+ August 2015
+ July 2015
+ May 2015
+ April 2015
+ March 2015
Search Blogs

Some critical updates + What makes you happy

Permanent Linkby Ashley_Urikoshima on Thu May 18, 2017 6:50 pm

So. I figure I need to address a few things.

First of all; in regard to commissions -

As of this next, upcoming comic that I will be working on (Due to the fact I took it on before making this decision), I will -no longer- be accepting 'Comic' commissions until further notice. Why? Because I don't feel I can dedicate the appropriate amount of time/focus to it with my work schedule to get them done in a time that I personally feel justified. If I don't feel good working on them because I feel guilty about the delay I've already put into motion, it makes it even harder for me to apply to it properly (Backwards, I know, right?) and thus it becomes even more of a struggle. This will be enforced until time permits more flexibility for myself.

Next. Picarto to Piczel -

As of... 8 minutes ago, I will no longer be streaming at Picarto UNLESS I am performing multistreams via invite of another to stream there. Instead, I will now permanently be hosted at Piczel - You can find me here at: https://piczel.tv/watch/TheDrinkyBritish - This is to cut down on 'unnecessary' monthly payments I was making to services that I was honestly getting little to zero use out of nowadays, especially with how flexible Piczel has been for me and some others.

Apologies for those who may be inconvenienced by this move and have struggled with Piczel viewing in the past. With any luck, their own services shall be up to par for everyone in due time or their functionality will be suitable for all viewing needs. (And they'll get a friggin' app, for a start...)

Next. 'Work'. -

Work for me has become... unpredictable in the last few months. What's more, I'm going through another change very soon and it's going to effect when I can stream again. As a plus? I will be getting my weekends back! Yay! \o/
As a minus, I will have a slight reduction in 'free time' to apply to art and other activities. This'll become apparent in the weeks to come.

Finally, I want to talk about something important.

Depression.

Some people close to me will know there can be... ups and downs with me, though I try to not let it effect me too much. Well, let's just say yesterday I had a moment where I said a 'Yes' to something that should've been reflected as a positive moment for me and where I'd be moving forwards with things. Most notably perhaps, my career.

Needless to say, today it became clear that I'd be trying to drive forward into... who knows what at the risk of my happiness. It made me question 'How much am I giving up for gaining so very little?' And called things into question that I've believed for a long time, as well as things people often like to enforce like 'jumping in at the deep end' and 'never looking back' and that sort of thing. Alot of these mantras work well for some people, of course. I, myself, sometimes need and -should- take a bit of time to mull things over. This might also be the same for other people.

I walked home from work today in such a clusterfuck of emotions, I ended up in a car park with my head against a wall for an amount of time I don't even remember. To expand on that, I was nearly home when I'd realized I'd been so wrapped up in my thoughts and on the border of breaking down that I hadn't even turned any music on despite the fact I'd been wearing headphones since I left work. Yes, it was -that- bad.

Things are changing for me at a pace that I have some to fear. I'm still adjusting and the change has effected me both mentally -and- physically. I'm not sure what the future will bring, but I know I need to think carefully about it now since it's calling my very way of thinking into question. Happiness should be something anyone should do their best to seek out in life and ensure a healthy way of living in that regard. There are things that make me happy and, for the most part, I know what they are. Nowadays, however, just... what I need to do to keep myself happy is seriously being called into question.

I am going to do my best to keep on smiling for a lot of people because making them happy keeps me going.

Anyway, I wish the best for you all. Don't feel the way I do right now, that's for certain.
Last edited by Ashley_Urikoshima on Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't drink the purple liquid!
6 Comments Viewed 344 times
Comments

Re: Some critical updates + What makes you happy

Permanent Linkby HypnoBitch on Thu May 18, 2017 7:57 pm

I'm there for you!
HypnoBitch

Blog: View Blog (11)

Permanent Linkby chechico on Thu May 18, 2017 10:51 pm

We're rooting for you love 10001 hugs for you
chechico
Somewhat familiar

Blog: View Blog (2)

Permanent Linkby Aesir on Fri May 19, 2017 12:07 pm

We're all here for you Ash ):
If you like my work, consider pledging to my Patreon~!
Aesir
Participator

Blog: View Blog (425)

Permanent Linkby Beany_one on Fri May 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Take care of yourself, yo. We'll still be here.
There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those that understand binary and those that don't.
Beany_one
Participator

Location: In my pants, which seems to be the wrong location for this forum.
Blog: View Blog (0)

Permanent Linkby MenchiCutlets on Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 pm

You'll get through it, and you know you have your silly buggers known as friends at your back, for sure!
MenchiCutlets
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (16)

Permanent Linkby Bright on Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 am

We are here for you if you need us.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Blog: View Blog (65)