Making a pokemon Vore game!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Making a pokemon Vore game!

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 am

Option B. Aim for the stars.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Doomlycupcake » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 am

Option A: because b might be awesome is too much work.
Doomlycupcake
Participator

Postby komaru » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Option B. Aim for the stars.

Doomlycupcake wrote:Option A: because b might be awesome is too much work.

Have already started work on Options C and D, didn't realized I hadn't updated the main post reflecting that, should be fixed now!

Also, it seems the poll didn't reset the votes from the previous one, so going to try completely getting rid of it and making a fresh one, so if you did vote for the current topic, I'll ask that you vote again once it's up!

EDIT: So in messing with the poll, it seems I have opened Pandora's box, and it's now creating multiple copies of some options, and disregarding others, so I'll just ask here and in the main post while I try to get it up and running again: Would people like the Turtwig-girl as a Playable Character, some other anthro, a human, or something else?
komaru
???

Postby Some_Random_Guy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:33 am

komaru wrote:Meant GameMaker (https://www.yoyogames.com/legacy), not RPGMaker, although I had considered it, I feel there are a lot of RPGMaker Vore games out there already, and I kind of wanted to try something a little bit more fresh, which isn't to say I may not try something there at some point, especially if I get stuck along the way, so I definitely thank you for the offer, and may take you up on it at some point, I'll certainly take whatever I can get :)

Instant like from me!
I seriously think that there should be another section for RPG games. I really don't like RPGs.

Definitely option C.
I want to be able to download the game, and play it without having internet.
HEY!!! HELLO MAN!!!! WHATS UP?!?!?! now dont highlight me anymore, okay please? Thank you!
Some_Random_Guy
Been posting for a bit

Postby komaru » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:36 am

Alas, I have finally made progress (At least on the conceptual level.) I think I have the concepts of the game nailed down now, and know what I want to do with it.

The Player: I've gone back and forth on the idea of the playable character over the last little while. I liked the idea of an Anthro player, as it left some room for each playable character looking unique; however, I realized there was a problem in a possibly hectic situation where you may be facing anthro pokemon that look very similar (and may even use the same sprite as) you. I then thought about using human characters, but as I started doodling, I realized there wasn't a great deal of variation I could come up with, especially for abilities and such. I eventually compromised on using demis for the playable character, human enough so as to avoid looking like an enemy, but creature enough to allow a lot of variation in the future when there's more than one playable character.

The Stages: I'm currently planning there to be a menu where you can choose one of 18 "worlds", each one representing a type of pokemon, as well as a gallery (to be added at some point.), each world will be devided into segments separated by bosses (usually a legendary or mega evolution of the world's type.) each segment will have a certain number of levels (amount depending on the size of the enemy "pool".) and some of these levels having a mini-boss, because bosses are cool!

The vore: Another subject I've danced back and forth on is how vore is to be handled. Mostly, I wasn't sure whether I wanted vore to the the result of a 'loss' (i.e. no struggling, vored = dead) or if I wanted to go a struggling route. I've decided (somewhat tentatively) on the vored = dead approach. The character will have a certain number of hearts (4 being the average amount, some eventual playable characters may have more or less), these will essentially act as 'shields' upon being hit by an attack. Each enemy will definitely have a normal melee attack, if it connects, it removes a heart, if it connects when you have 0 hearts, a vore scene will play out, in sprite animation first, followed by a series of pictures (tentative) basically showing a (mawshot -> Pokemon with gurgling belly -> Pokemon with shrunken belly (ending here if scat is disabled) -> Scat image).

And that's basically it! I may doodle up a template series for one of the predators, just to kind of show what I mean, but aside from that, it's time to really start getting my hands dirty with it now. I will provide a further update when there's progress on some front!
Attachments
snubull.png
The first playable character, pretty average all around to start. Also, I suck at drawing hands!
komaru
???

Postby komaru » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:53 pm

To kind of continue my trend of weekly-ish updates (hopefully, if I have new stuff to share.) here's where I'm at now:

I feel I've gotten a decent understanding of GameMaker's basic programming, so movement and jumping technically work now (with an epic blue box as a protagonist!). And it's here my struggle is coming into play: spriting.

I do have a couple of questions raised by this that I would like to know, because right now, nothing seems to work well together. For tiles (walls/floors) I'm currently using a 32x32 block, which seems pretty standard. The problem I'm running into is characters (specifically, the playable one, as once I have her down, enemies will be compared against her size.)

So my first question is: What is a good size for a platformer Playable Character? I mean, I do want to make sure she's big enough to capture some detail (Decent ears, maybe try and capture her fangs, but I'm willing to drop those.) I'm currently experimenting with 32x74, as that leaves enough room for vore animations when a pred Playable Character is eventually added in. Is there another size people use, or would recommend?

Secondly, more of an observation with a question wrapped up inside: Every attempt so far looks horribly deformed, so I'm trying to see if I can see any examples of a good female platformer sprite, and was wondering if anyone has any, or knows of any good examples for me to look at, and try to see what a good level of "deformation" is.
komaru
???

Postby FoxyVixen21 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:28 am

komaru wrote:To kind of continue my trend of weekly-ish updates (hopefully, if I have new stuff to share.) here's where I'm at now:

I feel I've gotten a decent understanding of GameMaker's basic programming, so movement and jumping technically work now (with an epic blue box as a protagonist!). And it's here my struggle is coming into play: spriting.

I do have a couple of questions raised by this that I would like to know, because right now, nothing seems to work well together. For tiles (walls/floors) I'm currently using a 32x32 block, which seems pretty standard. The problem I'm running into is characters (specifically, the playable one, as once I have her down, enemies will be compared against her size.)

So my first question is: What is a good size for a platformer Playable Character? I mean, I do want to make sure she's big enough to capture some detail (Decent ears, maybe try and capture her fangs, but I'm willing to drop those.) I'm currently experimenting with 32x74, as that leaves enough room for vore animations when a pred Playable Character is eventually added in. Is there another size people use, or would recommend?

Secondly, more of an observation with a question wrapped up inside: Every attempt so far looks horribly deformed, so I'm trying to see if I can see any examples of a good female platformer sprite, and was wondering if anyone has any, or knows of any good examples for me to look at, and try to see what a good level of "deformation" is.

I know my GameMaker game is a RPG style one, but my main character (at the moment) is 50 x 85. Sometimes I find it hard getting all the detail I want in that so you would probably want it bigger.
I am getting pretty confident with GameMaker so let me know if you have any issues I may be able to help out with the coding.
Check out the game I am making here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=41267
FoxyVixen21
Participator

Postby komaru » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Cool! Thanks Foxy. 50 x 85 sounds fairly reasonable, I'm sure I can work with it (worried about making it too big and making the screen feel cramped). And I'm sure I'll end up hitting you up on that at some point or another once i get into the guts of programming it!
komaru
???

Postby sithlordnergal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Well, if you're working on a game maker game, I might be able to help depending on which version it is. I have experience with Game Maker, though I'm a little rusty.
sithlordnergal
Heavy user

Postby komaru » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:06 pm

Well, I managed to find a decent female sprite template online, seeing as how ever attempt I made at one is pretty awful (Although, just from working with the template, I feel I've learned a bit.)

For now, I have no animations done on it, and no shading.

I'm working on the animations now, as for shading, I don't know for sure how much of it I'll do, as there's already a daunting amount of sprite work to do before I actually start building the game.

So, lemme know what you think!
Attachments
Snubullsprite1.png
Snubullsprite1.png (1.51 KiB) Viewed 3429 times
komaru
???

Postby komaru » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:18 pm

So, if anybody still is/ever was following this, I want to fill everyone in on what's going on:

As you may have guessed or assumed, in it's current iteration, the project is dead. Predominate reason for this being spriting is difficult for me, and very time consuming, and while I could get a decent amount done over the summer, chance are I would not have anything playable ready until like 2016 at the rate I can sprite.

However, there is a ray of hope...I have started the programming for a java-based JRPG-ish game. Also in an effort to both broaden the audience, expand the game "universe" as it were, and enable me to release it in easy chunks, it will no longer be restricted to pokemon, but rather branch out into several franchises in a strange mash-up world!

For vorish content, you can probably expect to see almost anything and everything...there will be some toggles in place of course. It would probably be easier to list the things you should expect not to see:

Male Humans as preds
Hard Vore/Chewing/etc.

For the most part, Vore will occur on the battle screen, for the players, once a creature has been weakened sufficiently (or defeated in the cases of vore-able bosses). Any party member with the "voracity" trait will gain access to the "vore" menu, letting them choose a method of vore. The will play out a vore scene where you fight to digest the creature, and it tries to escape (except in the cases of bosses, where they have already been defeated.). Repeatedly defeating enemies with vore moves will give a form of "vore experience", allowing you to increase certain types of vore, doing things like increasing digestion speed, allowing consumption of larger prey, and even giving some special abilities (digesting something via UB might restore a portion of the health digested from the enemy, for example). For predators, vore will work very similar, once a party member reaches a certain HP, they are eligible to be vored, while inside of a predator, party members lose their normal combat menu, and gain a "digesting" menu, which will allow them to "struggle" which will deal damage to a "stomach" meter, which, when depleted, will allow escape, or use any abilities that remain usable during digestion. After a player, or enemy is defeated, a short "animation" will play out, containing digestion and optionally, disposal. In the case of a boss, or loss (i.e. the party's leader is defeated), this animation will be a little more detailed.

As there is a MASSIVE pool of playable characters/classes/etc. That could be added, they will be slowly added over time. For the party leader, you will create your own character, first choosing "Area" (Pokemon, World of Warcraft, Animal, etc.), then specific race, and if applicable, class (Some races are in and of themselves their own class, mostly in regards to "areas" with a wide range of races, like pokemon for example.) as you level up, you will be able to choose traits for your leader.

For non-party leaders: They will be acquired from Taverns around the world. No specific details to share other than this at this point. But, they will likely match your party leader in level when recruited and have randomly generated traits.

And now for timeline:

Right now, as the school year comes to a close, I'm very busy, but I do have a tentative schedule to share, if everything goes according to plan:
Once class ends, I hope to shortly have screenshots of a mock-up UI, just to see people's opinions, this would likely be sometime in May.

And By the end of August, I hope to have the first playable Demo, which will be very basic, I won't lie, as the bulk of the work will be on the engine behind the scenes, but it will at least contain limited character creation, and a "test" battle of sorts. Anything beyond this will be a bonus.

And finally, hopefully by Christmas, there will be some semblance of an overworld to share, and from thereon out, content should be pretty steady, unless/until I decide to toy with new features.

Now, as a caveat, I am in the process of learning to program professionally, so at any time in this schedule, I may end up learning something that will make me turn this whole thing on its head, or even give me a whole new idea (as has happened to me already.) causing massive delays, but in general, this is the goal I've set for myself, and I hope to meet it this time.
komaru
???

Postby Nornim » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:29 pm

Sounds good; its always a good idea to broaden your horizons instead of sticking with just one thing. Take as much time as you need.
Nornim
Somewhat familiar

Postby Adseria » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Not sure if this is still being worked on (I assume it is, since no-one said otherwise), but I'm certainly interested. I know you said you shelved project B, but that's the one I'm most interested in, when you do get around to working on it. In the meantime, C looks just as good. I agree that vore has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many RPGMaker games, and I'm glad someone else decided to do something different.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=44088

Best. Skyrim. Mod. EVER.
Except maybe a couple of others I haven't found yet. Do they count?
Adseria
Somewhat familiar

Postby uents » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:11 pm

Sounds pretty big for one person to develop what engine are you using to create this, if the project is still alive
uents
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:53 pm

Well, I certainly didn't expect to see responses to this after all this time. But here's my situation right now:

->VERY busy with class now, lucky if I have any free time outside of a couple of hours on weekends, which I mostly use to catch up with my social life, or play video games >.>
->I have been chipping away at some of this bit by bit, but I'm learning that I really suck at keeping a schedule when it's just a hobby (i.e. the fact that 2 of my "deadlines" already have passed >.>
->@Adseria: Most of the first 4 projects are already dead, as per my post on April 10th
-> Currently, I'm just throwing it together in Eclipse, and building it from the ground up, conceptually, it's still going to be the same idea I mentioned in my last post -> multiverse, mostly open world JRPG (although, since I'm making one for class as a final project, I have also considered maybe a PvE cardgame (Think: Hearthstone meets Sentinels of the Multiverse meets Cartovore 2)

But yeah, overall, suffice it to say that I'm still brainstorming and very busy. I won't say the project is dead, as I still have plans for it, and even a few snippets of code done up for various possible features, but I will say that it's on the back burner for now, so I wouldn't expect an update in the near future.
komaru
???

Postby Adseria » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

komaru wrote:->@Adseria: Most of the first 4 projects are already dead, as per my post on April 10th

Well, don't I feel stupid right now? :)

komaru wrote:I wouldn't expect an update in the near future.

Even though you specifically said there'd be an update by the end of August? ;)

Relax, I'm joking. If it's a good game, I'm happy to wait as long as it takes. If not, well, I guess I'll just be disappointed when I play it!
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=44088

Best. Skyrim. Mod. EVER.
Except maybe a couple of others I haven't found yet. Do they count?
Adseria
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaos199416 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:53 am

Hey komaru make sure you update often or at least let us know if you are active
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Still active, nothing really new to report.

I have even less free time this semester than last semester, and even that tends to get chewed up by trying to get somewhat ahead of all my school work. Basically, while not dead, this project is in what you might call an "indefinite state of suspended animation". It's highly unlikely there's going to be any progress on it for at least a solid 3 or so months, and honestly with how little of it that I've done so far, combined with the new stuff that I have learned this last half-year or so, I may end up building something new altogether.

As I no longer know what form this game will even take anymore, or when I will be able to get anything done, I would say this thread is likely dead though, and I will make a separate one when I have a substantial amount of new info to share.

As a side note though, I have been chipping away some smaller projects in the few minutes of spare time I have squirreled away:

->I have made a few vore builds on Nightfury's MC server last summer/fall, although these tend to be quite time consuming for me, so I haven't really been able to add to them.

->I'm working on a pack on monsters/planets/zones for darkevilme's "Nomad".

->I'm once again trying to learn spriting, with slightly better luck. No idea what I will use them for yet, but I'm doing it >.>

->random drawings to try and improve my art skills, again, no idea what I'll use it for yet, but I may post stuff when I make something presentable >.>

and finally ->I'm looking into helping Zantos/TiT with the new BattleStallion version.

so yeah, still trying to contribute some stuff to the community, but for the time being, I probably won't be updating on this game very much, but rest assured, I am still active!
komaru
???

Postby Chaos199416 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:09 pm

So any updates on this?
Chaos199416
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game