Archive > deaddanny > Blog > Bits and pieces for my fantasy Amazon [Report]
deaddanny

Bits and pieces for my fantasy Amazon

Posted by deaddanny 7 years ago

Age ranges from mid 20's to early 30's. She is raised in a society, not unlike that of the Greeks/early Romans. She was raised in an outlying town to a large City-state and when she was old enough joined the army. When she completed her term or service there and made her new life on her granted parcel of land. Aretha misses her life of started an orchard and raising bees, she'll take most opportunities to work with either. She started a young family before they were killed and her hard work destroyed. So she took on the mantle of a doomed quester. In the army survived several battles in the army but since her time as a quester, she has become a proficient duellist with a poleaxe. She's adapted to a life as an adventure only owning what she can carry in the hand cart she pulls.

Amazons are a race of Demi-humans that resemble large women. Most being 6'2''-6'4'' they were created by their gods to exemplify strength and beauty in the feminine form. They are tall often lanky but just as strong as a human male of the same height. There only other racial peculiarity is that they can slowly recover from most injuries that don't kill them immediately. They will continue to heal until they reach full recovery even if it takes several years.
Societally the resemble the greek/early roman city-state. They believe in the importance of physical prowess and developing skills that show off their training and skill. As well as an appreciation of fine arts. This comes together with a series of movement drills that trains the body and mind (that looks like a combination of yoga, primal movement and Martial arts form drills.) As a race, they don't follow the idea of hereditary power structures instead requiring each leader to be proven on their own merit.

For my amazon, I'm going to call her Aretha. She's going to be larger than an average human and stronger than an equivalent sized human. Amazons other highest stat is their constitution, with the stamina to go with it.
Their only other unusual trait as a race is there 'total recovery" Where they can slowly recover from the long term consequences of injury. You got a limp give it a few years it'll go way. (Does not allow for the regrowth fingers or limbs. and won't save you from bleeding out.) But will heal most "Sports injuries" over time assuming that don't die from their injuries outright.
This helps amazons live a long time but as soon as they feel that they can't live up to their civic responsibilities then they go on doomed quests.

Aretha will be equipt with a spiked poleaxe as a long arm. Sword and a conical shield for close work. For ranged, she used slings and small stout javelins that could be strapped to the back of a shield. Armor she usually wears padded chainmail covered in furs, gleves/bracers and an armored belt that covers the stomach and loins.
Comment on Bits and pieces for my fantasy Amazon

Comments

No comments yet, make a comment please