Archive > IkazayimAkodon > Blog > Health Update [Report]
IkazayimAkodon

Health Update

Posted by IkazayimAkodon 7 years ago

OK guys, this is getting rather ridiculous. Every time I think I'm better and try to make a comeback shit happens. One thing after another with me XP As you guys may have realized, despite my previous blog, I completely missed doing anything for Asherah's birthday. But there is a reason for that. I wound up being scheduled for a colonoscopy AND an upper endoscopy. For those of you who dont know what they means, it means i had camera's shoved down my throat and up my rectum so they can probe for any and all issues that have been causing me all these pains. AND SO! We found out that while my H. Pylori infection did clear up finally, there were other problems. Turned out I had a small hiatal hernia. What this means is that part of my stomach pushed itself up through my diaphragm. Ouch. This caused other issues. Acid reflux, which in turn caused minor erosion to my esophagus, and inflammation of my stomach lining. This has been causing all of my abdominal pains, chest pains, and occasional coughing fits. There was also a sessile polyp found in my sigmoid colon. This is a flat growth that grows on the inside wall of the colon. Sessile polyps can turn into cancer...fun. However, the polyp was removed thankfully and has been sent in for testing as well as a bit of my stomach lining so they can determine any other potential issues.

BUT WAIT! Theres more. On top of all of this during the procedure something else was unintentionally discovered. My oxygen saturation levels were somewhat low during the prep, ie while i was still awake. This initially only caused some minor concern as I am generally young(24) and have never smoked and no known lung/respiratory problems. However, during the actual procedure it was found that I have severe sleep apnea. What this means is that I am not breathing at all for at least 10 seconds during sleep a worrying number of times per hour, and they want me on CPAP machine to help me breath at night. I am, however, apparently going to need to have an official sleep study done first as this was based on monitored oxygen levels during an unrelated procedure. Fun. This explains why I occasionally wake up earlier than I mean to and often have trouble getting back to sleep if I do. It also means I am not getting any actual restful sleep, which explains why I'm still so generally tired/sleepy throughout the day no matter how much sleep I get.

SO! That's whats been up with me. Now, this procedure alone is costing me over $1,000 which I will be able to pay for over a number of months, thankfully. But, there's still paying for the services of the anesthesiologist as well as paying for the future sleep study and CPAP machine. This means...I likely won't be able to pay for any art commissions. I'll likely also cancel any subscriptions to things I have, like WoW. I'm not gonna cancel anything I've already planned and such but there won't be anymore coming after what I've already ordered. However, as a silver lining due to not being able to afford commissions, that might be incentive to get me doing more of my own stuff XD Maybe, we'll see.

Anyways, hope you guys are doing better than I am. Ttfn, ta ta for now~
Comment on Health Update

Comments
Yuyuko1995

Posted by Yuyuko1995 7 years ago Report

sorry to hear that. that really sucks =(

[ Reply ]

almindore58

Posted by almindore58 7 years ago Report

*hugs u really tight, almost being smothered by ur huge knockers*

[ Reply ]

chaos12

Posted by chaos12 7 years ago Report

Hope you get well soon! :)

[ Reply ]

TiffanyIsa

Posted by TiffanyIsa 7 years ago Report

Oh dear. I hope you get better soon! >.<

[ Reply ]

Fumika

Posted by Fumika 7 years ago Report

O I know the feeling. Health wise I have been pretty good, except for some minor problems. More on the lines of ordering a commission, then something unexpected and expensive pops up. But since i already started up a project with an artist I don't want to bail out.

[ Reply ]