A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

What extra feature would you want the most in the game?

A. Minigames
24%
B. Boss Rush Mode
9%
C. A Special Area for Completionists
13%
D. Hidden Bosses (Think of Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts)
27%
F. Specialized Music
4%
G. Dank Memes
19%
H. Jumpscares
5%

Total votes : 147

A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Postby Slate » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:32 pm

Edit #3: Here is the title screen I came up with!

A_Bitter_Journey.png

Usually in video games, you are fighting against the major power in the land, whether that be an entire country or just a single person. You have to go against all odds and beat that major power, and you grow in strength along the way. This is not one of those games, or at least it won't be. What do I mean by this? Well, have you ever wondered what it is like to have such tremendous power that you have to be extra careful with how you act, lest you be branded a villain?

Enter William Slate, a mage from the human kingdom in a fragmented world known as "TriTerra". He isn't a bad guy, but due to his ownership a very powerful artifact, he is immensely powerful. He has set his sights on someone from his past, and is going on a world wide journey to find them. Why go on such a quest? Well, if he wants to be able to control his powers and not cause others pain, he is going to confront his past and get his emotions off of his chest.

So that is the basic plot premise without spoiling anything too badly. "Now what does this game have to offer me?" you may ask. Well, there are going to be various things that I want to get in by the final release, and those are listed below. I also have a list of game features I hope to implement, so check that out as well.

Planned Features:
-Retribution. Ever wanted to get revenge on a predator that has digested you? That is the idea behind this.
-World Wide Collectibles. These will open up some things in a special area, and might give you some special goodies if you find all of a certain type.
-A Good Story. Don't really have to explain this.
-Side Quests. What rpg would be complete without side quests?
-Guilds. I have about 3 or 4 thought of at this moment.
-Multiple Endings. This is intertwined with the 'Disposition' listing
-A Real Disposition. The way you handle your problems will dictate how the world looks at you, how you look at the world, and other bits and pieces I can't reveal.
-Humor. I could be hit and miss, but I figured I would try with some humor.
EDIT #4: -Merchant System. With each update I make, I will give the various merchants of the world different deals on their products. Things such as potions could be lower priced in one update, while they could be entirely absent from others. That is only an example, but I think this could be a fairly cool idea.

Fetishes:
Oral Vore
Unbirth
Transformation
Anthros (If I can get the sprites)
M/F, M/M, F/M
Digestion
Scat (Will allow it to be turned off)
Endo
Non-Fatal
Soft and Hard
Micro/Macro (I will probably only make one, but you never know)
Willing (Not the Player character though)
Unwilling
Maybe Hypnosis; not sure about this one

If I can think of anything I missed, I will add it to the list. I am primarily a writer, so that is where I will try to make the game shine the most. I would love to hear what you all have to say.

Sincerely, Slate

Edit #1: I forgot. Here is a screenshot of the main hub as of now.
Spoiler: show
Screenshot (1).jpg
This is a large world, and will have much depth to it.
Screenshot (1).jpg (42.68 KiB) Viewed 11436 times

Edit#2: Here are some more screenshots of the game.
Screenshot (1).jpg
Almost all the items you see in the game will be able to be interacted with in some way.

Screenshot (2).jpg
Speaking to people can help you in many ways, some of which aren't immediately known
Last edited by Slate on Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Re: A Bitter Journey (Discussion For Now)

Postby jyoster » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:57 pm

Very interesting... Will have to keep an eye on this... :-D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dukinu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:58 am

It looks interesting so I think I'll keep an eye on this
Dukinu
Been posting for a bit

Postby AMCJavelin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:52 pm

I'll keep a look out on this
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Slate » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:47 pm

Alright, a poll is up for this. Hope you are all satisfied with the choices.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:28 am

jyoster wrote:Very interesting... Will have to keep an eye on this... :-D

Dukinu wrote:It looks interesting so I think I'll keep an eye on this

AMCJavelin wrote:I'll keep a look out on this

Yay! I am glad this has piqued all your interests. As for an update to this, lets say I am about 55-60% done with a playable demo. I am currently writing the vore for the demo, tuning the enemies and encounters, thinking up some banter, and just stuff to fill the demo out in a nice way. Looking at the poll as it stands right now, It seems I am going to have to start thinking up something creative for a minigame. Of course, I am not going to say anything is set in stone until I close the poll in about 2 weeks. Alright everyone, thanks for checking back on this, and do ask any questions you may have. It would be my pleasure to answer them.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Belly4U » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:32 pm

I'm actually curious on how the whole disposition thing is going to turn out. =o I really like the idea of alternate paths/views on the world, depending on your overall actions within the game...makes it feel like your actions does count for something, which I don't get to see a lot of in games. ^^;

Although, I have to ask, how this overall disposition thing going to work? Like for instance, if you decide to go down a more darker path, such as getting revenge on predators, are stuff like shops and other places going to be closed off to you and you have to look elsewhere to get things? =o Are people going to look and treat you differently, if you do decide to go on a darker path, as in predators may not be looking to make you their lunch? Just curious...sorry if it's a dumb question. .~.;

Anywho, I'm gladly going to say that I'm interested in how this will turn out! ^w^
Belly4U
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slate » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:14 pm

Belly4U wrote:I'm actually curious on how the whole disposition thing is going to turn out. =o I really like the idea of alternate paths/views on the world, depending on your overall actions within the game...makes it feel like your actions does count for something, which I don't get to see a lot of in games. ^^;

Although, I have to ask, how this overall disposition thing going to work? Like for instance, if you decide to go down a more darker path, such as getting revenge on predators, are stuff like shops and other places going to be closed off to you and you have to look elsewhere to get things? =o Are people going to look and treat you differently, if you do decide to go on a darker path, as in predators may not be looking to make you their lunch? Just curious...sorry if it's a dumb question. .~.;

Anywho, I'm gladly going to say that I'm interested in how this will turn out! ^w^

No, it isn't a dumb question! You have got the right sort of idea right now, and to prove that, I will give you two examples of what I have in store for this mechanic.

Here is some dialogue (Not actually in the game, more of an example) of the differing views.
Good: The store keeper looks at you as you come in through the door. They flash a glad smile at the prospect of having a customer and ask you what you would like to buy. You tell them that you don't need anything at the moment, and they shrug their shoulders. "Oh well," they say in acceptance of your decision, "maybe next time." You nod and give them a grin. "You know it!"

Bad: The store keeper looks at you as you come in through the door. They don't change their expression very much, though a bit of a frown comes into view. When you come up to the counter, they ask you in an all business-no nonsense sort of tone, "So, what do you want to buy?". You shrug and say you didn't really plan on buying anything. Their already questionable expression is made angrier. "If you aren't going to buy anything," they say as they point to the door, "then get out of my store!" You stroll out of the door with an irritated expression. "What an ass." you comment under your breath. It is alright though. You don't need anyone else. They can all go burn for all you care, because you can take care of yourself better than any of them ever could.

That was a bit exaggerated to convey the feel. It won't be as obvious in the game, and will be more subtle.

One more example is the Vigilant's guild. They are basically monster racists, and want to lynch any monster or monster person they can get their mitts on. You are offered a spot in their guild. If you are good, you will reject it without any thought needed. If you are a bit more evil, you will be given a choice. If you are full evil, you will join without any consideration. Both sides of the coin will have their own benefits and consequences.

Hopefully that explained it a bit more. Thanks for the question! :-D
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Belly4U » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:30 pm

Slate wrote:No, it isn't a dumb question! You have got the right sort of idea right now, and to prove that, I will give you two examples of what I have in store for this mechanic.

Here is some dialogue (Not actually in the game, more of an example) of the differing views.
Good: The store keeper looks at you as you come in through the door. They flash a glad smile at the prospect of having a customer and ask you what you would like to buy. You tell them that you don't need anything at the moment, and they shrug their shoulders. "Oh well," they say in acceptance of your decision, "maybe next time." You nod and give them a grin. "You know it!"

Bad: The store keeper looks at you as you come in through the door. They don't change their expression very much, though a bit of a frown comes into view. When you come up to the counter, they ask you in an all business-no nonsense sort of tone, "So, what do you want to buy?". You shrug and say you didn't really plan on buying anything. Their already questionable expression is made angrier. "If you aren't going to buy anything," they say as they point to the door, "then get out of my store!" You stroll out of the door with an irritated expression. "What an ass." you comment under your breath. It is alright though. You don't need anyone else. They can all go burn for all you care, because you can take care of yourself better than any of them ever could.

That was a bit exaggerated to convey the feel. It won't be as obvious in the game, and will be more subtle.

One more example is the Vigilant's guild. They are basically monster racists, and want to lynch any monster or monster person they can get their mitts on. You are offered a spot in their guild. If you are good, you will reject it without any thought needed. If you are a bit more evil, you will be given a choice. If you are full evil, you will join without any consideration. Both sides of the coin will have their own benefits and consequences.

Well, seeing as you have a good grasp on how this could all play out, I thought it would be a stupid question in your eyes...but I'm glad it wasn't. X3

And yeah, you explained it quite well! =D Those were some pretty interesting examples that you gave here. =o With the shop keeper telling you to leave in an angry manner, and then the main character (or you) saying and thinking such stuff does make one feel like a true monster and an actual influence on the characters inside the game! >w< I also like the example of the guild you gave...although, now I have a question about that. =p Do you plan on still giving the choice to reject the offer, even if you're full on evil? =o You know...kind of stray off from the full dark side? ^^; Although, I'm fine if you decide to force it against the player...I kind of like the idea behind it, especially in the neutral path...that will really create some tension from the question of "Are the benefits worth the consequences?". XD

Also, another question... will you be shown how exactly evil you are? =o Like some sort of bar that shows just how much evil/good you are during the story? Or maybe just slyly hide it from the player...like some sort of fortune teller that says different quotes depending on how much good or bad that you've done...at a price, of course. =p Gah...I realize I may be getting too much into this and thinking of too much stuff! Xp Sorry if I am, just really curious how this will turn out, and I feel like this could have a lot of potential! =o
Belly4U
Been posting for a bit

Postby Squidpad » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:49 pm

Will the player be able to vore others, or are they just prey?
Squidpad
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Belly4U wrote:
Slate wrote:No, it isn't a dumb question! You have got the right sort of idea right now, and to prove that, I will give you two examples of what I have in store for this mechanic.

Well, seeing as you have a good grasp on how this could all play out, I thought it would be a stupid question in your eyes...but I'm glad it wasn't. X3

And yeah, you explained it quite well! =D Those were some pretty interesting examples that you gave here. =o With the shop keeper telling you to leave in an angry manner, and then the main character (or you) saying and thinking such stuff does make one feel like a true monster and an actual influence on the characters inside the game! >w< I also like the example of the guild you gave...although, now I have a question about that. =p Do you plan on still giving the choice to reject the offer, even if you're full on evil? =o You know...kind of stray off from the full dark side? ^^; Although, I'm fine if you decide to force it against the player...I kind of like the idea behind it, especially in the neutral path...that will really create some tension from the question of "Are the benefits worth the consequences?". XD

Also, another question... will you be shown how exactly evil you are? =o Like some sort of bar that shows just how much evil/good you are during the story? Or maybe just slyly hide it from the player...like some sort of fortune teller that says different quotes depending on how much good or bad that you've done...at a price, of course. =p Gah...I realize I may be getting too much into this and thinking of too much stuff! Xp Sorry if I am, just really curious how this will turn out, and I feel like this could have a lot of potential! =o

For your first question, it will be a forced action, though the player will be able to leave. That way, their actions are still on them. As for your other question, you will not have a visual representation of your morals. If I were to do that, which I can't because that would just be a whole slew of work, it would take away a part of the realism for the character. Many of the most evil people in history didn't look on their actions as evil. You will however, be able to see just how vile you have become at many points.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:12 pm

CaptainCow16 wrote:Will the player be able to vore others, or are they just prey?

That is a tougher question to answer without any Spoilers, so I will just say it will be possible because of certain scenarios.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:21 am

Okay, quick update. I have two vore scenes finished with one/two left to go. I am in the process of making the first guild and am fleshing out some of the fights. I would like to know something from y'all though. Do you want the entire first segment done and ready to play, or would you rather have a 'proof of concept' demo? Obviously the latter will mean an earlier release date, but I figured I would ask what would work with for everyone first.

Also, did not expect the dank memes poll option to have as many votes as it does.
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Maexam2 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Hmmm... I'll keep an eye on this one.
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby cloud1570 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:33 pm

hmm, i think a proof of concept demo is what i'd go for, though either option sound good to me. Morality stuff looks like it'll be fun ^^
cloud1570
Been posting for a bit

Postby Slate » Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:27 pm

I am going to be going on a camping trip, so progress will slow down a bit, what with being in the outdoors and away from most electronics and all that jazz. I am getting closer to releasing a demo day by day, so if there is anything you would like to see in it, let me know so that I can see what I can do when I return. Anyway, that is all I have to say for now on this update, so cheers. :)
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Got back from the trip. Nobody really said anything else about what they wanted to see in the demo, so I will just chug on along as I had been. Do tell me any questions or concerns you all may have. Okay, that is about it for this update, so I will be back with some progress next time!
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Postby jyoster » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:21 pm

Slate wrote:Got back from the trip. Nobody really said anything else about what they wanted to see in the demo, so I will just chug on along as I had been. Do tell me any questions or concerns you all may have. Okay, that is about it for this update, so I will be back with some progress next time!

Howdy, so I got a question. With the progress on it, when do you think the demo will be ready?

And I know you just got back, I'm aware of that. Just out of curiosity; if you don't have an answer, that's fine. Anyways, with that, have a nice day. :-D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby jyoster » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:26 pm

This is just in... I got another question! :roll: And yes, it's about the demo ( and possibly the full game) that I want to know. So here it is:

What kind of creatures can we expect to see? And will we be able to ally with some of them?

That's all for now, have a nice day. :-D
jyoster
Somewhat familiar

Postby Slate » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:08 pm

jyoster wrote:This is just in... I got another question! :roll: And yes, it's about the demo ( and possibly the full game) that I want to know. So here it is:

What kind of creatures can we expect to see? And will we be able to ally with some of them?

That's all for now, have a nice day. :-D

*Straightens Up Papers* For the demo, you won't be seeing very many abnormal creatures, but that is due to the starting position in the world. There are going to be three main areas in the world, two of which will have substantial monster population.

Currently, I have plans to include slimes, centaurs, skeletons, lamias (or nagas; whatever name you prefer), zombies, evil plants, dragons, a single neko, harpies, and faeries. I probably forgot a lot because I do that sometimes, but yeah, pretty diverse crowd so far. And of course some of the creatures can be ally-able. It is always good to have friends, so why limit it to people? Working on making the first ally that falls under one of those creature categories by the way, so keep an eye out for her in the demo. Hope this answered your question!
Slate
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game