Vore Roguelike

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vore Roguelike

Postby vintious » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm

USful wrote:Can't seem to run it, idk what exactly to do, i downloaded the zip and extracted it... What next?
A bit of a novice when it comes to "new" things online....

Could've just ran a search for "how do I run .jar files" anyways, it requires java.

To other guy, balance is being worked in eventually, it's not his top priority.
Disagreeable
vintious
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WritingZeal » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:29 pm

This is pretty awesome so far :D
My only suggestion is to maybe vary/use more detailed descriptions of the vore interactions, to make up for the lack of visual input. Other than that, I like
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=31084
I'm almost always open for a new RP :D
WritingZeal
---

Postby Jit » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:48 pm

----------
Last edited by Jit on Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jit
Somewhat familiar

Postby e2s86 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:45 pm

how do you start the game?

do you need to have a specific program?
e2s86
Somewhat familiar

Postby NocturneWolf » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:03 pm

It's already been mentioned a few times, but you need java to run it. Then it should work fine.
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby Firon » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:22 pm

if people can't be bothered to read the first post properly....I don't think anyone should help them as they don't really deserve the help....it's not hard to just read what the OP has put down
Firon
---

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Firon wrote:if people can't be bothered to read the first post properly....I don't think anyone should help them as they don't really deserve the help....it's not hard to just read what the OP has put down

I agree with this guy here.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby NocturneWolf » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:18 am

Eh, fair enough then hehe. I agree though... at least read through things a bit more before posting, hm?
NocturneWolf
Participator

Postby Salanth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:38 am

I love this already. As many have said before, if you can make this game easily moddable you pretty much open up the ability for everyone to make content. That way there is a possibility for more content to be made than you could ever make on your own.

You might have thought of this before already but once more intelligent species are added you could add a talk command, with a branching dialogue sort of thing going on. I'm not sure how difficult this is to make, but if it is added then this will open up a whole lot of possibilities, not to say add a lot of flavour to the game (no pun intended).
Salanth
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Sarethas » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:16 pm

I finally got what the reasoning was. File wasn't set to run with Java automatically like the last .jar I had to work with. If anyone's still having trouble, right click it, and use 'open with' to choose Java as your primary program. As to the people saying we didn't need help because we 'obviously' didn't read. We did. Does't mean we understood what our particular issue with making this run was. I finally solved mine, and I'll assume it was the same for everyone else.

Now, since I've had a chance to play this game, it was certainly interesting. A nice changeup from the normal, with a very simple interface. I do agree that the game is a few degrees too easy to be considered a rougelike just yet. I feel I should ask, do the creatures get their own randomly rolled stats as well? If not, it'd add a variable degree of challenge, and make people paranoid about what they might see. The small descriptions make sense, but, they do make it slightly stale after the first couple of times I managed to get digested.

As to suggestions, maybe let the player let the 'friendly' creature eat you in one of the different ways that he can, since they are capable of multiple types when they just want to eat you. Other suggestions from people have been given, and as I'm a bit out of it currently due to being a bit sick, I'll leave it at this.
If you bring the drama, I'll bring my squeaky rubber hammer and flail you into submission.
Sarethas
Somewhat familiar

Postby RedRadish » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:50 pm

This is sweet as hell. Two potential bugs I've noticed:

1. If you hit 100 lust on the same turn that you escape from a predator, the prompt to masturbate is still there, but doesn't do anything. You can still move around, attack, or do anything else you would normally be able to do while not devoured. If you're engulfed again, your only option is m to masturbate, per usual.
2. The "enter to show enemy description" function doesn't seem to work, as the yellow X that appears after pressing l to look doesn't look to be movable past your own tile. It doesn't work when standing next to an enemy, either, and it's completely unavailable while engulfed.

Looking forward to seeing this developed further!
RedRadish
New to the forum

Postby nyanyan » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:48 pm

RedRadish wrote:2. The "enter to show enemy description" function doesn't seem to work, as the yellow X that appears after pressing l to look doesn't look to be movable past your own tile. It doesn't work when standing next to an enemy, either, and it's completely unavailable while engulfed.

Looking forward to seeing this developed further!

really? I haven't had problems moving the X to look around, I've used it a few times, just to see which of the mobs near me are what gender. I just hit L to switch to look mode, and then I use the movement keys, it works fine for me, so I'm gonna say it's probably your download, not the game, then again, maybe something changed after I downloaded? or I got lucky.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonlord » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:52 am

Great game, only problem I ran across was the fact that the game seemed to crash alot, especially on a pacifist run. Otherwise all of my problems have already adressed and I hope you go with the more visual route as it seems there are at least a couple of people who would be willing to help you in making sprites.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Postby linko736 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Well damn. I'm throughly surprised. I was expecting that I wouldn't particularly enjoy this, but it's quite interesting. Thanks! Looking forward to more
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby AngelFox » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:21 pm

Loving this so far! ^_^
AngelFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gibet » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:10 am

I'm still following this. Fun game!
"The predator's job isn't done when the hunt is over." -Topaz the fairy
Gibet
Participator

Postby comestible » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:58 am

Superfun game! Thanks!

Modding is something I honestly have no clue about.

Any chance you'd simply release the source?
comestible
Been posting for a bit

Postby Houyo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:10 am

I like this game. Wish it had a pred option, but eh, creators whim. It's still an awesome start.
Houyo
???

Postby Ranger » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:33 am

Any updates on this at all? I'm really eager to see a source of this released for us coders and modders to play with :D
Ranger
---

Postby MisterEbony » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Please update!
Voraphile, Furry, Brony, and Gamer.

Shall we play a game?
MisterEbony
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game