Going to work into a game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Going to work into a game

Postby eduar12 » Mon May 02, 2016 5:09 pm

So this is basically for the ones who are interested after some time I decided to make a Vore/WG text game on QUEST so if somebody is interested and want to share some ideas of what to add feel free to share them with me
eduar12
New to the forum

Re: Going to work into a game

Postby zelphi » Mon May 02, 2016 7:12 pm

oh sounds cool what program is QUEST ?
hi i'm Yuki Mizuki.
zelphi
???

Postby Skittles209 » Mon May 02, 2016 9:04 pm

To save everyone the effect of looking it up.

http://textadventures.co.uk/quest
Skittles209
Participator

Postby zelphi » Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 am

thank you Skittles
hi i'm Yuki Mizuki.
zelphi
???

Postby SaintxTail » Tue May 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Oh Quest looks neat.
Find out how to support me at SaintxTail.com
SaintxTail
Somewhat familiar

Postby 9kirby99 » Sat May 28, 2016 11:32 am

Hmm, some fun things could be...

- Ability to chose between pred, prey, switch (Can be used to filter characters you encounter/how you can encounter them)
- Ability to chose gender
- For preds/switches, a weight meter or something so character will be gaining weight.
- Willing and unwilling options.
- Fatal, Endo, reforming options (Not limited to one per encountered character if possible).
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=35468 Hope to RP with you! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
9kirby99
Heavy user

Location: It's pink...wet...and gurgly...that could be anyone.

Postby ian66613 » Sun May 29, 2016 3:10 pm

My signature has a lot of stuff I enjoy. And I agree, some of us only want to be prey.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby Tomo » Tue May 31, 2016 8:56 am

I'm going to be a bit of a cynical asshole here, but I've see these threads pop-up way to often and I need to vent off.

I understand that the purpose of this thread is to gauge what kind of Vore type, gameplay, ideas (plot & scenarios) and content people wants to see in vore games. Again, there is nothing wrong with that. However, you're presenting this in such carefree manner that it's hard to take it seriously.

First glance at the topic title makes it hard to believe that you'll provide decent writing. Yeah, English might not be your native tongue but you're going to need proper spelling to write good fiction. Yes, it's probably just a minor error you made in the title and same goes for lack of comma in your thread post. But alas, I'm attacking something which can be moderately easy to fix with just a simple spell checker. (Note, spell checker doesn't fix broken sentences or makes bad writing good.)

Yet in this thread, you're only saying you've decided to make a text adventure game which focuses on vore in QUEST.
Great! What else? You provide nothing more, no preferences, limits, boundaries etc.. You're even asking people to share their vore idea which makes it look like you need their ideas, which isn't particular bad as it's very obvious that it's what you want. But if you can't come up with ideas, story or anything yourself(I'm doubting you because you haven't provided anything to prove that you have anything) then chances are this is "Just another first-timer who wants to make a game" and will never be heard from again.

Now, I'm not trying to discourage you to make a game as i, we want you to succeed as that's great for all us vore fans.
But if you want to actually have a chance at finishing a game, you'll need to plan ahead and do something else then just randomly ask for ideas.
I might be judging you harder then I should, because again, I know nothing of what you have or want.

Before i get attacked with the argument; "Why don't YOU try to make a game? And see how hard it can be."
I know exactly how hard it can be, I've all ready made 2-3 incomplete games just to test the waters of the softwares. The point here is just that I'm not posting about it or announcing it before I have something substantial.

If you really want to make a vore game Eduar then QUEST is a great program, but it's restricted to it's software.
I would recommend Twine if you're just going for text adventure, as it's easy for anyone to play and has CSS and JavaScript available for more advanced 'game making'. Planning ahead is the key, the more you plan the higher chance of success you'll have and last but not least, get your own ideas. Game making is VERY TEDIOUS, so it's very, VERY important that you have good self-interest and motivation in the game otherwise you'll get bored before anything substantial comes out of it and others idea will most likely not satisfy you.

I wish you the best of luck with your game.
Tomo
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firon » Tue May 31, 2016 9:20 am

it also might be an idea to stop taking ideas once you've got enough....seriously you do not want to fall into that trap of feature creep which has killed the drive for so much vore game developers already

get your ideas and roll with them....and outright deny any and all future ones
Firon
---

Postby darkdino » Tue May 31, 2016 9:21 am

Woah...
darkdino
Somewhat familiar

Postby vintious » Tue May 31, 2016 3:12 pm

Firon wrote:it also might be an idea to stop taking ideas once you've got enough....seriously you do not want to fall into that trap of feature creep which has killed the drive for so much vore game developers already
In my observations, it's typically that early devs don't understand scaling well enough and jump right into making a large project that appeals to a variety of players, instead of making a prototype, then making a few small-scale games to test mechanics before jumping into the ever-scaling type of games. Motivation can be hard to come by enough, having a few completed games even if they're tiny and worthless will help compared to having one mega-game with 1001 placeholder events.

Please just use Twine. No one needs more games that require propeitary software.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game