Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (Discontinued)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (Updated v0.46)

Postby Daniel092004 » Sun May 19, 2013 12:40 pm

akito2393 wrote:how do i get the devourment stuff to work in game when the light isn't there? i tried reinstalling it, but nothing so what do i do? been having problems like nont fully digesting enemies and getting a count on race or on digestion count, so tried a new chara but cant see the light or find it plz help

Well, the light should be in the general area of the first three stones you find, but if you don't see it right in the center of them, then try activating "tcl" from the dropdown console using "~". It lets you clip through the world as if there was no gravity or anything. Check around the stones, under them, and above them. It should be around.
Daniel092004
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby tiredtomato » Sun May 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Ok, I'm having the same problem as Akito; I started a new game with a female character (As the game I had already started had a male character), leveled up a little, and all that. When I FINALLY remembered where the Guardian Stones were located, I travelled there. Guess what, no ball of light, even tough I activated the mod using Nexus. Now what? :neutral:
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

Postby HungryKhajiit » Sun May 19, 2013 12:59 pm

I really don't like kids, and in a earlier version you could eat them. Though unless its bugged for me [I do have kids marked as non essential] I do have the 'kill essentials' toggled on when I attempt it, though apparently now you can't eat kids? Meh... I guess i could just go werewolf and maul them, or something. :?
HungryKhajiit
New to the forum

Postby Pyrod » Sun May 19, 2013 1:25 pm

wartomato wrote:Ok, I'm having the same problem as Akito; I started a new game with a female character (As the game I had already started had a male character), leveled up a little, and all that. When I FINALLY remembered where the Guardian Stones were located, I travelled there. Guess what, no ball of light, even tough I activated the mod using Nexus. Now what? :neutral:

Did you go to the very first stone you encounter after you left Helgen?
Pyrod
Somewhat familiar

Postby grim667 » Sun May 19, 2013 1:31 pm

Hey Vegan I found something interesting you may wish to check out another modder on the nexus seems to have an ambitious project and you may be able to get some ideas or something for later. Have yet to try it out myself gonna here soon though

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36047/ ... w%3D&pUp=1
grim667
Heavy user

Postby tiredtomato » Sun May 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Pyrod wrote:
wartomato wrote:Ok, I'm having the same problem as Akito; I started a new game with a female character (As the game I had already started had a male character), leveled up a little, and all that. When I FINALLY remembered where the Guardian Stones were located, I travelled there. Guess what, no ball of light, even tough I activated the mod using Nexus. Now what? :neutral:

Did you go to the very first stone you encounter after you left Helgen?

Well, yes, I went to the Guardian Stones as I said, you know, those 3 stones that are together and help you level up your skills faster; The wizard one, the thief one, and the warrior one. But there's no "Misterious ball of light" anywhere to use. (My computer, again, is struggling against my games working correctly)
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

Postby ultimated » Sun May 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Wartomato, did you install everything in the right folder? You just put the contents of the devourment mod into the data folder, right? If you did that, it should work perfectly... Is it just no ball of light? Can you see a little chest there too? If you can, the ball might be hidden right behind it, invisible or something due to a graphical glitch. If the chest isn't there, then the mod's either broken or not installed properly.
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby tiredtomato » Sun May 19, 2013 2:39 pm

ultimated wrote:Wartomato, did you install everything in the right folder? You just put the contents of the devourment mod into the data folder, right? If you did that, it should work perfectly... Is it just no ball of light? Can you see a little chest there too? If you can, the ball might be hidden right behind it, invisible or something due to a graphical glitch. If the chest isn't there, then the mod's either broken or not installed properly.

Well, I used Nexus Mod Manager as I was told to, it installed properly, (Even tough Nexus had given me a little runtime error, but the mod was installed anyway) but when trying to go to the stones, there's nothing; No ball of light, no chest, nothing. By the way, I'm using an Argonian character, as I just wanted to try out how it would be, could that be the problem?
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

Postby ultimated » Sun May 19, 2013 3:04 pm

No no, I use argonians all the time with this mod. Got one on a mission to devour everyone in Skyrim! Anyway, if I were you, I'd open up the skyrim data folder, open up a new unzip of the devourment mod, and just drag everything in the devourment folder across (ie, don't drag the folder "devourment" and the readme across, open up the folder, then drag everything inside that into the data folder). Where it says to merge folders, say yes. Where it asks to replace files, say yes. Then, using NMM, enable the devourment setting on the list, and you should be good to go! If nothing works after that, I'm afraid I can't help you ^^;
Find my prefs here!

Posting more often now! PM me if you like, but I might still be slow to respond!
ultimated
Heavy user

Postby tiredtomato » Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 pm

ultimated wrote:No no, I use argonians all the time with this mod. Got one on a mission to devour everyone in Skyrim! Anyway, if I were you, I'd open up the skyrim data folder, open up a new unzip of the devourment mod, and just drag everything in the devourment folder across (ie, don't drag the folder "devourment" and the readme across, open up the folder, then drag everything inside that into the data folder). Where it says to merge folders, say yes. Where it asks to replace files, say yes. Then, using NMM, enable the devourment setting on the list, and you should be good to go! If nothing works after that, I'm afraid I can't help you ^^;

Ok, I tried uninstalling the mod from Nexus, and after trying to install it again, I got the runtime error again... It looks like this:
Looking at the "More Details" section, I found that it said "File devourment.esp could not be found".
*Throws computer out of window*
Maybe this mod couldn't be installed correctly and that's the reason the light sphere doesn't appear at all? How do I fix this?
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

Postby grim667 » Sun May 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Have you tried manuillly installing. Open Skyrim/data, and then the devouerment ZIP then drag the files and ESP into the data file?
grim667
Heavy user

Postby WorldAlts » Sun May 19, 2013 3:59 pm

Was goofing around with the mod, and got a few ideas while doing a test stream.

1. First off, do you mind me streaming the mod for those on the chat rooms? They seemed to like what they saw during the short test stream I did.

2. Idea for males. Sense they can't eat people, maybe have a separate devourment skill tree for them? Things like less damage from acid, faster escapes, decreasing (or increasing for the sillys) the chance of being eaten?

3. You said earlier, you didn't need help with the writing part of the full conversion mod. Could we here suggest small side quest type stuff then? This of course leaves any big storylines to you.
WorldAlts
Been posting for a bit

Postby ultimated » Sun May 19, 2013 4:05 pm

Okay, let me try one more time, with pictures. If you wait until tomorrow morning (I'm on GMT, it's like 10pm over here) then I'll send you a few pictures, unless you've managed to get it working in the mean time.
Find my prefs here!

ultimated
Heavy user

Postby Freyyr » Sun May 19, 2013 5:58 pm

Let me see if i can explain it well enough.(hard to do without pics)

Step 1: Right click the zip devourment and select extract to devourment

Step 2: enter the new folder that was created called devourment

Step 3: In the devourment folder there is a v.46 folder (or the latest version) enter that.

Step 4: you should now see several folders such as meshes, scripts, seq, sound, and textures select all the folders and the esp, right click and select copy.

Step 5: Go to your skyrim data folder. Should be along the lines of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data

Step 6: while in the data folder you should see other esp files and a few bsa files, right click in an open space and select paste, overwrite as needed and merge as needed.

Step 7: start skyrim through steam and make sure the esp is enabled, by selecting datafiles from the launcher, check the box next to devourment. click ok then start the game.

This is a bit of a long but I hope it helps you tomato.
Freyyr
Been posting for a bit

Re: Devourment [Skyrim mod, F/?] (Updated v0.5)

Postby Vegan » Sun May 19, 2013 6:45 pm

Just posted v0.5! I had to cut the planned acid Destruction spells, but everything else made it in. Check the readme for spell descriptions.

One change you might want to note: I altered how digestion functions if you have scat disabled. Instead of simply acquiring all of the prey's items, you regurgitate a gooey green blob containing them.
Last edited by Vegan on Sun May 19, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devourment: A Skyrim vore mod (F/?)
DevouRIMent: A RimWorld vore mod (F/?)
Tyrant Totem: A Pathfinder: Kingmaker vore mod (F/?)
Vegan
Somewhat familiar

Postby darkevilme » Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

holy crap Vegan you work fast. Though I gotta ask, will the paired animations be coming next content update? Cause I'm really looking forward to those.
darkevilme
---

Postby Vegan » Sun May 19, 2013 7:17 pm

Individual replies:

-Darkevilme: Haha, thanks, but this weekend was pretty atypical. I've been working from a hotel room in a city whose local attractions I've already sampled (and whose nightlife, at least in my experience, primarily consists of muggings) and don't really have much else to do until the conference resumes on Monday. I'm probably going to disappear for at least a week after this, but yes, the new animations are next on my list.

-Akito2393: If you're not running any other mods, I honestly don't have much else to suggest, since nobody else seems to be having these problems. Unlike its predecessors, Skyrim stores scripts from previously installed mods in its save files, so uninstalling them may not fix your issues. Have you tried to starting a new character without other mods and seeing if the issues persist?

-Dean_Knights: Two very valid points. I'll look into ways to allow the player to choose what to do after digesting a foe; maybe you'll be able to choose between rapidly digesting to make room for another enemy (the way it is now) or taking the time to fully digest them and receive greater bonuses. My only concern is that popping up a menu box every time, or requiring a shout, might be too intrusive.

-Grim667: That mod does look interesting - I'll check it out and see if there's anything I could draw inspiration from. Would be nice to be able to fully control followers.

-WorldAlts: Sure, I have no problem with people showcasing my work, and I'm open to sidequest ideas. The separate skill tree probably won't happen anytime soon, but I'm not ruling it out entirely.

For those of you having issues with the Guardian Stones activator, I've added a skull underneath it which has the same effects. Hopefully one or the other will work for you.
Devourment: A Skyrim vore mod (F/?)
DevouRIMent: A RimWorld vore mod (F/?)
Tyrant Totem: A Pathfinder: Kingmaker vore mod (F/?)
Vegan
Somewhat familiar

Postby grim667 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Yay an update.. Vegan I must ask now are you human? :) but serouslly cant wait to try it out
grim667
Heavy user

Postby Dean_Knights » Sun May 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Another update? Holy cow Vegan! Nice work!

Vegan wrote:-Dean_Knights: Two very valid points. I'll look into ways to allow the player to choose what to do after digesting a foe; maybe you'll be able to choose between rapidly digesting to make room for another enemy (the way it is now) or taking the time to fully digest them and receive greater bonuses. My only concern is that popping up a menu box every time, or requiring a shout, might be too intrusive.

Yeah, balancing between features and convenience for users is a tricky bugger. My opinion would, if you ever decided to implement something like that, be to make it similar to the way scat is toggled with perhaps a time option similar to the "Min Time" option you recently added (only with a longer range). Of course then the sheer number of options could get a bit hairy both for you and the users, so win some and lose some I guess.

There is a mod called MCM (Included in SkyUI: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3863/ ) that would make the menus a bit cleaner on the user's end, but I have no idea how hard it is from a coding standpoint. I've seen mods with options listed in MCM as well as with the more direct power-based menus, so it wouldn't make it mandatory for everyone else to use. Might be something to look into if you feel the menu's ever get too cluttered (don't think that's an issue yet, in my opinion).
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein
Dean_Knights
Somewhat familiar

Postby tiredtomato » Sun May 19, 2013 7:49 pm

Freyyr wrote:Let me see if i can explain it well enough.(hard to do without pics)

Step 1: Right click the zip devourment and select extract to devourment

Step 2: enter the new folder that was created called devourment

Step 3: In the devourment folder there is a v.46 folder (or the latest version) enter that.

Step 4: you should now see several folders such as meshes, scripts, seq, sound, and textures select all the folders and the esp, right click and select copy.

Step 5: Go to your skyrim data folder. Should be along the lines of C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\data

Step 6: while in the data folder you should see other esp files and a few bsa files, right click in an open space and select paste, overwrite as needed and merge as needed.

Step 7: start skyrim through steam and make sure the esp is enabled, by selecting datafiles from the launcher, check the box next to devourment. click ok then start the game.

This is a bit of a long but I hope it helps you tomato.

Here is where trouble crashes in. The Data Files option in my launcher is greyed out and unselectable, so I can't activate anything from there. I used Nexus to install the mod, but it doesn't seem to actually be activated, as there's no "Misterious ball of light" anywhere. Whatever, I'll try stuff out and see if I can correct this, maybe if I now download version 0.5 I will be able to install this properly (Version 4.5 gave me a mini-error with Nexus).
tiredtomato
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game