CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.6.0) 6/15

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: POWDER V2: The POWDER roguelike mod.

Postby Talon13 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:17 am

Any news
Talon13
Participator

Postby bluescreen » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:49 am

Hey. I was really excited to see this game. have you made any progress? If not, is it possible I could see the version that has saving issues? I really want to try it
bluescreen
New to the forum

Postby blackrock215 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:01 pm

Talon13 wrote:Any news

Not completely dead, just mostly.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: POWDER V2: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.1.3) 10/30

Postby HxD » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:28 am

A good idea would be to bump the topic when an update is out.
Anyway, I crash when I get polymorphed or I possess something and I try to eat something below me.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.1.3) 10/30

Postby blackrock215 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:05 am

As suggested by user HxD, bumping this because I posted an update. New in this version is specialized and varied messages for different types of vore and a few miscellaneous changes. Check the changelog or features list for more info.

In addition, I've decided on a bit of a roadmap for the next couple of updates. They're mostly going to be bugfix and content updates so I can get unique lines for all the vore-capable mobs in the game. After that I'm going to see about adding different types of vore, and then possibly a new tile-set, more mobs and if I can figure it out perhaps some type of simple spriteswap for full mobs.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.2.0) 11/20

Postby HxD » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:16 am

blackrock215 wrote:As suggested by user HxD, bumping this because I posted an update. New in this version is specialized and varied messages for different types of vore and a few miscellaneous changes. Check the changelog or features list for more info.

In addition, I've decided on a bit of a roadmap for the next couple of updates. They're mostly going to be bugfix and content updates so I can get unique lines for all the vore-capable mobs in the game. After that I'm going to see about adding different types of vore, and then possibly a new tile-set, more mobs and if I can figure it out perhaps some type of simple spriteswap for full mobs.

Welcome to 2017!
I encountered some crashes with nested preds/prey. Like if A ate B and B ate C, If B dies then crash. I don't exactly remember it specifically, but I'll leave that to you.
Also, the game is still called POWDER internally.
Last edited by HxD on Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:49 am

This game is pretty awesome, really looking forward to seeing unique scenes for each creature.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby HxD » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm going to bump this up to make it seem like this mod of a game becomes kinda relevant again.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Postby bluescreen » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:42 pm

Ey, I really like this... there's just one thing... is there anyway to start this off with the ability to eat things? I would like to be a pred, but the default person can't. Love it otherwise :)
bluescreen
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.2.1) 2/12

Postby HxD » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Bumping this because OP forgot.
HxD
Been posting for a bit

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:25 am

HxD wrote:Bumping this because OP forgot.

Silly OP is silly.

This game is good, I like to know when there is more content.
"In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death, taxes, and that a vore game will be abandoned" -Benjamin Franklin, 1789
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Postby blackrock215 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 am

HxD wrote:Bumping this because OP forgot.

It wasn't much of an update tbh. This one only kinda qualifies, too, although I did spend a decent amount of time writing all these lines.

For 0.2.2:
I didn't get the chance to actually run through all of them, so let me know if any of the lines have tense/object issues or just don't make sense.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.2.2) 2/20

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 pm

Huh... are we talking about a new open-source vore game emerging? Because if so, I'm totally interested! From what I've read so far, this might be pretty good.

Are you keeping the source code available for the public? If so, is there a make / cmake setup for compiling it on Linux, and do you plan to put the code on a Git repository at any point?
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RakeVuri » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 am

Tested this out, it's pretty cool so far. Wish is a nice way to mess with all the stuff in the game without too much grinding.
Though with messing with Possess, I did find out that if you possess something and then eat and digest yourself, you go into negative HP without actually dying. Can walk around (albiet invisible), and unless you get hit and lose more health, you don't game over.

Edit:

Are you planning on having this be open source later? I would love to work on implementing other monsters, or giving new lines to existing ones. I notice a severe lack of wolves, for example, hehe.
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Zeldazackman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 pm

Finally got a chance to sit down and play this as a fan of roguelike games.

All in all it's pretty nice, liked the extended dialogue that was added to the green dragon.

Also found that in version 0.0.3 there was a fun little bug wherein mobs that shouldn't eat you could with a little trial and error (even the lowly mouse managed to devour the dungeon crawling adventurer)
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby sizehunter » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:10 am

On another topic, it's mentioned that if a summon dispels after you make it eat you, the game crashes... Perhaps you could have a sort of summon realm that it transports you to instead of deleting you as the crash seems to imply.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby Mikeyou » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:20 am

sizehunter wrote:On another topic, it's mentioned that if a summon dispels after you make it eat you, the game crashes... Perhaps you could have a sort of summon realm that it transports you to instead of deleting you as the crash seems to imply.

*The diamon smiles wickedly, rubbing the bulge that is the adventurer is making. Having been just summon and his waist-high wanted to climb into his "Personal hell" for safety. Understandable, he has a nasty stab to the knee from dead lizard man, plus there is a cocktrice nearby...no foolish creature would ever want to be near it....not even the diamon himself...but he has a plan...RUN AWAY. As soon as he felt tingle sensation, the diamon faced the cocktrice and disappears, all while emitting a terrifying laughter that made even the adventurer doubt his safetiness. Now the diamon has returned home, he gazes at his prize hungerly....he would crush him, he would taunt him, he would pretend to be a merciless predator...oh the possibilities...and his master would happily comply. For now, he'll allow him to adjust to his "Hell".
The adventurer sighs, sleepy from all that ordeal...he didn't expect to arrive the diamon's realm...but he wouldn't object now that he has a friend that looks after him. He's about to sleep when he remembered why he's in the dungeon in the first place....The artifact!!...he must get back....but how? Surely the diamon wouldn't take this kindly*

Sorry, always wanted to RP while playing rogue like games....makes thing 10x interesting to me....anyway

Main reply:
While this is possible, you're forgetting that the map generator for a summoned realm doesn't exist, even if the mod creator managed to implement it AND add a portal to return to the dungeon....the whole teleport to the summon realm seems pointless as it contributes little to the game (unless the mod creator once again added a secret artifact called "Evil demonic whip of destroy everything" or a secret god that can only be accessed by this method).

It's still a cool concept sizehunter, but given that the mod creator is already struggling with the bugs (and the last update being half a year old), the best alternative solution would be releasing all preys when the summon timer is up.
Mikeyou
New to the forum

Postby blackrock215 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:25 am

Mikeyou wrote:It's still a cool concept sizehunter, but given that the mod creator is already struggling with the bugs (and the last update being half a year old), the best alternative solution would be releasing all preys when the summon timer is up.

I agree. Also I released an update. So that's cool. Fixed a couple of the many bugs plaguing this spaghetti-code mess of a mod. Added some new stuff.
blackrock215
New to the forum

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.3.2) 7/12

Postby JustaLurkingPony » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:51 am

An update, wooooooooo!

Now if only I was at home at the moment :'(
JustaLurkingPony
Somewhat familiar

Re: CHOWDER: The POWDER roguelike mod (0.3.2) 7/12

Postby Zeldazackman » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:45 am

The download link locally hosted on aryion for it is not working anymore sadly enough.
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game