Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo B.6)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Kingdom of the Hunters (RMMV) Rebooted (Demo B.6)

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:39 am

This game is being rebooted, so a lot is changing.

Multiple lines of trouble are brewing in a small kingdom. The current heir to the kingdom is making thing worse by selfishly enjoying the ability to have commoners hunted on a whim so she can enjoy lavish feasts.

There is only one class, and abilities (Magic, Combat, and Skills) are controlled by equipment. Depending on what you equip, you control what the individual is capable of.

As the rules stand, there are only a few "official" settlements, and anyone outside of these settlements is fair prey for the hunt.

Since this is more about the types, it is a kingdom ruled by the monster and other creatures. Humans don't exist in this kingdom, but there are human like creatures.

I've stepped down from 10 elements to just 5. Fire, Water, Air, Earth, and Spirit. Remapping the strengths and weaknesses of the races, and mapping out the 9 areas of the kingdom. The 3 x 3 square is already in place.

You now get to choose your starting Party of 2 out of 12 choices. Fox, Lizard, Cat, Bunny, Mouse, Goat, and Male and/or Female of each. Yes, you can choose the Male and Female of the same species, but you can not double down on the same character.

Newest demo uploaded 9/11/17:
Quests, including the Main Quest have been added and tested.
You know have something to do besides grind levels.

Edit 8/25/2017
Link to the Google Drive folder where the downloads will be.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8K-S ... UE3ZGo4NGs
Last edited by Thagrahn on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 16 times in total.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: RPG Maker VX Ace game in progress

Postby RumiBelly » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:58 am

Is this the game the reason for your main villain discussion thread?
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:22 am

Yes, going to use that as the focus, and combine in some other projects I've been working on.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:22 am

Not much progress to report since it has been a busy week so far, and I've been working with no internet access for the computer.

Filled out the Castle floors to include a hidden dungeon. Adjusted the class for the princess to fit the games style of damage scaling.

Starting to work on the weapons and armor to better fit the setting.

Basically minimal progress.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:07 am

Alright, some core story before I forget it.

~~~

The drakes built a kingdom through their natural given powers, but to ensure the longevity, they suppressed their naturally voracious appetite for the flesh of lesser creatures.

The Grimmfang lineage, the purest if the families, has ruled this kingdom for five generations. Other drake drake families that once served as noble guards and council have either left for new hunting grounds, or died off.

The current Queen Grimmfang has gone so far as to limit her eating to use as execution. With how few laws carry the death penalty, this means she can go months without feasting on a living creature.

Princess Grimmfang, the only true heir to the throne, sees no reason to hold back her hunger at all. She is rumored to have gained a great bulk from feeding solely on living prey. The trouble is, the princess has never left the castle grounds, yet seems to feast twice a week.

The once busy and well populated outskirts have seen a sharp drop in prey population. Some attribute this to the increased raids from wild beasts a foreign hunter. Others point towards the decline in regular patrols that should have keep such raids in check.

Ultimately, the kingdom is at risk of collapsing, and the prey and lesser predators fear a return of open unchecked hunting.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:14 pm

Okay, had several hours of focus today, and managed to get the weapons and armour done so that they fit the combat style of armor reducing damage by a percentage equal to the character's defence.

Testing out with mock up character had good damage levels that can make a fight both hard and interesting. (Yay, for test battles in the troop tab.)

Planning out the actual characters is taking some time since race can effect class features, and also trying to track down a script to alter the choices on the fight menu.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Well, got all relevant weapons modified to fit the theme, also all of the armour is finished. Doing a bit of Bronze Age with this one just felt right.

Battles against the Princess take forever since I still have to build the Classes, Actors, and Skills properly. I do have the Skills broken into four groups; Tactics, Arcane, Divine, and Tricks. Classes that have suggested themselves use two of the Skill types. That's six classes for the player's final party to be built from.

Since the Actor's race effects it's ability to use certain elements, knowing the race will determine the elements with which I should build the Skills.

Tactics are more towards the warrior view, while Tricks are suppose to surprise the enemy with unusual twists on the Attack or Element usage.

So far, only one Actor has suggested itself to me. Zyrran is an anthro lynx, and an Adept (Divine plus Tricks). Being a lynx, her Elements are primarily Ice and Plant. She can also use Water.

The Elements are as follows:
Fire; light, flames, and explosions. Weak to Water, and Strong against Plant.
Water; liquids and acids. Weak against Lightning, and Strong against Fire.
Lightning; Electricity (chances for stun and paralysis). Weak against Stone, and Strong against Water.
Stone; Rocks of all sizes. Weak agains Ice, and Strong against Lightning.
Ice; Cold, Frost, and Snow. Weak against Metal, and Strong against Stone.
Metal; Not to be confused with the materials. Weak against Air, and Strong against Ice.
Air; Wind and Sound. Weak against Plant, and Strong against Metal.
Plant; Vines, Flowers, Thorns, and Posions. Weak against Fire, and Strong against Air.

A lot of setup done, but still np real game play.

I do have a list of creatures already matched against the Elements, and it includes the Drake and Naga races which have become key to the story. The Queen and Princess are Drakes, and the Princess's personal guard and Cohort is a Naga. Giving away the elements would be a clue as to how to defeat them, so best hidden somewhere in a key area of the game.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Still using placeholder graphics as I build the intro and first town.

Still trying to figure out what races to make the player party charaters since that will determine some of the skills they can use.

Trying to get a mix of male and female characters since I want a slightly believable world. This means eventually needing the various male and female battles and sprite sheets.

Not sure if going to include ferals, but that would allow some regions to have random battles, with the event based battles driving the story.

Still building the class skills, and considering the way I want to have everything look.

Less than 10 minutes of game play, with one untreatable battle. Minor glimpse at the main villain. Queen is completely missing from castle since I don't know what to have her doing.

About to get the Crusader and Spellblade recruitment working, but need to figure out where they are going to be heading...

Need to build a lot more maps.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jyoster » Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:55 pm

So fall this project seems very promising. Looking forward to what's to come. :D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 am

jyoster wrote:So fall this project seems very promising. Looking forward to what's to come. :D

It seems like something I can stick with, but a lot to create still, and still holding off on uploading event an initial play test until I have at least a halfway decent intro into the world.

Once I have the play through reaching the second settlement, I Will likely have a goog clue as to who some of the characters are. Building this world is going to take the most time since the is 9 settlements planned, and just to connect them takes 12 additional maps. Once that's done, I have the maps for the underground areas to plan out.

Lot of work ahead, and at some point, the test game is also going to have clues as to what the character should look like for those that want to make sprites and battlers.

This is going to need me keeping tabs on progress, too, but that's the point of this thread.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby jyoster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:02 pm

Thagrahn wrote:
jyoster wrote:So fall this project seems very promising. Looking forward to what's to come. :D

It seems like something I can stick with, but a lot to create still, and still holding off on uploading event an initial play test until I have at least a halfway decent intro into the world.

Once I have the play through reaching the second settlement, I Will likely have a goog clue as to who some of the characters are. Building this world is going to take the most time since the is 9 settlements planned, and just to connect them takes 12 additional maps. Once that's done, I have the maps for the underground areas to plan out.

Lot of work ahead, and at some point, the test game is also going to have clues as to what the character should look like for those that want to make sprites and battlers.

This is going to need me keeping tabs on progress, too, but that's the point of this thread.
So... I have a question, and maybe it'll be answer later on. What kind of creatures do you plan to be in the game?

And maybe I can help :) . Although, I have no experience with making theses kinds on games :neutral: . ( wish I did ^^; )
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:12 am

Thagrahn wrote:A bat actually eats insects, not frogs. I am starting to see a potential food web form now.

Plants could live symbiotic with Bees, Fairies, and Ants. Spiders/Driders, Frogs, and Bats could eat the insects, while Rabbits, Mice, and Goats try to eat the Plants. Harpies, Naga, and Foxes could go after the Driders, Frogs, Mice, and Rabbits. Wolves and Bears can hunt the Rabbits and Goats. Felines could hunt Rabbits, Mice, Bats, and Harpies.

Slimes could be a scavenger type eating what they can get, but also a treat, like jello, for others.

Humans and Elves could also float in the mix hunting the Plants, Rabbits, and Goats mostly, but willing to Bears as well.

Drakes sit as the Appex Pred eating what they wish.

Snagged this post from the thread where I originally had help working out the nature of the villain and her cohort.

Tech level for the world is bronze age, so may need to modify the clothing selection to match, but other than that mostly a normal RPG.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Well, progress of sorts...

5 minutes of game play that help develop the plot...

The game world is far from complete, and one of the maps still needs to be finished (is included due to being a transition map.

Got ready to create an interaction with the queen, and realized I have no idea how she should react, and that all the build up was already making my head hurt.

May need to look into having a custom tile set made since I don't want to waste events on dead bodies. That requires having the sprite sheets of the actual characters create, though.

10 days, and I've made 5 minutes...
This is going to be a long project just for the story building.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:52 pm

Well, got a little more built, but hit a road block in what to have happen next.

Most of the game play comes from travel time, and its mostly a repeating route out and back.

Need to consider what values three of the characters have, and what race they are. (Third one to join is likely to be plant based, and other two are mostly defined by their class. Crusader and Spellblade, are recruits in the royal guard, so likely mid to high in the food web.)

Need to figure out the reasons to visit the next settlement or an underground area. Character values could help with that, and determine which of the two recruits becomes the rival, and which is the reluctant hero(en?).
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Running into issues with some events crashing and not working the way they did before.

Key events are broken, but I'm trying to fix things again.

Having to look at the interactions of events and variables currently being used.

May need common events (which means buying a full version) to get things to cooperate and not break again.

Currently needing to fix three events to restore the game to have the opening sequence work again.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Fixed the issues with some creative work around, but still have some minor bugs left.

Also, have no idea how to have the player party proceed to the next phase of the story. With know clear vision of who the two recruits (Crusader and Spellblade classes) are, it is hard to figure out what choices they will make regarding a bunch of prey they just saved from foreign press.

The Dryad Bard has been introduced as a party member, and the two recruits are middle level press of some type. Not sure about the views of the press about the Dryad, but she could be a key to which is the MC and which is the Rival for the next story arc.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RumiBelly » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:44 pm

When you say no vision for two recruits, how much do you know about them? species? personality? position on food chain?
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:53 pm

All I know is that they are likely mid to upper level preds. Say Fox, Feline, Wolf, Bear, and Naga level.

Personality wise, they are young and curious about the kingdom, but I'm not sure about their views on the welfare of the kingdoms prey.

Both have the loyalty needed to server in the Royal Kights or they wouldn't be recruits.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RumiBelly » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:16 am

Komodo dragon crusader. Not interested in the welfare of prey, but will help a citizen if asked to.
Shrew spellsword. Believes everything they hear, so his stance on prey welfare could vary depending on what others tell him.

Here's two ideas use them if you wish.
RumiBelly
Somewhat familiar

Postby Thagrahn » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:29 am

Shrew would likely be mouse and bunny level.

The Komodo Dragon being a lizard type would work, and they are known for eating whatever they can.

Part of me wants to do a Fox Spellblade who is smart enough to understand how the kingdom works, but is also very trusting of what he hears.

They got ordered to save a group of prey, and the prey is most likely fairies or bees pluss the Dryad Bard.

I can see them both being serious about the mission, but the Fox feels like the one who would likely continue protecting the prey event after they are away from the outsider threat.

Yep, feeling a possible mini arc with this pairing.
Thagrahn
Advanced Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game