(SMALL AND FINAL UPDATE) Vore Game: Life of Prey

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

(SMALL AND FINAL UPDATE) Vore Game: Life of Prey

Postby Lakeless » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 pm

Hello, everyone.

So, I have been a lurker for a fair while now, but never actually taken the time to get into the community at all. I wanted to change that so, alas, here I am.

I've recently been working on my own vore game in RPG Maker VX Ace, but have come to a standstill. Mostly due to the fact that I have very limited knowledge of the program itself (I've been using it for about 3 days). I wanted to create a vast vore game for you all to enjoy, but have come into a bit of a wall.

This game currently will have roughly about 20 minutes gametime, depending on how fast you read etc etc. It was designed to be a no-bullshit type vore game, with a straight-to-the-point mentality. No battle scenes, VERY heavy genre related (vore), most scenes will lead to a death (although, I wasn't going to always make that the case, just to shake things up).

If you're like me, you probably don't want to be sat there for 45 minutes clutching your dick just waiting for it to get to the good stuff. You want raw, vore-related material straight out of the gate; I assume that's what most of you are playing these games for. No offense intended to the talented artists who make story content alongside the fetish side of things, they are amazing in their own right.

That being said, my game is by no means a masterpiece. Heck, I wouldn't even call it a rough sketch. It basically consists of different scenarios each leading to the same fadeout screen and vore description (I know, another one). I have tried my knack at trying to add custom animations to the game, I even managed to get the sprites sorted (thanks to a guide by the amazingly talented dokudoku). I just have no knowledge of how to add them in-game or how to get them to fit into their boxes etc (even saved with a $ symbol). So, rather than let the game sit on my harddrive to rot, I'd rather share it with you all and hopefully get a few of you to bust a nut in the process. What a guy I am.

Game content consists of: Oral vore, cooking vore, monster girls, male protagonist, human females

I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it. If you're interested in seeing more, I would happily continue to add to it as it was no chore to make. I just couldn't help it felt too samey, even given the different scenarios you face.

NEW LINK

https://mega.nz/#!JQ0FSR6K!RVQzmkyE5U7D ... JOMG7VQ7Xw

There are some unfinished parts to this, naturally, so some scenes will have audio while others will not. The maps are not mine, just the templates already ingame. I didn't want to focus too much on the environment as much as I did the vore and making my own maps would just slow down the content. There is also no music as I often found it too distracting.

Well, that's about it I think. Sorry for the wall of text. Just let me know what you guys think. Hope you enjoy!

*EDIT*

This project has been floating around for a while now with no info nor word and for that, I apologize. The future of this game is more or less nonexistent as, for lack of a better reason, the laziness had finally reached its pinnacle with me and it had started to become more of a chore to complete rather than for fun. Here is the final update for this game, although it is short. It was mostly just to pad out what was already there and add a bit more. Sorry to anybody that was looking forward to a full release, but my lack of talent and patience just hinders me too much in trying to complete it. That being said, I hope you enjoy this kinda minigame for what it is and hopefully it attends to your needs despite being the steaming pile of pred-crap that it is. Thanks.
Last edited by Lakeless on Mon May 16, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Re: (Unfinished) New Vore Game: Life of Prey

Postby luke1401 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:27 pm

not bad, would love to see more. Needs some sort of animation to go with the game overs though.

I also cant get out of the village to go treasure hunting.
luke1401
Participator

Postby Lakeless » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:54 pm

Ah, well you see that's where I finished the demo. Funnily enough for the reason you mentioned, that there was nothing to go with the game overs.

I've tried doing my own animations, but my knowledge is limited. I've also tried incorporating images, but it's troublesome to find images that match the sprites/facesets and I'm no artist.

I have a few more ideas for scenarios, but it would only end in the way the others did from what I know about using this software. Hence why I didn't continue the game from there.
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Postby forumlurker » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:35 pm

I like what you have so far.

1 Bug I ran into so far was in the inn. If you pay the gold and are transported into your room, the innkeeper and the witch walk in. However, you're able to move once they are done speaking and you can get out of the room before they block the exit.If you manage to succeed, you get stuck.

I personally wouldn't mind the scenes to be a bit longer. Most scenes at the moment are over you enter the stomach.
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Lakeless » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank you!

Yeah, I was already aware of that issue. I just didn't want to address it in my original post because I feel it somewhat spoils what scenarios there are on offer before people had even played it.

There's also the issue of text being out of the box due to faces taking up box room. Common mistake and I actually did go back and fix a lot of it, but there's still a few instances of it happening.

If you encounter any other bugs, let me know. I feel I may continue this project with sound effects and images on the death scenes and perhaps just change the colour of the images to match sprites/facesets. We'll see how it goes. Could potentially add belly bulge after consumption also. Thanks for playing!
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Postby TheBlueDevil » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Love it so far! Can't wait to see what you do later on in the future.
TheBlueDevil
New to the forum

Postby Ryuu27 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:10 am

Begin interesting, just the scripts vore scenes that I think too short, not detailed enough. And if you do not describe digestion, it is by choice?
Ryuu27
Participator

Postby CrazedCultist » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 pm

I had a look at your sprite problem, Dokudoku's Tutorial uses RPGXP sprite widths.
RPG VX Ace doesn't have as good single sprite selection as RPGXP but there are work arounds.

I did a quick and dirty edit for you.
Spoiler: show
TestAnim.png
TestAnim.png (20.58 KiB) Viewed 11799 times

That will show in game now.

Too Animate such scenes in RPG VX Ace there are a few ways,
Here's one example using the above the sprite sheet.
example1.png

and heres a template for VX Sprites if you want to give it a go.
blank[1].png
blank[1].png (2.53 KiB) Viewed 11799 times
CrazedCultist
Somewhat familiar

Postby Lakeless » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:25 pm

@Ryuu27 There seems to be a few people mentioning that the scenes are too short, when I thought they were a bit too long if anything. Mind you, that's only because I kept typing so it feels like I've written loads when it probably isn't that much. I didn't include digestion because that's not really my thing, I like the concept of death more than actually describing it. That's why I like cooking, it's like the foreplay before the sex (in this case vore) whereas straight out vore is just like jumping straight into the sex. At least, that's for me. I can include some digestion scenes to satisfy the few who enjoy it, however.

@CrazedCultist That is a remarkable job! Highly appreciate your efforts and contribution. I'll be sure to use those sprite sheets and try messing around with animations again. Also curious as to how you got my sprite templates as I didn't actually add them in-game ;P

I take it for the sprite sheets it doesn't matter which colour is used? Again, I'm pretty new to all of this.

Thanks to everyone for their support and suggestions thus far. I shall be doing a continuation of this project with hopefully a better quality product at the end of it.
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrazedCultist » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 pm

Lakeless wrote:@CrazedCultist That is a remarkable job! Highly appreciate your efforts and contribution. I'll be sure to use those sprite sheets and try messing around with animations again. Also curious as to how you got my sprite templates as I didn't actually add them in-game ;P

I take it for the sprite sheets it doesn't matter which colour is used? Again, I'm pretty new to all of this.

You left them in the game folder in the download.
I properly should have explained it a bit better in regards to how the templates work.

I was gonna explain it over PM but I'll do it here so other people can use it as well.
I use Photoshop to edit sprites myself, since I'm lazy and like all the extras that PS has.

Wall 'o Text ahead.
RPG Maker uses a Grid system for sprites which are at specific dimensions. RPG XP and VX both use different formats in the Grid, XP has a 4x4 Grid and VX is 3x4.
So that Template I posted in my previous post is a Standard VX ACE sized grid for 6 "Normal" sized Characters. RPGXP doesn't support mass spritesheets like VX. you can cut the template down to one 3x4 Grid if you want to make a single character. Each Square is a Frame, which RPG Maker uses for movement.
Example of a Harpy Recolour I was doing.
example2.png

You notice I'm using the template is a rear layer, However I will not use the template in the final sprite. You will delete the Template layer after you finish editing giving you a transparent background for the sprite so you can save the sheet as a PNG File format for use in RPG Maker.

The Purpose of the Template is to help you Align your frames in the sprite sheet so they match up.

Now for the VX sprite sheet dimensions, For a single VX character ( Just a single batch of 3x4 Squares at the "Normal" Size ) is 96x128 Pixels. I'll refer to these as Character grids from now on.
SingleTemplate.png
SingleTemplate.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 11173 times

Now if you want the sprite to appear bigger in game you can increase the dimensions by multiples of 2, if you don't use multiples of 2 there's a chance the sheet will become misaligned in game.

So you note the size of sheet I made your sprites was 768x512 Pixels and is 6 Character Grids large.
Because RPG VX Ace doesn't let you choose a single Frame for animation events, I spread your animation over 5 character grids.
So the graphic change function in the move event can give the appearance of animation. I reason(s) I duped the sprite 3 times on each character grid was because of the way RPG Maker handles Character direction in game, But I'm also also lazy and should have duped the sprites of all the character grid squares. This is just a precaution in the case the using The Directional Fix flag in the event editor( See the RPG VX event example in my previous post ) fails.

I don't think I'm good at explaining things but hopefully someone found this information useful.
CrazedCultist
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 am

Is the name a reference to Life of Pi?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby WolfHunter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:32 am

I kind of like this game its simple and entartaining hope for more content and a bit longer vore scenes
good job! like the gme :)
WolfHunter
New to the forum

Postby Lakeless » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:57 am

@0Anesthetic4u Nope, just entirely coincidence that it happens to sound somewhat similar. It's meant to be about the hardships of living a life as prey with inevitable consequences, hence the heavy-themed vore game this is.

ALSO

I have begun a continuation of this project thanks to the help of some mighty fine people over here at Ekas lending me a helping hand (you know who you all are). I've now learned how to do animations and I'm also incorporating a few other surprises to try and make this game somewhat more interesting than just a text read.

Do not expect a new version any time soon. It's going to take me some time to do all the animations and edits required, but it's all to try and bring you all something somewhat enjoyable... And essentially fap-worthy.

Thanks to all for their support on this game, I'm very humbled that such a rough version had such a lovely reception. You people over here at Ekas are awesome! :-D

Stay tuned!
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Postby CrazedCultist » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:55 pm

That's the spirit, Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
CrazedCultist
Somewhat familiar

Postby AuraDrak » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:03 pm

Will there be a way to turn on/off scat?
AuraDrak
Been posting for a bit

Postby trompaquin » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:23 pm

WERE THE DEMO END? did we can leave the first town ? (sry bad english but i try)
trompaquin
New to the forum

Re: (SMALL AND FINAL UPDATE) Vore Game: Life of Prey

Postby Lakeless » Mon May 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Game has been updated. Be sure to download the new link in the original post!

Also, there are a crap-ton of resources inside the game folders if anyone would be interested. It's nothing of my own content except the ones that were edited, although it's still not technically mine.
Lakeless
Somewhat familiar

Re: (SMALL AND FINAL UPDATE) Vore Game: Life of Prey

Postby player1 » Mon May 16, 2016 3:02 pm

well.. another one bites the dust.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game