Minecraft Vore Mod (Stopped - Close Please)

Are you looking for a place to post your work, hoping to receive comments, suggestions and criticisms? If so, this forum is for you! Showcase your stories, drawings, animations, and anything else you have created here. You can even upload your files directly to our site! Note: Everyone is free to share opinions of anything here. If you can't handle criticism, refrain from posting here!
Forum rules
This section is for any artist, writer, animator, or any form of creation to share their work in order to receive comment to improve themselves better.

Read the rules in detail here

Read the Critiquing suggestion here

Please open only one thread per person. Detail here.

Re: Minecraft Vore Mod (In Progress)

Postby Firon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:00 am

I know a number of people that'd like to see an unbirth version.....I suppose once the groundwork is placed I'm sure someone could make an unbirth one
Firon
---

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 am

The only real difference between vore and UB is the fact you don't die from UB. Perhaps I could make a version with Mika taking you to the womb realm. It'll just be a slightly different shade and the acid won't be there, like the stomach realm, and it'll be peaceful too.

If I wanted to be really cheap, I'd make a mob or something that acts as a bed, but with a pinkish fade instead of black. That would actually be pretty easy to make. It'll also be a way to skip day-night and night-day. Would you want something like that as well? A mob or mob shaped block to use as a bed? It's roughly the same as the vore Mika will have with screen effects. The womb realm would come after the stomach realm since it's just a slight adjustment. The biggest thing for either realm is spawning it and having portals in and out.
warioeagle
???

Postby xega888 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:22 am

in the current mod she drops more pokeballs when killed. i now have an army of them! :lol:
xega888
???

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:29 am

I did say it was a range of 0-2 like most mob drops. I need to check how the sheep are done and work that method into her item drop.
warioeagle
???

Postby Firon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:48 am

warioeagle wrote:The only real difference between vore and UB is the fact you don't die from UB. Perhaps I could make a version with Mika taking you to the womb realm. It'll just be a slightly different shade and the acid won't be there, like the stomach realm, and it'll be peaceful too.

If I wanted to be really cheap, I'd make a mob or something that acts as a bed, but with a pinkish fade instead of black. That would actually be pretty easy to make. It'll also be a way to skip day-night and night-day. Would you want something like that as well? A mob or mob shaped block to use as a bed? It's roughly the same as the vore Mika will have with screen effects. The womb realm would come after the stomach realm since it's just a slight adjustment. The biggest thing for either realm is spawning it and having portals in and out.

do what you need to before considering suggestions.....I mean it's nice that you are considering it....but I know too well the risks of piling ideas onto someone just starting out on a project

do the vore stuff first....do anything else after you've finished what you set out to do.........consider them...expansions
Firon
---

Postby Noctivagus » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 am

Modloader
Yes
Yes
I say go for it if you want.
Noctivagus
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby warioeagle » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:41 pm

I fixed a few things now. Mika will drop one pokeball guaranteed. I have made her into a special spawn. She will now spawn if a wolf dies by fire. It should also work with lava, but unfortunately my tests aren't showing that it will. This doesn't work with my current method. I may just need to make a new wolf that will spawn her, but acts like normal wolves otherwise.

I would also like to mention my twitter feed. I just started it for the sake of keeping you guys up to date on small progresses I make. I may also mention the release there first, so check it out and you may get the first release of future releases. It's under my Minecraft name, not the name I use on the forum. http://twitter.com/gamingwolf13
warioeagle
???

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't know if double posting in my own creation's thread is against the rules or not, but I wanted to bump the topic to ask a question. If it is against the rules, I won't do it again. I don't know if there's an exception for the creation threads or if it's okay after a few days (or just one in this case).

I would like to ask if an artist could make a fox animal skin for me based off the normal wolf. You can do the angry version and tamed version as well if you want them in the mod. It's also possible to create a skin based on biome if the artist wants them to be different in each biome. It really doesn't matter to me since it's a matter of keeping or deleting the original wolf coding.

Reason why I want the fox skin is because I can't edit the default wolves and keep it a ModLoader mod, so I want to make a fox that will spawn Mika if it's killed while on fire. As I said, I'll program angry and tamed versions of the fox if I get the art or try to make different biomes spawn with different skins if the artist wants to go that route. I'm not good at drawing, so I'm counting on someone to help me out here.
warioeagle
???

Postby Froggy » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:30 pm

I can work on the fox skin...
Froggy
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Great. Just one question for you though. Which version are you doing to do: a single fox (just be like normal animals), tamed and angry versions (normal wolf), or biome specific (not sure if it's doable, but I can try or make multiple mobs to have one in each biome)?

A more important question I just thought of: Do you need the wolf skin to look at or any skin for that matter?
warioeagle
???

Postby Kiutogi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:27 pm

I am going to wait for you to finish this mod before trying and giving my feedback. Since you are most likely going to have to update it to run on 1.8.
I just wanted to make sure that installing this mod is the same as other mods, by opening the source file and putting the mob files in the Minecraft.jar file?
I just want to make sure I do it right before messing with my file coding.
No sig here. Nope. Quit looking. There is nothing here! O.O
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:36 pm

For Modloader mods, you only need to install ModLoader that way. Once that's in your minecraft.jar, you can just go to .minecraft (main Minecraft folder with the exe and all the folders) and have a folder called "mods" (no quotes). Anyway ModLoader mod can be placed into the mods folder and work fine. Depending on the mods you use, you may already have this folder as some mods outside of ModLoader will save files there such as settings of the mod.

Has it been announced when 1.8 is coming out? Last time I made a mod, I had to go through an update phase (bug fixes and tiny updates) and ended up losing a good portion of the mod from trying to constantly update. I did learn to just wait a few days so all the bug fixes happen before updating again though.
warioeagle
???

Postby Kiutogi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:39 pm

warioeagle wrote:For Modloader mods, you only need to install ModLoader that way. Once that's in your minecraft.jar, you can just go to .minecraft (main Minecraft folder with the exe and all the folders) and have a folder called "mods" (no quotes). Anyway ModLoader mod can be placed into the mods folder and work fine. Depending on the mods you use, you may already have this folder as some mods outside of ModLoader will save files there such as settings of the mod.

Has it been announced when 1.8 is coming out? Last time I made a mod, I had to go through an update phase (bug fixes and tiny updates) and ended up losing a good portion of the mod from trying to constantly update. I did learn to just wait a few days so all the bug fixes happen before updating again though.

Ok, I was just asking cause when I installed the aether mod, I had to put it in the source code directly.
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:56 pm

Well, I just took a look at the files and I know why the Aether mod requires that. They edited at least one original file from what I saw. Most single or double letter class files are the originals re-encoded the way they should be. If I were to edit the original wolves like I planned, then my mod would be the same way, which is the reason for the new fox mob.

However, you gave me an idea for helping with the stomach realm and possibly adding achievements. I can use their mod as an example and trial and error my way through. Making new realms and adding achievements isn't in any tutorials, so any little bit of reference helps.
warioeagle
???

Postby Kiutogi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:16 pm

I wouldn't know with the references, you might have to ask those aether guys about that one.
But I am glad that I gave you the idea you needed that might make it more interactive, Good luck and may your codes run unbugged.
Kiutogi
Somewhat familiar

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks. I'm having some problems with the screen effects though. I can't find where they are for the original game (water/lava, sleeping, or portal), so I'm not sure how they work exactly. If I can't figure them out by the time I get the fox skins, I may skip ahead to working on the stomach realm.
warioeagle
???

Postby eatmeplease » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Unfortunately, this conflicts with the Pokeball mod.
eatmeplease
---

Postby warioeagle » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:38 pm

That's likely from the pokeball item I'm using. Most likely the name or possibly the item number. Once I add the special foxes, that item will be removed/replaced with something else. I'm not sure what yet, but I'll make a different drop for the foxes/Mika.
warioeagle
???

Postby eatmeplease » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 pm

warioeagle wrote:That's likely from the pokeball item I'm using. Most likely the name or possibly the item number. Once I add the special foxes, that item will be removed/replaced with something else. I'm not sure what yet, but I'll make a different drop for the foxes/Mika.

OK, thanks!
eatmeplease
---

Postby warioeagle » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Good news! The next release of the mod should be soon. I'm just waiting on some art, need to code the new item, and code the fox's behavior and natural spawning. Everything else is set. I still need the fox skin/skins, depending on what the artist wants to do, the item drop (again leaving up to the artist), and something to replace the portal swirling effect with that will resemble being eaten.

This release of the mod will include natural foxes that spawn Mika if killed by fire and Mika will capture you, swirly effects to resemble being eaten, and lastly instant death if she's not killed or knocked away before the effect finishes.

Next release will include the beginning of the stomach realm. Seeing as how I can use Mika's code to work as a portal as well, the only real hard part of it is getting the realm to generate much like the Nether does. I've done mobs and items already, so adding the blocks and fluids may also be difficult. This version will take much longer and will have more releases for bug testing.
warioeagle
???

PreviousNext

Return to Work to be shared!