Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/07/12]

Postby Jacobtheespeon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:16 pm

oh wait nvm... apparently I have to hold down control every time I do something >.> ... that'll probably fixed when they get the program version instead of browser version
Jacobtheespeon
Participator

Postby Chaotic » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:24 pm

You'd probably be better off editing just one post instead of posting three in quick succession.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:00 pm

vintious wrote:I bet you can't wait for when you have to do this all over again when the game is actually released and not just a demo, then get one of your characters dead and go through all the trouble yet again.

Well, you win some and you lose some. But honestly, it's kinda fun doing that. Reminds me of Kingdom Hearts and whooping the asses of so many enemies just trying to get a certain material. Long? Yes. Tedious? Yes. But I still like doing it because I find it fun.
When it comes to most bosses, thank god for obvious, glowing weak spots.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kiyoa » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:53 am

Can't play it. The blasted game gives me a couple errors and hangs on loading for me. Blast. Maybe it's a thing with OpenJDK. Regardless, the game trips a security issue and fails to work.

Security issue?

Error:java.security.AccessControlException: access denied("java.awt.AWTPermission" "accessEvent Queue")

Yeah. Probably not really a thing, but...
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Re: Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Postby Chaotic » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:14 am

UPDATE: 07/13/12
-New stage: 1-3
-New enemy: Worm - Can shoot projectiles in a spread pattern. If a character is incapacitated it will suck them towards itself, devouring them once they're close. Of course physically running into the worm will also likely result in your character getting devoured.
-New items: There probably are some. So far I've only seen flan, which seems to restore a decent amount of health. I haven't tested it fully so it migh have some other effects I'm not aware of.
-Stage 1-2 modified to be easier: According to D-gate this was part of the update. So far it looks like enemy placement has changed to make some platforming bits easier.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 am

The worms swallowed animation could do with having a bigger bulge. Just seems too small for what it just swallowed.
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 am

Hmm, there doesn't seem to be any notable secrets here. Well except for that little crevice in the caves that leads to a hidden slug collectable and a HP up. Also seems to be a good level to farm since the upgrades will always be in the same place each time you visit the stage. By the way, the flan isn't just a big health item, it is a heal-all party item, meaning it will restore everyone's health to 100%, no matter what condition they're in. Well, except if they're dead.

There seems to be at least one new item that is put in every time the game is progressed another stage. Maybe in future updates, there will be more items, like say a pickup item that will bring back a party member to life, or an upgrade pickup that will increase your defense against enemy attacks. For instance, like how in the HUD there is a heart next to the health meter, maybe the 1st defense level will be the red heart that's there now, then the next will be green, and then the last level will be a blue heart. Just thinking out loud about new items here.

Also, in the passing section that has the big open space and the lamias for enemies, it feels like there is something on the top of the cliffs on both sides. Maybe there will be a character that can fly around or something in the future, I don't know. Also, I found out that you can ditch your party members while passing to the next screen. You can let them be captured, eaten, or leave them in the "downed" status, and just pass to the next section. They die, of course, seeing as how you can't backtrack, and the enemies are pretty easy, so in hindsight, this "strategy" seems pretty stupid... and yet funny at the same time.
One of your teammates will be like: "Help, this slime has got me! It's gonna eat me! HELP, DAMMIT!"
And you as the other character will be like: "...Nah."
Yeah, that would be funny...
...Ok, I think I'm done talking about that...
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby foxyumbreon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:13 pm

Definately looks like it has promise, and I like how I don't have to go through downloading the game to play it. I hope it remains that way as it progresses.
foxyumbreon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SputnikDX » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:25 pm

VirtuosoViking wrote:like say a pickup item that will bring back a party member to life, .

There's already something like that. In the second stage, on the next screen after you find the cyborg girl, there's a tiny cat hidden on that screen. If you can find it, you keep it in your inventory FOREVER, and it can be used to restore a downed (not dead) party member to maximum life.
SputnikDX
Participator

Postby VirtuosoViking » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:29 pm

SputnikDX wrote:There's already something like that. In the second stage, on the next screen after you find the cyborg girl, there's a tiny cat hidden on that screen. If you can find it, you keep it in your inventory FOREVER, and it can be used to restore a downed (not dead) party member to maximum life.

I know, I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts. I meant an item that if one of your party members dies, then it would bring that character back to life. Like maybe it will bring them back with half of their red heath, that way, there could still be a challenge, but you still have a chance to bring that party member back in the fight without having to wait for the mid checkpoint.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

-

Postby NAC » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm

---
Last edited by NAC on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAC
Been posting for a bit

Postby Pinhead2212 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:40 pm

Is there anyway do DL this game?
Pinhead2212
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Pinhead2212 wrote:Is there anyway do DL this game?
A direct way?
No.
The only way to get this game to work on your hard drive, is to download all required files individually.

I have a download for the current version, hope it work for all (it worked fine for me, after i got all files).
http://www.mediafire.com/?n49ttaqtin1j381
password: d-gate
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pinhead2212 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:41 pm

So once I dl this I'll be good?
Pinhead2212
Participator

Postby Lawrence Craft » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:52 pm

This only has the current progress of the game.
When Asimofu/Camel/D-gate release a new update on this game, then there will be a new download of the files (or at least some of them) required.
The files do not update itself after all, this would be too easy. :D
Spoiler: show
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:34 pm

There seems to have been another update, but so far I cannot discern what has changed. Likely just a fix to the worm suction bug where if it is killed whlie sucking a downed girl towards it, the girl will continue to move in the direction the worm was in.
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaotic » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:05 pm

Evil_Lord_Proteus wrote:There seems to have been another update, but so far I cannot discern what has changed. Likely just a fix to the worm suction bug where if it is killed whlie sucking a downed girl towards it, the girl will continue to move in the direction the worm was in.

Yup. Mostly just bug fixes. I think he might have also modified the LVL 3 power ups so that Millia isn't as overpowered. I have yet to really test it out.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

-

Postby NAC » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 pm

---
Last edited by NAC on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NAC
Been posting for a bit

Postby VirtuosoViking » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:38 pm

NAC wrote:The third girl... well, I don't find her that useful, with level 2/3 Milia to cover the odd angles, the homing attack doesn't seem particularly good, it doesn't help that getting it to work how you want it to can be sort of finicky, and the super armor bonus isn't that useful when you consider the other gameplay mechanics and characters you have.

TGO-03(the cyborg-girl), when she is at level 3, has the most power of the three current characters. Sachiho's(the wolf-girl) level 3 attacks are slightly weaker. Say you're attacking a slime for instance. TGO-03 can take it out in two hits. Sachiho does it in 3. Millia has the weakest power and it never increases, but she makes up for it with the ability to shoot three at once.
But yeah, seeing as how Sachiho can fire faster than TGO-03, she's more suited for close range combat.
VirtuosoViking
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:57 pm

In the latest blog entry the creator speaks of having cammy on his mind after doing a search on ixiv for women wearing leotards. Attached image is from the blog.

Now this got me thinking, what if he starts adding heroines from established franchises? Who would you like to see?

Personally I'd like to see Tifa Lockheart(FFVII), Ayane(DoA), Mai Shiranui(KoF) and Sailor Mars. Just some of my personal favorite fictiona women who I think might fit into the game.
Attachments
120717a.png
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game