Would you pay for a vore game?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Would you pay for a vore game?

Postby smiley » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:49 pm

If (enough of) the vore matches my tastes and is of good quality then yes!
smiley
Participator

Postby Chaos3 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:17 pm

Nope, to poor to own this thing called money. :lol:
Chaos3
Been posting for a bit

Postby Cygni » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks so much for all the helpful feedback, guys. My plan is to have the vore be an add-on to a "base" module. That way, even if this thing doesn't pan out too well, I still have other possibilities. I plan to include all the "conventional" types of vore, as well as other aspects of them. Here's a list of what I'm thinking:

- Oral Vore
- Anal Vore
- Cock Vore
- Unbirth
- Breast Vore
- Soul Vore
- Pred/Prey
- Genders
- Endo
- Full Tour
- Disposal
- Sex

This is just a very rough draft. I plan to have everything able to be toggled from a simple GUI. Maybe if sales are good enough, I can add VR support. I wasn't planning on having any set story, though, Was thinking more of a High Medieval/Fantasy Open World Sandbox Thingy. There would be quests and factions, some lore, plenty of monsters, skill trees etc. Basically a standard open world RPG, but with vore. Heck, I may even try for multiplayer support. People would have to host their own servers or rent them from another company. This wouldn't start until at least a year or two from now, when I have my own house. But I want to make this happen. Does anyone have any other input?
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby BrokenButterfly45 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:13 am

It depends entirely on the game. If it appeals to my tastes, allows me to avoid things that aren't to my taste, and is well made (and by that I just mean it looks nice and isn't painfully unfun to play), then I would absolutely, positively pay money for it.

(And by "avoid", I mean that it would never be something I would be required to do. IE, I could either turn it off completely in menus so I never encounter it or, if it's related to a specific area/a specific set of monsters/etc. I can avoid them and thus avoid it)

Before I even thought about money, though, I would absolutely need three things:

1) A player gender option (so I can set what gender I want to be)
2) A predator gender option (so I could set what gender I want the predators to be)
3) The ability to be predator or prey (or both, depending on the situation) though this one can easily be discarded if the game is good enough

If it had those, allowed me to avoid things I didn't want to see, and was enjoyable to play, then I would absolutely pay money for it. Price itself would depend on exactly what was being delivered. If it's just stills or writing, then I probably wouldn't pay very much for it (not that I think it's not worth money, just that I, personally, am not all that interested in those sorts of things because I can either do them myself or get them everywhere). If it's actually got animations and such? I'd pay up to 20 dollars for it. If it's really good? 25 or 30... and possibly even 35 if it itches a lot of scratches I need.

I'd be willing to go up as high as 50 or 60 dollars for it IF it's got a LOT of content, a lot of kinks, and player customization (even if it's as simple as, say, having three hairstyles and six colors which you can apply to either hair or eyes; it doesn't have to be FFXIV level here, but just SOMETHING to make them look how you'd like). I'd gladly drop 60 dollars or more down on a big budget game that gives me what I want (*eyes the ME3 Collector's edition stuff*), so I don't see any reason to not be willing to pay that price for something that's high quality and full of content regardless of the type of game it is.

You hit a couple of these with your intended list, but I felt it would be good to say them anyway. Does that help at all?
BrokenButterfly45
Somewhat familiar

Postby KingKabal777 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 am

Maenethal wrote:Games are an art form. They provide a linear or interactive story with graphical representation. I know there are many people who pay for vore art, but not for games. I may, at some point in the future, work on creating a 3D vore game with respectable graphics. However, this effort would require multiple people, either from the community or flexible and open-minded developers. Also, no small sum of money. Before I make any serious considerations as to undertaking this venture, I need some confirmation from all of you that my investment would return some profit. And so, if you were to buy a game such as this, what would you be willing to pay, if anything?

True, but paying for a vore game is all dependent on the situation, here I think about this:

Am I getting a video game for a console that I own? If so, have I looked into it and does it interest me enough as seeing the vore scenes in the game? IE: Final boss could do hard vore, boss or enemy could do oral vore, etc.

Am I getting a electronic game that is eastern? (Japanese like) If so, what kinds of vore are in it? Is it just one simple kind of vore, or is it complex by adding multiple kinds of vore into it?

Some I prefer, but limited to preference are:

Oral vore
Hard vore
Unbirth (If female characters are available, not interested in the herm category)
Soul vore

There's a lot of things in gaming that I look into before I bother to buy, so whatever is identified in the game and revealed determines whether I buy it or not. Like for instance, Kid Icarus Uprising is a game I may have never played before, but in reality there is some hard vore, without blood from a specific enemy in some chapters, while in one chapter, the true antagonist performs a vaccuming like vore scene after destroying the protagonists main sacred weapon (unless you go without it, then theres a compliment to you before a burp goes in your face for a dialog change). There's also a enemy called Ornes, but I don't know if they follow under a vore category, never got
killed by one before.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby blergle » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:44 am

If it was to my tastes, yes. It's hard to find the stuff that I really like, so if I found an actual game that catered to what I like, I would snap it up for a reasonable price. However, if my tastes were an afterthought or just a minor part of the game and it was mainly stuff that bores me, that would not be enough to tempt me to buy it. It would have to be ALL stuff I like, without much of the stuff I'm not into.
blergle
---

Postby player1 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:23 am

It depends on the platform and the level of work for me.

The game for me if someone wants to be paid for it has to be either in advanced beta or completed, i find it too much to pay for content which says 'chapter 1' or 'version 0.xx' when i know there may be a good chance for the project to drop. It would be hypocrite of me to pay for such a thing while i criticize the early access of big publishers like EA even if it's something i like. Furthermore, i don't think i would pay more than 10 bucks for a game made with RPGmaker. I know it ain't the first and it certainly won't be the last on these platforms so in point of view it would need HEAVY loads of work to be worth paying.

In the end, id definitely put some bucks in a game which:

-Is entire coded in one's own engine or engines such as Unity/UE4 (for it needs way more hard work and offers more than the current RPGMaker graphics and gameplay)
-has proper graphics, sounds etc. (id be down to support a person who goes full 3d, we need it!)
-Is nearby completion or complete.

I won't put in the fact that it matches my kinks because that's a given.
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Battalia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:53 am

I have, and will pay for vore games. Have spent as much on journeyman's blackjack as a AAA PS4 title actually :-D
Battalia
Somewhat familiar

Postby gigi0709 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:16 pm

I would also pay for a good game if the content is the right for me.
gigi0709
New to the forum

Postby Nornim » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:27 pm

I have donated money to games on here before, though that was largely because they were fun to play even when not wanking.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby mojo-2131285 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:42 pm

No. There's too much free content to ever make me want to pay for vore.
AD SIDERA!!!
mojo-2131285
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby klonoa723 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:44 pm

Welp, I did pay for the Demon Angel Sakura games, and they're worth every cent, imo.
Open for commissions: https://aryion.com/g4/view/479460
klonoa723
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jaxed » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 am

Maenethal wrote:Thanks so much for all the helpful feedback, guys. My plan is to have the vore be an add-on to a "base" module. That way, even if this thing doesn't pan out too well, I still have other possibilities. I plan to include all the "conventional" types of vore, as well as other aspects of them. Here's a list of what I'm thinking:

- Oral Vore
- Anal Vore
- Cock Vore
- Unbirth
- Breast Vore
- Soul Vore
- Pred/Prey
- Genders
- Endo
- Full Tour
- Disposal
- Sex

This is just a very rough draft. I plan to have everything able to be toggled from a simple GUI. Maybe if sales are good enough, I can add VR support. I wasn't planning on having any set story, though, Was thinking more of a High Medieval/Fantasy Open World Sandbox Thingy. There would be quests and factions, some lore, plenty of monsters, skill trees etc. Basically a standard open world RPG, but with vore. Heck, I may even try for multiplayer support. People would have to host their own servers or rent them from another company. This wouldn't start until at least a year or two from now, when I have my own house. But I want to make this happen. Does anyone have any other input?

So, like Skyrim, with vore?

...oh wait.
Jaxed
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby HS » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:28 am

Depends on the amount and type of content naturally, but I would readily pay up to $50, the same as for normal games. Though for a real masterpiece I might pay more, like for one game I hunted down on the Ebay. Perhaps a base price with an option for additional contibutions? For example, Dwarf Fortress is free, but over the years I've donated a total of 70€ for it, coming to well over $80 at the rates in effect around that time. And when I inevitably one day again start playing the game, I'll likely donate more.
HS
Somewhat familiar

Postby JaredTheCat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:31 am

Hell yeah, I would. $60 for a vore game.
To live is to die, to eat is to digest, and to sing is to entertain.
JaredTheCat
Heavy user

Postby Kirah » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:13 pm

Only if it was really good.
Kirah
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tritrium » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:36 pm

I bought a couple of vore & even non vore games so far.
For me personally it just has to have decent animations :p
Im happy with a lot of stuff when it comes to vore.
Except hard vore

But its very very difficult to cover a bunch of different kinks without making the game look more like a collection of content rather then
a decent game.
tritrium
Participator

Postby FBnorman » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:54 am

i wouldnt pay for any of them, because most of them were never finished.
FBnorman
Somewhat familiar

Postby kongpow » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:10 am

Maenethal wrote:Thanks so much for all the helpful feedback, guys. My plan is to have the vore be an add-on to a "base" module. That way, even if this thing doesn't pan out too well, I still have other possibilities. I plan to include all the "conventional" types of vore, as well as other aspects of them. Here's a list of what I'm thinking:

- Oral Vore
- Anal Vore
- Cock Vore
- Unbirth
- Breast Vore
- Soul Vore
- Pred/Prey
- Genders
- Endo
- Full Tour
- Disposal
- Sex

I've spent upwards of 700$usd at this point on hardware and shipping alone, simply to play Skyrim Devourment with as much visual eyecandy as possible and still have good fps while doing it. (It's so worth it.) I wouldn't have a problem shelling out 30-50$ on another game like that.

But, I just don't see a team of 1-5 people being able to realistically create something like Skyrim from the ground up. (That's basically what you're are describing right?) It took Bethesda, a team of about 100 people a few years to do that.

Coupled with the fact that you can buy Skyrim for 5$ when it goes on sale several times a year.

It's going to be a massive undertaking with little to no return due to the nature of the fetish. While I'd love nothing more then to see something like this become reality, I'm not going to hold my breath, as this community has a long history of creating game idea's and starting game creation, but most never go past demo, and almost none ever even get close to a predicted finish.

In a couple years when your financially stable, I recommend treating this as a hobby, do not invest a bunch of money into this project and expect to make a profit off it, you would probably be fortunate just to break even after several years post release.

I think a better thing to do would be, starting with a game that is highly modifiable to potentially save you the trouble of trying to build something like that from the ground up. Use what's already been made as a base by others and go from there.

So I recommend looking into modding Fallout 4 for vore if it hasn't been done yet at that point, as well as modding vore into whatever the next TES game will be.

I think Devourment is a good example of a more realistic approach to combining vore with a 3d open world game. It saves a ton of effort and time, those Bethesda games are so universally modifiable you could potentially create the setting you explained as an open world mod, and have it set outside skyrim, as its own unique game experience. One man created a mod called Falskaar, which adds a new open world map almost as big as skyrim, complete with its own quest line, side quests, locations to explore, and custom voiced npc's to eat.

However, both Falskaar and Devourment are free.

TL:DR I think your making a smart decision making the vore part an addon of the base. The thing you should be looking to make a profit off is the modifiable sandbox base you would be creating. That could potentially have a much larger general audience of buyers then the myriad of kinks this community likes to embellish.

Garry's Mod is a pretty good example of that I think. ^^;
Devourment v.65d Legacy Pack

http://tinyurl.com/z3faw96

^^^LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD/GUIDE^^^

Cheers!
kongpow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Stunlocked » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:07 pm

Try to collect money to make a mod in Skyrim where you can swallow people in various ways. With animations. There is a mod already but that just makes an NPC suddenly disappear and stretches the character model's belly.
Stunlocked
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game