Is the Disturbedthings forum gone?

Keep our community informed! This forum is for discussing and sharing vore-related information. Post any relevant material and/or links here, and engage in conversations!
Forum rules
This is for general discussion, if you found something you want to post, please use one of the upload forum, if you made something and want to share them, please use the work to be shared forum!

Re: Is the Disturbedthings forum gone?

Postby Recruit1102 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:11 am

so in short, we all be patient (as hard as it is).
great
Recruit1102
New to the forum

Postby Deletedn4388stg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:28 am

Is there any update from Doc or Flipper?

I am worried...I LOVE WE vore, and Disturbedthings has been my #1 stop since it was disturbingthings.

I reply hope it comes back, it has been an amazing meeting place for the best /f vore artists on the web.

I hope we hear something soon
Deletedn4388stg
Participator

Postby obscurus » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:21 am

Eka has suggested giving help till DT admins find a new hoster:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=30858
obscurus
New to the forum

Postby Recruit1102 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:45 am

Seems like something might actually be off with Doc and/or Flipper? Usually the downtime is a week.
Shame, I got this really cool story in the works...
Recruit1102
New to the forum

Postby Toad » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:18 pm

obscurus wrote:Disturbedthings down april 8th 2012.
Looks like the WoWBB server has moved to Data1, using UltraBB server.
Is there a technical backup issue or something more strategic?
Best wishes,
Obscurus.

I think Obscurus has hit the nail on the head here, it's most likely a technical issue with this new server and as we know Doc and Flipper are busy people. I seem to recall reading something about this change on DT, but can't recall any details. In any case it's not the same as previous outages.

I also think that the fact it says "suspended" rather than "deleted" or "cancelled", etc, is a hopeful sign and it's just a matter of time until it gets sorted out.
Toad
New to the forum

Postby Eka » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:47 pm

In general, suspension like this mean that 1) The server run out of allocated bandwidth, or CPU. These could be a result of simple usage, new term come in effect, or some kinda DDoS attack. 2) It could also mean that they broke some rule, and are unavailable for contact when the Service provider trying to contact them.

The timing seem unlikely to be the former, because it happened at the beginning of the mouth. Where Bandwidth use or CPU use reset. It is most likely that they simply have not contacted the service provider to see what they wanted.

In my opinion though, if the whole team are too busy to at least give an idea what is wrong for three weeks... the team might not be entirely suitable for running a site. But that is just me!

Either way I did mention setting up something temporary but I would ( and I think everyone else should ) have their blessing first before going on with it.
Eka
Administrator

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:12 am

Eka wrote:In my opinion though, if the whole team are too busy to at least give an idea what is wrong for three weeks... the team might not be entirely suitable for running a site. But that is just me!

I agree entirely.
Dry Erase Kitty- where else can you find feline zombie computer viruses and inbred demon kittens?
http://dryerasekitty.thecomicseries.com/comics/
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby dragonlover81 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:41 pm

Since apparently no one has heard anything from them, I am guessing that they either gave up on the site or something is preventing them from communicating with the rest of us. I am not part of the inner circle, so I would not expect to have heard from them personally, but I presume they would have contacted someone.
dragonlover81
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cuthla » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:59 pm

mostly right now, it's waiting on Psychoboy07 to let us know what's going on, as he's been the main contact with the DT staff. so till we hear from him, it's a waiting game.
oh... and thanks Eka. for those of us that don't have a home with DT down and being cool enough to let us come here. I already had a summer home here. but DT was my main spot to go.
so yeah... thanks. :)
Cuthla
New to the forum

Postby Evilseed » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:37 pm

site appears to be back up... though of course there's no new material yet since it's been down for a month
"You humans have gorged yourselves on plant life for eons, but no more! Time to even the score."
Evilseed
Participator

Postby obscurus » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 pm

DT forum has reopened doors this morning.

Hear you Goths --> http://www.disturbedthings.com/forum1/13627.html

Friendly, Obscurus.
obscurus
New to the forum

Postby mutt43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 pm

yeah just got back on there in a long long time

yeah yeah yeah yeah
my website: http://cmwalters.deviantart.com

C.M. Walters short stories
mutt43
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deletedn4388stg » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:59 am

Wooooo hoooooo!!!
Deletedn4388stg
Participator

Postby siforce » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:16 pm

That's fantastic news. Also a big thanks to Eka's for having this fourum to meet on and talk to the other members wile the DT site was down.
I'll still visit Eka's as well now
siforce
New to the forum

Postby Baz » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 pm

I can't get onto DT. Been waiting over a year for the verification e-mail and can't get a new one sent
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Previous

Return to General Vore Discussion