Glorious Gluttonous 3D Adventure!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Glorious Gluttonous 3D Adventure!

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Glorious Gluttonous 3D Adventure! (Name Pending ^_^)
~Based on Duamutef's Glorious Vore RPG

Yep its been a week already! Well its about time I talk about this new game I have in the works, enough teasing, time to lay out my plans and let you guys know what on earth I have planned!!

Original Post: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=45310

As you all know Duamutefs Vore RPG is a fantastic game, and for some of us, one of our first ever vore games! Sadly as time goes on and computers improve its getting harder and harder to own a stable copy of the game, no word of a lie, while I was researching the games maps I must have spent a good 3 days trying to get a copy to run on my pc! Even then some monsters where glitchy...

Now this project is not out to remake it, no I don't feel that confident to risk butchering his work and ruining peoples memories of the game, for this first attempt the games story (Yet to be drafted) will cover another story from a different moment in time about another girl. Maybe if this goes well and I feel my experience with the engine has gone well then I will go about remaking the original story in all its 3D glory, but for now I want to craft the world, adapt the engine and hopefully build a working conversation system ^_^

As you can see in the title of this page this game will be "Based" on the legendary work by Duamutef, I think I need to explain this one first as I don't want to tarnish expectation of this game. The engines used are two different things entirely, his one was used for top down RPGs while my one is more based on the more modern first person kind of game. Imagen it like Fallout and Fallout 3, same story different prospective on things, however unlike Fallout the gameplay may change due to limitations it will be less RPG and more based on adventure. There will still be a story but maybe not as much as the original, all depends what I can do during my experimentations :-D

Ok so at this current moment this game could barely be classed as in Alpha, as I lack the maps, characters, models, AI, story and scripts to really start making progress. So I feel I will be starting in stages, once they have been met and I will have the tools to finally start bringing out the Alpha builds to you all ^_^

Stage 1:
Completion of the first build of the cave and first town

Stage 2:
Make models for females and enemies (Not all of them! Just enough to get a game going) Along with animations for them all

Stage 3:
Get AI scripted for towns folk and enemies

Stage 4:
Try to get a RPG conversation script or some other kind of work around to allow for the npcs to converse with the player to give missions

Stage 5:
Complete the Forest between Home and City of Angles and the City of Angles map itself

Stage 6:
Get the game ready for its first Alpha!

I will also say as I'm a one man band at the moment, with a full time job and other hobbies this game may take a year to get into alpha, as time goes on this make more or less time. All depends on how things go on :-)

For more info just ask below or pm me, I will try to keep you guys updated on my progress :-)
~Nerdy Neko
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Re: Glorious Gluttonous 3D Adventure!

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:19 pm

Fixes:
>The Pre-Alpha Pre-Stage Build: Be sure you drivers are up to date, be sure to check your Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package is up to date and if you see a black screen give it time to load! It takes a min or so on my pc and its a beast, one of the many perks of a poorly optimised first map ;-)

FAQ:
Q. Where are the frequently asked questions?
A. Only just made this... gosh me give me some time! X-D
Last edited by NerdyNeko on Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 5 times in total.
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:20 pm

(reserved)
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby NerdyNeko » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:21 pm

(reserved)
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby forumlurker » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:22 pm

Very interesting. Will certainly follow this closely. Best of luck on the project!
forumlurker
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Skeiron » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:54 pm

Seconding what forumlurker said :)
"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"Remember that life is better than it seems"
Skeiron
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:00 pm

eeh, i followed all the instruction on how t dowload and install the teaser but when i open the .exe i get a black screen which vanishes after a few seconds, upon looking at the console i could discern something along "unable to initialize sound database" or something close.

anything to help a curious fella?
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby captamis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:51 pm

following with great intrest
captamis
Somewhat familiar

Postby vore2412 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:19 pm

You have my complete interest, is sad that some people don't even know the awesomeness of Duamutef in our community, I am glad someone else remembers it very fondly.
vore2412
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby martyr » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:30 pm

Definitely interested. :3
martyr
Participator

Postby tritrium » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:54 pm

Hey, i wanted to take a peek in the map thingy u got but it just stays a black screen & then shuts down, no error messages.
I downloaded that fix you linked in the other thread but, same result.
Any ideas?
tritrium
Participator

Postby zerothx16 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:25 am

Try a different unzip program if you have any. Sometimes different unzip programs help.
zerothx16
Somewhat familiar

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:23 pm

this looks like a very good project. if you need help with dialogue and story writing, shoot me a message. i worked on bellybound and have written a lot of profiles, and rps. as well as being a fan of the old game, so i can make sure things fit.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby tritrium » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:45 pm

zerothx16 wrote:Try a different unzip program if you have any. Sometimes different unzip programs help.

tried 4 different ones, still doesnt work sadly.
It sounds like an extremely ambitious but at the same time interesting project.
Id love to help with animations/textures but i just cant atm i got too much work as is right now.
maybe in the future i could
tritrium
Participator

Postby warbrand4 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:04 pm

This sounds interesting, defiantly going to watch this.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby NerdyNeko » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:19 am

forumlurker wrote:Very interesting. Will certainly follow this closely. Best of luck on the project!

Thank you matey ^_^

player1 wrote:eeh, i followed all the instruction on how t dowload and install the teaser but when i open the .exe i get a black screen which vanishes after a few seconds, upon looking at the console i could discern something along "unable to initialize sound database" or something close.

For now I am working on compatibility issues, but I have found those who use there system for gaming seem not to have this problem as commonly, so all I can say is update your systems drivers. Ensure everything is fully up to date :-)

vore2412 wrote:You have my complete interest, is sad that some people don't even know the awesomeness of Duamutef in our community, I am glad someone else remembers it very fondly.

This is why I made this project, I want to give more people fond memories of this game :-D

tritrium wrote:Hey, i wanted to take a peek in the map thingy u got but it just stays a black screen & then shuts down, no error messages.
I downloaded that fix you linked in the other thread but, same result.
Any ideas?

Dont download the same link unless your suffering from the same problems :-) Like I said try to keep your system up to date, update the drivers, ect, ect... Ill be working on a fix in the mean time

NekoYuki wrote:this looks like a very good project. if you need help with dialogue and story writing, shoot me a message. i worked on bellybound and have written a lot of profiles, and rps. as well as being a fan of the old game, so i can make sure things fit.

Why thank you ^_^ in the coming months I will be using one of my reserved spots to post requests for help in the project! Being a one man band it would be nice to have the community join in and be part of this, dw I'll be making a cool little easter egg to credit anyone that helps me in this... I want this to be the communitys project rather than just mine :-)
NerdyNeko
Been posting for a bit

Postby NekoYuki » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

Whelp, my offer stands open, just message me when.if you need help, or add Ardith_Prime on skype.
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby player1 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 pm

NerdyNeko wrote:
player1 wrote:eeh, i followed all the instruction on how t dowload and install the teaser but when i open the .exe i get a black screen which vanishes after a few seconds, upon looking at the console i could discern something along "unable to initialize sound database" or something close.

For now I am working on compatibility issues, but I have found those who use there system for gaming seem not to have this problem as commonly, so all I can say is update your systems drivers. Ensure everything is fully up to date :-)

i updated my drivers and it doesn't look like it comes from them, i did try to run it on my laptop, only to get the same error while all of it's drivers are up to date. also, all of the good comments are a torture in this case. :V
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TheDragonDrake » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:58 pm

It seems the crashing error is due to it not being able to load sounds, cause I see an error about it in the log just before it crashes.
TheDragonDrake
Somewhat familiar

Postby kaurendor » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:14 am

When are there going to be Vore Scenes? c:
kaurendor
New to the forum

Next

Return to Vore game