dialogue without any "" is just thoughts in the pc's head. Can change this if it's too annoying
-The shops are only filled with placeholders at the moment, haven't settled on a battle system yet. Going to be scripted battles with no random encounters, so shops will be fixed once I've settled on a suitable battle system for a puzzle orientated game
-The maps aren't quite finished yet, I'm trying to keep the town as similar in appearance to how they look on the world map as possible but can add more detail if necessary

As for vore scenes, any advice on incorporating some of them into the story without all of them being a cheap game over? I know I have a few of those already but seeing as its a vore game I think a few of those are necessary, I'm thinking about doing some escape able ones with recurring npc's that are just for fun, no game over unless the player picks the option.

On to the eternal bug fixing :D Sláinte and thanks everyone for the feedback!
You knew him?
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Re: DungeonM *First look ready

Postby BaronBuffalo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:37 pm

I think it is coming along well so far. One possible bug I noticed is that along with the afore mentioned not being able to re-enter the mayor's house from the east it looks like you should be able to enter the inn from the back and can not currently do so.
BaronBuffalo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Erecant » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:48 pm

As a suggestion. If you aren't using portraits for character dialogue, you can differentiate vocal and internal lines with the background of the text box. I like to use the dark background for stuff that breaks the fourth wall, like instructions, but dark background or top/center aligned text works really well for internal monologue.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby LilianiMirx » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:15 am

One way to make vore scenes part of the story could be to add in some item or something you could find or buy that allows you to respawn in some way. Once you're down in the stomach (add a stomach map for that, use the Dungeon setting for the map as it has flesh walls and ground) then after you've done the little introduction text of how you got swallowed and yadda yadda yadda the player has to go to the exit of the stomach (hole on the flesh ground) and press the activate key, a number of options can be available for you. Such as Get Digested, Activate _____ (respawn thingie) and Try To Escape. There are some options in the trigger menu thingie where you can set up prerequisites for certain things to appear and allow the Activate _____ to appear only if you have the item as well as a command for decreasing the item by 1. And of course add a trigger for (name of character) ____Used____ (whatever you're going to call the item). Add a new trigger/event number for the character and set the prerequisite for it as ____Used____ and then add in new dialogue where the pred is all like "Hey! I ate you! How did you survive!?".

I'm not being very specific about what to do and where to do it in the editor but it has been a long time since I used it. Anyway, there are ways for you to incorporate surviving it into the story. But it is a lot of work. As it'd mean that a character that can vore you would need post-ressurection dialogue and possibly post-post-ressurection dialogue if they eat you yet again and you come back. So it's a lot of work. It's one of the reasons I couldn't bother making a vore game of my own.

My suggestion is primarily that you should focus on the main quest and finishing the game. Add in side-stuff and more options later once the main story is out. That way you won't feel so overwhelmed by all the work you have to put into it as you could call it quits whenever you want to.

I opened up RPGMaker and did a quick example of what I'm talking about:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Just a word of caution, if you do this then you will be playing a game of remembering an assload of triggers, events, switched and variables. Don't be overambitious with it.

I forgot two things:
6.jpg

7.jpg

Pay close attention to your triggers, switches, variables and other things. I did this really quick example so I dunno if I remember it correctly and if it works but I'm sure you can figure out through some good old fashioned trial and error.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby Kastaa » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Great demo, much potential.

I believe the full game will be incredible once it's finished.

There's hella lot of bugs so far though.
Kastaa
Somewhat familiar

Postby SoSayWeAll » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Hey everyone! Quick update on the demo, have a small one completed for your gaming pleasure, there's one main quest for a Key, and most of the areas are pretty much finished outside of some vore scenes and quest related conversations. I haven't been able to get as much work done as I'd like, work has been crazy busy and been struggling with idea's for new scenes.
So far in the demo there are a few extras to do, there's a merchant to get a device that respawns you after most vore scenes and a maze for an item that will be useful after I get the combat system working (going to try and integrate Khas's Sapphire system :) ) so there are no battles yet unfortunately :(

Sláinte and hope you all enjoy!
You knew him?
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Again, I like how detailed the maps are so far. I assume most areas will be filled with quests, challenges and vore still? Certainly wouldn't mind an ending in Erica :gulp:

Apart from that, a small bug report

- some maps have small issues. impassable terrain (the second village has a house with a balcony you can't move on for example and I noticed some minor things like trees missing a bottom side or cliffs that aren't finished yet.
- You can talk with the mayor of the first town twice and receive his letter twice.
- I have a feeling the wrong terrain in the Western Mountains is passable while some of it is impassable. I can't reach the top for example while I'm pretty sure there's something up there.
- the game freezes the moment you get the catgirl out of jail. I think it's missing some forced movement. I think that makes it impossible to review the rest of the demo unfortunately.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:19 am

That is massive for a compressed folder!
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SoSayWeAll » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:26 am

Link is updated with a quick bug fix, should have some of the issues resolved :) Also in the mountain terrain, you need to walk on the green paths :) but the area's scenes aren't quite finished yet.
Yeah, the game is pretty big at the moment as I've got lots of music so far, will be removing what isn't used after all the areas are finished :)

Sláinte and enjoy! :)
You knew him?
SoSayWeAll
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game